Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3459536 times)

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #60640 on: July 26, 2021, 04:52:51 pm »
Interesting. Used to follow him on Youtube and his updates at the start of the pandemic were great. Unfollowed him once he started going on about Vitamin D all the time, because it got a bit tedious...
And I hate the pen he's using. It gives me goosebumps looking at him writing, because for me using a pen like that on a piece of paper is like fingernails on a chalkboard for others... ;)

He seemed to go from really positive (even if we were in the crap) to negative all the time. I gave up on him in the end

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60641 on: July 26, 2021, 05:17:36 pm »
29 yr old nephew has tested positive, single jabbed and other than barking like a dog the other day, he's now fine, picked up on a lateral flow test. Fella at works wife is mid 40's, double jabbed and is quite rough with it. I know of another double jabbed person who got blue lighted to hospital as cannot breathe.

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60642 on: July 26, 2021, 05:22:00 pm »
29 yr old nephew has tested positive, single jabbed and other than barking like a dog the other day, he's now fine, picked up on a lateral flow test. Fella at works wife is mid 40's, double jabbed and is quite rough with it. I know of another double jabbed person who got blue lighted to hospital as cannot breathe.

one of the rarer delta variant side effects
YNWA.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #60643 on: July 26, 2021, 05:24:17 pm »
We've gone from near 60k cases a day to just under 25k cases per day in about 10 days, is something fishy going on?
This graph doesn't show anything fishy. The cases are dropping and 25K is in line with the expectation (the next point in the graph). Looking at the previous peak (wave), the reaction is not much different either, maybe just a ted faster.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60644 on: July 26, 2021, 05:26:50 pm »

The daughter of a colleague of mine, in her mid-30s, double-jabbed, went to India at the beginning of the delta spread there. Sadly, she never returned... passed away.

Offline markthescouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60645 on: July 26, 2021, 05:34:18 pm »
one of the rarer delta variant side effects
Feeling ruff is fairly common I thought?

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #60646 on: July 26, 2021, 05:40:10 pm »
He seemed to go from really positive (even if we were in the crap) to negative all the time. I gave up on him in the end

Didn't notice that, but maybe that was after I had already given up. At the same time, it's hard to follow all this stuff for that long a time. I think after a while it just gets too much. I used to listen to a German podcast where they were talking to Christian Drosten. In the beginning it was daily except for the weekend and I was really looking forward to it. However, after I while I just stopped even after they had gone to once a week or so.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #60647 on: July 26, 2021, 06:35:25 pm »
Didn't notice that, but maybe that was after I had already given up. At the same time, it's hard to follow all this stuff for that long a time. I think after a while it just gets too much. I used to listen to a German podcast where they were talking to Christian Drosten. In the beginning it was daily except for the weekend and I was really looking forward to it. However, after I while I just stopped even after they had gone to once a week or so.

Yeah only so much miserable stuff you can take, it's amazing how much it helps to avoid it for even one day

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #60648 on: July 26, 2021, 06:57:19 pm »
The daughter of a colleague of mine, in her mid-30s, double-jabbed, went to India at the beginning of the delta spread there. Sadly, she never returned... passed away.
That's very sad to hear.  It must have been awful for her family.

I'm not wanting at all to diminish or excuse away her death but I can only assume she had underlying health issues that meant she was double-jabbed so early on despite her relatively young age.  It's exactly the kind of sad story that anit-vaxxers jump on to support their cause!

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #60649 on: July 26, 2021, 07:34:19 pm »
Any indicators from other countries about euro effects. I joked about Scotland's numbers coming down before ours, but is it a similar pattern amongst other countries that didn't make it out of group stages?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #60650 on: July 26, 2021, 07:35:12 pm »
Any indicators from other countries about euro effects. I joked about Scotland's numbers coming down before ours, but is it a similar pattern amongst other countries that didn't make it out of group stages?
The Netherlands are coming down steeply too…
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60651 on: July 26, 2021, 07:49:04 pm »
Don't think anyone predicted this steep decline but this wave has proven firmly that vaccines work.

That said, a lot of businesses seem to be operating like pre-freedom day around me and people are still wearing masks and generally being cautious, plus the whole 'pingdemic' thing seems to have a lot of people staying at home. Will be interesting to see how things go, but some optimism. Just have to hope now.

Also, apparently some CEV people have already received messages about flu and covid boosters? Are these Covid boosters updated for the latest variants or just a booster of the original?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 07:50:47 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60652 on: July 26, 2021, 08:13:47 pm »
Finally got my second vaccine this afternoon which feels something of a relief.

Had no symptoms at all with the first one but I’m starting to feel a bit groggy, full fluey headache, hopefully doesn’t get any worse but even if it does it’s well worth it.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60653 on: July 26, 2021, 08:50:58 pm »
Don't think anyone predicted this steep decline but this wave has proven firmly that vaccines work.

That said, a lot of businesses seem to be operating like pre-freedom day around me and people are still wearing masks and generally being cautious, plus the whole 'pingdemic' thing seems to have a lot of people staying at home. Will be interesting to see how things go, but some optimism. Just have to hope now.

Also, apparently some CEV people have already received messages about flu and covid boosters? Are these Covid boosters updated for the latest variants or just a booster of the original?

Same by us, loads still wearing masks going in shops, even though shop staff on the whole have stopped wearing them. Younger people seem to be the best for wearing them, the older ones are the ones I see not wearing them more than anyone.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60654 on: July 26, 2021, 08:53:55 pm »
Great news about the cases dropping - hopefully, we're over the worst now.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60655 on: July 26, 2021, 08:57:04 pm »
Same by us, loads still wearing masks going in shops, even though shop staff on the whole have stopped wearing them. Younger people seem to be the best for wearing them, the older ones are the ones I see not wearing them more than anyone.

Personally I have one on me and put it on if it’s busy or I’m near elderly people.

I do our bi-weekly food shop in Morrison’s which is really spacious and well ventilated so I don’t bother in there unless it’s busy, but I would do in a busier place.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60656 on: July 26, 2021, 09:05:17 pm »
Finally got my second vaccine this afternoon which feels something of a relief.

Had no symptoms at all with the first one but I’m starting to feel a bit groggy, full fluey headache, hopefully doesn’t get any worse but even if it does it’s well worth it.

I was the same after my first, then the second night after my second jab I had a fever, chills and a headache. It passed pretty quickly though.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60657 on: July 26, 2021, 09:49:44 pm »
That's very sad to hear.  It must have been awful for her family.

I'm not wanting at all to diminish or excuse away her death but I can only assume she had underlying health issues that meant she was double-jabbed so early on despite her relatively young age.  It's exactly the kind of sad story that anit-vaxxers jump on to support their cause!
I don't know anything about her medical history / condition, but I do suspect that she must have had an underlying issue. I was just saying that the double jab doesn't necessarily protect you, especially if you have a serious condition you didn't know about. Plus, the delta variant seems to be affecting the younger people much more than the previous ones. Her case was an exception to the rule. Yeah, the anti-vaxxers always tend to point to an exception and portray it as a rule, but any person with half a brain can tell the difference.

I really don't get the vaccine debate, to be honest. Yes, vaccines are not approved for a regular distribution, but they are approved for an emergency use. If the current pandemic dos not constitute emergency, I don't know what does. Yes, there is a risk that the vaccines won't be 100% effective; yes, there is a risk of complications from the vaccines; yes, there is a risk of unknown long-term adverse effects. But all of those combined don't measure up either to the increased death rate compared to common flu, or to the severe post-Covid damage that often occurs. Risk versus rewards is really a no-brainer IMHO, but what do I know... I got my jabs at first opportunity, and I'd do it again if the decision was to be made at this time and not three months ago.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60658 on: July 26, 2021, 09:51:51 pm »
I was the same after my first, then the second night after my second jab I had a fever, chills and a headache. It passed pretty quickly though.
I had a hangover after the first (Moderna) vaccine, although I'm not sure I can put the blame fully on the vaccine... ;D  No effects with the second.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60659 on: July 26, 2021, 09:52:48 pm »
Personally I have one on me and put it on if it’s busy or I’m near elderly people.

I do our bi-weekly food shop in Morrison’s which is really spacious and well ventilated so I don’t bother in there unless it’s busy, but I would do in a busier place.

With the way thr Delta flew around by me, I'm still wearing my mask in every shop, wore it in the Asda earlier and most were wearing one.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60660 on: July 26, 2021, 10:39:57 pm »
Interesting they're not counting reinfections in current stats (albeit it seems reinfections are about 1%?)

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1419233632993095689?s=20

Is the logic to this that a reinfection is likely to be managed better by the body or is it just trying to suppress the numbers?
For what it’s worth, I’ve not yet seen someone have two separate COVID infections. Testing positive a month or two after their first positive test (due to remnants of dead virus in the upper airway), yes, but not a second infection. Includes people (such as myself) who spent a lot of time around COVID but didn’t have a second illness. So I think Peston is overdramatising here.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60661 on: July 26, 2021, 10:42:25 pm »
A video of that lunatic nurse who was speaking at the anti lockdown rally..

I must warn you, it’s not an easy watch.  She’s quite disturbed

https://twitter.com/jonnorris12/status/1419748474237620232?s=21

And this is her son, who has called for the law to be changed to make her hate speech illegal…. 

https://twitter.com/bbcr4today/status/1419599993124671488?s=21

It’s good to see someone stand up to a family member like this.  And brave..
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 10:45:34 pm by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60662 on: July 26, 2021, 10:59:24 pm »

And this is her son, who has called for the law to be changed to make her hate speech illegal…. 

And presumably, she's allowed to vote?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60663 on: July 26, 2021, 11:06:56 pm »
Also...
I got myself the paper 'passport' ( thanks for rawk for the link).  If I photocopied it and gave to a mate. Do you think venues requiring it would check for duplicates? The app might be slightly harder to forge, but I doubt it.

--edit-- obviously I would do it. Just curious. I guess it would be easy to check for a duplicate at a venue, but centralised software is probably just verifying the code, not linking it to where you are ( privacy concerns?)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 11:09:00 pm by PaulF »

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60664 on: July 26, 2021, 11:19:38 pm »
Great news about the cases dropping - hopefully, we're over the worst now.

Great if it continues, but we haven’t seen the effect of ‘freedom day’ yet.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #60665 on: July 26, 2021, 11:21:52 pm »

So no evidence whatsoever then.

Saw she gibbed that.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60666 on: July 27, 2021, 12:34:02 am »
We've gone from near 60k cases a day to just under 25k cases per day in about 10 days, is something fishy going on?
Drop is real I think, the positivity rate is dropping also from July 21st which is in line which what should happen with infection numbers beginning to drop from the same time.

I think we're bouncing along around the herd immunity threshold. That threshold isn't an exact set figure for this virus, more a range where it comes into play depending on the values of certain things that govern transmission levels. Population behaviour, population immunity, weather/seasonality and the virus characteristics all play a role in governing those transmission levels. Virus characteristics are consistent (for now at least), weather has been good decreasing transmission, population immunity increases daily and also strengthens daily, so also decreasing transmission. The variable one at this moment really is population behaviour. 

Putting July 21st to one side for now we can consider what actually went on for late June and all of July up to that point. We had increasing social contacts due to football culminating in a Euro final where social interaction was likely the highest it's been in 18 months. Just prior we had university terms ending and the associated increased social contacts that entailed. We recently also had schools shutting from 3 weeks ago which are now all on holidays. We've also had increasing numbers isolating as we went through the last 6-8 weeks.
Adding all those together in some sort of timeline we get A) increasing contacts from end of university term which peaked and then faded, 2) overlapped by a rise in contacts due to football which peaked at the final and subsided and 3) the end of which overlapped with schools shutting for holidays. You can almost look at those things as a kind of slow lockdown being enacted - daily contacts went from high to low, essentially what a lockdown aims to do. I think what we're seeing now is us approaching that range for herd immunity for the population circumstances as they are now (or were at July 21st).

Those circumstances will change with worse weather after the Summer and schools back, but on the flip side population immunity will hopefully continue to increase. If as it seems that we are bouncing around that range, the future looks like maybe being bumps rather than waves. I think there's a lot to be optimistic about at the moment. I also think we may have overshot the threshold that step 4 will bring, at least over the next few months with the social interactions that went on during the final 10 days of Euro 2020. So we may not see another significant rise in infections from step 4, rather it will just cause it to plateau at some level - maybe along with very small and transient rise when we get to that level as the delta variant fills out the remaining infection space step 4 leads to.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 12:35:58 am by djahern »

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60667 on: July 27, 2021, 07:23:05 am »
For what it’s worth, I’ve not yet seen someone have two separate COVID infections. Testing positive a month or two after their first positive test (due to remnants of dead virus in the upper airway), yes, but not a second infection. Includes people (such as myself) who spent a lot of time around COVID but didn’t have a second illness. So I think Peston is overdramatising here.

It's definitely happening. I know at least 3 people personally
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60668 on: July 27, 2021, 08:11:31 am »
That's testing positive with symptoms twice I guess?
Hope they are all ok. Was second bout less severe. Were they vaccinated?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 08:25:16 am by PaulF »

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60669 on: July 27, 2021, 08:13:52 am »
Drop is real I think, the positivity rate is dropping also from July 21st which is in line which what should happen with infection numbers beginning to drop from the same time.

I think we're bouncing along around the herd immunity threshold. That threshold isn't an exact set figure for this virus, more a range where it comes into play depending on the values of certain things that govern transmission levels. Population behaviour, population immunity, weather/seasonality and the virus characteristics all play a role in governing those transmission levels. Virus characteristics are consistent (for now at least), weather has been good decreasing transmission, population immunity increases daily and also strengthens daily, so also decreasing transmission. The variable one at this moment really is population behaviour. 

Putting July 21st to one side for now we can consider what actually went on for late June and all of July up to that point. We had increasing social contacts due to football culminating in a Euro final where social interaction was likely the highest it's been in 18 months. Just prior we had university terms ending and the associated increased social contacts that entailed. We recently also had schools shutting from 3 weeks ago which are now all on holidays. We've also had increasing numbers isolating as we went through the last 6-8 weeks.
Adding all those together in some sort of timeline we get A) increasing contacts from end of university term which peaked and then faded, 2) overlapped by a rise in contacts due to football which peaked at the final and subsided and 3) the end of which overlapped with schools shutting for holidays. You can almost look at those things as a kind of slow lockdown being enacted - daily contacts went from high to low, essentially what a lockdown aims to do. I think what we're seeing now is us approaching that range for herd immunity for the population circumstances as they are now (or were at July 21st).

Those circumstances will change with worse weather after the Summer and schools back, but on the flip side population immunity will hopefully continue to increase. If as it seems that we are bouncing around that range, the future looks like maybe being bumps rather than waves. I think there's a lot to be optimistic about at the moment. I also think we may have overshot the threshold that step 4 will bring, at least over the next few months with the social interactions that went on during the final 10 days of Euro 2020. So we may not see another significant rise in infections from step 4, rather it will just cause it to plateau at some level - maybe along with very small and transient rise when we get to that level as the delta variant fills out the remaining infection space step 4 leads to.
Some really good analysis here..

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1419912847795146760?s=21

We saw a spike firm the euros in younger men…

But this was caused by mixing indoors rather than at games..

I think you’re right. We’re on the cusp of immunity, and this varies with weather, big events, the level of immunity  etc etc.

On another point, 18-24 years olds have 60% prior infection rates!  Stupidly high…
W

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60670 on: July 27, 2021, 09:02:30 am »
That's testing positive with symptoms twice I guess?
Hope they are all ok. Was second bout less severe. Were they vaccinated?

Yup all vaccinated few months ago, all managed at home
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60671 on: July 27, 2021, 09:07:24 am »

Crikey. I had forgotten about Shemirani and her son. This has been going on for some - maybe a year, yes? I think you are correct - she is disturbed. I think a lot (or most or all) of these more visible contrarians have deep psychological issues. Ivor Cummins and Peers Corbyn immediately spring to mind.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #60672 on: July 27, 2021, 09:15:50 am »
On another point, 18-24 years olds have 60% prior infection rates!  Stupidly high…

Makes sense, since a lot of them won't have jobs which allow them to work from home.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60673 on: July 27, 2021, 09:18:26 am »
Makes sense, since a lot of them won't have jobs which allow them to work from home.
Or are at university or in senior school (should have read 15-24…apologies)

Huge numbers really
W

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60674 on: July 27, 2021, 09:57:30 am »

Swimmer Tom Dean has just won Gold at the Olympics and had it twice in 2020

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/57979697

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60675 on: July 27, 2021, 10:44:51 am »
I think a lot (or most or all) of these more visible contrarians have deep psychological issues. Ivor Cummins and Peers Corbyn immediately spring to mind.

Not so sure about 'deep'.
More they've got it wrong, gone down the rabbit hole, but have the platform to spout their beliefs. 
And that's just it, it's beliefs, in the face of science.
Any more disturbed perhaps than a preacher, whose God doesn't exist in the face of science.?

I'm not disputing the harm they are doing, but I don't think people need to be that far from 'normal' for some to behave in this way.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60676 on: July 27, 2021, 11:21:04 am »
Not so sure about 'deep'.
More they've got it wrong, gone down the rabbit hole, but have the platform to spout their beliefs. 
And that's just it, it's beliefs, in the face of science.
Any more disturbed perhaps than a preacher, whose God doesn't exist in the face of science.?

I'm not disputing the harm they are doing, but I don't think people need to be that far from 'normal' for some to behave in this way.
I'd say you are correct about the majority of 'followers' of these people. But those who 'lead' them are either deeply delusional (they actually believe the nonsense the espouse); or they know full well that it is bollocks, but need the adulation/fawning from those they lead. They are probably sociopaths or psychopaths. They do not care about the damage they cause. I would guess that they feel totally inadequate or failures at life, and the adulation makes them feel validated and successful. There are probably others here who could better describe the psychological make up of these people than me - I don't even have A-level psychology! :D Though, I have had cause to deal with a number of deeply disturbed people through my online activities. It is the grandiosity which invariably stands out with these people. They will never turn down an opportunity to reach the public. The Internet has been a godsend for them.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60677 on: July 27, 2021, 11:37:40 am »
I'd say you are correct about the majority of 'followers' of these people. But those who 'lead' them are either deeply delusional (they actually believe the nonsense the espouse); or they know full well that it is bollocks, but need the adulation/fawning from those they lead. They are probably sociopaths or psychopaths. They do not care about the damage they cause. I would guess that they feel totally inadequate or failures at life, and the adulation makes them feel validated and successful. There are probably others here who could better describe the psychological make up of these people than me - I don't even have A-level psychology! :D Though, I have had cause to deal with a number of deeply disturbed people through my online activities. It is the grandiosity which invariably stands out with these people. They will never turn down an opportunity to reach the public. The Internet has been a godsend for them.

Don't they believe it's us causing the damage though? I am sure there are some out there that are purely in it for the money and don't care what harm it causes. Your Trump types.  But some are more like , say the Jehovas witness types that would prevent a blood transfusion as it will stop them going to heaven (*).  They genuinely believe they are preventing us doing harm.

(* might well be taking the stereotype belief here, but you get the idea)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #60678 on: July 27, 2021, 12:17:13 pm »

I personally know 6 people that have had it before and have had it again.

They are all a bit ill - or quite ill - but not hospital ill - all double jabbed.

All of them seemingly got it off their kids (I don't include the kids and then other kids infected - otherwise it would be 5 more people)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #60679 on: July 27, 2021, 12:40:53 pm »
I had it twice - 1 year gap - first time I was sick for a month (had a nonstop cough for 2 weeks that led to pneumonia). Second time I was sick for 2 weeks with just general fatigue and exhaustion. First time was dreadful though, I didn't sleep for 2 weeks due to that cough.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England