Author Topic: Headphones  (Read 80892 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Headphones
« Reply #240 on: July 13, 2020, 06:39:06 pm »
Has anybody used the Sony WH-XB900N headphones before?

I'm trying to justify paying £159 for them instead of £58 for the Sony MDR-XB450BT headphones. I'm just wondering if the extra £100 is worth it.

Better quality (not that MDRs' are shitty),if I wanted some for out and about then I'd got for them over the MDRs'.

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: July 13, 2020, 10:00:33 pm »
Has anybody used the Sony WH-XB900N headphones before?

I'm trying to justify paying £159 for them instead of £58 for the Sony MDR-XB450BT headphones. I'm just wondering if the extra £100 is worth it.
I have them and really like them. They do get a bit hot On the ears after an hour or so of use. I’d imagine they would be a fair bit better than the xb450’s but I’ve never tried them.

They regularly do price drops on Sony headphones so if you are willing to wait a while you will get them cheaper.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: July 13, 2020, 10:16:10 pm »
I have them and really like them. They do get a bit hot On the ears after an hour or so of use. I’d imagine they would be a fair bit better than the xb450’s but I’ve never tried them.

They regularly do price drops on Sony headphones so if you are willing to wait a while you will get them cheaper.

£159 is a lot less than Sony have them up for (£230),if you get them from Currys you only get 1yr warranty but you get 6 months Spotify,you get 2yrs from John Lewis and they're the same price (£159) without Spotify.

How do they fit MBL ?  They look like you could move about without them coming off,the MDRs' slip about a bit if you're not careful .
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 10:18:42 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: July 13, 2020, 10:32:52 pm »
£159 is a lot less than Sony have them up for (£230),if you get them from Currys you only get 1yr warranty but you get 6 months Spotify,you get 2yrs from John Lewis and they're the same price (£159) without Spotify.

How do they fit MBL ?  They look like you could move about without them coming off,the MDRs' slip about a bit if you're not careful .
Ive only walked with them on and have had no problems at all, I wouldn’t fancy trying to run. They are very comfortable but as mentioned my ears get hot after prolonged use. Sound quality is very good, some prefer them to the 1000Xm3 cause of the xtra bass. I’ve tried the 1000xm3 and the big difference I noticed is they have far better noise cancelling which doesn’t mean much to me as I normally use them at home.

If I flew regularly I would have got the 1000xm3’s
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 10:35:55 pm by MBL? »

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #244 on: July 14, 2020, 08:56:43 am »
The Sony headphone app lets you adjust the EQ and such, especially for the 1000xm3 and the bass can be whacked right up  ;D

Think I posted it earlier in this thread but if fit is problematic you can get foam replacement earpieces for most headphones. These work for me going for a run

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: July 14, 2020, 11:07:32 am »
The Sony headphone app lets you adjust the EQ and such, especially for the 1000xm3 and the bass can be whacked right up  ;D

Think I posted it earlier in this thread but if fit is problematic you can get foam replacement earpieces for most headphones. These work for me going for a run

I'm surprised they didn't make the WH-CH710N's compatible with the Sony headphone app when looking at their release date. I was watching a review video for the CH700N's and the CH710N's and I felt slightly disappointed in the 710's at the end of it, there didn't seem to be much of an improvement from one to the other.

Online MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: July 15, 2020, 07:00:36 pm »

Yeah the app is great. You really can tailor the sound to how you want it.

How do the earpieces work just put in your ear and then put the headphones on as normal?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 07:03:48 pm by MBL? »

Online MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: July 15, 2020, 07:06:08 pm »
Am I right in saying it the below you have and not the headphones?

https://www.sony.com/electronics/truly-wireless/wf-1000xm3

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: July 15, 2020, 10:15:48 pm »
Am I right in saying it the below you have and not the headphones?

https://www.sony.com/electronics/truly-wireless/wf-1000xm3

that's them, the bullets  :) the earpieces are replacement tips, you squeeze em, insert, and they expand in your ear

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: July 15, 2020, 11:05:24 pm »
Might be worth hanging on because the XCM4s' (Headphones) are rumoured to be coming in Aug,not saying wait for them but you'sd expect the XM3s' price to drop once they do.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: July 16, 2020, 01:37:08 am »
that's them, the bullets  :) the earpieces are replacement tips, you squeeze em, insert, and they expand in your ear

Are you able to leave the foam tips on when you put them in the charging case?

That seems to be the main issue with a lot of these wireless earbuds that include a charging case and is the main downside of the ones I have at the moment.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: July 19, 2020, 10:28:11 am »
Are you able to leave the foam tips on when you put them in the charging case?

That seems to be the main issue with a lot of these wireless earbuds that include a charging case and is the main downside of the ones I have at the moment.

Yep, no issue at all, they still fit in the charger case!

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: July 26, 2020, 10:42:56 am »
Was lucky enough to, erm, “inherit” a pair of JBL T450BT headphones from a previous employer (just before I left coincidentally...)

For a pair you can pick up in places for less than thirty quid, they’re brilliant. Superb bass quality.

https://uk.jbl.com/over-ear-headphones/JBL+T450BT.html

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #253 on: August 3, 2020, 09:00:11 pm »
Can anyone recommend any off brand airpods other than Apple.

I had ordered some for my kiddo from Amazon for $20 that turned out to be shit and went straight back.

Any thoughts. Thanks.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #254 on: August 3, 2020, 09:02:37 pm »
Can anyone recommend any off brand airpods other than Apple.

I had ordered some for my kiddo from Amazon for $20 that turned out to be shit and went straight back.

Any thoughts. Thanks.

Just took a few minutes to be bothered and read the thread. Thanks for all the previous ear pod suggestions. Thanks.

Just ordered some Soundpeats based entirely on a RAWK recommendation
« Last Edit: August 3, 2020, 09:06:04 pm by AndyInVA »

Offline LOKKO

• Legacy Fan
  • what chu talkin' bout willis?
« Reply #255 on: August 4, 2020, 09:53:30 am »
Yeah I can recommend them really good for £20

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: August 7, 2020, 05:06:47 pm »
Sony WH-1000XM4 have been released. I've got the original version and have decided to upgrade - they're arriving tomorrow. Features look good and all the reviews basically seem to suggest they're best in class.

https://www.theverge.com/21356313/sony-1000xm4-noise-canceling-headphones-review-price-specs-features

https://www.pocket-lint.com/headphones/reviews/sony/153251-sony-wh-1000xm4-review

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/sony-wh-1000xm4-wireless-headphones

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: August 7, 2020, 05:19:40 pm »
Never liked the design of that series. They may the best all-rounder, but the looks are so terribly bland, even Bose have more character than Sony.

Offline gomez

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: August 7, 2020, 08:08:37 pm »
Never liked the design of that series. They may the best all-rounder, but the looks are so terribly bland, even Bose have more character than Sony.

Feel exactly the same, I’ve been waiting for these to check out the reviews but just don’t like the look of them. Just ordered the B&W PX7’s.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: August 7, 2020, 08:31:10 pm »
I like them,nice and understated but with a superb bang for your buck.

Saying that,the 3s' will be coming down in price now so they'd be what I'd buy.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: August 7, 2020, 11:27:01 pm »
Feel exactly the same, I’ve been waiting for these to check out the reviews but just don’t like the look of them. Just ordered the B&W PX7’s.
I’m torn on the looks of the latest B&W lineup. They do wipe the floor with likes of Sony, they are lighter than behemots like P7, but I do miss the metal and wild material choices they previously used. They aren’t very rock’n’roll is my point.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: August 10, 2020, 01:58:24 pm »
Headphones arrived and have been giving them a good test over the weekend. A marked improvement on the gen.1 versions so I'm glad to have upgraded. The app is nifty - does shit like analyses a photo of your ears, atmospheric pressure testing etc.

On the style, I guess it's what you're after in a set of headphones. I don't want anything blingy, I'd rather them blend in and not draw attention to be honest.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: August 10, 2020, 03:15:20 pm »
Yeah, that's true. In the end it's comfort+sound combo that makes them good or bad, well mostly those two things. I do like quirkier looking sets, not necessarily blingy or flashy, just different - but you forget about it in a week and you just like or dislike the sound+comfort and ease of use. Those things stick with you.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #263 on: August 10, 2020, 08:19:08 pm »
What do people think of the new Samsung Galaxy Buds Live? Tech Radar seems to have them a bit hit and miss

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/samsung-galaxy-buds-live

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: August 10, 2020, 08:31:02 pm »
They look a bit meh. Both Microsoft and Google ones look like a better package. I really like the slightly sci-fi look of Microsoft ones, quite distinct.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: August 10, 2020, 09:39:19 pm »
Headphones arrived and have been giving them a good test over the weekend. A marked improvement on the gen.1 versions so I'm glad to have upgraded. The app is nifty - does shit like analyses a photo of your ears, atmospheric pressure testing etc.

On the style, I guess it's what you're after in a set of headphones. I don't want anything blingy, I'd rather them blend in and not draw attention to be honest.

Give you £2.50 for your 3s'  ;D

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: October 25, 2020, 12:24:16 pm »
Bought a pair of Bowers&Wilkins P9 Signature headphones. I’m no audiophile but the leap in clarity when listening to hi-res audio on these, compared to normal streaming on decent hesdphones is immense. You are instantly immeresed in music.

They are too big and unwieldy for day to day use out and about - but that sweet sound makes up for it.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: October 25, 2020, 12:55:34 pm »
Any recommendations for wired in-ears ?  I had a pair of Sennheiser Momentums but they've finally given up the ghost.  Sound quality is the most important thing, budget around the £150 mark. Thinking about the Soundmagic  E11c seem really good value for under £40.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: October 25, 2020, 08:52:13 pm »
Any recommendations for wired in-ears ?  I had a pair of Sennheiser Momentums but they've finally given up the ghost.  Sound quality is the most important thing, budget around the £150 mark. Thinking about the Soundmagic  E11c seem really good value for under £40.

Have had two pairs of E11c's and can't recommend them enough. Unreal value.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: October 26, 2020, 08:41:21 am »

I've got mine from AliExpress. Search for the model KZ AS10, they're under £40, but they sound fantastic. The best that i ever had. There are videos people comparing them with the very expensive ones, and the results are surprising.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: October 26, 2020, 08:37:05 pm »
Have had two pairs of E11c's and can't recommend them enough. Unreal value.

The E80s' are supposed to sound a little better,they're less bulky but cost £10 extra.

You can get them cheaper here but I've never used this site myself

https://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/collections/soundmagic-earphones/products/soundmagic-e80-in-ear-isolating-earphones-gunmetal

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: October 26, 2020, 09:14:45 pm »

Besides those, the Tin Audios T2s, Final Audio E2000 and the Blon BL-03 are all good options too.

Offline lfcthekop

• knows how to inbed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: November 27, 2020, 07:08:27 pm »
Any reccomendations for a over ear set of headphones for roughly £50? my daughter wants some for christmas

Online MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: November 27, 2020, 10:08:39 pm »
Bought some wired open back headphones for music and gaming the beyerdynamics tygr and they are unreal for the price. I’m no audiophile even though I’m always after a good sound, best I’ve ever had and the build quality feels great. Also got a little Bluetooth dac fiio btr3k to improve sound over normal device output which is great but I’ve ordered a cable to make it into into dongle as that should be better.
Any reccomendations for a over ear set of headphones for roughly £50? my daughter wants some for christmas

If it’s definitely over ear headphones she wants then I am assuming they need to be wireless ones also. I’d recommend the Sony wh-ch700n, a bit over budget at the current Black Friday price of 75 but they are normally around 100.

Offline lfcthekop

• knows how to inbed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: November 28, 2020, 01:16:05 pm »
Bought some wired open back headphones for music and gaming the beyerdynamics tygr and they are unreal for the price. I’m no audiophile even though I’m always after a good sound, best I’ve ever had and the build quality feels great. Also got a little Bluetooth dac fiio btr3k to improve sound over normal device output which is great but I’ve ordered a cable to make it into into dongle as that should be better.If it’s definitely over ear headphones she wants then I am assuming they need to be wireless ones also. I’d recommend the Sony wh-ch700n, a bit over budget at the current Black Friday price of 75 but they are normally around 100.
Thankyou , i went and purcahsed them from argos for £79.. i hope she likes them =)

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #275 on: December 2, 2020, 09:11:07 pm »
How have you got on with the PX7’s was thinking of ordering some, been dropped by £70/80 in places from Black Friday
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #276 on: January 20, 2021, 03:28:17 pm »
Any recommendations for wireless earbuds folks? I've read a few reviews but wanted to see what the good people of RAWK were thinking. I'm an Android user so that rules out Apple Airpods basically, as good as they are from what I've read connectivity and performance is better from other brands.

I've come across a small brand who have good reviews and was wondering whether others had experience of them? https://mifo.co.uk/products/mifo-o5-plus-true-wireless-earbuds

I think one of the best features about these is the charging case holding up to 100 hours of charge in and can also double up as a phone charger as well, but the sound seems to be pretty impressive too.

Samsung's new Galaxy Buds Pro also seem to be excellent as well going from what I've read and I've got a Galaxy phone so would be able to unlock the best features.

Others I've read include the Jabra Elite 75t and the Sony WF-1000XM3.

There's a range of prices in that lot I know, cost isn't too much of an issue right now and the Bose Soundsport headphones I've got at the moment are great so not in a huge rush. Basically looking for recommendations or should I wait for better quality earbuds to come out later in the year?

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #277 on: January 20, 2021, 03:40:00 pm »
https://www.amazon.co.uk/AIKELA-Headphones-Bluetooth-Earphones-Waterproof/dp/B07ZQDCDPL

I got the previous ones to these and have had no issues.  Just got to watch it if you break into a run as they can drop out fairly easily.  But just walking they are fine - can't really compare to sound on other headphones but they do for me.

Offline adruk87

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #278 on: February 1, 2021, 04:22:09 pm »
Has anyone got any recommendations on wireless earphones for running?

Currently looking on Amazon and the majority of the brands are unknown but are around the £30-£40 mark, so a bit sceptical of their quality, however they fairly decent ratings.

Was looking at spending up to £80 or so. Is there a marked difference in quality at these price points?
"Corner taken quickly, ORIGI!"

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: February 1, 2021, 06:21:49 pm »
Samsung's new Galaxy Buds Pro also seem to be excellent as well going from what I've read and I've got a Galaxy phone so would be able to unlock the best features.

Others I've read include the Jabra Elite 75t and the Sony WF-1000XM3.

I wouldn't underestimate the Galaxy Buds Plus either, the design gives you plenty of passive isolation and these days they are regularly around the £100 mark compared with the £200+ of the new Pro model.