Author Topic: A time to reflect honestly or nothing to worry about ?  (Read 56659 times)

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: A time to reflect honestly or nothing to worry about ?
« Reply #520 on: February 4, 2023, 05:36:37 pm »
1. Old, tired centre midfielders.
2. Gomez been shit for years, sadly Matip now too.
3. Weak kids getting out powered for fun by mid-20’s athletes in every other EPL team.
I know we have issues but the attitude has been rotten. I don't mind us losing if we put in 200% and show some hunger but we look finished as a team. Something has to give.
« Last Edit: February 4, 2023, 05:38:52 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #521 on: February 4, 2023, 05:37:36 pm »
The problem is the way clubs change abysmal form like this is by changing the manager. But if we do that we lose our most important asset - especially given the vacuum above him.

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #522 on: February 4, 2023, 05:39:11 pm »
Wait wait…who the fuck is suggesting we sell Trent? :lmao Is that actually a thing?!

Exactly, who the fuck would buy him anyways?

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #523 on: February 4, 2023, 05:42:52 pm »
Klopp will leave us in 3 seasons with 1 title and 1 Champions league. Its on FSG.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #524 on: February 4, 2023, 05:45:04 pm »
It wouldnt even feel bad if it was April. Its bloody 4th Feb.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #525 on: February 4, 2023, 05:50:00 pm »
Jurgen Klopp: “I can't explain it, I think why would you do that? But they did it anyway.”

I can't remember Jurgen ever calling the players out like this. Something is really wrong somewhere. Today feels like a breaking point. I'd stick with him and bin the underperforming players.

Online Ste08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #526 on: February 4, 2023, 05:50:24 pm »
I have been alarmed since the summer and nothing has changed. When you are in a position of strength you push on and don’t sit on your hands telling everyone how clever you are. That in itself told me all I needed to know about this ownership.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #527 on: February 4, 2023, 05:51:07 pm »
Fuck the result. I dont like the looks in Klopps eyes. He looks beaten, and out of energy.

This simply isn't true, and the fact that he doesn't look that way is one of the few things we have to hold onto at the moment.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #528 on: February 4, 2023, 05:51:26 pm »
You can't call this a transitional season when there's no sign of what we're transitioning into.

This season is the car crash moment, the penny dropping, wheels falling off, coaches, players & staff approached this season like it was business as usual, there were no signs or indications that we had to be cautious with expectations - they were releasing books and laughing at other clubs making transfers late in the summer window.

If these were the five stages of grief, i'd say the club is slowly but surely moving past the denial stage.
The change is cast

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: February 4, 2023, 05:52:25 pm »
Klopp will leave us in 3 seasons with 1 title and 1 Champions league. Its on FSG.

He might go before that.

If we are stuck with FSG we've had it as they are unlikely to invest what we need.

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #530 on: February 4, 2023, 05:52:31 pm »
We have still got 17 league games to play.

Sooner we get to 40 points the better…..

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #531 on: February 4, 2023, 05:53:38 pm »
The problem is the way clubs change abysmal form like this is by changing the manager. But if we do that we lose our most important asset - especially given the vacuum above him.

If we lose Kloppo we'll need a full re-org which will take several years before we can get back to where we were and a lot of decisions will need to be made correctly. In my eyes, Jurgen is the most important individual at the club bar none. Everyone else has to go before he does. This is just my sentiment on the matter. I do think that we need to rebuild our recruitment team before we get even close to the summer because it might be our last chance to make the most of Jurgen. Someone needs to come in and do the clean up for Jurgen. I think this season has been an eye-opener for him with regards to player decline. Before now, he never got to keep the really good players long enough to see them decline and even then, what we've seen from many of the senior lads is shocking even by general trend. Hopefully this can help guide better decisions in the future.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #532 on: February 4, 2023, 05:54:19 pm »

And I’ve have snapped your hand off for that 8 years ago , he has won everything possible . We are certainly in a phase of transition though I’m holding my views on wether it’s a full blown crisis until after the summer to see where we are then.

I find it interesting that the two teams normally nailed on these last seasons for top four have struggled . Us and Chelsea both
played a huge amount of games last season , we played every game possible they got to 2 domestic finals , CL quarters , super cup and club World Cup .

They’ve also been hit with injuries and a loss of form and confidence and I think fatigue has also played a huge part on them this season 
« Last Edit: February 4, 2023, 05:56:33 pm by gazzam1963 »

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #533 on: February 4, 2023, 05:54:37 pm »
I wouldn't blame Klopp if he stood down at the end of the season. Feels like FSG persuaded him to extend his contract solely to appeal to potential investors, rather than helm a rebuild.

Everton have to fancy their chances against us in this state.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #534 on: February 4, 2023, 05:54:55 pm »
You can't call this a transitional season when there's no sign of what we're transitioning into.

The Championship...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #535 on: February 4, 2023, 05:55:19 pm »

Plus the other trophies he won.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #536 on: February 4, 2023, 05:56:03 pm »
The Championship...

A draw at newly-promoted Plymouth Argyle would be utopia.  ;D
King Kenny.

Offline le_boss

• Main Stander
« Reply #537 on: February 4, 2023, 05:56:39 pm »
These situations always end one way unfortunately

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #538 on: February 4, 2023, 05:57:16 pm »
The Championship...
Might get to see us win again this year though

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #539 on: February 4, 2023, 05:59:32 pm »
He might go before that.

If we are stuck with FSG we've had it as they are unlikely to invest what we need.

He won't walk, and they aren't stupid or irresponsible (or interested) enough to sack him, and we won't be stuck with them. They will sell the lot as soon as they get a buyer, and it really shouldn't take that much longer, relatively speaking. We just have to keep holding on. The next huge thing to look out for is the appointment of a sporting director, which I would hope isn't dependent on a sale, but fear might be especially with Ward nominally in place until the end of the season.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #540 on: February 4, 2023, 06:02:06 pm »
Limbopool

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #541 on: February 4, 2023, 06:04:04 pm »
These situations always end one way unfortunately

Give us new owners and Klopp and will be very different.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #542 on: February 4, 2023, 06:09:50 pm »
Season was written off in Jan so we just need to adapt tactically and go back to the very basics. Bring in a few kids and battlers like Phillips. We can't lose every week until May.

Big changes in the summer.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #543 on: February 4, 2023, 06:11:37 pm »
He won't walk, and they aren't stupid or irresponsible (or interested) enough to sack him, and we won't be stuck with them. They will sell the lot as soon as they get a buyer, and it really shouldn't take that much longer, relatively speaking. We just have to keep holding on. The next huge thing to look out for is the appointment of a sporting director, which I would hope isn't dependent on a sale, but fear might be especially with Ward nominally in place until the end of the season.

I hope not but nothing is certain and in football rule nothing out.

Offline LifelongRed, Sussex

• Kopite
« Reply #544 on: February 4, 2023, 06:15:05 pm »
Interesting next season, zero European football for us, when did that last happen.

Entire week’s training for most EPL games.  On paper a good thing, but will it mean a downer for the squad?

Bellingham, Caicedo etc - would they fancy a club not in European competitions?

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #545 on: February 4, 2023, 06:18:26 pm »
Interesting next season, zero European football for us, when did that last happen.

Entire week’s training for most EPL games.  On paper a good thing, but will it mean a downer for the squad?

It'll be used as an excuse for us to have a smaller squad, we'll get a few injuries then be fucked. Don't think we'll have much problem attracting players, it's one terrible season and we are the biggest club on the planet along with Real so we'll be fine there.

If we actually try to spend any money that is.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #547 on: February 4, 2023, 06:20:46 pm »
I hope not but nothing is certain and in football rule nothing out.

Sure, but we have to maintain our sanity somehow for the next four months - best not to think about the darkest timeline
lest we invite the c*nt in.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #548 on: February 4, 2023, 06:23:56 pm »
Apparently Klopp refused to answer a question from James Pearce and made reference to something he wrote recently as the reason. What was it?
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #549 on: February 4, 2023, 06:29:44 pm »
It'll be used as an excuse for us to have a smaller squad, we'll get a few injuries then be fucked. Don't think we'll have much problem attracting players, it's one terrible season and we are the biggest club on the planet along with Real so we'll be fine there.

If we actually try to spend any money that is.
We absolutely should have a smaller squad. Shouldn't be looking at much more than 20 senior players with no European Football and there's plenty we could pick from to move on.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #550 on: February 4, 2023, 06:32:15 pm »
We absolutely should have a smaller squad.

I'm sure that'd end well with our injury record!

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #551 on: February 4, 2023, 06:35:33 pm »
I wouldn't blame Klopp if he stood down at the end of the season. Feels like FSG persuaded him to extend his contract solely to appeal to potential investors, rather than helm a rebuild.

Everton have to fancy their chances against us in this state.

1) I thought it was his missus who convinced him to extend

2) Agree
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #552 on: February 4, 2023, 06:45:28 pm »
We have still got 17 league games to play.

Don't threaten me..

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #553 on: February 4, 2023, 06:50:06 pm »
This is going to end horribly.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #554 on: February 4, 2023, 06:54:13 pm »
I could just copy/paste my posts from October/November. It's one thing to get your guess wrong on the age curve on some players and keep them a year too long that leads to no longer being a PL/CL title challenger. It's a completely different thing to have it to where you just fall off a cliff across the board and seemingly no longer are able to physically compete. Almost every game now we can't sustain anything for 90 minutes and there are varying times during those games the other team looks consistently stronger, faster, hungrier and better than us. I wouldn't doubt we could make a non-league team look threatening for a 10 minute spell at this point.

Only real examples of stuff like this in recent history are Mourinho last year at Chelsea or Spurs or Poch's last year at Spurs, just where the players no longer want or can go again. It has to be an clubhouse issue and probably has been since week 1.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #555 on: February 4, 2023, 06:56:02 pm »
Says our resident psychologist.

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #556 on: February 4, 2023, 06:56:10 pm »

We had a week to prepare for Brighton, got smashed, a week to prepare for today, same outcome.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #557 on: February 4, 2023, 06:57:26 pm »
1) I thought it was his missus who convinced him to extend

2) Agree

You're right of course, but he must have been under the impression that certain conditions would be met on squad building, transfer funds etc
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #558 on: February 4, 2023, 06:59:01 pm »
You're right of course, but he must have been under the impression that certain conditions would be met on squad building, transfer funds etc

I wouldn't put it FSG to have lied to him - and not tipped their hand about selling.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #559 on: February 4, 2023, 06:59:22 pm »
Wait wait…who the fuck is suggesting we sell Trent? :lmao Is that actually a thing?!

Selling him is an absurd suggestion. I wouldn't be against trying to convert him into a midfielder though. He's not looked the same fullback since he beefed up.