Author Topic: Champions League Semi-Finals: April 26th-27th  (Read 114024 times)

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
Re: Champions League Semi-Finals: April 26th-27th
« Reply #3440 on: April 27, 2011, 11:24:40 pm »
Mourinho's comments just show what a small time bitter classless twat he is. I reckon he's been studying Demento closely because they are beginning to converge in spirit.

But his comments are reflexive, and he wants the conspiracy theory to be the story,  not his team's performance and capitulation and his tactics, all of the attention for which would show him up badly.

Horrible, horrible man.

Give it a few weeks for the furore to subside and people will still say they'd like him as a future Liverpool manager.

Can't stand him.

Can't stand how they've acted over these games (or the club in general) but Guardiola looks almost saintly when compared to Mourinho.

Younger, better looking, sharper dressed, smarter and well on his way to being more successful. I bet it really pisses Mourinho off.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #3441 on: April 27, 2011, 11:25:07 pm »
As some have said, City is set up perfectly for Mourinho.

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3442 on: April 27, 2011, 11:25:29 pm »
Didn't he also claim that the reason Essien got punished for that shithouse tackle was because of the constant replays of it?
that sounds accurate yeah

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #3443 on: April 27, 2011, 11:25:39 pm »
He'd have won City the league this season had he been in place of Mancini. (Just shows with money you need a top manager).

I agree with your point, but it doesn't make him any less of a genius tactically.

How can you call him a genius when he's spent shit loads of cash at every club he's been involved with?

It's complete crap.  Any manager could do that if given permission to do so.
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3444 on: April 27, 2011, 11:26:52 pm »
i know this seems to have been lost in all the drama but well done to Masch. delighted for him.

he's not really a centre back is he though? his strengths are challenging for the ball, physical strength etc, not positioning and reading the play.

Offline Gainsbarre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3445 on: April 27, 2011, 11:27:47 pm »
I hated it mate, and I generally have become so numb to teams diving, cheating, crowding referees and acting like a gang of twats that it doesn't bother me. This was well over the top though. And it's both clubs...

I've never been left so underwhelmed by a series of games. That Messi goal was the solitary ray of light to come out of a game that went some way toward showing why these two clubs are - IMHO - on the verge of ruining European football for the next couple of seasons.

I think there's a real danger over the next year or two of the Champions League simply being an SPL on steroids.

Tell you what though, you can always rely on Mourinho to find a new level to sink to. Barcelona really went out their way to match them tonight in the stakes of twattishness, but however low anyone sets the bar - and Barcelona can set it pretty bloody low - Mourinho is always going to be able to limbo under it. I guess being a spineless twat helps him in that regard.

Well said... But when you play an overly agressive side like Madrid, you just ask every damned touch as a foul... That was Mourinho game and Barça beat them to it... I cant and want blame Barça doing what they did... Watched the Copa del Rey, Real smashed them... and nothing, and then you have this horrible c*nt Mourinho talking shit all the time, laughing and provoking... Sometimes football is like war, and it was tonight the case! You do what you should to win a war... tonight the good won against the evil... and I'm glad for that..
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists," Hicks said. "It absolutely had an impact on them."

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3446 on: April 27, 2011, 11:27:53 pm »
i could go into detail but i cannae be arsed. Anyone fooling themselves into thinking Mourinho isn't special, is being... well a fool.

It's ok, if you don't have the intellect for the discussion it's fine.

Shankly took a Division Two side and turned them into League and FA Cup winners. Then when they faded he tore his side apart and built another one that won the league and UEFA Cup.

Busby saw the heart of his team ripped out by Munich and rebuilt them to win the European Cup.

Paisley took a very good side and made them better. He won three European Cups in five years and constantly evolved his side so that his successor would also lift one.

Ferguson took over a side firmly in our shadow and built a squad that would win his side's first league title in almost thirty years. He has also constantly evolved his team so that they've dominated English football for nigh on twenty years.

Mourinho's taken over expensively assembled sides who've finished first or second in their league the season before and spent a shiteload of money to basically keep them at the same level. Hence my question, is he really quite as great as he likes to think?
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #3447 on: April 27, 2011, 11:28:01 pm »
he's not really a centre back is he though? his strengths are challenging for the ball, physical strength etc, not positioning and reading the play.

Just as well the tactical genius that is Jose Mourinho failed to pick up on this.

Offline Ambrosia

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3448 on: April 27, 2011, 11:28:03 pm »
How can you call him a genius when he's spent shit loads of cash at every club he's been involved with?

I think his Inter achievements, especially winning the CL, put to bed that he's a lucky manager who's been carried by the money he's spent.

Offline vagildi

• Main Stander
  • "Getting better everyday day!"
« Reply #3449 on: April 27, 2011, 11:28:06 pm »
cheers

Not sure what that means. Surely he means the other way round

Bellend but good manager etc

bellend cheddar

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #3450 on: April 27, 2011, 11:28:49 pm »

No they couldn't.

And that's why there's no point in me continuing this discussion. I say this as someone who despises him by the way.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3451 on: April 27, 2011, 11:29:12 pm »
What annoys me about Real is that they didn't even try to attack Barca at home with all the support they had. Arsenal at the Emirates showed what can happen when you attack Barca ferociously.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline .Mike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #3452 on: April 27, 2011, 11:29:21 pm »
You can't say for sure he'd have won the league with City. Personally I think they'd be pretty much where they are now. And tactical genius? He's been found out too many times now.
Name a manager who hasn't been tactically found out.

Every manager makes mistakes, but usually I think he's spot on, but he's met his match with Pep and this Barca side.

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3453 on: April 27, 2011, 11:29:31 pm »

even Roy Hodgeson ?

i doubt it

Offline El Monjo Boig

• Main Stander
« Reply #3454 on: April 27, 2011, 11:29:32 pm »

Well, apart from Hodgson. He'd have just bought Konchesky for 40m...

EDIT: Damn! Beaten by one second!
When he learnt he had chosen Moyes, Mou was incredulous. He screamed: ‘But he’s won nothing!’

Offline Samee

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3455 on: April 27, 2011, 11:29:34 pm »
"Dey always crying like a beybeh"

:lmao
@Samee
In Leicester?

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #3456 on: April 27, 2011, 11:30:19 pm »
adebayor doesn't seem to realise that di maria plays for his team.

Offline Ambrosia

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3457 on: April 27, 2011, 11:30:39 pm »
I say this as someone who despises him by the way.
This should be a disclaimer for every Liverpool fan that defends him  ;D

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #3458 on: April 27, 2011, 11:30:47 pm »

Ask Mancini how that's going for him.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #3459 on: April 27, 2011, 11:31:17 pm »

Shankly took a Division Two side and turned them into League and FA Cup winners. Then when they faded he tore his side apart and built another one that won the league and UEFA Cup.

Busby saw the heart of his team ripped out by Munich and rebuilt them to win the European Cup.

Paisley took a very good side and made them better. He won three European Cups in five years and constantly evolved his side so that his successor would also lift one.

Ferguson took over a side firmly in our shadow and built a squad that would win his side's first league title in almost thirty years. He has also constantly evolved his team so that they've dominated English football for nigh on twenty years.

Mourinho's taken over expensively assembled sides who've finished first or second in their league the season before and spent a shiteload of money to basically keep them at the same level. Hence my question, is he really quite as great as he likes to think?

Spot on.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #3460 on: April 27, 2011, 11:31:30 pm »
Tell you what though, you can always rely on Mourinho to find a new level to sink to. Barcelona really went out their way to match them tonight in the stakes of twattishness, but however low anyone sets the bar - and Barcelona can set it pretty bloody low - Mourinho is always going to be able to limbo under it. I guess being a spineless twat helps him in that regard.

Mourinho got his excuses in early. He is a complete c*nt and personally I think he was hoping for a red card to cover up his tactical deficiencies. He knew he was going to get dicked over two legs and without Robert Huth to throw up front he only had the one game plan. How he can get away with playing those tactics with Real Madrid just shows how desperate they have become to win the European Cup.

Madrid won't win 3-0 in Barcelona so he'll probably end up with the Kings Cup this season - any other manager would be out on their arse with that record at the Bernabeau. Will be interesting to see what Real do with Jose.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline djschembri

• Legacy Fan

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3462 on: April 27, 2011, 11:31:58 pm »
Name a manager who hasn't been tactically found out.

Every manager makes mistakes, but usually I think he's spot on, but he's met his match with Pep and this Barca side.

Name me another manager who's so far up his own arse and is lauded by all and sundry as being the most tactically adept manager in the world.

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #3463 on: April 27, 2011, 11:32:22 pm »
This should be a disclaimer for every Liverpool fan that defends him  ;D

I don't understand why any Liverpool fan would want to defend a man who shits all over everything our club stands for.

Offline Mr Dilkington

• Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #3464 on: April 27, 2011, 11:32:29 pm »

Mate, no need for that really. I just can't be arsed making a long and proper defence of someone i don't like.

If you think i don't want to cause i can't handle it, that's up to you.

Why would he go to a club with less money when the richest clubs want him?

Oh, and why doesn't he evolve a team? Cause he's a hoar.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #3465 on: April 27, 2011, 11:33:21 pm »

Excellent post mate.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Samee

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3466 on: April 27, 2011, 11:33:40 pm »
@Samee
In Leicester?

Offline Ambrosia

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3467 on: April 27, 2011, 11:34:20 pm »
I don't understand why any Liverpool fan would want to defend a man who shits all over everything our club stands for.
No Liverpool fan could possibly defend him as a person, but his coaching abilities, that's another thing.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #3468 on: April 27, 2011, 11:35:08 pm »
Dodgy AS photos strike again (Remember their photoshopping an Espanyol player out of a pic to 'prove' a Barca goal was offside?

AS picture (Y2J's favourite)

Actual photo

hp sauce
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Agger

• Do Do Do.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3469 on: April 27, 2011, 11:35:17 pm »
Let's just hope it doesn't get any worse.
Theres a fair chance it's about to get a whole lot worse.......

You worried mancs win it? Noway, Barca will twat them.
If there was ever a reason for human cloning, Steven Gerrard is it.

Offline jaffod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3470 on: April 27, 2011, 11:35:27 pm »

Offline Ambrosia

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3471 on: April 27, 2011, 11:35:32 pm »
So the pic Y2J was going so ferociously by was doctored?

:lmao
That's two different angles that link is showing.

Barca PR is on full mode, i see  ::)

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3472 on: April 27, 2011, 11:35:43 pm »
Mate, no need for that really. I just can't be arsed making a long and proper defence of someone i don't like.

To be fair that was uncalled for and I apologise.
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline pinky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3473 on: April 27, 2011, 11:35:49 pm »

Mourinho has won the European Cup with clubs that were not among the favourites in the competition. First Porto, then Inter who always had a losers mentality in Europe, compared to most top clubs in the continent and quite certaily compared to the other Italian clubs, Milan and Juventus. Also, a big budget doesn't guarantee anything. Otherwise Inter themselves would have been pretty successful during the 90s for instance. Mourinho deserves big credit for achieving at least one trophy per season. It's difficult to argue against that, even just after he's been defeated today.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3474 on: April 27, 2011, 11:36:27 pm »

:thumbup

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #3475 on: April 27, 2011, 11:36:50 pm »

No, he isn't, and I'm sorry but anyone who thinks Mourinho is 'special', 'a genius', or 'an all time great' is a daft ted.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Samee

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3476 on: April 27, 2011, 11:36:51 pm »
That's two different angles that link is showing.

Barca PR is on full mode, i see  ::)

Still in denial.
@Samee
In Leicester?

Offline Mr Dilkington

• Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #3477 on: April 27, 2011, 11:37:12 pm »
To be fair that was uncalled for and I apologise.
Don't know if you're fishing or not, but no problem.  :D

I agree with everything you wrote there by the way. The man is a coward.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #3478 on: April 27, 2011, 11:37:33 pm »
tonight the good won against the evil... and I'm glad for that..

The good? A team containing Dani Alves and Sergio Busquets? And they're not the only shithouses in that Barca-team. They're as bad as Real in terms of asking for bookings, hounding the ref and going down like a bunch of fairies on some kind of sedative. I loved how Alves was accusing di Maria of diving, yet he himselfs dives all over the place. He gets carried off on a stretcher like he has broken his foot, but as soone as he's off the pitch he gets ready to jump off and get back on to the playing field. Fuck them all. Tonight's game was a disgrace and both teams were equally guilty of shithouse tactics. I still want one of them to win the CL for obvious reasons, but I can do fine without having to watch them falling all over the pitch waving imaginary yellow cards while holding their faces.

The only good thing was that Messi scored both goals, because I feel he was the only one on that pitch who actually tried to play football without constantly looking for a foul and falling over at the slightest hint of someone looking into his direction...

Offline Mr Dilkington

• Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #3479 on: April 27, 2011, 11:38:25 pm »
No, he isn't, and I'm sorry but anyone who thinks Mourinho is 'special', 'a genius', or 'an all time great' is a daft ted.
You don't like me very much do you?  ;D

Madrid were missing a Wilshere type i feel.