Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3469595 times)

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #58320 on: June 27, 2021, 10:43:53 pm »
NHS site doesn’t have much information about the time between doses that the centres will tolerate.
The subreddit is good for letting you know which ones will allow you to get the second dose before the 8 week mark. Some are allowing walk in second jabs from 21 days (Pfizer)
It says in the third paragraph down that you need to wait 8 weeks between your first and second dose.

I’ve just cancelled and rescheduled my second dose to the 22nd July (exactly 9 weeks between both). Hoping to bump it up another week to around the 15th July but I’ve been pretty lucky to bump it from 2nd August initially.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #58321 on: June 27, 2021, 10:45:29 pm »
 :champ

Congrats on being my first whoosh. 😁

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58322 on: June 27, 2021, 11:43:56 pm »
We need to talk about Scotland….

Cases have exploded there (and this graph is the 7day rolling average which smooths out blips).

I was relatively positive about deaths and hospitalisations earlier, but this growth rate is something else…. I can’t imagine opening up like that.

Is it a short term thing? I hope so, but what if it carries on?  Or gets even worse? 

Worrying times
What's the average age of these people?

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58323 on: June 27, 2021, 11:47:21 pm »
We need to talk about Scotland….

Cases have exploded there (and this graph is the 7day rolling average which smooths out blips).

I was relatively positive about deaths and hospitalisations earlier, but this growth rate is something else…. I can’t imagine opening up like that.

Is it a short term thing? I hope so, but what if it carries on?  Or gets even worse? 

Worrying times
Difficult to say what it is really. Short term effect of Scotland being in the euros and the mixing that comes with it, or a region that has less previous natural infection opening up at a similar vaccination coverage to a region that has had more natural infection. 

Probably a mix of both but I suspect it’s a lot to do with the latter. It doesn’t bode well for places like Ireland and much of Europe - they’ll get hit hard as well. But better to take the hit in the summer - sounds like Ireland will delay the hit to autumn and that could really be the wrong choice.

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58324 on: June 27, 2021, 11:52:24 pm »
Have to self isolate for the next 8 days, as an apparent close contact of a colleague at work. No sign on an LFD test, but got a PCR result coming tomorrow.

Can count myself pretty lucky there's games on for the next few days!
3 days left for me (and 5 for the Mrs). That would be fine but after 18 months I went to spend the weekend at my mums for her 70th. Got the alert an hour after I arrived on Thursday - have spent the weekend in a tent in her garden, but at least I got hang out with her in the garden from a distance.

It’s going to become a very regular thing getting pinged by the app unless they make some changes.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58325 on: June 27, 2021, 11:55:46 pm »
3 days left for me (and 5 for the Mrs). That would be fine but after 18 months I went to spend the weekend at my mums for her 70th. Got the alert an hour after I arrived on Thursday - have spent the weekend in a tent in her garden, but at least I got hang out with her in the garden from a distance.

It’s going to become a very regular thing getting pinged by the app unless they make some changes.

Oh mate, really feel for you all. Glad you got to enjoy some quality time with your family still, even if it didn't end up being some time away from COVID work in the end and in a comfy bed!

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58326 on: June 28, 2021, 12:08:36 am »
Oh mate, really feel for you all. Glad you got to enjoy some quality time with your family still, even if it didn't end up being some time away from COVID work in the end and in a comfy bed!
Cheers, what can you do eh?

Was in two minds about coming at all, but an end of the night drunken dance to you’ll never walk alone in garden has made my mind up. Worth it all the time.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58327 on: June 28, 2021, 08:19:47 am »

Was in two minds about coming at all, but an end of the night drunken dance to you’ll never walk alone in garden has made my mind up. Worth it all the time.
:wellin That's worth having in the old memory banks. 

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58328 on: June 28, 2021, 08:41:36 am »

:thumbup

Just took the lad for a PCR test, he's not got symptoms, but the local council health dept asked we get all the kids done. He coped really well with it, proud of him. I had one too, even though I had a negative LFD yesterday - I'm working Saturday on the trucks and need to go into the depot to pick up new uniform before Wedneday, so best I'm checked. Typically, I've started with a cold today too, snotty nose, slight headache, slight sore throat.

Test place only opened at 8 and was already really busy.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 08:46:15 am by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #58329 on: June 28, 2021, 09:19:09 am »
Zoe app saying NW England and Yorkshire showing signs of decline, hopefully continues

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58330 on: June 28, 2021, 10:43:47 am »
Just had our daily video call - one of the lads, late 20's I think he is, looks like shit. Been to London weekend before last, caught Covid. he's getting better, but its knocked the stuffing out of him. As was said on the call, thank fuck were no longer required to be in the office.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #58331 on: June 28, 2021, 10:52:13 am »
:thumbup

Just took the lad for a PCR test, he's not got symptoms, but the local council health dept asked we get all the kids done. He coped really well with it, proud of him. I had one too, even though I had a negative LFD yesterday - I'm working Saturday on the trucks and need to go into the depot to pick up new uniform before Wedneday, so best I'm checked. Typically, I've started with a cold today too, snotty nose, slight headache, slight sore throat.

Test place only opened at 8 and was already really busy.

By the way these are the most common reported symptoms of the Delta variant so probably best you isolate until you've got your test result

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58332 on: June 28, 2021, 11:17:51 am »

By the way these are the most common reported symptoms of the Delta variant so probably best you isolate until you've got your test result

Didn't know that, but I had considered if I needed to be isolating due to feeling a bit shit today, so I'll deffo take your advice and do that. I needed to go to the depot tonight, I'm staying home now, can't risk other drivers getting it.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 11:30:21 am by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58333 on: June 28, 2021, 11:25:09 am »
Congrats on being my first whoosh. 😁
Damn you!! :duh

Fair dues - you got me. :D
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #58334 on: June 28, 2021, 12:44:53 pm »
University of Oxford saying a booster shot at 6 months increased immunity back to its peak

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58335 on: June 28, 2021, 12:46:14 pm »
Zoe app saying NW England and Yorkshire showing signs of decline, hopefully continues

Lack of investment in new industries.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58336 on: June 28, 2021, 01:03:12 pm »
University of Oxford saying a booster shot at 6 months increased immunity back to its peak
Great news!  We have shown the capability to administer 500k+ vaccines a day so at that rate it would take around four months to provide a single booster to every UK resident.  The current vaccine sprint clearly isn't sustainable in the long-term with staffing, venues and arguably vaccine doses (globally) but similarly I'd not expect everyone to need constant boosters.

Did Oxford suggest how much they think immunity would have dropped by six months and whether it was linear, dependent on age/gender etc.?

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58337 on: June 28, 2021, 01:17:40 pm »
Great news!  We have shown the capability to administer 500k+ vaccines a day so at that rate it would take around four months to provide a single booster to every UK resident.  The current vaccine sprint clearly isn't sustainable in the long-term with staffing, venues and arguably vaccine doses (globally) but similarly I'd not expect everyone to need constant boosters.

Did Oxford suggest how much they think immunity would have dropped by six months and whether it was linear, dependent on age/gender etc.?

You think so?

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58338 on: June 28, 2021, 01:20:29 pm »
Lack of investment in new industries.

Comedy Gold, here all week are you? :D

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58339 on: June 28, 2021, 01:23:31 pm »

In a way, that is expected - any booster will top up exisitng immunity. The more interesting questions to me are, how much did immunity drop in 6 months, and what level of immunity do we need - we might not need "peak" immunity.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58340 on: June 28, 2021, 01:46:30 pm »

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #58341 on: June 28, 2021, 01:50:51 pm »
In a way, that is expected - any booster will top up exisitng immunity. The more interesting questions to me are, how much did immunity drop in 6 months, and what level of immunity do we need - we might not need "peak" immunity.
We should be looking at different booster shots to get hybrid immunity …. Which is stronger
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58342 on: June 28, 2021, 01:52:15 pm »
You think so?
With the caveat that I know nothing; it seems reasonable that once there is a degree of global vaccination coverage that the more frequent (six monthly?) boosters be limited to clinically vulnerable, older individuals or front-line workers (loosely the current AZ cohort).  The rest would have less frequent boosters.

Hopefully we will led by the science on where the sweet spot is between risk and practicality as we are with things like prostate screening.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 01:53:55 pm by thaddeus »

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58343 on: June 28, 2021, 01:58:13 pm »
We should be looking at different booster shots to get hybrid immunity …. Which is stronger

Definitively, I've had two AZ jabs, if there are boosters available for me, I'd want Pfizer or Moderna.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58344 on: June 28, 2021, 02:02:51 pm »
Has anyone heard of a loss of smell as a result of the vaccine (pfizer)?

I know its a well known symptom of covid but about 5 days after my first dose (almost 4 weeks ago) I lost both taste and smell and whilst taste has come back about 80% I still can't smell anything. Had multiple LF/PCR tests since and all negative too.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58345 on: June 28, 2021, 02:09:35 pm »
With the caveat that I know nothing; it seems reasonable that once there is a degree of global vaccination coverage that the more frequent (six monthly?) boosters be limited to clinically vulnerable, older individuals or front-line workers (loosely the current AZ cohort).  The rest would have less frequent boosters.

Hopefully we will led by the science on where the sweet spot is between risk and practicality as we are with things like prostate screening.

I get you, makes sense.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #58346 on: June 28, 2021, 02:30:13 pm »
Scotland with a rise of 2,000 from last weeks cases today. It's a near 200% increase.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #58348 on: June 28, 2021, 03:42:08 pm »
Scotland with a rise of 2,000 from last weeks cases today. It's a near 200% increase.
That doesn't seem good, think we will be seeing a similar increase in Wales in the not too distant future.  The local secondary school has 700 pupils off (mainly self-isolating through having a close contact with a confirmed case) - rumours that the Welsh government are looking into closing the schools from this Friday
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #58349 on: June 28, 2021, 03:43:39 pm »
https://twitter.com/joepike/status/1409498376836575240
Brought a lump to my throat that, really nice to see.  The Duke of Kent (towards the end of the clip) looked a tad confused though as if he was thinking, "why am I standing for one of the rabble?"
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #58350 on: June 28, 2021, 04:05:23 pm »
Just watching the tennis and people are sitting  without masks on same with at the Euros? This mask wearing has got me really confused. I assume these people have been jabbed or got a negative test result.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #58351 on: June 28, 2021, 04:06:44 pm »
Pretty awful case numbers for a Monday (usually dominated by weekend where we usually have lower testing)

Hospitalisations rising more slowly

https://twitter.com/BristOliver/status/1409528587783397376
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 04:09:41 pm by filopastry »

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58352 on: June 28, 2021, 04:07:07 pm »
Just watching the tennis and people are sitting  without masks on same with at the Euros? This mask wearing has got me really confused. I assume these people have been jabbed or got a negative test result.

Classes as outside and therefore not required no?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58353 on: June 28, 2021, 04:07:44 pm »
Professor Snape from Oxford says that mixing vaccinations can trigger a stronger immune response. No way am I trusting him, not until Dumbledore confirms it to be true.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-mix-and-match-jabs-study-finds-combination-of-oxford-and-pfizer-vaccines-creates-robust-immune-response-12344108
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 04:17:36 pm by a treeless whopper »

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58354 on: June 28, 2021, 04:13:25 pm »
Has anyone heard of a loss of smell as a result of the vaccine (pfizer)?

I know its a well known symptom of covid but about 5 days after my first dose (almost 4 weeks ago) I lost both taste and smell and whilst taste has come back about 80% I still can't smell anything. Had multiple LF/PCR tests since and all negative too.

Hi mate. Sorry to hear this.

You might want to upload your experience to the MHRA, through their yellow card scheme, to contribute to the evidence base of side effect to the vaccine. Hopefully should be a quick process.

https://coronavirus-yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk/

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58355 on: June 28, 2021, 04:16:39 pm »
Today’s case numbers include a number that weren’t reported yesterday by NHS England so not quite as staggering.

Offline Studgotelli

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58356 on: June 28, 2021, 04:19:56 pm »
Professor Snape from Oxford says that mixing vaccinations can trigger a stronger immune response. No way am I trusting him, not until Dumbledore confirms it to be true.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-mix-and-match-jabs-study-finds-combination-of-oxford-and-pfizer-vaccines-creates-robust-immune-response-12344108

If true and it produces 9x antibodies and releasing this when most of the population has been vaccinated already…

???

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #58358 on: June 28, 2021, 04:20:43 pm »
If true and it produces 9x antibodies and releasing this when most of the population has been vaccinated already…

???

They've only just completed the trial studies and only just ratified the data so its not like they've been sitting on this information for months and months.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #58359 on: June 28, 2021, 04:21:29 pm »
Today’s case numbers include a number that weren’t reported yesterday by NHS England so not quite as staggering.

Yes I just saw that, on the downside mind you, its not as if yesterday's case numbers looked particularly good either.