Author Topic: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)  (Read 1015129 times)

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
Re: Welcome Darwin Núñez !!!
« Reply #240 on: June 16, 2022, 10:25:39 am »
With due respect to the history of the League and FA Cup, they are now equivalent in prestige to glorified friendlies like the Nations League.

That's obviously not true. But if it were true can you explain the bit about "with due respect."

"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline M4tt

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #241 on: June 16, 2022, 11:23:39 am »
With due respect to the history of the League and FA Cup, they are now equivalent in prestige to glorified friendlies like the Nations League.

Bastion Of Idiocy

Offline HenderSlav

• Boys Pen
« Reply #242 on: June 16, 2022, 11:35:48 am »
He’s not the player you’re describing though … he’s a lot more like Mane (as a 9) than a target man or traditional 9

Along with bad first touch & passing - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfqm8cnKTus

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #243 on: June 16, 2022, 11:40:00 am »
This is the best thing I've read on Nunez
From MrDilkington on here - really good overview of his strengths, the risk factors and how he'll likely fit in

https://dilksmused.substack.com/p/the-curious-case-of-darwin-nunez?utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=auto_share&s=w

Offline vetdoc24

• Kemlynite
  • Big Dom Szoboszali will win us the league
« Reply #244 on: June 16, 2022, 11:46:21 am »
Haven't been looking at all the goal/fail compilations much because it is easy to make anybody look good or bad in a 4 minute video.

The best video I have seen is by Rabona tv on yt who discussed Darwin's strength and weaknesses in detail which he would know than most as a benefica supporter.

Video - https://youtu.be/oRY0yWBX7A8

EDIT: @Persephone have already shared the video (sorry I commented before reading the thread).
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 11:52:56 am by vetdoc24 »

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #245 on: June 16, 2022, 12:02:35 pm »
Klopp won 2 Bundesliga titles on the trot with Lewandowski up front and really should have won the 2013 Champions League, so it's not like he's not done this before. He knows exactly what he wants to do, it's not a gamble, it's a plan.

Doing the wonderful Lucas Barrios a disservice there - that’s who was the main man upfront when he won the first title  ;D  Always the ‘forgotten’ striker in Kloppo’s teams.   

These strikers though, people see a big strong forwards and think that is ‘all’ they are.  When they are much more.

Offline Bastion Of Invincibility

• Anny Roader
« Reply #246 on: June 16, 2022, 12:19:56 pm »
That's obviously not true. But if it were true can you explain the bit about "with due respect."

How many domestic cup trophies would you swap for a single League or Champions League win?

Prestige is calculated by money these days. To win the FA CUP nets nearly 5M versus the 90M for winning the champions league. By that calculus, you would need to win 18 FA Cups to earn the equivalent of a Champions League win.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 12:23:39 pm by Bastion Of Invincibility »

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #247 on: June 16, 2022, 12:28:49 pm »
How many domestic cup trophies would you swap for a single League or Champions League win?

Prestige is calculated by money these days. To win the FA CUP nets nearly 5M versus the 90M for winning the champions league. By that calculus, you would need to win 18 FA Cups to earn the equivalent of a Champions League win.

That's not what I asked.

But if what so you say is correct then you should be praying Liverpool get relegated this coming season so we can have a crack at the most "prestigious" 'trophy' in world football. The third place play-off winner in the Championship. Wouldn't that look great on our Champions' Wall?

You are of course the perfect customer for football in the hyper-capitalist age. Everything - including trophies - is about the bottom line. Prestige, honour, value - all measured in dollars and yen.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 12:31:50 pm by Yorkykopite »
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #248 on: June 16, 2022, 12:31:06 pm »

If you as a fan care more about how much it nets the team in prize money, then I don’t know what to tell you.

To call them 'glorified friendlies’ is the work of a twitter troll. Tell that to the 10’s of thousands who went to the parade to celebrate with the team, guessing you where not one of them.

Having won the CL and league with this group of players, it was special to see them win the domestic cups, and again, if you don’t get that, that’s something you need to reconcile with - cos you are missing out on some great days with this fantastic team.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: June 16, 2022, 12:31:23 pm »

I don't know about you, but i REALLY wanted to win the FA Cup and to complete the set. Klopp completing the set before Guardiola and his billions, it's massive achievement. Trent being 23yr old and already completing the set is also massive achievement.

Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: June 16, 2022, 12:40:30 pm »

The modern fan.  Like we didn't know already football is fucked.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: June 16, 2022, 12:59:03 pm »

When we lost in Paris, were you happier than when we beat Chelsea in either cup final?

Offer me a guaranteed FA Cup win for the next 18 years or winning 1 Champions League win and 17 final losses over the same timeframe. I think I'll take the 18 trophy winning celebrations please. 

The money means fuck all if you are a supporter.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: June 16, 2022, 01:06:15 pm »

Fuck the money.

Of course you always want to win the League or CL, but I was made up that we won both domestic cups last season, this club exists to win things, so any shiny trophy needs to be cherished.

I don't know about you, but i REALLY wanted to win the FA Cup and to complete the set. Klopp completing the set before Guardiola and his billions, it's massive achievement. Trent being 23yr old and already completing the set is also massive achievement.

This is it, Klopp is the only Liverpool manager to have won these 4 trophies, massive achievement, as for Trent, he joins a short list, containing the like of Rushie, Kenny, Brucie, Hansen and Lawro who have won all them as players at Liverpool.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: June 16, 2022, 01:10:01 pm »
Talking about prize money when winning trophies is top tier bellend behaviour.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #254 on: June 16, 2022, 02:17:31 pm »
Talking about prize money when winning trophies is top tier bellend behaviour.

Bastion of Bellendry? Bellendibility?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: June 16, 2022, 02:28:10 pm »
He will be a great signing, he has pace workrate can score from many different type of finishes, is tall and a physical presence plus has a hunger and tenacity for the game that many of the street type footballers from South America often do.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: June 16, 2022, 03:06:42 pm »
Along with bad first touch & passing - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfqm8cnKTus

To be fair, De Bruyne is worse than Nunez ...

https://youtu.be/8Kx5eRQsHY8

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #257 on: June 16, 2022, 03:17:07 pm »
Lads....Bastion of Invincibility posted six times between gloating when we lost against West Ham in November, and gloating when we lost against Real Madrid in May. And out of those six posts, five of them were in the Thiago thread slagging him off. I think we can probably discount their 'opinion' :thumbup
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online FaitAccompli

• Kopite
« Reply #258 on: June 16, 2022, 03:18:31 pm »
If he turns out to be as boss as we all think/hope, we should make up a song to the tune of Space's Female of the Species:

“Ohhh, Haaland and Kane have nothing on you, Pepe and Werner join the back of the queue…”

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #259 on: June 16, 2022, 04:04:22 pm »
I had the same feeling with Brad Smith.

c'mon man Brad Smith sounds like any given surf instructor in California

to be fair to you, Bournemouth had pretty much the same feeling and willingly shelled out a nice little £6m for it .
The change is cast

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: June 16, 2022, 05:02:01 pm »

Offline Yevgeny

• Kopite
  • Believer.
« Reply #261 on: June 16, 2022, 05:31:04 pm »

It’s a shame that you don’t have better things to do with your time than log onto the forum of a club you don’t support and troll people. Time to get yourself a girlfriend, mate. You can do it, we believe in you.

Offline KloppRoy

• Main Stander
« Reply #262 on: June 16, 2022, 05:43:56 pm »
we always have great forwards.
rush
Dalglish
God
Torres
Balotelli
Suarez
Mane
Salah
and now hopefully Darwin
if he can be half as good as any of these

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: June 16, 2022, 05:46:59 pm »

As to the quadruple claim, the operative word there is 'nearly'. We progressed from being nearly men to winners of the major titles thanks to becoming physically fitter pressing machines. We have failed to kick on from there since attempting to change from that formula to become more refined.

With all due respect,ram your fucking due respect.  :wanker
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #264 on: June 16, 2022, 06:05:41 pm »
IIIIII'm mad about da BoI
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: June 16, 2022, 06:33:48 pm »

As to the quadruple claim, the operative word there is 'nearly'. We progressed from being nearly men to winners of the major titles thanks to becoming physically fitter pressing machines. We have failed to kick on from there since attempting to change from that formula to become more refined.

Who's this "We" you are talking about? It cant be Liverpool FC as it appears you don't support them. Bitching about a football club doesn't mean supporting them. If you want to moan and bitch about this club then maybe you're "following" the wrong club?
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Offline Red Giant

• da red giant asshole
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #266 on: June 16, 2022, 10:09:29 pm »
Lads....Bastion of Invincibility posted six times between gloating when we lost against West Ham in November, and gloating when we lost against Real Madrid in May. And out of those six posts, five of them were in the Thiago thread slagging him off. I think we can probably discount their 'opinion' :thumbup

There is a good chance he is Didi Hamman 😁

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #267 on: June 16, 2022, 11:10:26 pm »

Some years ago I, and lots of others like me, had nightmarish visions of where football and society itself was going. We saw a day dawning when the vacuous took over, and everything was about money. Success would be measured by social media banter points and prestige by how much cash your club has, regardless of where it came from.

That lamentable day arrived some time ago, and your post is simply indicative of it. Here we are, with the oldest and most historic club trophy in world football being pissed on because it 'only' brings the winners £5m*

Personally, I couldn't give a monkeys how much money a trophy win brings in. That's for the suits in the boardroom to concern themselves with. I just care about our team and club doing well and winning silverware. Try telling the 500,000+ at the parade that the FA Cup and League Cup have no prestige. They were the reward for a fantastic season, and two pieces of silverware more than virtually every other club in the country won. Being a Liverpool fan is about being part of something. About standing with our club as it tries to win everything it can win. It's about being there, about the experience and the memories, not the prize fund.

Personally, I prize the European Cup above everything else. Not for the money, but because I love that bloody trophy and I love what we've done in that competition. I love the memories. I wouldn't care a jot if winning it brought us just £2.50 in prize money.

It's really sad that everything in life is reduced to money these days. It demeans the spirit and the soul of the game. Mind you, it's just a symptom of the sick and soulless modern society we now live in. We don't need to fear a dystopian future anymore. We're already living it.

*I've not checked that figure, so will take your word for it.

Edit: I've only just realised what thread I'm in. Anyway, I can't wait to see Nunez play for us. I usually enjoy the closed season break because I can destress after a long season, but I'm chomping at the bit so I can see our new front line. 😎
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 11:20:29 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #268 on: June 16, 2022, 11:59:50 pm »
Ha ha glorified cups but only when Liverpool win!
Tell that to my bank balance, tell that to my memories of being at Wembley last season & tell that to the parade spectacle.
I'll take same again next season please with the addition of welcoming Darwin Nunez.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: June 17, 2022, 02:29:00 am »
He’s not the player you’re describing though … he’s a lot more like Mane (as a 9) than a target man or traditional 9

Exactly.

He’s also been compared to Andy Carroll simply because he’s a tall CF with a ponytail.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: June 17, 2022, 02:38:25 am »
we always have great forwards.
rush
Dalglish
God
Torres
Balotelli
Suarez
Mane
Salah
and now hopefully Darwin
if he can be half as good as any of these

One of those is not like the others.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: June 17, 2022, 02:45:46 am »

Ha ha. He scored a boss goal recently didn’t he, beat half the team and Rabona’d it. Probably in the Italian 3rd division  ;D

Offline kj999

• 180 + 90 = ...............er..............hang on................ oh yeah 180........ :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
« Reply #272 on: June 17, 2022, 03:00:56 am »
BELLEND OF IDIOCY
Clarity of Thought before Rashness of Action...

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #273 on: June 17, 2022, 03:15:58 am »
Big unit isnt he?.

Hope he use his less dominant foot more than Salah has his (been plenty of times in matches he could have more goals if only he trusted his right more...) :D

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #274 on: June 17, 2022, 03:48:24 am »

;D that's exactly what i was thinking
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline nycjon

• Kemlynite
« Reply #275 on: June 17, 2022, 06:56:58 am »
I have this unshakable feeling he is going to end up like Luka Jovic; an average player who had everything fall into place for one season giving the appearance of a top player and subsequently being bought by a top club.

I have this unshakable feeling that the analytics guys and Klopp know what they're doing.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #276 on: June 17, 2022, 07:22:18 am »
BELLEND OF IDIOCY

That's a bit harsh on Nunez.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #277 on: June 17, 2022, 07:24:31 am »
Unfortunately I am quite confident that Darwin Nunez will not be a success. One good season (in a poor league) does not equal a good player, we have seen this many times. On observation, he looks like a very unnatural player and quite clumsy with his feet. I have this unshakable feeling he is going to end up like Luka Jovic; an average player who had everything fall into place for one season giving the appearance of a top player and subsequently being bought by a top club.

Two posts only. Both posts used to knock Nunez.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: June 17, 2022, 07:26:53 am »
you know when some players have the coolest sounding names like it's as if they were born for greatness, i get that same vibe from Darwin.

Darwin Núñez, that's COOL cool - my guy's destined for greatness and i'm not willing to hear otherwise, really. Debate your elders.

This guy currently plays for Wigan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Power_(footballer)
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: June 17, 2022, 07:28:35 am »
He has "win" in his name.

Win is his middle name. Dunno why his parents named him Dar though.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258