Author Topic: Landscapers HBO / Sky  (Read 696 times)

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
Landscapers HBO / Sky
« on: December 8, 2021, 12:38:41 pm »

Anyone else seen this yet? New drama on Sky from HBO with Olivia Coleman and David Thewlis. What an unbelievable combination that is!

https://www.hbo.com/landscapers

I watched the first episode last night and was keen to know the thoughts of anyone else who's watched it.

Spoiler
I'll need to rewatch it as I found myself easily distracted from it -- even though the directing style and acting was absolutely incredible, it seemed to drag every so slightly for me.
[close]
« Last Edit: December 8, 2021, 12:43:12 pm by iamnant »
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Online markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
Re: Landscapers HBO / Sky
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2021, 06:54:56 pm »
I was following the BBC podcast of the story, and stopped before the last episode, as it might ruin it. Like the ending to Titanic. PM me if you find a stream of this anywhere.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Re: Landscapers HBO / Sky
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2021, 07:37:33 pm »
Loved it. They say how it ends at the beginning. The brilliance is in the storytelling, the acting and the direction.

Spoiler
They break the fourth wall but still manage to draw you straight back into the story. Olivia Coleman is, as always, superb.
[close]
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.