Author Topic: Jordan Henderson-Officially a Liverpool player- Discussion  (Read 267717 times)

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Get Behind Brendan Rodgers
Re: Jordan Henderson-Officially a Liverpool player.
« Reply #560 on: June 12, 2011, 10:28:42 pm »
Last I heard he cost £13m (didn't believe that one though....)

Can't judge midfield players when the team is set up for diagonal long balls into the channel.....

I can't believe that England are still playing this way....still... 20 years after it was obselete and they are still hoofing it..against Spain ......

And it was clearly a tactic....

This was an utterly shit way to play football, no wonder clubs want to stop players going to tournaments like this...terrible set up.

The FA released some two touch training video of the under 21's.

Must have been some sort of rope-a-dope effort because whatever that performance was it was far from one and two touch football.
From here on in its all FSG's doing. Good or bad they will stand or fall by the decisions they have made in the summer of 2012. Lets hope they have gotten it right.

Offline PETERC1992

• Anny Roader
« Reply #561 on: June 12, 2011, 10:35:22 pm »
Absolute shite,20 million? And he cant even pass forward.At least lucas can pass sideways..Welbeck on the other hand,theres a player we should be going for.

yet again we get the bad end of the stick over fergie.He has all the talented players

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #562 on: June 12, 2011, 10:38:22 pm »
Absolute shite,20 million? And he cant even pass forward.At least lucas can pass sideways..Welbeck on the other hand,theres a player we should be going for.

yet again we get the bad end of the stick over Mr Alex Ferguson.He has all the talented players

Are you fucking kidding me?

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #563 on: June 12, 2011, 10:38:52 pm »

yet again we get the bad end of the stick over Mr Alex Ferguson.He has all the talented players

Rod or trawler?
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #564 on: June 12, 2011, 10:41:05 pm »

WUM.

Anyway, here's our new boy in the match against England tonight.

Played some lovely forward balls over the top in the first half an hour but then I turned it off so don't know how to got on the rest of it! ;D

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/photos-jordan-v-spain-u21s

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #565 on: June 12, 2011, 10:41:11 pm »

Did he set his own price tag?
Why don't you fuck off politely go and support Utd then?
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline PETERC1992

• Anny Roader
« Reply #566 on: June 12, 2011, 10:43:07 pm »

yes.Im just trying to follow the trend int he thread

Offline duckym

• Kemlynite
« Reply #567 on: June 12, 2011, 10:43:09 pm »

I think he prefers to be called welbz judging by his boots...  Right bel end!!
Howay man nee ones that fxxcking bi polar, not even kerry katona!

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #568 on: June 12, 2011, 10:43:47 pm »
yes.Im just trying to follow the trend int he thread

Thank God.

Offline ade

• Main Stander
  • JFT96
« Reply #569 on: June 12, 2011, 10:47:07 pm »
Thought he did ok for England tonight, some good stuff, some not so good stuff but he didnt hide and kept looking for the ball so all in all i am feeling quite positive about his move to us and wish him all the best.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Atho44

• Main Stander
  • Bow in the presence of the King. King Kenny.
« Reply #570 on: June 12, 2011, 10:51:47 pm »
I think he was by passed in the centre of the park today, seemed to be allot of hoofing. However in the opening 10 minutes when England had some decent possession and played it along the ground he looked composed and calm, also played a nice ball to Welbeck who didn't control well. Oh well I reserve my judgement till I see him in a red shirt, because playing for England never seems to get the best out of players for whatever reason. But all in all decent when he had possession, I'd hope he played in a more advanced role for us though.
My Twitter - @Andy_Atherton1

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #571 on: June 12, 2011, 10:52:27 pm »
He finds space well. Shame most of the balls coming out the England defence were about 20 feet off the floor.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #572 on: June 12, 2011, 10:52:31 pm »
This almost as cringeworthy bad as the match threads way too many fisherman here so I am out!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!

Offline yodawg21

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #573 on: June 12, 2011, 10:56:44 pm »
Absolute waste of money for me. Probably could of gotten Barry for £6m, proven and better.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #574 on: June 12, 2011, 10:58:09 pm »
Absolute waste of money for me. Probably could of gotten Barry for £6m, proven and better.

go back to cafe rouge
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: June 12, 2011, 10:58:33 pm »

:boring

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #576 on: June 12, 2011, 10:59:05 pm »

Where are all these quims coming from?

(inb4 "Manchester")

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #577 on: June 12, 2011, 11:01:38 pm »

The FA released some two touch training video of the under 21's.

Must have been some sort of rope-a-dope effort because whatever that performance was it was far from one and two touch football.

You are talking shit.....England played two touch the entire match........

One touch from the keeper the centre back and a second touch from the centre back to the statsophere that is ;)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #578 on: June 12, 2011, 11:01:49 pm »

(inb4 "Manchester")

Lancashire.

;)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #579 on: June 12, 2011, 11:02:02 pm »

(inb4 "Manchester")
Surrey.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline The Portuguese Kopite

• 16? Yes. Naive? Maybe. Man enough to apologise when he's been a tool? Definitely. Megalolz.
  • Kopite
  • An American-Portuguese English football fan.
« Reply #580 on: June 12, 2011, 11:02:17 pm »

1) Your judging a player on one game against one of the best teams in the tournament where they were playing shite tactics that didn't suit him at all.

2) "the bad end of the stick over Mr Alex Ferguson.He has all the talented players" - Why are you even on this forum? Why don't you just go on over to the Manure forum and write about how "talented" their players are?

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #581 on: June 12, 2011, 11:02:51 pm »

Offline JasbinderX

• Rashid? Is that you Rashid? Doesn't understand football
  • Kopite
« Reply #582 on: June 12, 2011, 11:03:30 pm »
I'm not judging him on this one game, i've seen him at the Stadium of Light for most part of the season. He's been woefull for them this season after his England cap.

When the boo boys got on his back towards the nigh end of the season, you can see how the pressure got to him, and he retreated to side passes and hiding. The fact there didn't seem to be any bidding war, or Steve Bruce going on his horse about it to get a few more million tells it all, they were greatfull to get some good money for him.

If we have a decent budget, then by no means it's no harm done. But if we miss out on some star quality because we can't afford to pay a few extra million, most will look back at this transfer as something that we didn't really need, when there are other areas of the team that need massive work.

That's not to say Henderson, isn't a decent player, or will not improve. It's just he is very similar to players we already have, other areas should have been reinforced more urgently, and then price tag is ridiculous to pay that much for potential.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 11:05:01 pm by JasbinderX »

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #583 on: June 12, 2011, 11:04:16 pm »
I was impressed. There was a few instances where you could tell he was frustrated with the movement ahead of him and I liked that it was noticeable.

Maybe its just me but I can see him playing the same sort of game beside Lucas and look brilliant?

Offline The Portuguese Kopite

• 16? Yes. Naive? Maybe. Man enough to apologise when he's been a tool? Definitely. Megalolz.
  • Kopite
  • An American-Portuguese English football fan.
« Reply #584 on: June 12, 2011, 11:05:50 pm »
I'm not judging him on this one game, i've seen him at the Stadium of Light for most part of the season. He's been woefull for them this season after his England cap.

When the boo boys got on his back towards the nigh end of the season, you can see how the pressure got to him, and he retreated to side passes and hiding. The fact there didn't seem to be any bidding war, or Steve Bruce going on his horse about it to get a few more million tells it all, they were greatfull to get some good money for him.

If we have a decent budget, then by no means it's no harm done. But if we miss out on some star quality because we can't afford to pay a few extra million, most will look back at this transfer as something that we didn't really need, when there are other areas of the team that need massive work.

That's not to say Henderson, isn't a decent player, or will not improve. It's just he is very similar to Lucas, and the price tag is ridiculous.

How about this: let's wait until we see what he does for us this season in our system, under Kenny's management. I would think Kenny and Comolli would know a bit more about how he'll fit into the club, what his real potential is, and how to bring him up as a good player.

Offline JasbinderX

• Kopite
« Reply #585 on: June 12, 2011, 11:08:53 pm »
How about this: let's wait until we see what he does for us this season in our system, under Kenny's management. I would think Kenny and Comolli would know a bit more about how he'll fit into the club, what his real potential is, and how to bring him up as a good player.

So does that mean we can't comment or relay feelings in what Damien and Kenny do? The same Damien who wasted nigh on 20 million on David Bentley, ludicrously overspent on Carroll.

But anyways i've stated my opinion, i've seen more of Henderson last season than probably alot of you here. Head to a Sunderland board, to see what they think of him. He doesn't really recieve any glowing reviews out there.

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
  • Kelly's lover (not really)
« Reply #586 on: June 12, 2011, 11:09:07 pm »
Like I said, judge him in a Liverpool shirt... circumstances will be different.

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #587 on: June 12, 2011, 11:10:32 pm »
When the boo boys got on his back towards the nigh end of the season, you can see how the pressure got to him, and he retreated to side passes and hiding.

What's your bloody obsession with sideways passing? 80% of Xavi's passes are sideways or back. He is also currently the best central midfielder in the world.

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #588 on: June 12, 2011, 11:11:37 pm »
What's your bloody obsession with sideways passing? 80% of Xavi's passes are sideways or back. He is also currently the best central midfielder in the world.

Gerr it fackin forward.
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #589 on: June 12, 2011, 11:12:15 pm »
So does that mean we can't comment or relay feelings in what Damien and Kenny do? The same Damien who wasted nigh on 20 million on David Bentley, ludicrously overspent on Carroll.

But anyways i've stated my opinion, i've seen more of Henderson last season than probably alot of you here. Head to a Sunderland board, to see what they think of him. He doesn't really recieve any glowing reviews out there.

Look at me everyone. Everyone look at me.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #590 on: June 12, 2011, 11:13:37 pm »

You are here for your comedy value or is it care in the community!

Not being funny but not only do Kenny and Comolli know more than you , you started slagging him off after 45 minutes tonight so by the middle of next season you will be really pissed off I reckon!

Offline SpionBob

• I have a signed Kenny Dalglish shirt on my wall-is that a bit gay?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • WITH JURGEN kLOPP WE WON IT 6 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #591 on: June 12, 2011, 11:13:40 pm »
Fucking bullshit!! Welbeck was shite for Preston, shite for the mackems and is just plain shite. You have to be a wum. Not you Siann but the guy you replied to.
Public enemy number one: On the RAWK watch list for offering alternative views, supporting Rafa and abusing ill informed WUMS with dubious agendas. Where's the crime in that? Victim of self-important mod with itchy finger.

Offline JasbinderX

• Kopite
« Reply #592 on: June 12, 2011, 11:14:09 pm »

Dear oh dear. Xavi doesn't get the ball, and play it back to defenders. He'll get the ball, play it quick, move forward, demand the ball, shoot, create space, play some hollywood passes when nothing else is on that will create a goal, he'll always be on the move.

Early in the career of Lucas, it drove me mad, how he'd slow the tempo down. Get the ball, play it back to defenders then just stand there in the same spot, slow the temp down, and create nothing. But to be fair to Lucas lad, he's improved a hell of alot.

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Get Behind Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #593 on: June 12, 2011, 11:14:32 pm »
From here on in its all FSG's doing. Good or bad they will stand or fall by the decisions they have made in the summer of 2012. Lets hope they have gotten it right.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #594 on: June 12, 2011, 11:19:21 pm »
There are some desperately poor comments coming in here, thought for a minute I was in the forum of just any old team not LFC.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #595 on: June 12, 2011, 11:19:37 pm »

He's 20.
W

Offline yodawg21

• Kemlynite
« Reply #596 on: June 12, 2011, 11:20:47 pm »
He's a mediocre player who barely stood out in any games at Sunderland. Why would you expect him to stand out for us? Like seriously? He's being bought as a routine player, we could of Barry or Parker to do the same role for cheaper. Sorry if the truth hurts.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #597 on: June 12, 2011, 11:22:34 pm »
I hope the mods have their big sticks out tonight.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #598 on: June 12, 2011, 11:23:43 pm »
He's a mediocre player who barely stood out in any games at Sunderland. Why would you expect him to stand out for us? Like seriously? He's being bought as a routine player, we could of Barry or Parker to do the same role for cheaper. Sorry if the truth hurts.

Barry is shite and Parker is 30.

Sorry mate but your opinion on Henderson is shite, he was one of the reasons their midfield was so good last season, got a great eye for a pass and we can get a good 5-10 years out of him if need be.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 11:25:23 pm by J-Mc- »

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #599 on: June 12, 2011, 11:24:42 pm »
Dear oh dear. Xavi doesn't get the ball, and play it back to defenders. He'll get the ball, play it quick, move forward, demand the ball, shoot, create space, play some hollywood passes when nothing else is on that will create a goal, he'll always be on the move.

Not that I've seen much of him... but wasn't that exactly what Henderson did tonight? He passed it (forward more than a lot of midfielders) then ran into space. I was very pleased by how easily he found and created space.