Author Topic: EA Sports PGA Tour  (Read 266 times)

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
EA Sports PGA Tour
« on: July 31, 2023, 11:15:40 am »
Is on sale 50% off (at the time of writing) so thought I would pull the trigger, do not see a thread on this so chucking this out there.

Bought the PC version and only managed an hour or 2 so of play, half of that was going through menus!

Initial impressions are a little mixed, while the game looks undoubtedly nice and realistic, have a 12th gen I7 and 3070 and notice it is actually quite choppy, is installed on SSD also. It might be the game is loading bits and pieces into cache and subsequent sessions will be smoother, but it does take some of the gloss away.

The game itself is nice, harking back to the good old days of Tiger Woods 2004 and the like, but with a little more sophistication. That said, it harks right back to PS2 since even on PC, for some unfathomable reason, the button tooltips shows PS dual shock buttons, not cool. I'd forgive if it there were XBOX button tooltips, but PS? Hmmm, lazy porting.

Loads of courses, tonnes of fluff and worth a shot if you didn't get the feel for that other 2K golf game.
- all in my opinion of course -