Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5743412 times)

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Arsenal
« Reply #71680 on: July 24, 2023, 06:12:22 pm »
The lad in the blue nearly bit off more that he could chew

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #71681 on: July 26, 2023, 11:00:03 am »
Declan Rice on training sessions at Arsenal: “Yes, it's crazy. It's honestly crazy. I'm already seeing football in a completely different way.

“You think you know football growing up and when you play, but when you meet managers like Mikel, you realise you don't really know anything about football.

“There are different styles and different ways of playing that I've never experienced before. Of course, the way I played at West Ham is completely different to the way Mikel plays, so it's going to take some time to adapt.

“But I'm really eager to learn to improve, to ask questions, to do one-to-one training to improve and try and get it as quickly as possible.

“Hopefully once all that starts to click, Arsenal will be amazing. And of course I want to go up a few levels as well, which I know I can. So yeah, it's really important that I adapt.”

#Deccers

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71682 on: July 26, 2023, 11:09:40 am »
Declan Rice on training sessions at Arsenal: “Yes, it's crazy. It's honestly crazy. I'm already seeing football in a completely different way.

“You think you know football growing up and when you play, but when you meet managers like Mikel, you realise you don't really know anything about football.

“There are different styles and different ways of playing that I've never experienced before. Of course, the way I played at West Ham is completely different to the way Mikel plays, so it's going to take some time to adapt.

“But I'm really eager to learn to improve, to ask questions, to do one-to-one training to improve and try and get it as quickly as possible.

“Hopefully once all that starts to click, Arsenal will be amazing. And of course I want to go up a few levels as well, which I know I can. So yeah, it's really important that I adapt.”

#Deccers

Please stop with the Deccers stuff. For the love of all that is holy.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #71683 on: July 26, 2023, 11:14:16 am »
Please stop with the Deccers stuff. For the love of all that is holy.
Agreed.
It's as cringe-worthy as they get and anyone calling him that is making themselves look like a massive gobshite.

Offline Mahern

• Kopite
« Reply #71684 on: July 26, 2023, 11:29:54 am »

#Deccers

Says more about Moyes really

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71685 on: July 26, 2023, 11:32:16 am »
Says more about Moyes really

I just hope he adapts quick, its a lot of money to pay for someone who says he doesnt know football.

In fairness Southgate is as bad as Moyes, Rice has never really come across anyone that coaches attacking football.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #71686 on: July 26, 2023, 11:42:08 am »
Agreed.
It's as cringe-worthy as they get and anyone calling him that is making themselves look like a massive gobshite.

Even me (already confirmed I was a massive gobshite I suppose).

What Mr Rice had effectively said there is “Moyesy is a dinosaur. I’ve never had a coach from the 21st century before”.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #71687 on: July 26, 2023, 01:10:43 pm »

What Mr Rice had effectively said there is “Moyesy is a dinosaur. I’ve never had a coach from the 21st century before”.
Or even one made out of post 20th century materials
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71688 on: July 26, 2023, 02:19:19 pm »
Arteta got a job at a big club, was backed to spend a fortune, and hasn’t won anything. I’m not going overboard on his genius just yet.

As for Declan Rice, he has played for West Ham and England, and as such, hasn’t been exposed to any football culture or higher level thinking on the game.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #71689 on: July 26, 2023, 02:28:44 pm »
Declan Rice on further training sessions at Arsenal:

“It's getting crazier by the moment. Seriously and honestly. We had a party last night to celebrate the end of my second day here. Lots of sexual tension in the air when Mikel came into the room. Just crazy.

I'm already seeing football in a completely different way. In fact we don't call it 'football' at The Arsenal. We call it love-vibe. It's that different. It really is. 'Let's go out and do love-vibe" we say."

“You think you know football growing up  but when you meet managers like Mikel you realise that the ball is actually round. It's round. Think about that. It'll blow your mind.

“But I'm really eager to learn to improve, to ask questions, to interrogate the deeper meanings behind the sport and let Mikel's wisdom was over me and through me. Drench me if you like to the very core of my being."

“Next week we go to a Tibetan mountain retreat and we'll play the Glass Bead Game together. Can't wait”

#Deccers
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #71690 on: July 26, 2023, 02:29:58 pm »
Arteta got a job at a big club, was backed to spend a fortune, and hasn’t won anything. I’m not going overboard on his genius just yet.

As for Declan Rice, he has played for West Ham and England, and as such, hasn’t been exposed to any football culture or higher level thinking on the game.

Rice has had Moyes & Southgate as his club & international managers, so no wonder Rice hasn't been exposed to any football culture.

#Sausages

Online ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71691 on: July 26, 2023, 02:31:48 pm »

Technically not true.

“It's getting crazier by the moment. Seriously and honestly. We had a party last night to celebrate the end of my second day here. Lots of sexual tension in the air when Mikel came into the room. Just crazy.

I'm already seeing football in a completely different way. In fact we don't call it 'football' at The Arsenal. We call it love-vibe. It's that different. It really is. 'Let's go out and do love-vibe" we say."

“You think you know football growing up  but when you meet managers like Mikel you realise that the ball is actually round. It's round. Think about that. It'll blow your mind.

“But I'm really eager to learn to improve, to ask questions, to interrogate the deeper meanings behind the sport and let Mikel's wisdom was over me and through me. Drench me if you like to the very core of my being."

“Next week we go to a Tibetan mountain retreat and we'll play the Glass Bead Game together. Can't wait”

#Deccers

;D

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71692 on: July 26, 2023, 02:50:11 pm »
Even me (already confirmed I was a massive gobshite I suppose).

;D

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71693 on: July 26, 2023, 02:51:36 pm »

#Deccers

;D

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #71694 on: July 26, 2023, 02:59:10 pm »

#Deccers

;D

#Deccers
#Sausages

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #71695 on: July 26, 2023, 03:02:58 pm »
What is it about Arteta's FA Cup win that means almost everyone here has seemingly forgotten it? Maybe the behind-closed-doors Covid angle or that it was played in August or that Liverpool fans were mostly still drunk at that point...?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #71696 on: July 26, 2023, 03:06:18 pm »

#Deccers

:lmao
JFT97

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71697 on: July 26, 2023, 03:12:19 pm »
What is it about Arteta's FA Cup win that means almost everyone here has seemingly forgotten it? Maybe the behind-closed-doors Covid angle or that it was played in August or that Liverpool fans were mostly still drunk at that point...?

I think Its because they only think of Arteta in terms of the team he has now, and this team hasnt won anything. That cup win was an incredible achievement with a bunch of bang average misfits, to beat man city and chelsea . We won it with the likes of Pepe Maitland Niles Bellerin Holding Ceballos and Luiz all starters.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 03:20:47 pm by The North Bank »

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #71698 on: July 26, 2023, 03:14:37 pm »

all of the above I would guess  ;D  I have little recollection of it (not that it was me that dismissed it here!), but then I never watch FA Cup finals, unless LFC manage to get in one.

Still, pressure is very much on arteta now.  Fans and owners will be demanding a lot more than a domestic cup.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71699 on: July 26, 2023, 04:02:35 pm »

#Deccers
;D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #71700 on: July 26, 2023, 05:17:26 pm »

#Deccers

rare form, Yorky... :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71701 on: July 26, 2023, 05:25:14 pm »

#Deccers

:moon
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71702 on: July 26, 2023, 05:27:56 pm »

#Deccers

;D

Offline Jesse Pinkman

• Main Stander
« Reply #71703 on: July 27, 2023, 04:59:46 am »
I think Its because they only think of Arteta in terms of the team he has now, and this team hasnt won anything. That cup win was an incredible achievement with a bunch of bang average misfits, to beat man city and chelsea . We won it with the likes of Pepe Maitland Niles Bellerin Holding Ceballos and Luiz all starters.

I remember that final. It was a tactical masterclass in counter-attacking football. He didn't go toe-to-toe, the shape was narrow and compact, and Arsenal broke with pace.
On Sterling:
Were spurs not happy to pay like £7-9m for him? I'd be giving Levy a call tonight to give him an option buy.
He's so over rated its ridiculous. Every time he plays he looks completely out of his depth and has done for about 9 months now.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71704 on: July 27, 2023, 06:02:14 am »
Very entertaining match , 5-3 against Barca. Plenty of good football by both teams, but both defences couldnt cope. Some nice goals too.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71705 on: July 27, 2023, 06:29:55 am »
Very entertaining match , 5-3 against Barca. Plenty of good football by both teams, but both defences couldnt cope. Some nice goals too.
why did rice not play?

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71706 on: July 27, 2023, 06:35:51 am »
why did rice not play?

Probably went up some mountain to find inner peace.

They wanted him to watch from the sideline to learn how the team presses. Football that doesn’t involve around his team camped in their own box seems alien to him.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71707 on: July 27, 2023, 06:48:50 am »
Probably went up some mountain to find inner peace.

They wanted him to watch from the sideline to learn how the team presses. Football that doesn’t involve around his team camped in their own box seems alien to him.
That makes sense. Wonder how fast arteta going play him then

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71708 on: July 27, 2023, 08:02:21 am »

I think he ll be excellent once he learns the role. If it was man city, hed spend a season on the sidelines learning it. I dont think we can bench a £100m player though.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71709 on: July 27, 2023, 08:05:18 am »
From the start.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71710 on: July 27, 2023, 08:07:49 am »
I think he ll be excellent once he learns the role. If it was man city, hed spend a season on the sidelines learning it. I dont think we can bench a £100m player though.
Fabinho didnt start regularly till the cl game match week 9(PL) irc for Liverpool. He started vs Chelsea in the league cup. He didnt even play off the bench till matchweek 8 or something
Im not sure I would play him at all in august expect off the bench.
I dont think it will be the whole season but sept is when CL starts might be worth just slowly bring him along

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #71711 on: July 27, 2023, 08:56:36 am »
Rice will need rinsing of all his starchy Moyesness before he starts to cook at Arsenal, otherwise he will just clog up the midfield and be a bit shit.

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71712 on: July 27, 2023, 09:30:58 am »
Rice will need rinsing of all his starchy Moyesness before he starts to cook at Arsenal, otherwise he will just clog up the midfield and be a bit shit.

Needs electric shock treatment , clockwork orange style , "You are not a dog of war, pass the fucking ball"

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #71713 on: July 27, 2023, 09:49:21 am »
Arteta might well be tactically and technically good enough to be competing at the top. But does he have the mentaliteh?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71714 on: July 27, 2023, 09:52:10 am »
why did rice not play?

In all seriousness, a precaution with a tight calf supposedly.

Was struggling to sleep so managed to watch the 2nd half. Mental game that could have easily been 8-6!  :o

Offline Mahern

• Kopite
« Reply #71715 on: July 27, 2023, 03:20:43 pm »
I just hope he adapts quick, its a lot of money to pay for someone who says he doesnt know football.

In fairness Southgate is as bad as Moyes, Rice has never really come across anyone that coaches attacking football.

Yep I was going to edit and add Southgate in there - the lad hasn't had a lot to choose from to date (should have stayed with Ireland) so will be interesting to see how he progresses.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71716 on: July 27, 2023, 11:19:06 pm »
In all seriousness, a precaution with a tight calf supposedly.

yea makes sense play it safe

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #71717 on: July 28, 2023, 05:41:48 am »

#Deccers
Amazing :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71718 on: July 28, 2023, 08:44:03 am »
Amazing :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

It is hilarious to be fair.

I suspect someone hacked Yorky's account.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #71719 on: July 28, 2023, 09:28:56 am »
It is hilarious to be fair.

I suspect someone hacked Yorky's account.
Are you new here? Welcome :wave