Author Topic: IPTV  (Read 309904 times)

Online jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
Re: IPTV
« Reply #2200 on: August 8, 2022, 07:48:28 pm »
It will play the 4K stuff fine but the higher bitrate blu rays it is struggling. If you filter in movies by bitrate you can try it. Where is the direct play option in settings? Don’t see it anywhere?

https://axfury.plexmanager.com/faq/direct-stream

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #2201 on: August 8, 2022, 08:09:29 pm »
Plex and IPTV
Cord all cut

Woooo

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2202 on: August 8, 2022, 08:10:11 pm »
https://www.plxplainers.xyz/#plex-for-android

Check that out for how to change it. Basically you want it playing at maximum quality otherwise it'll transcode (convert the video to a lower quality on the fly) which may cause buffering.
Thanks. I’ve everything to max but the menu looks different and there is no option to tick direct play.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2203 on: August 8, 2022, 08:43:09 pm »
Plex and IPTV
Cord all cut

Woooo

Saves a fecking fortune.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #2204 on: August 8, 2022, 08:46:30 pm »
It will play the 4K stuff fine but the higher bitrate blu rays it is struggling. If you filter in movies by bitrate you can try it. Where is the direct play option in settings? Don’t see it anywhere?

Can’t for the life of me find where to filter by bitrate when using the plex app on a Samsung tv.

I don’t know how these bitrates compare to the ones you’re having issues with, but I’ve watched 2 films in the last couple of days which were perfect and these are the details of the files.

Width: 3840
Height: 2160
Size: 14.9GB
Container: MKV
Bitrate: 19.9 Mbps
Video: 4K (HEVC Main)
Audio: 5.1 EAC3

Height: 1636
Size: 24.8GB
Bitrate: 33 Mbps
Video: 4K HDR10 (HEVC Main 10)
Audio: 7.1 DTS-HD

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2205 on: August 8, 2022, 08:50:53 pm »
Are you using a paid version of the app Jonny ?

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2206 on: August 8, 2022, 09:55:17 pm »
Can’t for the life of me find where to filter by bitrate when using the plex app on a Samsung tv.

I don’t know how these bitrates compare to the ones you’re having issues with, but I’ve watched 2 films in the last couple of days which were perfect and these are the details of the files.

Height: 2160
Size: 14.9GB
Bitrate: 19.9 Mbps
Video: 4K (HEVC Main)
Audio: 5.1 EAC3

Height: 1636
Size: 24.8GB
Bitrate: 33 Mbps
Video: 4K HDR10 (HEVC Main 10)
Audio: 7.1 DTS-HD
If you go to movies or movies 4K and move to the right you can select libraries above. Then the filter on the right near the bottom there is an option for bit rate. May be different as I’m on the android app.

Actually an easier way is to search silence of the lambs. One is 1080p 65mbps Blu-ray rip.

Edit: I went looking for this issue. The above you mentioned would play no problem at all. It’s just that a real 4K Blu-ray would be over 100mbps.
« Last Edit: August 8, 2022, 09:57:39 pm by MBL? »

Online jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #2207 on: August 9, 2022, 12:09:32 am »
Are you using a paid version of the app Jonny ?

Just the free plex version.

If you go to movies or movies 4K and move to the right you can select libraries above. Then the filter on the right near the bottom there is an option for bit rate. May be different as I’m on the android app.

Actually an easier way is to search silence of the lambs. One is 1080p 65mbps Blu-ray rip.

Edit: I went looking for this issue. The above you mentioned would play no problem at all. It’s just that a real 4K Blu-ray would be over 100mbps.

Ah right I see that now! When I sort it by bitrate and play the highest bit rate ones it does buffer, but my fibre is only 65-70mbps d/l. Randomly tried some other films in the 4K movie library and they were fine, as were the couple of episodes of black bird that I watched earlier in the 4K Library. First time I’ve seen anything buffer since I started using plex to be honest.  For some reason the Plex app built into the Samsung TV handled the high bit rate files better than the Plex app on my 4K max Firestick, I thought it would have been the other way round for some reason. The film loaded quicker and had less buffering.

Offline ooter1

• Kopite
« Reply #2208 on: August 9, 2022, 07:52:26 am »
Can anyone give me a bullet note summary of how I can get into this? The OP is 6 years old which is an eternity in the tech world.

I am only interested in reliably watching Liverpool games from the comfort of my sofa. I might also watch games involving 2 of the other big 6, but aside from that don’t watch any sport at all so I’m not going to sub to Sky. I have watched streams on the laptop but it’s fussy, sometimes can’t get a good stream or an English one, nuisance ads, plus it’s a laptop screen.

I have Disney+ and Amazon and regularly use torrents for any other TV shows I need so I don’t need a service for TV or movies. I guess if this IPTV also includes tv/movies then it’s a bonus, but definitely not a primary concern.

I just want to know what I need to buy, where from, and what I need to pay going forward. My understanding is that I need a box and then subscribe to some service?
Do you use a VPN?

Online kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2209 on: August 9, 2022, 08:11:16 am »
Do you use a VPN?

No I don’t, although am familiar with the concept. Would this be a requirement too?

Offline ooter1

• Kopite
« Reply #2210 on: August 9, 2022, 10:39:00 am »
No I don’t, although am familiar with the concept. Would this be a requirement too?
No but vidio app works well with an Indonesian VPN and only costs around £30  for a 12 month subscription. They show PL football. www.vidio.com
« Last Edit: August 9, 2022, 10:41:02 am by ooter1 »

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2211 on: August 9, 2022, 10:40:04 am »
For some reason the Plex app built into the Samsung TV handled the high bit rate files better than the Plex app on my 4K max Firestick, I thought it would have been the other way round for some reason. The film loaded quicker and had less buffering.

Fire TV will be on WiFi, is the TV connected by Ethernet? Even if both WiFi the TV may have a better connection

Online jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #2212 on: August 9, 2022, 10:57:10 am »
Fire TV will be on WiFi, is the TV connected by Ethernet? Even if both WiFi the TV may have a better connection

Both Wifi at the minute.  Just checked the download speed app on the firestick in case the wifi connection wasn't great, but I'm getting pretty much the maximum download speed.  Router reports 70mbps and firestick reporting 65mbps.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2213 on: August 9, 2022, 04:56:43 pm »
Both Wifi at the minute.  Just checked the download speed app on the firestick in case the wifi connection wasn't great, but I'm getting pretty much the maximum download speed.  Router reports 70mbps and firestick reporting 65mbps.

Yeah the sticks wifi is top notch.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #2214 on: August 11, 2022, 01:58:40 pm »
Revs has always been a great service. So was sp*rtsmania until they ran into problems. Once that happened they gave excuse after excuse and vague timelines of when things would be fixed without ever doing so.

Hopefully revs don't go the same way
Sportsmania have rebranded, more under the radar this time, I'm with them and have never had any issues and it's £40 for 12 months for everything
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline ooter1

• Kopite
« Reply #2215 on: August 11, 2022, 02:48:17 pm »
Sportsmania have rebranded, more under the radar this time, I'm with them and have never had any issues and it's £40 for 12 months for everything
Are they taking on new subscribers?

Online kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2216 on: August 11, 2022, 04:37:16 pm »
No but vidio app works well with an Indonesian VPN and only costs around £30  for a 12 month subscription. They show PL football. www.vidio.com

Can you recommend me a VPN to use for this? I don't think I need any frills - just be able to watch the footie via this vidio app.

Offline ooter1

• Kopite
« Reply #2217 on: August 11, 2022, 08:08:23 pm »
Can you recommend me a VPN to use for this? I don't think I need any frills - just be able to watch the footie via this vidio app.
I'm using windscribe and it's working well, a few people I know use Nord and say that's good for vidio too.

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2218 on: August 12, 2022, 11:26:02 pm »
Any Rev users not get the renewal email reminder?

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2219 on: August 13, 2022, 04:30:02 pm »
Do you use a VPN?

i am not yet

100% fine for plex

spotty in our last game but watchable

Online kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2220 on: August 13, 2022, 07:10:47 pm »
I have just purchased a Nordvpn subscription so my next step is an app/source for the games. I see vidio.com has been recommended. My final thing would be a means of watching it from the comfort of my sofa on my TV. Is an Amazon Fire Stick the best way to do this? Does anyone know if Amazon regularly do sales on those?

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2221 on: August 13, 2022, 09:18:21 pm »
Would appreciate some info on this if you could, I used them for years before they went chips

Offline ooter1

• Kopite
« Reply #2222 on: August 13, 2022, 11:22:10 pm »
I have just purchased a Nordvpn subscription so my next step is an app/source for the games. I see vidio.com has been recommended. My final thing would be a means of watching it from the comfort of my sofa on my TV. Is an Amazon Fire Stick the best way to do this? Does anyone know if Amazon regularly do sales on those?
the vidio app is not on the Amazon app store so a bit of jiggery pokery is required to get it, I have an Nvidia shield and it's great for watching the football, well worth the extra few quid. the vidio app is in the app store so no hassle downloading it.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2223 on: August 13, 2022, 11:51:40 pm »
the vidio app is not on the Amazon app store so a bit of jiggery pokery is required to get it, I have an Nvidia shield and it's great for watching the football, well worth the extra few quid. the vidio app is in the app store so no hassle downloading it.

An iptv sub would save a lot of fucking about though,you also get more channels & ppv

Online kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2224 on: August 14, 2022, 09:19:27 am »

An iptv sub would save a lot of fucking about though,you also get more channels & ppv

Can you tell me where/how to get that? Also if I want to wait a while for a sale on eg a Fire Stick, would a Windows laptop work OK in the meantime?

Offline ooter1

• Kopite
« Reply #2225 on: August 14, 2022, 10:43:12 am »

I agree but for most people starting out, finding a good/reliable IPTV provider is the problem.

Offline ooter1

• Kopite
« Reply #2226 on: August 14, 2022, 10:45:41 am »
One of my IPTV services went off yesterday during the 3 o'clock games, hopefully not a sign of things to come.

Online kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2227 on: August 14, 2022, 10:58:10 am »
Sounds like IPTV is better, but something like vimio is more reliable then, since it is legal?

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #2228 on: August 14, 2022, 12:44:46 pm »
One of my IPTV services went off yesterday during the 3 o'clock games, hopefully not a sign of things to come.

Mine too but worked fine with vpn. It's the usual cat and mouse with Sky and BT

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2229 on: August 14, 2022, 02:48:58 pm »
Sounds like IPTV is better, but something like vimio is more reliable then, since it is legal?

Not if you're using a service outside the region,they can patch the vpn access at anytime.

Online kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2230 on: August 15, 2022, 10:29:14 am »
Trying to get myself sorted for the Palace match tonight.

Have my Nordvpn 2-year subscription bought.
For now I will just use a Windows laptop while I either buy a Firestick now (or maybe an nVidia Shield) or wait for a sale.
What is my next step - should I setup my laptop itself with the VPN, then go to the vimio website and buy a subscription there? I could just watch it directly on a browser as opposed to needing a Windows app right?
From that point I should be able to watch the PL tonight then?

I just want to get my steps correct in case I make a mistake and get something locked out.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2231 on: August 15, 2022, 10:54:02 am »
Pretty much mate,if you can then just get a month sub in case it plays up using a vpn.

As for device,whilst the nV is a good bit of kit,it's overkill if you only want it for streaming.

A normal 4k is takes anything you throw at it & the Max is a little faster and a little more expensive.

Value for money is the stick all the way though.

Offline ooter1

• Kopite
« Reply #2232 on: August 15, 2022, 10:57:46 am »
Trying to get myself sorted for the Palace match tonight.

Have my Nordvpn 2-year subscription bought.
For now I will just use a Windows laptop while I either buy a Firestick now (or maybe an nVidia Shield) or wait for a sale.
What is my next step - should I setup my laptop itself with the VPN, then go to the vimio website and buy a subscription there? I could just watch it directly on a browser as opposed to needing a Windows app right?
From that point I should be able to watch the PL tonight then?

I just want to get my steps correct in case I make a mistake and get something locked out.
I think you have to sign up through the vidio app using apple/google pay for the payment to be accepted, that's what I did anyway. I also used my revolut card but not sure if that's essential.
make sure you have an Indonesian VPN set when you're signing up.
once you're registered you should be able to watch on your laptop through their website no problem.

Online kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2233 on: August 16, 2022, 08:51:05 am »
Got myself sorted for the Palace game (thanks to many tips on this thread).

Installed Nordvpn on laptop and spoofed my location to Indonesia
Created Vidio account on website
Downloaded Vidio app to my phone and paid for the PL sub on it using paypal (1 month trial £3.50, then about £2 a month after that I think) - as someone said, it seems to be difficult to pay on the website itself
Stream worked perfectly after that.

Just need to get a fire stick or some easy way to get the stream onto the TV and I'm sorted. I think Vidio do UCL as well, so for around £40-50 outlay on the fire stick and £5-6 a month for subs, I can cut loose my BT subscription. I was getting Sky free last season via a mate's Skygo but that has gone now, so I'm also saving potentially £30 a month on Sky.

Offline ooter1

• Kopite
« Reply #2234 on: August 16, 2022, 09:23:58 am »
nice one mate, glad it worked out for you.
if you have a smart tv the vidio app might already be in the app store, if it is and there's a Nord app too you won't need a fire stick or any other device.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 09:39:02 am by ooter1 »

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2235 on: August 17, 2022, 06:14:56 pm »
I managed to find a URL that I popped into the Downloader app on my Fire Cube and it downloaded the STBEMU Pro app (ad free version). But this was an older version of the app and I need the latest version to help with some stability issues. Does anyone know how I can install the latest version of the pro app on the Fire Cube? I don't mind paying for it.

Offline Damo58

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2236 on: August 24, 2022, 01:41:11 pm »
Would anyone be able to PM me some advice? I’ve had a scan through here but there’s a lot of things I don’t understand and need it as if I was a 5-year-old.

I have an Amazon 4K stick and this time last year I paid £50 for a service whereby I download an app which I won’t name and it gave me 12 months of all channels, 1000s of films and series. I am due to get another 12 months but the person who did it last year is not responding so I don’t want to send money over hoping it just gets renewed.

So the advice I need is a recommendation for an app that can be downloaded (and how to do so) on to a fire stick that will provide channels, series and films for around £50-£60 for the year.

I appreciated it may have been answered but I have looked back and there is nothing that has stood out as applying to me.

Cheers for any help given.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2237 on: August 25, 2022, 07:43:31 am »
^ I got my setup from someone in this very thread, but a knockoff Sky Glass app on the Firestick is currently fulfilling many a need (yes, with foreign telly n films n you name it)

--

Plex has been hacked or some shite. Poor form

Online kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2238 on: August 27, 2022, 03:40:14 pm »
Today is my first attempt at a Saturday 3pm match on Vidio and it’s basically not working which is disappointing. Since I already have Nord VPN, are there any alternatives I can try?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2239 on: August 27, 2022, 03:41:51 pm »
Today is my first attempt at a Saturday 3pm match on Vidio and it’s basically not working which is disappointing. Since I already have Nord VPN, are there any alternatives I can try?

Digibit is only a couple of quid a month mate.