Author Topic: PL: Wolves 3 vs 0 Liverpool og 5’ Dawson 12’  (Read 41029 times)

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
Re: PL: Wolves 3 vs 0 Liverpool og 5’ Dawson 12’
« Reply #840 on: February 4, 2023, 09:17:53 pm »
Reckon a prime John Scales would be useful to us right now.
I'll take Billy the Fish any day of the week.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #841 on: February 4, 2023, 09:17:56 pm »
Christ Almighty. What is wrong with you?
Our performances have been shocking even against the worst teams.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #842 on: February 4, 2023, 09:19:43 pm »
I'll take Billy the Fish any day of the week.

We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #843 on: February 4, 2023, 09:19:45 pm »

Razor Ruddock and his pound coin would get a game.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #844 on: February 4, 2023, 09:22:50 pm »
Conceded 2.0xg to Wolves … about the 20th game in a row where we’re over 1.5xg against … it’s relegation level defensively

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #845 on: February 4, 2023, 09:23:16 pm »
love klopp and hope he stays - but this can't be an actual realistic excuse

who was it that said when he was being accused of being lucky with a golf shot said something like 'funny that, the more i play the luckier i get'

Gary Player I believe.

Fucking hate golf.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #846 on: February 4, 2023, 09:24:30 pm »

he knew his plaice in the team
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #847 on: February 4, 2023, 09:24:34 pm »
This is a post match thread, so it will be short sighted. But it sure is dire at the moment. Lots of older and tired players that now need to collectively find their football playing boots and fucking get a grip. Don’t like those odds.

Klopp of course needs to evaluate himself and those closest around himself, a good few times ti be honest. After that I am looking forward to seeing Jurgen on the side again fist bumping to the anfield crowd. Remember his good old sprints across the pitch? The one where someone broke his glasses.

We need a serious overhaul. Players, staff, owners. I’m ok if Klopp realised he had to get rid of every single player more or less right now.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #848 on: February 4, 2023, 09:25:16 pm »
Gary Player I believe.

Fucking hate golf.

cheers for that
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #849 on: February 4, 2023, 09:25:50 pm »
Conceded 2.0xg to Wolves … about the 20th game in a row where we’re over 1.5xg against … it’s relegation level defensively

You go on about this a lot Jack, but we can't win games while we are not scoring either.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #850 on: February 4, 2023, 09:26:25 pm »
Get rid of everyone except Alisson.

Offline n00bert

• Legacy Fan
  • Born a Red, die a Red. 4-2-3-1 Ultra. DM sceptic.
« Reply #851 on: February 4, 2023, 09:29:54 pm »
Looking at the game within the game - the bright spark that was the start of the second half shouldn’t be understated if we’re looking at stuff to build off.

The biggest difference was, IMO, how much wider Trent was on a whole for that 25 mins. When we went to 424 he came inside once again which just meant we didn’t create shit. Can we just set up the way we did for the start of that second half every game now? It just seems naturally more compact and the passing lanes seem to magically close and it seems like we press better in that shape.

Also, I think that 25 mins was the most Mo Salah in Mo Salah type positions I had seen in awhile. Sure he didn’t score but his starting position, his finishing position and his overall involvement increased. More of that please.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #852 on: February 4, 2023, 09:30:25 pm »
Get rid of everyone except Alisson.

Sell every overpaid ungrateful fucker who can’t be arsed before Klopp.
Klopp should be the last man standing at this club.

The players have let him down royally. I don’t care who it is anymore if you can’t fucking defend basic set pieces and can’t get away a decent shot on goal then get them the fuck out of here. I don’t care who it is and how much money they’re on. Nobody is above the club.
YWNA

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #853 on: February 4, 2023, 09:33:08 pm »

We're in big trouble if it continues.  Been happening for ages now.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #854 on: February 4, 2023, 09:33:51 pm »
Anyone have a link for Jurgen telling Burger Head to get fucked at the press conference?
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #855 on: February 4, 2023, 09:36:29 pm »
Who gives a fuck about Madrid right now? More concerned with being turned over by fucking Everton. United coming up soon as well, or Newcastle away.

I couldn't give a shit about the Madrid tie, just want a respectable finish in the league.

We all care about the derby but let’s be honest Madrid is a big game they are are likely to beat us but I tune in hoping we do the business and whilst we are in it we have a chance I believe that.

It sounds mental after we got smashed by Brentford Brighton Wolves but you gotta have some hope otherwise what is the point

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #856 on: February 4, 2023, 09:36:58 pm »
Play Trent in midfield for the remaining games this season.

Can we PLEASE stop with this clamour to play Trent in midfield. When pressed and in tight spaces, Trent isn't a good passer of the ball. He's great from wide when he has time and space to ping a ball 60 yards or whip a ball in, but people go on about him as if he's Modric or Iniesta. There's a reason Klopp hasnt played him there and I haven't even mentioned the HUGE hole he'd leave in the middle when he wanders forward and doesnt come back. 

It isn't happening, so can everyone please stop suggesting it.

Here's a better idea....buy a Central Midfielder, who ya know, is an actual Central Midfielder!  :wave
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #857 on: February 4, 2023, 09:38:20 pm »
You go on about this a lot Jack, but we can't win games while we are not scoring either.

In fairness the squad is a left sided attacker light

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #858 on: February 4, 2023, 09:38:35 pm »

Prunella would shore up our defence.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #859 on: February 4, 2023, 09:39:33 pm »
We no longer have the players to play any of the blueprints we've deployed previously (almost all a variation on a theme)

Surely there's no point playing 3 attackers when the midfield is so shite and immobile they get swamped, so the front 3 rarely get good ball (and even when they do, they're so stunningly out of form they don't score).

The need for pragmatism is obvious to me.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #860 on: February 4, 2023, 09:39:48 pm »
The issue we have is that we have a big number of games still to play. If this was April then ok we could see the end in sight. But it’s 4th Feb and in this absence of anything from the club in terms of a plan or direction of travel, things can quite clearly get worse.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #861 on: February 4, 2023, 09:40:58 pm »

Would that be because of the two errors from our CBs or because we were shite?

What was our xg for?

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #862 on: February 4, 2023, 09:40:58 pm »
Prunella would shore up our defence.

Doubt it.

Its so Fawlty I'm not sure she would make a difference.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #863 on: February 4, 2023, 09:42:45 pm »
The most irrelevant post I have seen in my life.

How is it irrelevant we have posters creating this myth that Klopp is this all-consuming power that gets everything he wants at Liverpool.

The Werner deal proves that not to be the case.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #864 on: February 4, 2023, 09:46:08 pm »
Time to stop arguing over how we got here and try and wonder how the fuck we're going to put a halt to this current run of performance/form and most importantly results. Where do we go with what we've got because repeating this dross week after week will put us into a relegation fight.

Our last 5 games have returned the same points as the Bluenoses. That is scary shit.

All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #865 on: February 4, 2023, 09:47:43 pm »

Before the World Cup we were 18th in big chances conceded. It's only got worse in terms of XG since.

Swap Ali for a shit keeper (or give him David James's Nintendo) and we'd be in big trouble.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #866 on: February 4, 2023, 09:48:28 pm »
The thing is, we've had this 'perception' of players before on RAWK, with previous squads under previous managers. Every club forum has these sorts of discussions and perceptions of players 'not trying', 'lacking passion', 'can't be arsed': much more often than it really happens. But when a squad is in trouble - chronic lack of confidence, loss of belief in methods or coaching, internal divisions, whatever - that's what it looks like. Players hesitate, lose their touch, mishit passes, play safe, get nervous. It's not lack of effort, it's just human nature. The answer is virtually never that all (or nearly all) of the players are 'phoning it in' all at the same time.

Something is wrong. A lot of stuff is not working.

As you state many players have become nervous, and mistakes are happening. Confidence is shot.

But surely in times like this you play your leaders?
VVD is injured, but surely we use Henderson more, and Milner if possible, to get through this, even despite their form?
 Their job on the pitch should be to bring us through this patch.
Instead they're nowhere to be seen.

I look at that team today, and there is not one leader. They're all 'soft' (if I may be allowed to use this word) They crumble at the first bit of pressure, and don't appear to be able to find solutions to get out of it.
They're all looking at each other, and there's no one to lead. (look at the difference casimero has made to Utd) Bellingham alone will not solve this issue.
We need leaders. We can't expect him to be that at such a young age.

As for Salah, he's suffering from poor service, but he's also in a comfort zone as such. I think he thrived in his 'competition' or 'rivalry' with Manι. He wanted to be number 1. Now he knows he is, because there is no competition.

We need to solve this period of poor form immediately. Get back to basics, and hopefully we find a lucky break somewhere.
That can make a huge difference in a game. When was the last time we got a penalty? Correct me if I am wrong, but we haven't got a penalty in the league this season!!! (Utd today got one, and all of a sudden palace are broken, and Utd go on to win the game)
  Luck makes a difference, and by God we need it. I genuinely believe we are the worst team in the league at the moment.
I trust Klopp to sort this out, but our leaders need to be allowed to stand up too.

Offline Red1976

• Main Stander
« Reply #867 on: February 4, 2023, 09:49:24 pm »
There is something very, very wrong at the moment. Little creativity, cannot defend, cannot score many goals, the list goes on.  Yet, again we had a very slow start at Molineux, which has been a constant theme throughout the season.  Have the players stopped listening to Klopp or are they just not giving a shit??!

IMO too many players have had their day and Klopp must let them go and refresh. But that will cost at least £200 million. I have defended FSG regarding spending,  but this summer will the crunch - now they must spend, spend, spend ££££.

Also, Klopp must change -he has been way too loyal to too many players. 
« Last Edit: February 4, 2023, 09:50:59 pm by Red1976 »

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #868 on: February 4, 2023, 09:52:40 pm »

Very true. We're absolutely toothless up top. I'm one of Mo's biggest fans and backed the lad a lot last season when he was getting pelters for not signing his contract, but his attitude and performances this season have been a disgrace. I'd love to see Nunez try and place the ball in a corner of the goal instead of trying to absolutely leather it straight at the keeper. I haven't seen enough of Gakpo apart from what i've seen of him here but I'm struggling to understand what his key attributes are - he doesn't seem quick, doesn't have a fierce shot, doesn't really press and cant beat a man. Diaz is so much better on the LW.

Then if you look at the midfield options, there's nobody in there that is likely to score. Ox? Keita? Jones? Harvey? Hendo? Carvalho? Thiago? Fabinho? Milner? Bajcetic?

We lack pace, creativity, invention, spark, or whatever word you want to associate with 'exciting' that can unlock a defence, change the pace of the game and cause teams problems.

Our best chance today was a 1v1 for Nunez that he spurned, but it was 70 yard lump ball directly over their defender through on goal and not inventive play.

As I said earlier, we're abysmal defensively, lethargic, spineless & lack creativity in midfield & we're toothless up top. It really is grim. Thank fuck we have the best goalkeeper in the world! :'(
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #869 on: February 4, 2023, 09:52:57 pm »
We’re the easiest team in the league to play against. The Anfield Index Under Pressure podcast said teams are no longer hitting the ball long against us because we no longer press competently there’s no need for them to hit it long.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #870 on: February 4, 2023, 09:55:03 pm »
Another depressing result and performance. Looked like we hadn't even been coached during the week. We're a banter club at the moment.

Honestly, after the Madrid games, there'll be no point in watching us for the rest of the season. I really can't see why you would? Definition of midtable.

Pretty pissed off about this one.

If you can't support us when we are losing then don't support us when we are winning.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #871 on: February 4, 2023, 09:57:19 pm »

Horrifying stuff.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #872 on: February 4, 2023, 09:58:03 pm »

Squakwa - "Liverpool have now lost more Premier League games this season (7) than they did during the 2018/19, 2019/20 and 2021/22 season COMBINED. "

The drop off has been astonishing.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #873 on: February 4, 2023, 09:58:44 pm »
And this is us being pragmatic and more defensive!!
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online CS111

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #874 on: February 4, 2023, 10:01:07 pm »
Very true. We're absolutely toothless up top. I'm one of Mo's biggest fans and backed the lad a lot last season when he was getting pelters for not signing his contract, but his attitude and performances this season have been a disgrace. I'd love to see Nunez try and place the ball in a corner of the goal instead of trying to absolutely leather it straight at the keeper. I haven't seen enough of Gakpo apart from what i've seen of him here but I'm struggling to understand what his key attributes are - he doesn't seem quick, doesn't have a fierce shot, doesn't really press and cant beat a man. Diaz is so much better on the LW.

Then if you look at the midfield options, there's nobody in there that is likely to score. Ox? Keita? Jones? Harvey? Hendo? Carvalho? Thiago? Fabinho? Milner? Bajcetic?

We lack pace, creativity, invention, spark, or whatever word you want to associate with 'exciting' that can unlock a defence, change the pace of the game and cause teams problems.

Our best chance today was a 1v1 for Nunez that he spurned, but it was 70 yard lump ball directly over their defender through on goal and not inventive play.

As I said earlier, we're abysmal defensively, lethargic, spineless & lack creativity in midfield & we're toothless up top. It really is grim. Thank fuck we have the best goalkeeper in the world! :'(

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #875 on: February 4, 2023, 10:02:41 pm »
Anyone have a link for Jurgen telling Burger Head to get fucked at the press conference?
https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldTalk/status/1621932450489270274
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
« Reply #877 on: February 4, 2023, 10:05:52 pm »
My Jaysis, that was horrendous...
the first goal was unlucky in some ways with the deflection, but the defending all game was fucking hideous.
Fell asunder as a team.. They played well for a good bit after half time, but so brittle. C'mon lads dig in FFS!!
I am not a dreamer. I am a football romantic-Jurgen Klopp

Offline **** The Pain Away.

• the cat who went all Yusuf Islam
  • Kopite
  • "We are the real people's club."
Meh...

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #879 on: February 4, 2023, 10:09:01 pm »
Stupidest thing I have seen in a while.

Nah, Jurgen doesn't owe that shill an answer.