Author Topic: Brighton & Hove Albion.  (Read 21676 times)

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Brighton & Hove Albion.
« Reply #120 on: April 3, 2022, 09:49:28 am »
Origi would do a more than decent job for them.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #121 on: April 3, 2022, 09:51:22 am »
Origi would do a more than decent job for them.
Agree with that, he’d hold the ball up better and offer a more direct threat than anyone they’ve got. Looks like he’s off to Milan but they’d be top half with a better striker.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #122 on: April 3, 2022, 10:26:09 am »
Agree with that, he’d hold the ball up better and offer a more direct threat than anyone they’ve got. Looks like he’s off to Milan but they’d be top half with a better striker.

Although Origi has popped up with massive goals he's never been a goalscorer per se. 64 in 306 games in club football and 3 in 32 for Belgium. When he played in France and Germany he wasn't scoring many.

Even Welbeck at Brighton, who you tend to think of as a hold up player and a striker that doesn't score goals, has scored 81 in 367 in club football and 16 in 42 for England.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: April 3, 2022, 12:12:15 pm »
Although Origi has popped up with massive goals he's never been a goalscorer per se. 64 in 306 games in club football and 3 in 32 for Belgium. When he played in France and Germany he wasn't scoring many.

Even Welbeck at Brighton, who you tend to think of as a hold up player and a striker that doesn't score goals, has scored 81 in 367 in club football and 16 in 42 for England.
Difficult to know whether Origi is a goalscorer or not - when you break down the numbers the only times he’s been a consistent starter were for Lille as a teenager and for us in 2016/17 when he got 10 goals as a 21 year old. Since then, the appearances have largely been limited minutes from the bench or sporadic starts when on loan. I’m not saying I disagree, I’m saying it’s hard to say one way or another; is he not a goalscoring forward because he’s always on the bench, or is he always on the bench because he’s not a goalscorer?

When you break down his goals into minutes on the pitch it’s far more favourable; he averages a goal once every 2 full games across the past 5 years. That’s slightly reductive in scope but maybe suggests he’s a better option than his totals suggest. He’ll always be a bit of an unknowable for me; unplayable at times, fairly disinterested at others. I think at the right club in the right system he gets you 15+ league goals.

Mad he’s only 26 still. Deserves to play his prime years for a decent team as one of their stars. I’ll always have a massive soft spot for Div.

I’ve gone slightly off topic here!
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #124 on: April 3, 2022, 12:16:07 pm »
Difficult to know whether Origi is a goalscorer or not - when you break down the numbers the only times he’s been a consistent starter were for Lille as a teenager and for us in 2016/17 when he got 10 goals as a 21 year old. Since then, the appearances have largely been limited minutes from the bench or sporadic starts when on loan. I’m not saying I disagree, I’m saying it’s hard to say one way or another; is he not a goalscoring forward because he’s always on the bench, or is he always on the bench because he’s not a goalscorer?

When you break down his goals into minutes on the pitch it’s far more favourable; he averages a goal once every 2 full games across the past 5 years. That’s slightly reductive in scope but maybe suggests he’s a better option than his totals suggest. He’ll always be a bit of an unknowable for me; unplayable at times, fairly disinterested at others. I think at the right club in the right system he gets you 15+ league goals.

Mad he’s only 26 still. Deserves to play his prime years for a decent team as one of their stars. I’ll always have a massive soft spot for Div.

I’ve gone slightly off topic here!

I think he needs the big stage so Milan could be the right move, especially with how Serie A is quite poor and a striker's paradise.

You saw it last season with empty grounds he just couldn't get up for it and has been effective again this season. At a club like Brighton you could see him going through the motions like he did at Wolfsburg and for a time at Lille.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: April 3, 2022, 04:18:05 pm »
I think he needs the big stage so Milan could be the right move, especially with how Serie A is quite poor and a striker's paradise.

You saw it last season with empty grounds he just couldn't get up for it and has been effective again this season. At a club like Brighton you could see him going through the motions like he did at Wolfsburg and for a time at Lille.
Agreed. Milan certainly suits him better and if he can find a home there he’ll be great - Serie A has slowly transformed into the highest scoring league in Europe and some fairly limited forwards have scored big numbers there in recent years - Immobile, Zapata, Simeone, Caputo, Destro etc.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #126 on: April 4, 2022, 02:45:42 pm »
538 has them basically even with West Ham this week, the week before West Ham was ranked better. We’re talking about the 30th best team in the world according to the model. If that’s what you want to point out as an issue then maybe it’s not the stats that are an issue.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #127 on: April 16, 2022, 08:30:28 pm »
They've hit form at just the right time. City away next, hopefully they can sneak a point.

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #128 on: April 16, 2022, 09:02:50 pm »
They've hit form at just the right time. City away next, hopefully they can sneak a point.

They don't do form

They're a team that's easy on the eye and tries to play good football, that's all, sometimes it works and other times they get bummed, a lot depends whether they convert their chances or not and if their keeper feels like chucking one or two in, if their best chances against city fall to Maupay then they need to create a lot as he's fucking shite

That's more or less it, obviously the tin foil hats and coward shouts will be out on here in full force when they fail to get anything next week

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: April 16, 2022, 09:21:22 pm »
They don't do form

They're a team that's easy on the eye and tries to play good football, that's all, sometimes it works and other times they get bummed, a lot depends whether they convert their chances or not and if their keeper feels like chucking one or two in, if their best chances against city fall to Maupay then they need to create a lot as he's fucking shite

That's more or less it, obviously the tin foil hats and coward shouts will be out on here in full force when they fail to get anything next week

It is interesting that Maupay has spent both of their last games against Arsenal and Tottenhem on the bench. Potter has used MacAllister, Welbeck, Trossard and Mwepu upfront, but not Maupay ...

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: April 16, 2022, 09:52:55 pm »
Hopefully Bissouma runs midfield on Wednesday but they are an odd side
Apparently Spurs did nothing against them today.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: April 16, 2022, 10:15:33 pm »

I watched the game, and Brighton completely controlled it ...

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: April 16, 2022, 10:27:45 pm »

They are an average side with a very good coach.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: April 16, 2022, 10:32:35 pm »
Brighton control a lot of games, but 29 goals scored at this stage is horrendous, yes they're perfectly safe, but that's in the bottom 3 for goals scored (or thereabouts).

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: April 16, 2022, 10:42:39 pm »
Brighton control a lot of games, but 29 goals scored at this stage is horrendous, yes they're perfectly safe, but that's in the bottom 3 for goals scored (or thereabouts).

They don't concede much, either. 37 goals in 32 games makes their defence 5th in the league. I can definitely see them going for a quality finisher this summer ...

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: April 16, 2022, 10:44:11 pm »

Suspended, unfortunately.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #136 on: April 16, 2022, 10:44:42 pm »

Bissouma picked up his 10th booking of the season today and will be suspended for the City game ::)
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: April 16, 2022, 10:58:04 pm »
Bissouma picked up his 10th booking of the season today and will be suspended for the City game ::)

Shame, because he is their best midfielder ...

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: April 16, 2022, 11:57:33 pm »
Missed last year too didn't he. They're a bit jammy on that front aren't they

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #139 on: September 18, 2022, 08:37:05 pm »
Appointing Di Zerbi as the new manager. Expectedly unexpected.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Perseus

• Anny Roader
« Reply #140 on: September 19, 2022, 11:14:48 am »
Appointing Di Zerbi as the new manager. Expectedly unexpected.

Astonishing move. I misread the signs.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: September 19, 2022, 12:14:03 pm »
De Zerbi has been rated as among the best young Italian managers for a while now, was namechecked by Sarri years back, was posted about in the Serie A thread, so it's not that hipster. Not like they picked a guy fresh out of Coverciano.

What he brings to a team has to go with his career choices to make the most out of his potential, Brighton seem a good step, interesting move.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: September 19, 2022, 01:18:39 pm »
De Zerbi is an interesting pick up. Great young coach with a track record of improving young players and playing attractive football. Interesting to see how he goes in a totally new setting though.

I was certain they’d get Bo Svensson but it seems to have it transpired; he could be the next Dortmund coach or Bayern if they don’t go to Tuchel.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: September 20, 2022, 05:09:37 pm »
Typical xenophobic crap from Souness earlier about the new guy "not knowing the league". I remember all the pundits saying that when Pochettino went to Southampton.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #144 on: September 20, 2022, 05:13:49 pm »
Typical xenophobic crap from Souness earlier about the new guy "not knowing the league". I remember all the pundits saying that when Pochettino went to Southampton.

Stolen from twitter:

The club appointments of Mr. Ferguson, Arsene Wenger, Jose Mourinho, Carlo Ancelotti, Roberto Mancini, Antonio Conte, Manuel Pellegrini, Pep Guardiola and Jurgen Klopp (9 of the last 10 PL winning managers) were all their first jobs in English football. "Our game."

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: October 10, 2022, 09:56:00 am »
Fucking hell - Mwepu has been forced to retire because of a heart condition.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2846943/enock-mwepu-medical-update

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #146 on: October 10, 2022, 09:59:31 am »
What a shame for the lad, looked a really good player too :(
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: October 10, 2022, 10:21:59 am »
Jeez. At least he was able to get out without something really bad happening.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: October 10, 2022, 12:27:49 pm »
Bit worrying that this wasn't picked up earlier with the amount of tests that are carried out on footballers.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #149 on: October 10, 2022, 12:30:07 pm »
Bit worrying that this wasn't picked up earlier with the amount of tests that are carried out on footballers.

Apparently it only manifested itself late hence being discovered now.

Bad news for the lad and hopes he can have a long and happy life.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: October 10, 2022, 12:37:02 pm »
A real shame for the lad but on the other hand his condition's a serious one so the possible other alternative's much worse.

Live long and prosper Enock.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #151 on: October 10, 2022, 12:42:45 pm »
That's a shame. Good luck to him in his future endeavours

Even more surprising given his issue is hereditary. That said, I'd be curious as to how many PL medicals involve MRIs of the heart. You'd find more issues, but would need access to specific technology and such tests take additional time. Also all the illiterate anti-vax twats commenting on this on social media can get to fuck :wanker

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #152 on: October 10, 2022, 02:06:34 pm »
Poor lad…. 

Better to find out this way though I guess
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #153 on: October 10, 2022, 03:04:09 pm »
That's a shame. Good luck to him in his future endeavours

Even more surprising given his issue is hereditary. That said, I'd be curious as to how many PL medicals involve MRIs of the heart. You'd find more issues, but would need access to specific technology and such tests take additional time. Also all the illiterate anti-vax twats commenting on this on social media can get to fuck :wanker

Sounds like a cardiomyopathy (as opposed to an inherited arrhythmia condition which could be picked up by ECG, exercise tests etc). MRIs are the best way to detect these, but often we don't detect any changes until later in life. So could be negative when he is a teenager for example, but then start to manifest in his 20s. Not sure if they are routinely done for PL footballers though.

There is potentially a detectable genetic cause as well of course (perhaps in 30-40% of cases depending on the sub-type). But going down that avenue throws up a whole lot more potential false positives and uncertainties.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: January 15, 2023, 05:46:14 pm »
Reading that Mwepu has been rushed to hospital after collapsing and suffering a suspected heart attack  :(

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: January 16, 2023, 07:09:04 am »
^ Gosh, hope he recovers.  :(

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #156 on: January 21, 2023, 11:09:09 pm »
Just saw the Ferguson goal, amazing movement. He looks like he has a bright future, such a unit for his age.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: January 21, 2023, 11:10:23 pm »
Just saw the Ferguson goal, amazing movement. He looks like he has a bright future, such a unit for his age.

Yep he looks a really good player. Some team they have at the moment. No doubt they will hammer us next week.

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: January 21, 2023, 11:34:23 pm »
Did I read earlier their entire team that beat us actually make that embarrassed us, cost a total of 31 million
Crazy if true

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: January 21, 2023, 11:41:06 pm »
Mitoma is a brilliant winger