Author Topic: Champions League Semi-Finals: April 26th-27th  (Read 114009 times)

Offline SmithdownAndy

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC. Did You Really Think We Would Leave You Dying
Re: Champions League Semi-Finals: April 26th-27th
« Reply #3600 on: April 28, 2011, 12:53:38 am »
Not really, i was just putting into context the fact, prior to him joining they got bossed in a two legged tied, both home and away.

When he came, he knocked out Chelsea, Barca and Bayern Munich.

The guy is on another level, best manager in the world for me.
Go and support Real Madrid then, plenty of us who think we've got the best manager in the world right now, a man that wins and loses in the right way, not like that classless knob
Rest In Eternal Peace Ray (shanklyboy) - Gone but will NEVER be forgotten

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3602 on: April 28, 2011, 12:55:31 am »
Go and support Real Madrid then, plenty of us who think we've got the best manager in the world right now, a man that wins and loses in the right way, not like that classless knob

Since when did you support the club you think has the best manager?

People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline Gainsbarre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3603 on: April 28, 2011, 12:56:07 am »
What I don't get is that people are sooooo keen to overlook everything that might be remotely negative about Barcelona.

We should not overlook the 'remotely' negative about Barcelona, but I cant understand why some people are trying too hard to see it... Every club pay lots of money on players, every club can have a player or more who act, dive and all that... That's in the game, and I fucking hate it, but it heppens... even to players who dont do it usually... in games like tonight's it heppens even more.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 12:58:54 am by Gainsbarre »
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists," Hicks said. "It absolutely had an impact on them."

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #3604 on: April 28, 2011, 12:56:28 am »
God yes, Porto were in the European cup final every other year before Jose.

Nevermind winning the treble with a Inter Milan the season before hand lost home and away to Liverpool in the European cup, they lost the Coppa final that season too - but Jose walked in and won all three.

As you were, idiot

Look, I know you must be very upset because the object of your desire has been completely humiliated both on and off the pitch last night but is there any need for the childish insults?
 Go and knock one out over a picture of your hero (if you haven't already) and I'm sure you'll feel less frustrated.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #3605 on: April 28, 2011, 12:56:59 am »
What a sour, po-faced, cry-baby loser he is.  Can't wait till he's at United.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3606 on: April 28, 2011, 12:57:34 am »
Pepe went in with unnecessary force which is what made it a dirty challenge.

And I really can't see any contact:

Even if there was it was the absolute minimal and doesn't suddenly make the challenge any less dangerous. We all know what Pepe's like and he didn't simply just try to win the ball.
Watch this video again and tell me when did they show this replay?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=C14TFluq3uU
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3607 on: April 28, 2011, 12:58:13 am »
Look, I know you must be very upset because the object of your desire has been completely humiliated both on and off the pitch last night but is there any need for the childish insults?
 Go and knock one out over a picture of your hero (if you haven't already) and I'm sure you'll feel less frustrated.
Last thing before I go to bed, cheers for the heads up though.

It is as incredible to me that someone can challenge Jose as a manager, as someone challenging Messi as a footballer, mind boggles it really does.

Offline SmithdownAndy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3608 on: April 28, 2011, 12:59:15 am »
Since when did you support the club you think has the best manager?

I am now

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3609 on: April 28, 2011, 12:59:38 am »

go on...
Apparently it is not a real account, won't post it till I'm 100% sure.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #3610 on: April 28, 2011, 01:00:09 am »
We should not overlook the 'remotely' negative about Barcelona, but I cant understand why some people are trying too hard to see it... Every club pay lots of money on players, every club can have a player or more who act, dive and all that... That's in the game, and I fucking hate it, but it heppens... even to players who dont do it usually... in games like tonight's it heppens even more.

I think it's the fact that Barca try to make out they DON'T do things like that that annoys people.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3611 on: April 28, 2011, 01:00:32 am »
What a pair of revolting teams, both trying to cheat their way to victory and both should be embarrassed after that display. In terms of tactics Real used typical Mourinho counter attacking football tactics to nullify barca in much the same way we did a few years ago and it did seem to be working up until the sending off, after that it was only really ever going to go one way. The ref i think on the whole did ok but he lacked consistency in his bookings for example you cant book arbeloa for obstruction and then only give messi a telling off for launching himself at (was it marcelo?) knocking the guy onto his back after the ball had already gone.

Tonight has shown me barca are quite prepared to get down into the gutter with the likes of f***ing Mourinho and Real and play them at their own game to win as both teams were trying to get as many of the opposition booked or sent off as they could. Disgracefull.

Offline C

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3612 on: April 28, 2011, 01:00:46 am »
I am now

Oh good god, you are such a wonderful human being.

Offline Gainsbarre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3613 on: April 28, 2011, 01:01:13 am »

It is as incredible to me that someone can challenge Jose as a manager, as someone challenging Messi as a footballer, mind boggles it really does.

:lmao
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists," Hicks said. "It absolutely had an impact on them."

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3614 on: April 28, 2011, 01:01:16 am »
"I just have one question: Why?,'' he added. ''Why Ovrebo [Chelsea vs. Barcelona referee in 2007 semi-final], Busacca [Barcelona vs. Arsenal in this year's Champions League], Stark? In each semi-final it is the same. We are talking about an absolutely fantastic team. Why didn't Chelsea make the final? Why did Inter have to be saved by a miracle?

''Congratulations to Barcelona. But I just do not understand why Barcelona always receive the help of the referee. All my life I will be asking myself this question, and one day I hope to receive an answer.

''I am not too sad, I have a great family. But I don't understand why Barcelona have this power. It happened two years ago to Chelsea (in the 2009 semi-finals), almost to my Inter last year, and also to Arsenal this year.

''Why do the opponents of Barcelona always have a man sent off? Where does this power come from? Maybe it is to give more publicity to UNICEF, maybe because of the power of (Spanish federation president Jose Angel) Villar in UEFA.''

Turning his attention to Pep Guardiola, Mourinho said: ''Barcelona are a great team on and off the pitch, but winning like that doesn't leave the same taste.

''I have already won two Champions Leagues, and I won them on the pitch, with two teams that weren't Barcelona. I won one with Porto, a small team from a weaker league. And I won another with Inter, sweating and fighting hard.

''Josep Guardiola is a fantastic football coach, but the Champions League he won was an embarrassment because of what happened at Stamford Bridge - it was a scandal. And if he wins it this year, he will win after the scandal at the Bernabeu. Let's hope he gets the chance to win a clean Champions League (in future), without scandals.

''Guardiola deserves to win a Champions League normally. That's what I wish because he is a very good coach who I respect as a person for his fantastic treatment in four years with him.

''I respect him a lot as a coach and as a person, I hope that one day he will win a clean Champions League, with no incidents behind it.''

Ladies and Gentlemen, I believe Jose Mourinho has finally "jumped the shark".

We all know he's a c*nt, and we know that due to his nature as a c*nt, he is entitled to say/do c*ntish things from time to time without much resistance or criticism (see: Mr. Alex Ferguson, Rooney, etc.), but I think he'll get some BIG shit from the respective governing bodies tomorrow about this.

If he can come out and say what he has just said and completely get away with it, I will lose every ounce of respect I had for FIFA and UEFA. He is bringing the entire game into question, and thats something he doesn't deserve to be able to do.
Cheers! was trying to find his interview earlier with no success

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #3615 on: April 28, 2011, 01:01:20 am »
I'm almost sure Y2J is actually Fred Hermel.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline SmithdownAndy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3616 on: April 28, 2011, 01:02:03 am »
Oh good god, you are such a wonderful human being.

I did 20 years ago as well and with Bob and Bill before that, all better managers than that classless prick, jog on

Offline C

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3617 on: April 28, 2011, 01:04:30 am »
I did 20 years ago as well and with Bob and Bill before that, all better managers than that classless prick, jog on
and Souness, Roy Evans et al

were you allowed to say anyone was better than them?

Offline Smashedin

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3618 on: April 28, 2011, 01:05:35 am »
Apparently it is not a real account, won't post it till I'm 100% sure.

Then why post in the first place. WUM.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3619 on: April 28, 2011, 01:06:09 am »
I'm almost sure Y2J is actually Fred Hermel.

Offline SmithdownAndy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3620 on: April 28, 2011, 01:06:15 am »
and Souness, Roy Evans et al

were you allowed to say anyone was better than them?
Both legends and better men than that prick

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3621 on: April 28, 2011, 01:06:23 am »

Don't know why I'm justifying myself to a fucking Mourinho sycophant like you, but who's challenging him? He is a very good manager, that is beyond question, but you talk like he is beyond reproach, untouchable, some fucking supreme being who is above any sort of scrutiny. Well, he isn't. He's been found out plenty of times, not least by one of our own.
 Another thing beyond doubt is the fact he picks his clubs. Chelsea, Inter, Madrid....hmmm, there's a pattern in there if you look closely enough. Wonder where he'll wash up next? Bet it begins with an M.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3622 on: April 28, 2011, 01:06:39 am »
Because I thought it was real when I first posted it.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3623 on: April 28, 2011, 01:06:52 am »
The spanish federation president must surely be considring action after those comments by classless cretin.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Gainsbarre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3624 on: April 28, 2011, 01:07:06 am »
I think it's the fact that Barca try to make out they DON'T do things like that that annoys people.

Frankly, I havent seen so many games of Barça the past years. But most of the games I've seen they looked honest to me, nothing wrong really at point to mark me or attract my atention to as 'a cheat team'... So for me, compared to the serial cheaters like Ronaldo and Maurinho, they DON'T do things like that... but maybe cause of my disgust of those two I'm bit biased..

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #3625 on: April 28, 2011, 01:07:13 am »
I think his use of the word 'apparently' tells us he didn't recieve this information until after the initial post.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline Smashedin

• Kopite
« Reply #3626 on: April 28, 2011, 01:07:18 am »
Because I thought it was real when I first posted it.

Just post what he said, no one will cry if it turns out to be fake.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3627 on: April 28, 2011, 01:07:23 am »
What a pair of revolting teams, both trying to cheat their way to victory and both should be embarrassed after that display. In terms of tactics Real used typical Mourinho counter attacking football tactics to nullify barca in much the same way we did a few years ago and it did seem to be working up until the sending off, after that it was only really ever going to go one way. The ref i think on the whole did ok but he lacked consistency in his bookings for example you cant book arbeloa for obstruction and then only give messi a telling off for launching himself at (was it marcelo?) knocking the guy onto his back after the ball had already gone.

Tonight has shown me barca are quite prepared to get down into the gutter with the likes of f***ing Mourinho and Real and play them at their own game to win as both teams were trying to get as many of the opposition booked or sent off as they could. Disgracefull.

This.

What a perfect example of the ugly game
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #3628 on: April 28, 2011, 01:07:53 am »
Both legends and better men than that prick

Roy Hodgson?
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline Ice Red

• Kopite
  • And could he play!!
« Reply #3629 on: April 28, 2011, 01:08:15 am »
I don't have a problem with Barcelona being c*nts. Let them be c*nts if they want. I don't have a problem with that. What I can't stand though is people saying they're c*nts, but they're still the good ones, because the others are c*nts, too.

What I don't get is that people are sooooo keen to overlook everything that might be remotely negative about Barcelona. They spend shitloads of money, yet it's okay and not a big deal, because Real spend more and Barca have players from their own academy in the team. A team stops them from playing the way they want (like Inter last season) and suddenly it's a huge disgrace and football has lost because of it, as apparantly Barca's way of playing is the only right way to be playing football (even if it's not successful for once). Wenger gets laughed at whenever he complains about the likes of Stoke or Bolton bullying them and not letting them play. Yet, Barca should be winning everything because they play great football? It all started with Ronaldinho in my view. He behaved like a horrible twat at times on the pitch (and at times got sent off for it). But most of the time, it was overlooked, because he was always playing with a huge smile in his face. A bit like how Scholes is seen making shithouse-tackles time and again and everyone is just giggling about "Poor Scholsey, who can't tackle..."

Spot on

Offline C

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3630 on: April 28, 2011, 01:09:30 am »
Don't know why I'm justifying myself to a fucking Mourinho sycophant like you, but who's challenging him? He is a very good manager, that is beyond question, but you talk like he is beyond reproach, untouchable, some fucking supreme being who is above any sort of scrutiny. Well, he isn't. He's been found out plenty of times, not least by one of our own.
 Another thing beyond doubt is the fact he picks his clubs. Chelsea, Inter, Madrid....hmmm, there's a pattern in there if you look closely enough. Wonder where he'll wash up next? Bet it begins with an M.
He picks his clubs because he's the best manager in world football you clown.
I'm not saying he is a supreme being and all that other shite you said for no reason, i disliked him big time when he was at Chelsea being a c*nt - but now he is in a neutral league i can really acknowledge how good he is, that Inter Milan side had everything.

As for where he will end up next, i'm sure he will win trophies there too.

Offline SmithdownAndy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3631 on: April 28, 2011, 01:09:36 am »
Roy Hodgson?
Just let me drink about another 12 cans and i'll get back to ye on that one ;)

Offline DM Red

• no it wasnt a knee jerk - just a jerk....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3632 on: April 28, 2011, 01:11:16 am »
just post it man, ha

TheDrog Didier Drogba
@
@TheSpecialOne Its a fucking disgrace.

Offline jaffod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3633 on: April 28, 2011, 01:11:26 am »
He picks his clubs because he's the best manager in world football you clown.
I'm not saying he is a supreme being and all that other shite you said for no reason, i disliked him big time when he was at Chelsea being a c*nt - but now he is in a neutral league i can really acknowledge how good he is, that Inter Milan side had everything.

As for where he will end up next, i'm sure he will win trophies there too.

Wow, more petty insults. I'm getting scared now, a bit of wee-wee just leaked out.

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3634 on: April 28, 2011, 01:11:35 am »
Watch this video again and tell me when did they show this replay?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=C14TFluq3uU

The video's been taken down. Are you suggesting the gif has been tampered?  ???
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3635 on: April 28, 2011, 01:11:59 am »
Just post what he said, no one will cry if it turns out to be fake.
Something to the like that he is sorry for Mourinho but that nobody can stand in UEFA's favorite team and how he still remembers that night in 2009 when Iniesta scored.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3636 on: April 28, 2011, 01:12:27 am »
The video's been taken down. Are you suggesting the gif has been tampered?  ???
Yes because when I watched the video, this replay was never in it.

Offline C

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3637 on: April 28, 2011, 01:13:21 am »
Wow, more petty insults. I'm getting scared now, a bit of wee-wee just leaked out.
funny how you acknowledge the 'petty insults' rather than the actual point.

not a problem with people being wrong, but when they just prefer to maintain total ignorance, well its a great pity.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3638 on: April 28, 2011, 01:15:33 am »
I don't have a problem with Barcelona being c*nts. Let them be c*nts if they want. I don't have a problem with that. What I can't stand though is people saying they're c*nts, but they're still the good ones, because the others are c*nts, too.

What I don't get is that people are sooooo keen to overlook everything that might be remotely negative about Barcelona. They spend shitloads of money, yet it's okay and not a big deal, because Real spend more and Barca have players from their own academy in the team. A team stops them from playing the way they want (like Inter last season) and suddenly it's a huge disgrace and football has lost because of it, as apparantly Barca's way of playing is the only right way to be playing football (even if it's not successful for once). Wenger gets laughed at whenever he complains about the likes of Stoke or Bolton bullying them and not letting them play. Yet, Barca should be winning everything because they play great football? It all started with Ronaldinho in my view. He behaved like a horrible twat at times on the pitch (and at times got sent off for it). But most of the time, it was overlooked, because he was always playing with a huge smile in his face. A bit like how Scholes is seen making shithouse-tackles time and again and everyone is just giggling about "Poor Scholsey, who can't tackle..."
You're spot on mate.

Offline Ambrosia

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3639 on: April 28, 2011, 01:16:43 am »
Yeah, Inter were beaten rather emphatically by United the season before winning it. How United didn't score at the San Siro remains a mystery. But again, that's typical of Mourinho. A season later, with his philosophy stamped on the club, they came back stronger. Madrid would be mad to sack him in the summer, but then they were mad to sack Pellegrini, Capello, Del Bosque etc.
But do Real Madrid want his philosophy stamped into their club?

It's everything against what they're about. No doubt they view Mourinho as temporary coach where he gets Barca off their perch and a sexier coach comes along.