Author Topic: Elon Musk  (Read 77245 times)

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Elon Musk
« Reply #360 on: November 13, 2022, 06:05:56 pm »
are those tweets done via a fake tweet generator? or are they actual tweets from mock accounts that have paid to be verified?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #361 on: November 13, 2022, 06:09:49 pm »
Why?  For what purpose?  We wont be around in a billion years time, anyway.  The Earth is approximately 4.5 billions years old, and it's got approximately another 4.5 billion years left.  We'll be extinct long before then.

The Universe will still be going in 4.5 billion years.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: November 13, 2022, 06:18:45 pm »

Unless we're all Boltzmann Brains.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #363 on: November 13, 2022, 06:22:09 pm »
Can't we build a spaceship, maybe even some sort of ark and just chuck a whole bunch of pairs of animals on board and move there? It worked about 4,000 years ago and it allowed us to get to where we are today.  ::)
I would suggest a smaller spacecraft for just one pair of animals - Trump and Johnson.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #364 on: November 13, 2022, 06:26:18 pm »
Hahahah that fake tweets are fucking class!

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: November 13, 2022, 08:27:03 pm »

Yes, but humans wont be.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #366 on: November 13, 2022, 08:31:00 pm »
are those tweets done via a fake tweet generator? or are they actual tweets from mock accounts that have paid to be verified?

Mock accounts (or accounts who have changed their name) that paid the $8 to be verfied. The tweets are real.

Musk hadn't a clue what he was doing when he introduced it. He doesn't seem to know the ins and outs of his new $44b business - or the consequences of his actions.

This is real...

^ Musk corrected again for making a rather disingenuous reply (at best) to Bernie. No apology or retraction from Musk that I can see... instead Musk has instead just simply deleted the 'fact check' correction from twitter (as he seemingly has on his other disproven claims in his tweets)...

People are now asking Musk why he has been deleting some of his disproven claims / deleting the twitter 'fact check' corrections...

https://twitter.com/brent_peabody/status/1591817016167796736

« Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 10:59:29 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: November 13, 2022, 08:34:19 pm »
I would suggest a smaller spacecraft for just one pair of animals - Trump and Johnson.

I'm sure we could also make room for their kids.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: November 13, 2022, 08:52:50 pm »

Did you read Musk's Tweet response to the Senator? :o

Musk's Tweet:
Elon Musk
@elonmusk
·
5h
Replying to
@SenMarkey
 and
@washingtonpost
Perhaps it is because your real account sounds like a parody?

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1591813228119855104
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: November 13, 2022, 08:56:18 pm »
He's not making many friends, is he? 

Popcorn's Art

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #370 on: November 13, 2022, 09:06:37 pm »
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1591813228119855104

Musk probably can't tell if it is a real account or not ;)

Musk joking about parodies right now? Wow...

www.axios.com/2022/11/13/musk-mocks-senator-markey-twitter

^ 'Senator Markey shot back Sunday afternoon, telling Musk: "One of your companies is under an FTC consent decree. Auto safety watchdog NHTSA is investigating another for killing people." & "And you’re spending your time picking fights online. Fix your companies. Or Congress will," he added.' Good on Markey.

Musk is publicly feuding with a sitting US Senator on Twitter - a Senator who voiced concern that someone was able to set up a verified account impersonating the senator (as a result of Musk's ignorance of his own platform). Advertisers and investors (to say nothing of the regular users) will not continue if musk continues along these lines.

Seriously, Musk continues to prove what an utter clueless, classless prick he is.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 09:29:55 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: November 13, 2022, 09:50:00 pm »
oojason,

I have to wonder if Musk is having some kind of breakdown. This is way beyond anything normal. He's destroying a company be bought only a couple of weeks ago for 44bn. Have any of the other investors broke rank yet and stated anything publicly? They all might be c*nts, but, presumably, they are greedy c*nts and not stupid.
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #372 on: November 13, 2022, 10:20:48 pm »
oojason,

I have to wonder if Musk is having some kind of breakdown. This is way beyond anything normal. He's destroying a company be bought only a couple of weeks ago for 44bn. Have any of the other investors broke rank yet and stated anything publicly? They all might be c*nts, but, presumably, they are greedy c*nts and not stupid.

You're probably right, mate - he could well be having some sort of breakdown - decision making or other issues - who knows...?

I imagine they'll (investors and advisors) be letting Musk know their concerns know come opening hours Monday morning - if not already.

He does seem to be completely taken aback by the verification misfire - and the fallout from it. Firing key personnel, the people who knew the business - from the IT side to analysis - really hasn't helped. Either in steadying the ship and heading issues off, through to actually cleaning up the mess on twitter itself... all of which are a result of Musk's actions. No-one else.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: November 13, 2022, 10:34:52 pm »
Musk probably can't tell if it is a real account or not ;)

Musk joking about parodies right now? Wow...

www.axios.com/2022/11/13/musk-mocks-senator-markey-twitter

^ 'Senator Markey shot back Sunday afternoon, telling Musk: "One of your companies is under an FTC consent decree. Auto safety watchdog NHTSA is investigating another for killing people." & "And you’re spending your time picking fights online. Fix your companies. Or Congress will," he added.' Good on Markey.

Musk is publicly feuding with a sitting US Senator on Twitter - a Senator who voiced concern that someone was able to set up a verified account impersonating the senator (as a result of Musk's ignorance of his own platform). Advertisers and investors (to say nothing of the regular users) will not continue if musk continues along these lines.

Seriously, Musk continues to prove what an utter clueless, classless prick he is.

Yep, this is what I meant. Two golden rules - don't piss off the judge at your trial, and don't piss off politicians who can investigate you.

This is a guy clearly far too used to getting his own way and having things run smoothly. He can't handle unexpected situations well. Reacting like some stroppy teenager to powerful people is not a suitable response.

I don't think he's having a breakdown - yet. But he clearly thought this was going to be easy, and he has too much of an ego to admit he's fucked up. Something will give eventually.

Can he be removed as head of twitter?

Popcorn's Art

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: November 13, 2022, 10:47:31 pm »
oojason,

Look he just could be an unhinged dick who knows.
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: November 13, 2022, 11:23:53 pm »
Yeah I'm not noticing any particular change in behaviour lately. It's just he isn't as insulated from more immediate consequences on social media than he has been in other misadventures/schemes/libel/fraud

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: November 14, 2022, 12:28:03 am »
Does Musk not realise that the Dems just held the senate? Probably time for him to switch sides again. He obviously thinks he can keep doubling down like Don did, but he hasn't got the cult points to pull it off. Popcorn's ready...

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: November 14, 2022, 08:01:58 am »
I think he was probably always that. But his recent behaviour seems reckless.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: November 14, 2022, 09:00:40 am »
I think he was probably always that. But his recent behaviour seems reckless.

I'm not an expert on mental health or neuro diversity, but speaking from personal experience I feel I struggle outside of a stable environment or one I feel I can control easily.  I can have problems regulating my emotional responses, especially to unexpected negative situations. I can experience brain lock, dissociation or emotional outbursts (especially if I've been drinking on the latter).

Could be that doubling down is Musk's conditioned response or natural defense mechanism - it could literally be the only way he knows how to react. But he must have advisors or a support team. Then again, I guess they can't just snatch his phone out of his hands. He's turned almost the entire Twitterverse against him.

It's often the same with such people. The more control they try to exercise, the less they actually have. Musk bought the internet equivalent of the Black Lagoon, and now he can't handle that it's full of creatures.

Popcorn's Art

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #379 on: November 14, 2022, 09:04:58 am »
I'm not an expert on mental health or neuro diversity, but speaking from personal experience I feel I struggle outside of a stable environment or one I feel I can control easily.  I can have problems regulating my emotional responses, especially to unexpected negative situations. I can experience brain lock, dissociation or emotional outbursts (especially if I've been drinking on the latter).

Could be that doubling down is Musk's conditioned response or natural defense mechanism - it could literally be the only way he knows how to react. But he must have advisors or a support team. Then again, I guess they can't just snatch his phone out of his hands. He's turned almost the entire Twitterverse against him.

It's often the same with such people. The more control they try to exercise, the less they actually have. Musk bought the internet equivalent of the Black Lagoon, and now he can't handle that it's full of creatures.

;D

The real creature of the Black Lagoon gave me nightmares as a kid.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: November 14, 2022, 09:21:02 am »

Having occasionally - thankfully only occasionally - come across similar characters in business and personal life, those advisors generally evolve into, or are replaced by, "yes men" as the figurehead grows more successful and more confident.  Riding the coat-tails of somebody like Musk is surely a lot easier and more financially rewarding than trying to reason against his seemingly impulsive decisions.

Once the dust settles I still think Twitter will be massive as people are too invested and there's no obvious, yet at least, rival to jump ship to.  Eventually Musk will step back as he'll surely want to focus more on his other businesses, a competent leadership team will be appointed and Twitter will return to being a loss-making but highly strategic asset.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: November 14, 2022, 10:12:41 am »
More cuts

Casey Newton
@CaseyNewton
Update: company sources tell me that yesterday Twitter eliminated ~4,400 of its ~5,500 contract employees, with cuts expected to have significant impact to content moderation and the core infrastructure services that keep the site up and running.

People inside are stunned.
4:41 AM · Nov 14, 2022
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #382 on: November 14, 2022, 11:30:20 am »
Having occasionally - thankfully only occasionally - come across similar characters in business and personal life, those advisors generally evolve into, or are replaced by, "yes men" as the figurehead grows more successful and more confident.  Riding the coat-tails of somebody like Musk is surely a lot easier and more financially rewarding than trying to reason against his seemingly impulsive decisions.

Once the dust settles I still think Twitter will be massive as people are too invested and there's no obvious, yet at least, rival to jump ship to.  Eventually Musk will step back as he'll surely want to focus more on his other businesses, a competent leadership team will be appointed and Twitter will return to being a loss-making but highly strategic asset.

“Meta” definitely seems to be trying to make Instagram more like Twitter. I joined years ago just as a place to share photos & now it’s got TikTok-like data chewing auto videos & comments sections full of bots spreading grievances, disinformation & discord. Most “celebrities”/blue ticks already seem to have their team post the same content across platforms so it would be very easy to ditch Twitter or perhaps just use as a redirect?
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #383 on: November 14, 2022, 11:31:56 am »
More cuts

It’s like our government’s ideological austerity-a drop in the ocean that’s not going to fix the big problem.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #384 on: November 14, 2022, 12:04:42 pm »
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #385 on: November 14, 2022, 12:08:14 pm »
Yes, but humans wont be.

You never know

(Off topic but..)

Check out Stephen Baxter and the Manifold Triology

Manifold: Time, Manifold: Space, Manifold Origin
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #386 on: November 15, 2022, 05:17:04 pm »

'Twitter engineer calls out Elon Musk for technical BS in unusual career move':-

Bro do u even GraphQL?

When Elon Musk promised to improve Twitter's technical performance at the weekend, it was one of the company's own engineers who rubbished the new CEO's claims. Then a stampede of software engineers trundled in to support their comrade.

www.theregister.com/2022/11/14/musk_twitter_rpc_spat/

'Software engineer legend Grady Booch even joined the debate, saying the discussion provided "more evidence that @elonmusk is profoundly incompetent when it comes to leading an organization built around a software-intensive web-centric system at global elastic scale."'

^ as ever with El Reg, the comment section is always worth a read too - https://forums.theregister.com/forum/all/2022/11/14/musk_twitter_rpc_spat

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: November 15, 2022, 05:48:41 pm »

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #388 on: November 15, 2022, 05:52:06 pm »

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #389 on: November 15, 2022, 05:59:09 pm »
Thanks mate - my 'copy and paste' skills are on the wane ;D

Hi Elon.

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #390 on: November 15, 2022, 06:35:31 pm »
Hi Elon.

You're fired!!!

(just kidding - love you, man)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #391 on: November 15, 2022, 08:39:26 pm »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #392 on: November 15, 2022, 09:45:18 pm »

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: November 15, 2022, 10:34:50 pm »

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: November 16, 2022, 03:22:00 pm »
I expect Musk wanted to lift the ban on Trump assuming the mid terms would be successful for the Republicans, however now that a lot of people are trying to distance themselves from Trump, he might try and save face and not jump into lifting straight away

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #396 on: November 16, 2022, 03:35:00 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2022/nov/16/elon-musk-gives-twitter-staff-deadline-to-commit-to-being-hardcore

Nightmare level boss.

Yeah i'd leave in a heartbeat. If you're good enough to be coding for Twitter you're good enough to secure a good job in 3 months.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #397 on: November 16, 2022, 03:43:43 pm »
To be fair, silicon valley mantra is the very same.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: November 16, 2022, 03:47:00 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: November 16, 2022, 04:00:11 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2022/nov/16/elon-musk-gives-twitter-staff-deadline-to-commit-to-being-hardcore

Nightmare level boss.

Musk been a complete muppet aside, is that even legal? Like, how do you measure hardcore work performance? I’m sure there are employment lawyers rubbing their hands in glee at moment (recruiters too).