Author Topic: Atmosphere at Anfield  (Read 1760992 times)

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
Re: Lets Improve the Atmosphere at Anfield (split from Fortress Anfield)
« Reply #360 on: December 11, 2014, 02:43:54 pm »
How does anfield get so many tourists? Its almost impossible to get a ticket for a league game not to mention champions league. I was trying to get a basle ticket but there were further requirements of attendance. I do agree though, I'm not from the city nor the country but i have been to Anfield and always sing and makes me sick when theres people on their phones or having conversations about something other than Liverpool.

$$$

There will be so many touts selling at every game.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: December 11, 2014, 02:51:34 pm »
$$$

Just about to post the same thing!

Although please, we're in the UK  :P

£££

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #362 on: December 11, 2014, 04:52:09 pm »
was in 202...

First 10 mins was ok....last 10 mins was how it should have been. Rest of the game was just nothing really....few songs at times but nowt with any kind of passion.

It was a reactive thing on the night....seemed to me people came frustrated and were quickly hushed by a nervy display.

The rights and wrongs of how it 'should' be is another story
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: December 11, 2014, 05:03:51 pm »
How does anfield get so many tourists? Its almost impossible to get a ticket for a league game not to mention champions league. I was trying to get a basle ticket but there were further requirements of attendance. I do agree though, I'm not from the city nor the country but i have been to Anfield and always sing and makes me sick when theres people on their phones or having conversations about something other than Liverpool.

Touts + credit hunters gobbling up tickets and then selling them on to people who shouldn't be there.

Plus people like Thomas Crook.

There's nothing worse than seeing some twat retweeted onto my timeline on twitter saying how he's looking forward to his first time at Anfield and it's against Everton/United.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #364 on: December 11, 2014, 05:37:59 pm »
Make up of the crowd that goes these days.  Clueless whoopers. Half and half scarfs. Pay hand over fist for a ticket, bring in liver world bags, big fuck off cameras and taking selfies of themselves, experiencing the Anfield atmosphere, and then bitching about how the regulars aren't performing like highly trained seals for them.

The regulars are not entertained in the slightest. You can't kid the people that go week in week out. We are getting a shit sandwhich served up.  Ever increasing ticket prices.  20quid for a pie and a pint.  Bombarded with adverts all over the show.  The thing on the side of the pitch is enough to give anyone an epileptic fit. Bing bong. Over zealous stewards. George's role being watered down. Sad cos the half time tune was elvis Costello 'I'd rather be anywhere than here' I hear your George. Loud and clear.

It's all about the money. Champions league cash cow. Chase them dollars. We are customers and don't we fucking know it. And your money is as good as mine.

Still we go we pay our money and occasionally we forget all the shite that goes with going the game and get caught up with matters on the pitch.  A loose ball. And a voice in your head goes go on, dive in, fucking twat him, take the ball and man, and clatter the fucker. Low and behold, a player does it, and the crowd jump up and rejoice in the fact that one player knows the score, knows it's more than money, it's pride and passion, desire, fight.

The brief flicker from him reignited a flame in us. 

If you don't understand this I can't help you.

I get it. Completely. I can relate to everything you've said.

I just get the feeling that the enjoyment has gone from the crowd at Anfield now. Its seen as a chore or even a bad habit and not as a privilege and enjoyment of watching a game of football. There's loads of factors that are because of this, most mentioned by me and everyone in this thread at some point. Its just sad though, especially on a big European night that we're saying that we need a spark from a player who makes a tackle to kick us into life.

If we cant get up for that game and there is no flame at even that point then we all may as well give up.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 05:39:41 pm by Always_A_Red »
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #365 on: December 11, 2014, 06:15:48 pm »
I get it. Completely. I can relate to everything you've said.

I just get the feeling that the enjoyment has gone from the crowd at Anfield now. Its seen as a chore or even a bad habit and not as a privilege and enjoyment of watching a game of football. There's loads of factors that are because of this, most mentioned by me and everyone in this thread at some point. Its just sad though, especially on a big European night that we're saying that we need a spark from a player who makes a tackle to kick us into life.

If we cant get up for that game and there is no flame at even that point then we all may as well give up.

It weren't too bad last season.

There's a myriad of factors but we're paying the top prices only to see the club make every excuse for why they can't attract quality players. In any normal business we'd all take our business elsewhere as the customers we're treated as, to get value for money somewhere else at a club where they can attract quality players and even keep them. But there's loyalty with football 'customers'.

It's cost about £170 to watch the three CL games, match tickets alone to watch absolute tripe. The fans gave it their all against Ludogorets and we just about scraped it. The fans gave it their all against Madrid only to have the enthusiasm knocked out of them by an inept display against a very good side. Then the last bit of enthusiasm for the competition this season was knocked out with the team selection in Madrid and what it signified. I think after all that rather than be bang up for the game the other night the fans turned up waiting to see a response from the players and didn't get it until the last few minutes of the game.

We've made a right pigs ear of the competition this season and it's not on the fans. Hopefully the Europa will be rewarding and we can have a good go at it.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #366 on: December 11, 2014, 07:01:49 pm »
They'd have to put down the super fuck off cameras that make the press photographers blush, iPads, selfie sticks, 10 quid hot dog, liverwerld bags and rucksacks. 

;D
JFT97

Offline theshirtmyfatherwore

• Main Stander
  • we had dreams and songs to sing.
« Reply #367 on: December 11, 2014, 07:35:49 pm »
Was an appalling atmosphere  till last 10 mins on tuesday

there ws two  young brummie lasses infront of us when the jft 96 banner was unfurled by basel fans they asked and i quote "whats 96"

How are these people getting tickets ?? What the fuck are the owners selling out to i honestly have never been so annoyed after a match regarding the state of the support (not all of it but you know the ones i mean)

Its too far gone to get back unless something  is organised properly , making sure people who go together are sat together or preferably on the kop stood

Offline theshirtmyfatherwore

• Main Stander
  • we had dreams and songs to sing.
« Reply #368 on: December 11, 2014, 07:38:01 pm »

there ws two  young brummie lasses infront of us when the jft 96 banner was unfurled by basel fans they asked and i quote "whats 96"

How are these people getting tickets ?? What the fuck are the owners selling out to i honestly have never been so annoyed after a match regarding the state of the support (not all of it but you know the ones i mean)

Its too far gone to get back unless something  is organised properly , making sure people who go together are sat together or preferably on the kop stood

May i add the person they asked did handle it well could have got a right mouthful if theyd have asked other folk

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #369 on: December 11, 2014, 07:43:19 pm »

I am following a group of lads on twitter who have just set up an account to try and push this, if anyone wants to follow them they are called Boot Room 1892                 @BT1892.      :)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 08:42:30 pm by hoppyLFC »
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline AJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This time one year, we'll be the Champions again
« Reply #370 on: December 11, 2014, 08:21:02 pm »
I am following a group of lads on twitter who have just set up an account to try and push this, if anyone wants to follow them they are called Boot Room 1892                 @BT1982

@BT1892

Was sat here trying to work out wtf happened in 1982  ;)
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side"

#JFT96

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #371 on: December 11, 2014, 08:41:34 pm »
@BT1892

Was sat here trying to work out wtf happened in 1982  ;)

Oops......haha  :)
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline ELEVENREDMEN

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #372 on: December 11, 2014, 08:54:50 pm »
STH in 106 and didn't tick the auto cup scheme box :(

Sat in LC for the first two games CL games and having been fed up with that the lower  Annie road on Tuesday. Wow what a difference to the type of fan in the three different stands.

LC - small pocket completely disinterested in the game, getting to their seats 15 mins and 62mins into the game even against Madrid!
LAR - saw a handful of individual fans clearly frustrated on Tuesday but shouting abuse at the players.

All three games were a real eye opener

Offline Istanbul, 2005

• Strong believer in UKIP's domestic and European policies.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mersey paradise
« Reply #373 on: December 11, 2014, 11:33:30 pm »
The two biggest problems with the atmosphere if we step away from the most basic ones (the high price, seating and lack of seats) are the:

* The Old regular fuckers who all over the ground, but sadly lots of them on the kop. Typical Behaviour: texting, chatting with their phone during YNWA, slating our players off for 90min (but don´t give a fuck about slating the ref och their players) , leave 10min before the final whistle etc

* The tourists. Typical Behaviour: Half and half scarf, scandinavian/european accent, iphone/ipad and a selfie stick, filming and taking photos at every opportunity even if Ronaldo or Rooney just scores in front of them.

The solution:
Send out information to every ST holder at the start of next season that if they dont want/cant contribute to the Atmosphere they could leave The Kop and get a good place at Main stand or centenary for the same cost, the message is clear: If you want to be on the kop you want to help the team win the game =contribute to the atmosphere.  Would propably free up a couple of hundreds/thousands tickets on the kop.

Much harder control on the black market and current ST holders to stop the touting. Its ridiculous really, because its from matchtickets.com etc were all the tourists get their tickets from. And those sites get their tickets from ST and membership holders selling their tickets off for a 100€ profit. Know some "reds" who makes huge money from selling their tickets to these sites.
Also limit the number of Thomas Cook tickets or at least put all of them and other hospitality shite in the upper Main stand when its built, as far away from the pitch as possible.

Then earmarked the "new" tickets on the kop with a 30-40% discount to u-21 scousers. I´m a scandinavian myself but my belief is that Anfield, or at least The Kop should be 90% liverpudlians. From going to lots of games, home and away, its the young generation that keeps the atmosphere going and will be the heart of this club for the next 50 years. Sadly though they are very few of them, went to Palace away and could hardly see a scouser, even less a young one.  Palace away was the last game I´ll will see with the reds. I have just lost interest, in modern football in general but also in my beloved club. Whats the fun at being at Anfield with moaning bastards and people around you who dont give a fuck about the club, they just care about a good instagram picture and a day out. I wont attend anfield or a liverpool game until the club makes any efforts to solve this fucking shite. Until then I will give my cash and focus to Spirit of Shankly, who hopefully along with the Spion Kop lads can get a bit involved with the atmosphere and adress the issues mentioned above.
At Half time AC thought they had us beat
The Blueshite were dancing in the North Wales Streets
But Stevie G played like a man posessed
And all they have now is their Bitterness!

How do you sleep at night Duckenfield?

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: December 18, 2014, 06:42:30 pm »
Found this interesting, when compared to how people say the Anfield crowd seems to lose spirit when things aren't going well on the pitch:

Jurgen Klopp has praised the Borussia Dortmund supporters following Wednesday's 2-2 draw with Wolfsburg and said he will miss them when he is no longer in charge of the club.

Dortmund had to settle for a point at the Westfalenstadion, despite taking the lead twice and having had a number of chances to seal their third consecutive home win in the Bundesliga.

An 85th-minute header from unmarked centre-back Naldo secured a draw for Wolfsburg and left BVB in 16th -- the relegation playoff place -- with only one game left before the winter break.

But despite Dortmund's troubles, the sold-out Westfalenstadion not only roared on their players during the match but also applauded the squad after the final whistle -- something many of the fans have done throughout the first half of the season.

On his way back to the dressing room after taking in chants of his name from the stands, the Dortmund boss turned around and bowed to the fans.

"This was the last home game [before the winter break]," Klopp told a news conference. "And there might come a time in my life when I am no longer the coach of this team. But what I know already is that I will miss them.

"It's just extraordinary what the fans do here. That's just fantastic. There are several stadiums with a great atmosphere in the world, but only a few who go wild like that when you are 16th."

http://www.espnfc.us/borussia-dortmund/story/2204568/ill-miss-borussia-dortmund-fans-when-im-gone-jurgen-klopp

“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: December 18, 2014, 06:54:53 pm »
Dortmund are great, but it's impossible to compare.

If they were forced into paying £56-£59 a game, getting made to sit down and couldn't have a bevvy, it might be a different story
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline stevie_b

• Main Stander
  • <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transi
« Reply #376 on: December 19, 2014, 10:22:24 am »
How about slowing down our songs to the pace at which they should be sang, instead of singing everything 100mph. This would allow other fans to pick up the words and join in a lot quicker.

Also why don't we try singing in unison instead of making it a comptition every week. I sit in 305 and most week can here at least 2 songs sometimes 3 songs from each of the 300 blocks.

If we combine the slowing down of our songs and everyone singing in unison, this will ultimately lead to songs being sang much louder and clearer. Again in turn allowing other fans to pick up on the lyrics much quicker, enabling them to contribute to teh songs.
come on without, come on with in, you ain't seen nothing like the mighty Emlyn

Offline AnfieldIron

• Water Like a Stone. Local laundry service ...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: December 19, 2014, 10:47:32 am »
How about slowing down our songs to the pace at which they should be sang, instead of singing everything 100mph. This would allow other fans to pick up the words and join in a lot quicker.

THIS.

"OhIamaLiverpudlianandIcomefromthespionkop!"

Sounds like a race at times.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: December 23, 2014, 05:54:44 am »
I was on Kop 305 for Arsenal and surprised by how few scarves I saw during YNWA around me, and in the Main Stand/Centenary. Anyone else notice?

Young Scouse lad in front of me spent most of the 90 minutes on his phone online shopping...on Sports Direct. Surely you'd feel like you've wasted money?
YNWA.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: December 23, 2014, 06:33:50 am »

If they were forced into paying £56-£59 a game, getting made to sit down and couldn't have a bevvy, it might be a different story

It'd be a different story because they simply wouldn't go. They wouldn't put up with it.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: December 23, 2014, 08:39:02 am »

They were 'forced' to pay £19 for a game against Schalke a few seasons back but instead of paying it, they boycotted the game:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8986321.stm

This is the equivalent to Liverpool fans not turning up to Anfield when UTD come to town.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: December 23, 2014, 11:38:23 am »
Did anybody notice a huge section in the lower centenary, (the first 10 rows or so) right next to the Anny Road that was very red/full of scarves?

Most of the ground was black/not holding scarves like usual, yet that entire section stood out like a sore thumb against the backdrop of the rest, most seemed to be holding the exact same scarf too, and all of them stayed behind at the end. Must have been at least 100 people. Anybody know what it is? Couldn't have been a coincidence. It was block KG.

It'd be a different story because they simply wouldn't go. They wouldn't put up with it.

It's easy to not put up with it when you have an 80,000 capacity ground and a largely local organised support

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: December 23, 2014, 11:46:45 am »
Did anybody notice a huge section in the lower centenary, (the first 10 rows or so) right next to the Anny Road that was very red/full of scarves?

Most of the ground was black/not holding scarves like usual, yet that entire section stood out like a sore thumb against the backdrop of the rest, most seemed to be holding the exact same scarf too, and all of them stayed behind at the end. Must have been at least 100 people. Anybody know what it is? Couldn't have been a coincidence. It was block KG.

It's easy to not put up with it when you have an 80,000 capacity ground and a largely local organised support

I noticed that small pocket of scarves, there was a small pocket near the corner flag of Annie Road too where there was a noticeable concentration of scarves being held. But otherwise, it was poor, very poor.
YNWA.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: December 23, 2014, 11:47:03 am »

I did notice the stand out.

Block KG is one of the hospitality areas so maybe a mass corproate do!?

Offline Alf Garnett

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Upper Centenary
« Reply #384 on: December 23, 2014, 12:31:33 pm »
I noticed that small pocket of scarves, there was a small pocket near the corner flag of Annie Road too where there was a noticeable concentration of scarves being held. But otherwise, it was poor, very poor.

Probably the half and half Liverpool/Standard Chartered scarves.

Offline perspectiveplease

• getsomethenstopwastingourbandwidth!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #385 on: December 23, 2014, 12:43:31 pm »
I had to laugh when I saw the Arsenal fan's scathing criticism of our atmosphere. Because the Emirates is a cauldron of noise.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #386 on: December 23, 2014, 01:04:53 pm »

They didn't. They boycotted their biggest away of the season a year or two back - because the price reached 20EUR.

Edit:

This was the one I was referring to:

They were 'forced' to pay £19 for a game against Schalke a few seasons back but instead of paying it, they boycotted the game:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8986321.stm

This is the equivalent to Liverpool fans not turning up to Anfield when UTD come to town.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #387 on: December 23, 2014, 01:08:00 pm »
And on the Arsenal game; the atmosphere really was poor. We talk about a lack of intensity from the players, but what of those in the stands? Hardly an insignificant game, and there can be no excsuses that the performance on the pitch led to a malaise in the stands. It was piss poor from virtually every person in that crowd. Simple as that.
Twitter | Blog

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: December 23, 2014, 02:39:37 pm »
Why was half the KOP sat down for the arsenal game? Is it not seen as a big game anymore? It happened last year against these too but against City, Chelsea, UTD, Everton and all Euro games we always stand. The problem is, as long as ticket prices are so high, the atmosphere will be shite.

I said it earlier in the season and I'll say it again. We need to pick a game, most probably a game a few months away and aim to boycott it in the hope of reducing prices. I know SOS have threatened taking the colour from the KOP etc and we are  now in talked with the club but I just don't see it working. I think they are just humouring them to be honest because they wanted the big colourful pictures for the CL home game against Basel.

If enough supporters groups were informed and enough time was made to organise it and spread the word, it could have the impact we want. I can only see a freeze on tickets at the moment and that just isn't good enough. Until they are £30 maximum then it'd be too much to me.

Offline AnfieldIron

• Water Like a Stone. Local laundry service ...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: December 23, 2014, 02:58:04 pm »
Why was half the KOP sat down for the arsenal game? Is it not seen as a big game anymore? It happened last year against these too but against City, Chelsea, UTD, Everton and all Euro games we always stand. The problem is, as long as ticket prices are so high, the atmosphere will be shite.

I said it earlier in the season and I'll say it again. We need to pick a game, most probably a game a few months away and aim to boycott it in the hope of reducing prices. I know SOS have threatened taking the colour from the KOP etc and we are  now in talked with the club but I just don't see it working. I think they are just humouring them to be honest because they wanted the big colourful pictures for the CL home game against Basel.

If enough supporters groups were informed and enough time was made to organise it and spread the word, it could have the impact we want. I can only see a freeze on tickets at the moment and that just isn't good enough. Until they are £30 maximum then it'd be too much to me.

Won't happen though. For all of those in the know, who are actively boycotting it, there are thousands behind us who'd still go. :(

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: December 23, 2014, 03:11:22 pm »
$$$

Really? Are you serious? You mean 18 months living in the UK agonising over the fact I could for some reason never... fucking ever... get tickets to see Liverpool, all I had to do was find some touts.

Holy fucking shit.

That is atrocious.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: December 23, 2014, 03:13:19 pm »

Why don't we do the opposite. Pick a game, a generally not-premium game, and organise to all be there at the same time, sitting together, going for broke supporting the team. European night style. Then when it gets attention get some press and say, it cost us bla bla and took xyz amount of effort.... imagine if those barriers were taken away, we'd do this every game!

I reckon it would get more attention than a boycott

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #392 on: December 23, 2014, 03:57:12 pm »

Thought the same, I always assumed Arsenal was one we were all allowed to stand for, but that knobhead officious steward at the front was threatening to throw people out for standing in the first half.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: December 23, 2014, 04:21:33 pm »
There's no chance of an atmosphere when the Kop are sat down. The Kop being stood doesn't guarantee anything (Basle was dire) but at least it gives it a chance.  As soon as the Kop sits we might as well be playing to an empty stadium.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 04:23:06 pm by Fromola »

Online LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #394 on: December 23, 2014, 04:26:56 pm »
Cheaper tickets are never coming back. The only way to improve it is with organized pockets of fans as the group mentioned above (@BT1892).

Someone's going to have to pay for the new stands, and it's not going to be FSG.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #395 on: December 23, 2014, 04:48:19 pm »
Thought the same, I always assumed Arsenal was one we were all allowed to stand for, but that knobhead officious steward at the front was threatening to throw people out for standing in the first half.

That's a ludicrous notion in the first place. Why permit people to stand when it suits, but then throw 'the rules' at people when it doesn't?

The inconsistency makes no sense and only really adds to the frustration.
Twitter | Blog

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #396 on: December 23, 2014, 04:56:00 pm »
That's a ludicrous notion in the first place. Why permit people to stand when it suits, but then throw 'the rules' at people when it doesn't?

The inconsistency makes no sense and only really adds to the frustration.

It's ridiculous isn't it? It was apparently safe to stand last week against Basel, yet this weekend it was far too dangerous.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: December 29, 2014, 11:27:01 pm »
Was a positive feeling going around for the last 30 or so minutes today that I haven't felt since last season. Everybody enjoying the football and appreciating what was happening, rather than constant moaning + terror at our performance. few dickheads jumping right on Balotelli, but that's par for the course

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: December 29, 2014, 11:38:37 pm »
Was pissed off with some idiots in Lower Anfield Road booing Mignolet when his name was read out (yes actually booing) and then whenever he did something so much aggression towards him and then going 'weeeey' whenever he kicked the ball. I know he's as shite as the next man does right now but the boy doesn't deserve that from his own 'fans'.

Same idiots were laughing when Swansea changed 'feed the scousers' early doors - one nudged the other and went 'feed the scousers ha ha ha ha'

Wonder about the mentality of these people.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Kemlyn 28

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #399 on: December 29, 2014, 11:47:49 pm »
Was pissed off with some idiots in Lower Anfield Road booing Mignolet when his name was read out (yes actually booing) and then whenever he did something so much aggression towards him and then going 'weeeey' whenever he kicked the ball. I know he's as shite as the next man does right now but the boy doesn't deserve that from his own 'fans'.

Same idiots were laughing when Swansea changed 'feed the scousers' early doors - one nudged the other and went 'feed the scousers ha ha ha ha'

Wonder about the mentality of these people.
Gobshites the lot of them mate,fuck knows why they sully themselves visiting our city.