Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3459353 times)

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #58240 on: June 24, 2021, 04:35:31 pm »

Hospitilisations seem to be levelling off, or is that still following the cases?

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58241 on: June 24, 2021, 04:39:08 pm »

Hospitilisations seem to be levelling off, or is that still following the cases?

Of course they are, all the vulnerable are fully vaccinated, and even the less so have had one jab by now.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #58242 on: June 24, 2021, 04:49:57 pm »
I agree we will see masks when needed, but I don't believe we will all be required to wear masks anymore after the 19th July,

And definitely not if you are visiting UEFA dignitary.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #58243 on: June 24, 2021, 05:45:16 pm »

After the attendance announcement re the Euro semis and final at Wembley now we have this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/57598221

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #58245 on: June 24, 2021, 05:55:35 pm »
After the attendance announcement re the Euro semis and final at Wembley now we have this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/57598221

It says something when Hamilton has openly said that he thinks such a decision is 'premature'.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #58246 on: June 24, 2021, 07:26:46 pm »
If we continue to see little appreciable  rise in hospitalisations, then the case numbers can be lived with.

Fingers crossed for the next week or so. 

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58247 on: June 24, 2021, 07:45:11 pm »
If we continue to see little appreciable  rise in hospitalisations, then the case numbers can be lived with.

Bit of a tortoise there  ;)

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #58248 on: June 24, 2021, 08:50:19 pm »

Let's hope so.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58249 on: June 24, 2021, 09:34:46 pm »

Any views on "long Covid"?

(edit: not supposed to sound sarcastic!  As you're someone well read on the subject I'm genuinely interested if you think the extrapolated numbers of people suffering from "long Covid" and the reported symptoms are enough alone for us to worry about the case numbers rising)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58250 on: June 24, 2021, 10:11:56 pm »

(edit: not supposed to sound sarcastic!  As you're someone well read on the subject I'm genuinely interested if you think the extrapolated numbers of people suffering from "long Covid" and the reported symptoms are enough alone for us to worry about the case numbers rising)
Well that’s the question isn’t it?  If people aren’t going into hospitals in big numbers, can we live (as a population) with long covid?

I don’t think we have  any serious chance of zero covid and we haven’t for many many months. 

I suspect the answer will vary depending  on who you ask.  Me, I didn’t have long Covid, so I’m biased and would say it’s ok.  Others might have a better informed point of view.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58251 on: June 24, 2021, 10:15:36 pm »
Our neighbours have covid, the husband, wife and even the kid all coughing constantly. They caught it in Presthaven sands the week before last.

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58252 on: June 24, 2021, 10:34:26 pm »

Actually a lot of positives in the data at the moment. We’re almost at the best case scenario when the decision was made to wait for the data. Hopefully it holds, if it does then modelling gets updated and the outlook starts to look pretty good.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58253 on: June 24, 2021, 10:40:07 pm »
Research into period irregularities and any impact on fertility being undertaken, which obviously has raised alarm bells in the anti-vax community who all feel vindicated again... even though it's literally just research into whether there's any link lol

Although anecdotally quite a few younger women I know mentioned heavier than normal bleeding that fixed itself after a while.
YNWA.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58254 on: June 24, 2021, 10:43:21 pm »

I don't think there are any definitive reported figures on 'long covid' as I guess maybe it's difficult to necessarily assume it was caused by Covid.

I know someone in their 20s who has long Covid now which she's slowly recovering from despite being pretty healthy. A cousin of mine in her 60s also took about 5 months to recover from general lethargy and breathing issues.

I guess you can only mitigate at this stage. We are unfortunately beyond the stage where we can properly 'beat down' the virus and have basically just accepted its existence. I'll personally just continue to wear a mask in very cramped/public areas.

The conversation could drastically change if we start finding young kids are getting it though in large numbers.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 10:45:07 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline RF

• Are we there yet?... is it open?... where are we?... what's that?...it's a lazy twat! Is my card marked?.. Yes it is?
  • Kopite
« Reply #58255 on: June 24, 2021, 10:48:46 pm »
Speaking of antivax one my antivax workmates was watching something on his phone a few days ago. I asked him what it was and he said it was Eric Clapton on about how the covid vaccines are really bad etc 🙄

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58256 on: June 24, 2021, 10:52:37 pm »
Eric Clapton MD PhD in virology, head of viral research at Oxford university I presume?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58257 on: June 24, 2021, 11:11:24 pm »
Makes me laugh these idiots on Question Time moaning about a two tier society of haves and have nots, in relation to bloody holidays. Since when were holidays an essential part of anything. Just amazing the amount of news time holidays have taken in this pandemic.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58258 on: June 24, 2021, 11:20:48 pm »
Speaking of antivax one my antivax workmates was watching something on his phone a few days ago. I asked him what it was and he said it was Eric Clapton on about how the covid vaccines are really bad etc 🙄
Eric Clapton, the anti vaxer that takes vaccines and then claims they somehow make his hands stop working so he can't play a guitar. Him and Van Morrison should team up to do a duo. Oh, hold on...

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58259 on: June 24, 2021, 11:24:02 pm »
Eric Clapton, the anti vaxer that takes vaccines and then claims they somehow make his hands stop working so he can't play a guitar. Him and Van Morrison should team up to do a duo. Oh, hold on...
Lots of talk of cancel culture..

But Clapton is a bigoted racist antivaxer yet keeps going.

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/eric-clapton-racist-outburst/

Big fan of Enoch Powell.. genuinely
W

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #58260 on: June 24, 2021, 11:32:33 pm »
Lots of talk of cancel culture..

But Clapton is a bigoted racist antivaxer yet keeps going.

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/eric-clapton-racist-outburst/

Big fan of Enoch Powell.. genuinely

I'm not a fan of Clapton or have followed his career in any way, but from what I've known about him I never would have thought that he'd be such a c*nt. It's a bit as if someone discovered old footage of Mother Teresa eating chips and telling a kid asking for one "Piss off, I'm starving".

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58261 on: June 24, 2021, 11:35:11 pm »
I'm not a fan of Clapton or have followed his career in any way, but from what I've known about him I never would have thought that he'd be such a c*nt. It's a bit as if someone discovered old footage of Mother Teresa eating chips and telling a kid asking for one "Piss off, I'm starving".
It’s not entirely good news on the mother Teresa front either  I’m afraid.
W

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58262 on: June 24, 2021, 11:36:17 pm »

haha yeah beat me to it. dont want to shock you stoa mate, but she was a complete scumbag

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58263 on: June 24, 2021, 11:48:32 pm »

The same Van Morrison who lived through the troubles and the American civil rights movement without a peep.
Now that he can't play his dirge live he kicks off. Utter bellend.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58264 on: June 24, 2021, 11:55:37 pm »

The same Van Morrison who lived through the troubles and the American civil rights movement without a peep.
Now that he can't play his dirge live he kicks off. Utter bellend.

It's not even as if he wasn't allowed to feel aggrieved about it. He's within his rights to be pissed off. However, there's ways of making your point, and standing up on a stage and ranting like you're having a mental breakdown isn't a good look. He came across as being genuinely unhinged. Fucking gobshite.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #58265 on: June 25, 2021, 12:05:07 am »
haha yeah beat me to it. dont want to shock you stoa mate, but she was a complete scumbag

To be fair,  there are no stories out there about her tellinng a kid to piss off... ;)

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58266 on: June 25, 2021, 08:35:25 am »

There are two question there - is long covid is linked to severity of the original illness? If so, than a reduction in hospitalisations should also mean a reduction in long covid case. Afaik, this wasn't the case though - severe illness had a longer recovery time, especially if ventilation/ICU was needed, but that was seperate from long covid. On the other hand, even mild cases can develop long covid. I don't have any figures though.

The other, and probably seperate question, is if the vaccine protects from long covid. I guess we don't have good figure for that yet, because fully vaccinated cases of covid are rare, and long covid sufferers would be a small subgroup of that.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58267 on: June 25, 2021, 09:35:18 am »
To be fair,  there are no stories out there about her tellinng a kid to piss off... ;)

Maybe not, but she was no saint either.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #58268 on: June 25, 2021, 10:30:28 am »
Research into period irregularities and any impact on fertility being undertaken, which obviously has raised alarm bells in the anti-vax community who all feel vindicated again... even though it's literally just research into whether there's any link lol

Although anecdotally quite a few younger women I know mentioned heavier than normal bleeding that fixed itself after a while.

I've been "not right" since the first jab. Won't go into too much detail but the first period I had after getting it made me throw up with pain, and whilst I've been bad before it was by far the worst I've ever had. The other one after that wasn't much better, over a week late and agony again.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #58269 on: June 25, 2021, 11:01:57 am »

It would be good to see the ‘deaths’ data slowing down. Cases are up 45% (last 7 days compared to the preceding 7 days) and we know that the Delta variant is continuing to spread, but doing much less damage that it would have without vaccinations.

But what nobody seems to have mentioned is that deaths are up 32% (again last 7 days compared to the preceding 7). Admittedly from a low base, but hasn’t that always been the case?

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #58270 on: June 25, 2021, 12:51:16 pm »

Mrs WLR who is usually as regular as clockwork and very consistent in that department has been all over the place since she had her first jab about 5-6 weeks ago.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58271 on: June 25, 2021, 01:33:05 pm »
I just went along to a vaccine site as part of the "Big Covid-19 vaccination weekend" and had my second jab.  I'm not saying this to show off but I am very happy  ;D

The minimum gap between first and second vaccines was only 21 days so if anyone is in that window of being between 3 and 12 weeks since their first vaccine then probably worth checking out sites in your area.  The rules may be different if you're not in a Delta hot-spot so probably worth checking before you start queuing up.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58272 on: June 25, 2021, 03:09:10 pm »
Got my second dose today but they nearly didn't give it to me. She asked for my GP's address but when I told her the name of the practice she shook her head and said no. In the end it wasn't even my GP's address they were after but the medical group of the area I'm in.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58273 on: June 25, 2021, 06:05:39 pm »
15,810 new cases & 18 deaths reported.

Online TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #58274 on: June 26, 2021, 06:02:16 am »
In my school, we now have about 1/3 of the school isolating.  Most it’s ever been

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58275 on: June 26, 2021, 06:19:24 am »
Whole of Sydney locked down for two weeks.  Break out apparently started with an unvacinated limo driver who was transporting international flight crews.

Then this last night: apparently this is clients + close contacts = 900

« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 06:21:07 am by leroy »

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58276 on: June 26, 2021, 08:57:43 am »
In my school, we now have about 1/3 of the school isolating.  Most it’s ever been
We’ve had 4 cases… all in KS3.   
We brought back masks in class last week, because…why not?
W

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #58277 on: June 26, 2021, 08:58:20 am »
Walk in clinics all across London again today. No GP or NHS number needed, no questions asked.

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58278 on: June 26, 2021, 09:43:20 am »
I’d be interested in what people think about the delta deaths vs vaccine figures released on ITV news last night -

117 deaths of which :

44 were unvaccinated
23 had received a single dose
50 were fully vaccinated
All we’re over the age of 50

Is the rationale for this that vaccine or no vaccine, generally speaking the older you are, the higher risk you are and therefore you’d still expect t to see relatively high (comparatively) death figures in those with 2 jabs as they are the ones who are typically older (as older people are offered the vaccines sooner?)

The report was fairly sparse, and it did say that health officials are confident that the vaccines are reducing severe illness and death but nevertheless presumably you’d hope to see the ratio of deaths/vaccine to be lower?

I’m not always the best at analysing numerical data, hence hoping that some in here are and can point me in the right direction!

For reference this is the report, there’s a video link within if you want to watch it:

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-06-25/covid-delta-variant-the-top-20-hotspots-in-england

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58279 on: June 26, 2021, 09:43:34 am »
I just went along to a vaccine site as part of the "Big Covid-19 vaccination weekend" and had my second jab.  I'm not saying this to show off but I am very happy  ;D

The minimum gap between first and second vaccines was only 21 days so if anyone is in that window of being between 3 and 12 weeks since their first vaccine then probably worth checking out sites in your area.  The rules may be different if you're not in a Delta hot-spot so probably worth checking before you start queuing up.

Thanks for this mate, got my 2nd pfizer in London yesterday after only 4 weeks.