Author Topic: a question for one of the mods  (Read 133594 times)

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Re: a question for one of the mods
« Reply #920 on: January 28, 2024, 10:46:42 pm »
The point is that Klopp decided to leave in November. Hence my point about the timing of the announcement.
I even clarified the point in posts that were deleted.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #921 on: January 28, 2024, 11:12:01 pm »
why is the Klopp leaving thread closed?

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #922 on: January 28, 2024, 11:21:56 pm »

I think it was being cleaned up because someone posted an article about Klopp from the Spectator. If so, it’s good to know that the staff on here don’t tolerate any mention of that rag.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #923 on: January 28, 2024, 11:25:43 pm »
I think it was being cleaned up because someone posted an article about Klopp from the Spectator. If so, it’s good to know that the staff on here don’t tolerate any mention of that rag.
yeah that was it.  John C's just opened it up again.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #924 on: January 28, 2024, 11:33:32 pm »
The article was an unacceptable, vituperative, acerbic pile of shite which should never have been posted on this site mate and is never to be mentioned again.
Fuck the c*nts.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #925 on: January 28, 2024, 11:53:12 pm »
The article was an unacceptable, vituperative, acerbic pile of shite which should never have been posted on this site mate and is never to be mentioned again.
Fuck the c*nts.
:thumbup :thumbup

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #926 on: January 29, 2024, 09:57:39 am »
How this is allowed, and people still don't know what are and aren't, acceptable sources to be submitted as credible journalism, on these boards, is a worry.

Perhaps an update of the locked 'credible sources' thread in the main forum and a site wide link message to all, to the thread, may go some way to educate a forum, that considers itself educated.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #927 on: January 29, 2024, 12:52:22 pm »
How this is allowed, and people still don't know what are and aren't, acceptable sources to be submitted as credible journalism, on these boards, is a worry.

Perhaps an update of the locked 'credible sources' thread in the main forum and a site wide link message to all, to the thread, may go some way to educate a forum, that considers itself educated.

It may be that more recent younger posters weren’t around when Johnson published Heffer’s original piece of shite in the Spectaror, only to be followed up by Johnson’s own snide ‘apology ‘ in a later edition.

Even the Daily Mail wouldn’t publish that utter garbage that was posted on here - mind you I only read a few lines and made my excuses and left.

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #928 on: January 29, 2024, 01:05:37 pm »
Be great if you could report stuff like that in future folks. I was online I think but I was just back from the match and didn't even notice it had been posted until this morning when I saw John had cleaned it all up. Really helps us deal with stuff like that sooner if it's flagged to us. We can't read every post.

Cheers.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #929 on: January 29, 2024, 01:59:23 pm »
I’d suggest being proactive, rather than reactive.

It’s your ball.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #930 on: January 29, 2024, 03:03:40 pm »
I’d suggest being proactive, rather than reactive.

It’s your ball.
Hello mate  :wave
We've starred (*) one of the threads requiring posters to think about what they are saying. But that shouldn't be needed, RAWK has always had a philosophy of self-moderation and we'd have expected that to have been exercised by the poster.
It's difficult for us to be more proactive because although there is enough Mods around, some of us were at the match, have lives to live and indeed don't scrutinise every thread in detail. Generally the report button is used to capture such crap.

And for the other posters reading, the report button is for offensive and unacceptable posts, not opinions you disagree with.

Peace & love. YNWA. UTR.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #931 on: January 29, 2024, 06:08:44 pm »
John, you know me, I'm generally not arsed, but its an awful lot of work for you(or others) If you've got to sift through things to sanitise or remove, if people don't know what is or isn't acceptable.

That token gesture thread(which it appears to be) the 'approved sources' thread, that's locked, that's not been updated in 4 years and, lets be honest mate, who even notices it when they are on their own private internet warpath? ..... It sits there doing nothing.... so if its not relevant (refuses to put mods name in here as agag ;D) and people, especially new comers aren't pointed to it - what is the point?

As I say - Its your ball mate, and I'm not going to labour the point  - but its not making sense to me, to not give people some guidance and advice. Ditch the thread if you are not going to, is what I would say.

Anyway, fuck off, I cant stand non of ye!  I'm not arsed ;D

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #932 on: January 29, 2024, 09:57:59 pm »
Have some Nutella on toast and an early night and you'll feel grand in the morning mate  :D

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #933 on: February 2, 2024, 05:04:20 pm »
Doesn't seem to be an option to add a poll on the LFC forum. Is this deliberate?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #934 on: February 2, 2024, 07:04:56 pm »
Doesn't seem to be an option to add a poll on the LFC forum. Is this deliberate?

Andy From Allerton has used up all the polls in the current financial year.

Please reapply from the 1st April. ;D

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #935 on: February 3, 2024, 10:08:27 am »
Seems so, it's not there for me either.
I seem to recall a similar discussion a long time ago mate.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #936 on: February 3, 2024, 10:49:59 am »
The feature was removed so people with a shit memory, couldn’t create them and then forget about them.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #937 on: February 3, 2024, 11:47:46 am »
Seems so, it's not there for me either.
I seem to recall a similar discussion a long time ago mate.

I was going to put a poll for the 1000th Klopp goal. I'll just delcare myself the winner to save any hassle  :D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #938 on: February 3, 2024, 12:53:27 pm »
I was going to put a poll for the 1000th Klopp goal. I'll just delcare myself the winner to save any hassle  :D
Your daughter probably would have won actually :D

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #939 on: February 3, 2024, 05:03:10 pm »
I can add a poll in there because I'm special 🤭 but if you make it somewhere else we can move it in there.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #940 on: February 10, 2024, 09:19:07 am »
The mourning of departed reds, thread in the boozer, can this be moved to the main football forum?

Us fans are the lifeblood of this club and also this forum and I think the main forum is a more befitting place for it to reside. They and we, are the foot soldiers.

Not sure why I put it in the boozer in the first place 🤷‍♂️

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #941 on: February 10, 2024, 10:43:19 am »
Done mate.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #942 on: February 10, 2024, 08:52:36 pm »
Can any mod get Andy to do a poll in the main forum on who we'd like as the next LFC manager?  :D

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #943 on: February 10, 2024, 09:33:51 pm »
Can any mod get Andy to do a poll in the main forum on who we'd like as the next LFC manager?  :D
Samie - dur! Andy has been the match and as usual he'll appear abar half one in the morning.
He's probably still trying to find me to buy him another pint to be honest.

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Round the Fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #944 on: February 21, 2024, 03:04:57 pm »
could we get the ability to like a post in the future? Might be easier than always replying thanks to people!
Round the Fields of Anfield Road

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #945 on: February 21, 2024, 11:10:53 pm »
could we get the ability to like a post in the future? Might be easier than always replying thanks to people!
Hello mate, it's something that's been requested frequently but it was decided a while ago it won't be getting introduced.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #946 on: February 22, 2024, 01:13:16 am »

I agree, well said. :thumbup

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #947 on: February 22, 2024, 01:16:24 am »
I agree, well said. :thumbup
good post chopper.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #948 on: February 22, 2024, 01:18:30 am »
Hello mate, it's something that's been requested frequently but it was decided a while ago it won't be getting introduced.
what was the reasoning John? I think it would be a huge improvement to be honest.

I imagine it's a non-trivial sw modification but I seem to recall (could be completely wrong!) that it was more a "we don't want to be like other sites" thing?

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #949 on: February 22, 2024, 12:44:31 pm »
Now I understand the reason why the Labour thread has been locked and even why some post have been deleted (including my own for straying off topic ) but Brynees disgraceful edit of Nobbys post which he falsely quoted him as saying "I forgot Israel deserved it didn't they " Is still there for all to see...

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #950 on: February 22, 2024, 01:36:19 pm »

*Like*
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #951 on: March 3, 2024, 06:18:52 pm »
Just noticed there are two Forest threads in the General forum at the moment
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #952 on: March 3, 2024, 06:32:47 pm »
Just noticed there are two Forest threads in the General forum at the moment

Can’t see the wood for the trees.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #953 on: March 3, 2024, 10:56:50 pm »
Merged them.
You've no idea how many duplicate threads there are for various subjects.

I've done loads of relevant merging in recent years :)

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #954 on: March 3, 2024, 11:09:19 pm »
Merged them.
You've no idea how many duplicate threads there are for various subjects.

I've done loads of relevant merging in recent years :)

A sort of digital deforesting?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #955 on: March 4, 2024, 11:08:24 am »
Do we still need the corruption fallacy thread on the main board?

It adds nothing of value (especially when compared to the rational OP) and is mainly just bickering about the media and conspiracies.

We have the VAR & Ref thread in General Sport and there's a ton of crossover there anyway, feel like the same conversation in the wake of the Forest game was being had in about 5 threads.
:D

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #956 on: March 4, 2024, 02:14:29 pm »
Do we still need the corruption fallacy thread on the main board?

It adds nothing of value (especially when compared to the rational OP) and is mainly just bickering about the media and conspiracies.

We have the VAR & Ref thread in General Sport and there's a ton of crossover there anyway, feel like the same conversation in the wake of the Forest game was being had in about 5 threads.
Hi mate, I think they are two separate subjects to be honest it's just that posters don't use them appropriately.
The conspiracy thread is about other clubs, fans, refs, media etc supposedly with a bias against us while the VAR/Ref thread is about all officiating decisions across football in general.

You're right that there is a duplication, we had a Ref Watch thread which could be merged with the VAR thread, albeit they are even two separate discussions if used correctly.
One is about Refs and one is about the VAR system.
It's hard to get posters to use threads correctly without us having to constantly delete, delete, delete.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #957 on: March 4, 2024, 06:45:26 pm »
I think years ago when you recieved a PM a notification would appear in your email
Is this no longer the case?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #958 on: March 4, 2024, 07:37:28 pm »
I think years ago when you recieved a PM a notification would appear in your email
Is this no longer the case?

Still get an email when I get a PM, way to ensure in your Rock account...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #959 on: March 4, 2024, 07:44:03 pm »
Still get an email when I get a PM, way to ensure in your Rock account...

cheers Kid.  I dont, however thats not my issue  :thumbup
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.