Author Topic: Liverpool Women FC (Championship winners 2021-22, promoted back to WSL!!!) (*)  (Read 456447 times)

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Stengel's xray was fine, she just needs the standard fitness assessment ahead of the weekend.

Hopefully she gets at least some game time, just so we can have another 90 minute shooting drill with her as part of it. It would be nice if we could get a little closer to the point at which the goals are happening again, and before the must win matches come along.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/katie-stengel-injury-update

Offline LeoT

• ayer - makes me feel like daaaancin'...... Is now officially a wannabeliever......
  • Anny Roader
  • My cup is barely even half empty
Stengel's xray was fine, she just needs the standard fitness assessment ahead of the weekend.

Hopefully she gets at least some game time, just so we can have another 90 minute shooting drill with her as part of it. It would be nice if we could get a little closer to the point at which the goals are happening again, and before the must win matches come along.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/katie-stengel-injury-update

I hope Stengel is wrapped up in cotton wool on Sunday.
Hope she misses the team bus, so sits at home with her feet up, holding a warm cup of  cocoa, whilst watching Songs of Praise.    ;D

Otherwise I'm going to be sooooo nervous every time she goes near the ball :-)
My cup is barely even half empty

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

I hope Stengel is wrapped up in cotton wool on Sunday.
Hope she misses the team bus, so sits at home with her feet up, holding a warm cup of  cocoa, whilst watching Songs of Praise.    ;D

Otherwise I'm going to be sooooo nervous every time she goes near the ball :-)
Well when you put it like that......

Offline LeoT

• ayer - makes me feel like daaaancin'...... Is now officially a wannabeliever......
  • Anny Roader
Well when you put it like that......

...now I've got that image stuck in my mind, (but with pink dressing gown, slippers, and hair curlers).

;D ;D ;D

Offline 24/7

• "There are some things you can only learn in a storm, en route to Dundee..."
  • RAWK Resident Nihilist
  • Legacy Fan
  • Loves to check his log!
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
...now I've got that image stuck in my mind, (but with pink dressing gown, slippers, and hair curlers).

;D ;D ;D
Not really kellan's style, that, Leo mate, but whatever makes you happy :wave
None of this really matters in the end. None of it. Everything is utterly pointless. Even football. Nothing whatsoever really matters.

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
Not really kellan's style, that, Leo mate, but whatever makes you happy :wave

The training photos are out, looks like Stengel is ok (Sadly there's no sign of a dressing gown or slippers).

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/photos-lfc-women-gear-cup-meeting-chelsea
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 10:01:52 pm by LeoT »

Offline 24/7

• "There are some things you can only learn in a storm, en route to Dundee..."
  • RAWK Resident Nihilist
  • Legacy Fan
  • Loves to check his log!
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Superb that, cheers Leo!
None of this really matters in the end. None of it. Everything is utterly pointless. Even football. Nothing whatsoever really matters.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The training photos are out, looks like Stengel is ok (Sadly there's no sign of a dressing gown or slippers).

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/photos-lfc-women-gear-cup-meeting-chelsea
van de Sanden's knee heavily strapped. She isn't involved today, so that's two matches missed now. I don't really understand what has happened here. Beard said she picked up the issue in the warm up vs Chelsea (blaming it on the state of the frozen pitch) but she then started that match?? She hasn't been fit enough to start any since. But is at least in training, I guess.

There's no Taylor in the photos. She isn't in the team today.

There is one photo of Roberts but it's hard to tell if she was actually training or just hovering around. She isn't back in the team either way.

Neither is Kiernan - who posted a lovely little photo of herself on her instagram with her foot back in a boot. To use her own words, 'a little setback' is what has happened. Brilliant news.

Leo might have been right about leaving Stengel in her slippers for the afternoon.

This is how we are lining up:

Laws, Koivisto, Fahey, Matthews, Campbell, Kearns, Holland, Nagano, Lawley. Daniels, Stengel
subs: Kirby, Cumings, Bonner, Robe, Silcock, Hinds, Humphrey, Lundgaard, Furness

Offline kellan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The match is on the Chelsea website (I think only for those in the UK). Registration obviously required. It hasn't asked me for any money yet so I'm assuming it's free.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/match/chelsea-women-vs-liverpool-women-womens-fa-cup-2023-01-29

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad

'Chelsea vs Liverpool Women | Women's FA Cup 29-01-2023' - 10 minute highlights...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ScEBVBpqLBs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ScEBVBpqLBs</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScEBVBpqLBs
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline kellan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I thought we gave a better account of ourselves today. Didn't win of course, but having a bit of fight in us and not needing to rely on Stengel to get either goal are surely two things that will make the next matches feel perfectly winnable. Doesn't appear that we've picked up any injuries either.

It's not all good news on that front sadly. Beard has said post-match that van de Sanden might be out for two months. So I'm guessing that, plus the Kiernan setback, is what has finally pushed us to go shopping for the forward we might not otherwise have signed. The window closes on Tuesday. We'll do well to pull anything off if we're starting from scratch.

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
It was the result I kinda expected if to be honest.

I thought we were totally outplayed first half, but we played quite well 2nd half and made a load more chances.
I was sat near the Liverpool bench, and gasped when Stengel took a knock in the run up to Chelsea's first goal, in fact I was more concerned about Stengel hopping than I was about us conceding.

I though all of our players were much better today than we'd been in recent matches
Special mention of Nagano, she was really, really good today.