Author Topic: Local lower leagues..  (Read 3564 times)

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Re: Local lower leagues..
« Reply #40 on: May 1, 2024, 12:25:26 pm »
I think the South are in the play offs. Haven't been for a month so they might of played already.

Just posted about it on the general football thread. They beat Ashton Town 3-1 on penalties to get promotion  :champ
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: May 1, 2024, 03:44:37 pm »
Big weekend ahead for local football in the area ...

Marine go to Macclesfield in the NPL play off final, winner advances to the National League North which I think is step 6 on the ladder.

Prescot Cables vs City of Liverpool decides who will go up to step 7 in their play off final. Prescot beat Bootle to get there while City of won their semi against Runcorn, all four sides being relatively local. Not even sure any of those sides have ever gone so high, Marine included.

I remember them in an higher league think it was something like North West Counties , when known as Prescot Town

I also remember Tony Hateley playing  for them at the back end of his career

They Also reached the 1st round of the FA Cup in  1957 & 1959

Hartlepools United   5–0   Prescot Cables   16 November 1957

1959 report

https://roymcdonald.wixsite.com/blog/post/cables-quake-at-feethams
« Last Edit: May 1, 2024, 03:49:10 pm by Boston Bosox »

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #42 on: May 1, 2024, 09:17:19 pm »
Big weekend ahead for local football in the area ...

Marine go to Macclesfield in the NPL play off final, winner advances to the National League North which I think is step 6 on the ladder.

Prescot Cables vs City of Liverpool decides who will go up to step 7 in their play off final. Prescot beat Bootle to get there while City of won their semi against Runcorn, all four sides being relatively local. Not even sure any of those sides have ever gone so high, Marine included.

Mate has a ST at Cables, said they’ve sold 1400 tickets in 17 minutes for Saturday’s game against CoL. I’ve been a few times, good afternoon out.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: May 1, 2024, 09:20:44 pm »
600 Tickets available to purchase at the Turnstiles on a first come first serve basis. Gates will close if/when we reach capacity of 2,100.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #44 on: May 1, 2024, 09:24:14 pm »
Mate has a ST at Cables, said they’ve sold 1400 tickets in 17 minutes for Saturday’s game against CoL. I’ve been a few times, good afternoon out.

Nice little ground Prescot and a good clubhouse. A proper old school non league ground.

I wish we had similar non league grounds in the city, rather than just the cages at Lower Breck and South Liverpool and the nomadic City of Liverpool who are having to groundshare out the county at the moment.

Premier League going the way it is, there's definitely a call for non league football in the area and teams in the area doing well. South Liverpool promoted, Marine, Prescot and City of Liverpool all in the play off final.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #45 on: May 1, 2024, 09:27:10 pm »
Any recommendations for lower/non-league footy on the Wirral? There's Tranmere of course but they don't particularly appeal. Marine/AFC Liverpool is definitely worth a trip but it's definitely a day trip and all the associated cost/planning that requires with young kids.

Vauhall Motors have a smart ground, play near Ellesmere Port. Good facility.

You've got Ashville (Wallasey Village) and Cammell Laird (Rock Ferry) also in the NWCFL.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #46 on: May 1, 2024, 10:21:56 pm »
Just posted about it on the general football thread. They beat Ashton Town 3-1 on penalties to get promotion  :champ

Is right. My last game was when they played them last month and the South lost 1 - 0 to a late goal. ' Mon the South.

They'll be playing Everton soon.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .