Author Topic: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)  (Read 1015342 times)

Offline JohnSullie

• van, missing in burma, any news contact Dave, Grace n' Terry
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome Darwin Núñez !!!
« Reply #360 on: June 18, 2022, 07:56:27 am »
Nurse!
I'm here, whats the problem  😀, do I need to take some blood pressures?

Offline KloppRoy

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #361 on: June 18, 2022, 08:04:21 am »
Why we all worried about what certain members have written. We know we have the best manager and recruitment team in the league if not world. Its great and exciting and anyone who doesnt think so isnt a real fan or not worth argueing with. I cant wait to see him in a red shirt. A center forward wow. New systems new ideas. Thats what lifes about. klopp isnt scared.

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
« Reply #362 on: June 18, 2022, 10:25:41 am »
I'm here, whats the problem  😀, do I need to take some blood pressures?

We need more asthma pumps
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline Red1976

• Main Stander
« Reply #363 on: June 18, 2022, 03:04:51 pm »
Trent can’t defend, who is Matip, Alisson isn’t as good as ‘insert about 10 other goalies names here’, Keita is rubbish and a waste of money, Hendo can only pass sideweays, Milner is 80 years old, Thiago is passed it, Firmino never scores, Salah isn’t as good as you think he is, Diaz and Nunez come from a rubbish league and therefore aren’t very good.

All I can deduce from that is that Kloppo is the greatest coach in the world to get that bunch of missfits to win so much. Oh wait, Klopp’s rubbish too and is just a big personality with great hugs. 

I don’t know how we did it.

Yeah, it is baffling is it not lol  Seriously, of course there are a few doubts about Nunez, as he has not played in the premiership yet. Time will tell if Nunez is worth the money we paid for him, but Klopp, Edwards (now Ward) and FSG have been pretty good at buying players who have fitted our style and team. So I have belief that Nunez will turn out to be a great buy. 

Offline HomesickRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #364 on: June 18, 2022, 05:11:20 pm »
We've been tracking him for years and Klopp knows whether or not he can push on and he must have 100% belief he will, considering the money we have dropped to sign the lad. Suarez is claiming he told Barca to sign him when he was at Almeria, Luis will have seen him up close and knows how good the lad is.

Really cannot wait to see him in a Liverpool shirt.

Same as you, I can't wait to see him in a Liverpool shirt.
My one reservation has always been that even if he is a success, he may not necessarily be part of a team that scores more goals, or wins more games.
Scoring goals was not a problem that cost us the league. It was far more to do with the tactics in certain games and players in midfield.
For me, midfield was the priority last season and this remains the case. 12 months on from that and now, the ageing forward line needed refreshing, so although I am is to see Mane go, something had to give. We got a decent price for him, with hopefully more to come from Minamino, so that lessens the financial risk of the Nunez transfer.
Without a slight tweak to our tactics however, expecting Nunez to score when the ball is crossed from either wing and 30 yards out, might be asking too much.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: June 18, 2022, 07:22:34 pm »
Same as you, I can't wait to see him in a Liverpool shirt.
My one reservation has always been that even if he is a success, he may not necessarily be part of a team that scores more goals, or wins more games.
Scoring goals was not a problem that cost us the league. It was far more to do with the tactics in certain games and players in midfield.
For me, midfield was the priority last season and this remains the case. 12 months on from that and now, the ageing forward line needed refreshing, so although I am is to see Mane go, something had to give. We got a decent price for him, with hopefully more to come from Minamino, so that lessens the financial risk of the Nunez transfer.
Without a slight tweak to our tactics however, expecting Nunez to score when the ball is crossed from either wing and 30 yards out, might be asking too much.

Midfield is deffo an area the boss wants to address, but as we've seen, he'll only buy the right players, so we'll just have to be patient. What I did feel needed addressing in our forwards is we needed something different. I remember the Derby and how we struggled and how Div coming on changed the game, Nunez is going to give the Div option but better is my feeling. The lack of goals in the 3 finals was also a worry, hopefully Nunez can address that.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #366 on: June 18, 2022, 07:53:49 pm »
was blown away by his performance at anfield and was worried he was linked with Man Utd before us this summer, I personally think he is gonna be massive for us, brilliant off the ball movement in behind, a fast transition player, I think Jurgen turns this kid into an awesome player for Liverpool.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: June 19, 2022, 01:27:22 pm »
The story has been told in different ways - but this is a great read:

https://www.espn.com/soccer/liverpool-engliverpool/story/4687778/liverpools-100m-striker-darwin-nunez-and-his-premier-league-journey-against-the-odds

We really target a certain type of player these days.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #368 on: June 19, 2022, 06:13:27 pm »
One of the big, and very interesting, but possibly unethical questions I have is who will be the bigger breakaway success next year out of Nunez and Diaz?. Will Nunez be eased in to the front line over the first part of the season?. Diaz settled in rapidly in some senses, but we still want to see the enormous potential goal flood he has in him be released. I think that will come after his first pre season with Klopp and the backroom. Will Nunez also start rippling the net soon after the season opens?. Nice questions to await answers to - and I called it unethical because they should be working as a team. With the Suarez Mane thing, I wondered if they would have been more prolific if they were expected to weigh up the most likely scorer and work to get the goals for the team rather than their own tally sometimes. I know I saw that in a few matches last season, and the 2nd half of it had less league goals from us than other half seasons for a while. There were numerous shots where the pass would have had a higher expectancy of us scoring. Or do you let the natural selfishness of a Striker make it's own success. Also will the five subs mean Bobby and Jota rack up great numbers by coming on when opposition legs are tired late in games?. To say nothing of what Mo will do.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 06:16:46 pm by markedasred »
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: June 20, 2022, 01:56:08 am »
I have a good feeling about Nunez. When I look at him at the pitch, I get vibes about Torres or Cavani at their peak. No player is a guaranteed success, but the idea of Jurgen developing young Darwin is amazing ...

Offline BriarcliffInmate

• Kemlynite
  • I like football the way I like my politics: Red.
    • Radical Red Review
« Reply #370 on: June 20, 2022, 01:56:19 am »
You know what I love about our business now? Klopp runs such a tight ship and I have such faith in his ability, I can literally just go looking through a new signing's instagram/twitter and have fun. In the past, I'd be watching compilations and looking at stats and worrying. Now I just want to know about them as a person and if they're sound. They usually are!
"This club has been my life. I’d go out and sweep the street and be proud to do it for Liverpool FC if they asked me to." - Bob Paisley

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: June 20, 2022, 08:12:59 am »
I have a good feeling about Nunez. When I look at him at the pitch, I get vibes about Torres or Cavani at their peak. No player is a guaranteed success, but the idea of Jurgen developing young Darwin is amazing ...

think it will take a while for him to get going. maybe a dry patch like crouchy when he joined but eventually when he is comfortable with himself and the speed of play we might see goals flowing in left, right and centre

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #372 on: June 20, 2022, 01:05:58 pm »

This is it for me. I'm no expert eye when it comes to spotting talent, but I believe Klopp and his staff are. All I know is Diaz and Nunez were a pain in the arse when they played us, and they stood out. They'll have been on the club's radar long before that, though.

Anyway, I don't doubt that Nunez, like Diaz, is a rough diamond, but the best manager in the world at polishing such gems is sitting in his office at Anfield. As you said, there are no guarantees, but being developed by Klopp and LFC means the chances of success go up dramatically.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: June 20, 2022, 02:01:20 pm »
Have seen social media awash with "Nunez will flop" type crap over the past 2 days, like the planet suddenly becomes flooded with expert talent spotters or some such. Literally the fleas of the internet, pointless and factless smear, based on a slightly higher fee we have paid. If Nunez was £40m then noone would be saying anything. Literally baffling how people think.

He will have great games and the odd bad game, every player does.

And the mad thing is that the agenda/narrative will be set by the first five or ten games regardless of a six year contract.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: June 20, 2022, 02:02:27 pm »
think it will take a while for him to get going. maybe a dry patch like crouchy when he joined but eventually when he is comfortable with himself and the speed of play we might see goals flowing in left, right and centre

I think he'll score against Fulham if he starts.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: June 20, 2022, 03:07:50 pm »
Luis Suarez:

"He will write his own story at Liverpool. He is Uruguayan and he is a forward but that is where the comparisons stop - he is a special player and doesn't need to be compared with anybody."

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: June 20, 2022, 05:54:39 pm »
Luis Suarez:

"He will write his own story at Liverpool. He is Uruguayan and he is a forward but that is where the comparisons stop - he is a special player and doesn't need to be compared with anybody."

Just imagine if Nunez becomes as good as the crazy bastard ;D

Luis Suarez on Darwin Nunez:

“He is going to a great club with one of the best coaches in the world, players he can learn off, and of course those special fans. I can be there to offer him advice about England and about the style of play.”
« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 08:58:10 pm by PeterTheRed »

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #377 on: June 20, 2022, 09:16:56 pm »
Well, Luis has made the offer of help; just a question of whether Darwin will bite
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline _Redman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: June 20, 2022, 10:51:57 pm »
Anyone have a free access to this article and then post it on here??

Why Liverpool signed Nunez and how Klopp might switch to 4-2-3-1 to help him

https://theathletic.com/3364673/2022/06/20/darwin-nunez-transfer-liverpool

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: June 20, 2022, 10:53:59 pm »

Paste the article link on archive.ph

Offline _Redman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: June 20, 2022, 11:18:34 pm »
Paste the article link on archive.ph

thanks a lot mate

Offline BigCDump

• Kopite
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #381 on: June 20, 2022, 11:28:19 pm »
Just imagine if Nunez becomes as good as the crazy bastard ;D

Darwin would tell you Suarez was the missing link. In more ways than one.
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: June 24, 2022, 12:31:47 am »
Happy Birthday! He's 23 today.  :D

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #383 on: June 24, 2022, 12:34:05 am »
Hasn't kicked a ball for us and already a year older, sell him.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: June 24, 2022, 12:43:16 am »

Not only that - in 7 years he will be 30!

Laptop Edwards wouldn't have let this happen.

FSG OUT!

Offline Kop Kings

• Kopite
« Reply #385 on: June 24, 2022, 09:46:23 am »
He's done nothing since he's been here. Time to get rid

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: June 24, 2022, 09:48:22 am »
Already lost some value. Tsk tsk
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline M4tt

• Anny Roader
« Reply #387 on: June 24, 2022, 09:58:12 am »

good article. Lots of stuff transpired to bring him here!

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #388 on: June 24, 2022, 10:06:46 am »

+ theathletic.com: Why Liverpool signed Nunez and how Klopp might switch to 4-2-3-1 to help him

Liverpool’s scouts were called to a meeting at the AXA Training Centre in Kirkby last month, where prominent figures from the club’s recruitment department challenged them to improve.

A necessary message, apparently, not because standards have slipped but because of the fear they might.

The operation at Liverpool is one of the most respected in European football but this is a period of change, with Julian Ward taking over from Michael Edwards as sporting director.

The transition has been gradual and subtle rather than sudden and significant, but Ward cannot afford for any of the employees representing him in the field to let up — even if the division he now leads is earning more recognition for the stealth and speed at which it has brokered deals for Luis Diaz and Darwin Nunez across successive transfer windows.

Ward’s watchers were also impressed by Benfica’s Rafa Silva in the process of their research on Nunez and had the right-sided attacker been a few years younger, then maybe Mohamed Salah’s future would have become a little clearer.

Instead, the Portugal international — who turned 29 in May — remains in Lisbon and Salah will form part of a Liverpool forward line next season, which will pose new questions for rivals because of a redesign.

Like Ward, Jurgen Klopp does not think the team he leads is infallible. Last season, Liverpool found it harder against opponents like Tottenham Hotspur, whose point at Anfield tipped the title race in Manchester City’s favour. Spurs could have won that night, having defended well from their 18-yard line as a narrow back five, keeping the ball in front of them as much as possible before targeting the space left by Liverpool’s attacking full-backs.

As the campaign climaxed, Klopp’s tactical adjustments in each of Liverpool’s final two games were understandably lost as the story of the day switched towards City reclaiming the Premier League title and Real Madrid succeeding in the Champions League final.

Against Wolverhampton Wanderers, whose set-up was similar to Spurs, Liverpool had toiled until Klopp switched from the 4-3-3 formation to 4-2-3-1 with the introduction of Roberto Firmino as a No 10. Though Firmino’s touch was off for the remaining 20 minutes of the game, his presence freed up space for those around him. A 1-1 draw became a 3-1 victory – not that it seemed to really matter given the afternoon ended with celebrations in Manchester.

The following weekend in Paris, Klopp turned to Firmino again and he had more joy individually but could not change the course of the game. Carlo Ancelotti’s assessment of Liverpool’s predictability after Real Madrid’s victory was damming.

“It helped that Liverpool were easier to decipher than the others because they have a very clear identity and we could prepare the way that we did,” he said. “We knew what strategy to take — don’t give them space behind the defence to run into. Perhaps our football wasn’t extraordinarily beautiful on an aesthetic level, but playing out from the back to incentivise their pressing wasn’t a great idea.”

At Kirkby, it is still believed that Firmino’s touch is better than any other player. His capacity to connect team-mates and drag defenders around could prove to be vital if Klopp leads with 4-2-3-1 or leans on it when the going gets tough. The addition of Fabio Carvalho will also help Klopp in this area.

During his time as Liverpool’s manager, Klopp has deployed his team from the beginning of matches in a 4-3-3 formation on 300 occasions. Thirty-five times, he has used 4-2-3-1 and in 13 games, 4-4-2. This preference has led to Liverpool’s creation points being in the wide areas.

It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #389 on: June 24, 2022, 10:46:53 am »
Did we know he was going to be turning TWENTY THREE when we signed him? That only leaves us with about five years of pace goals. We're spiralling under Julian Ward already  :no
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: June 24, 2022, 11:14:48 am »

just yesterday he was 22, time flies

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #391 on: June 24, 2022, 11:16:52 am »
just yesterday he was 22, time flies

Ageing before our eyes. Worrying times.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #392 on: June 24, 2022, 11:30:49 am »
So he's aged a year in the ten days since we signed him  ::) At this rate he'll be 29 by the time the window closes and we'll need to be thinking about a replacement in January for the old fucker
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: June 24, 2022, 12:28:04 pm »
Did we know he was going to be turning TWENTY THREE when we signed him? That only leaves us with about five years of pace goals. We're spiralling under Julian Ward already  :no

Oh no! GOT will be all over this.  :-[

He's clearly close to be over the hill.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: June 24, 2022, 12:52:43 pm »
So he's aged a year in the ten days since we signed him  ::) At this rate he'll be 29 by the time the window closes and we'll need to be thinking about a replacement in January for the old fucker

Maybe even sooner,as we all know 27 is almost 30 and that's when their legs fall off.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: June 24, 2022, 12:54:28 pm »
Maybe even sooner,as we all know 27 is almost 30 and that's when their legs fall off.
We need to start signing players in primary school so we can get more years out of them.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #396 on: June 24, 2022, 02:23:49 pm »

Shares a birthday with Luis Garcia, lock him in for scoring a winner in a Champions League Final.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: June 24, 2022, 04:38:41 pm »
Working out on his holidays and birthday.

https://twitter.com/Darwinn99/status/1540351496453328897

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #398 on: June 24, 2022, 04:44:56 pm »
Someone needs to teach him how to wear his shorts properly.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: June 24, 2022, 04:49:28 pm »
Could do with a decent meal ffs.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?