Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2897212 times)

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
Re: Mohamed Salah - African Player of the Year 2017
« Reply #3443 on: March 19, 2018, 09:14:51 pm »
Mad bastard! ;D

Klopp was eager to remind the forward that he is not alone in netting four times in one game, however.

“Maybe I should start like this: I scored four goals in a game as well, in 1991,” he said. “You can find it on YouTube [but] I’m not sure we had recorded games in those times!
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3445 on: March 19, 2018, 10:10:49 pm »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3446 on: March 19, 2018, 10:40:24 pm »
Probably been mentioned, but he's scored one more goal than Messi this season despite ~70 fewer shots.

That's ridiculous.

Really ?  Yet some people still think he's not clinical enough, but Messi is absolutely deadly - work that one out

Offline Mullalove

• Main Stander
  • Unluckeee!
« Reply #3447 on: March 19, 2018, 10:45:40 pm »
I'm starting to feel bad for Roma. We absolutely fucking rinsed them.

Thinking the same thing, poor guys.
Now I'm a believer.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3449 on: March 19, 2018, 11:00:24 pm »
I'm starting to feel bad for Roma. We absolutely fucking rinsed them.

Fuck that. They owed us one after we paid actual money for Borini.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3450 on: March 19, 2018, 11:07:58 pm »
When was the last time an African player won the Player of The Year or Golden Boot awards?

A whole two seasons ago... Mahrez.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3453 on: March 19, 2018, 11:37:03 pm »
Barney Ronay admitting how wrong he was about Salah in the Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/mar/19/mohamed-salah-liverpool-superhero-gerbil-fun-pundits-defenders

We've ALL been made mugs by him. Good read - always had time for Ronay. Good effort on describing that goal too. Ł30m wasn't too much at all for me tho, even before it went tits up and you'd got to the stage where only 5 months later, you'd give brief but considered thought to shouts for Ł50m on Richarlison. Left footed, quick, has some numbers, quick, has some experience, left footed, quick, good age and quick (with numbers - about 15 goals in his first season out wide?). Yes, do that.

EDIT: Sorry, two footed.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 11:46:17 pm by Filler. »

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #3454 on: March 19, 2018, 11:54:34 pm »
We've ALL been made mugs by him.

Nobody predicted he'd be THIS good of course - but the analytics guys had him pegged as one of the best wide forwards in europe while at Roma so look less big mugs than most of the talking heads

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #3455 on: March 19, 2018, 11:55:13 pm »
We've ALL been made mugs by him. Good read - always had time for Ronay. Good effort on describing that goal too. Ł30m wasn't too much at all for me tho, even before it went tits up and you'd got to the stage where only 5 months later, you'd give brief but considered thought to shouts for Ł50m on Richarlison. Left footed, quick, has some numbers, quick, has some experience, left footed, quick, good age and quick (with numbers - about 15 goals in his first season out wide?). Yes, do that.

Agreed. Even when we bought him the outlay was more than reasonable for a player with his output for the past couple of seasons.

It's just turned out that rather than being a great player, he's one of the best players in the world.

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3456 on: March 20, 2018, 12:05:53 am »
'Haha... so you might be paying thirty fucking million for a Chelsea reject? hahahahah'
''Chelsea reject how?'
'Never settled, never used... hahaha'

all that. Was a great few weeks those.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3457 on: March 20, 2018, 12:14:50 am »
Fuck that. They owed us one after we paid actual money for Borini.
indeed, and Aquilani as well (although he was ok when he played)

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #3458 on: March 20, 2018, 12:29:55 am »
indeed, and Aquilani as well (although he was ok when he played)

Real head scratcher of a transfer.

He seemed to be available a lot more than he actually played, and looked fairly good. I reckon if we had the analytics tools we have now, we'd have a better idea of why he flopped.

Sahin is another example of a player that looked pretty good but mysteriously never got a chance to settle.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #3459 on: March 20, 2018, 12:42:21 am »

I actually suggested in the RAWK season preview that some of the scribes put together that Salah was extremely underrated, was looking like someone capable of Sanchez output in terms of G+A and was on an upward curve which could continue as he peaked. Suggested if we signed him for Ł90m we would likely all feel better as we had made a big statement signing rather the hand wringing over how little we spent as a whole due to picking up good players at undervalued prices.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3460 on: March 20, 2018, 12:44:27 am »
Aquilani was a poor mans Glenn Hoddle. A skint one really. Never really looked likely, and the calls for his involvment baffled me at times. Maybe in a different system or this or that or the other but nothing there for me.

Fuck this so called Salah Tax anyhow ;D

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #3461 on: March 20, 2018, 01:04:59 am »
Sahin is another example of a player that looked pretty good but mysteriously never got a chance to settle.

wasn't that because he never got along with Brendan? I remember reading some comments of the sort from Sahin back then.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3462 on: March 20, 2018, 01:19:09 am »
Aquilani Probably never settled in in one anyway. He showed up with a long-term injury couldn’t really get up to speed with the pace of play and really wasn’t a fighter. It was a terrible transfer all around especially in hindsight

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #3463 on: March 20, 2018, 01:59:47 am »
The only thing I'm worried about with Salah is the inevitable transfer speculation and absolute bollocks that will take place all summer long. I already can't wait for the summer window to open just so I can count the days before it closes gain. I have a feeling a few clubs, and mainly Real Madrid, will offer us serious money for him, perhaps as much as or even more than we got for Coutinho. I just hope we hold out. We're really starting to build something special with this squad, and he's the talisman it needs to be built around.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3464 on: March 20, 2018, 02:50:17 am »
The only thing I'm worried about with Salah is the inevitable transfer speculation and absolute bollocks that will take place all summer long. I already can't wait for the summer window to open just so I can count the days before it closes gain. I have a feeling a few clubs, and mainly Real Madrid, will offer us serious money for him, perhaps as much as or even more than we got for Coutinho. I just hope we hold out. We're really starting to build something special with this squad, and he's the talisman it needs to be built around.

Already started. The usual suspects have already started writing articles saying Liverpool won't sell for any money even if Real Madrid come calling and in doing so helped start the chat.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3465 on: March 20, 2018, 02:59:08 am »
He won;t be going anywhere this summer. Next summer? Well that's a different thing altogether.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #3466 on: March 20, 2018, 03:09:03 am »
He won;t be going anywhere this summer. Next summer? Well that's a different thing altogether.

Yep. Better holiday bargains in a non-World Cup year! He might even go to Torremolinos!
Better looking than Samie.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3467 on: March 20, 2018, 03:09:32 am »

Let's start early then with this and decide not to sell him. We could reinvest the 140m from Coutinho's sale into two or three top players that will convince Salah to stay and win the league and CL here.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #3468 on: March 20, 2018, 03:48:44 am »

Bobby is who it is built around, I’d be more fearful of him leaving than Salah.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3469 on: March 20, 2018, 04:55:24 am »
Yep. Better holiday bargains in a non-World Cup year! He might even go to Torremolinos!

Nice

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #3470 on: March 20, 2018, 05:45:13 am »

All depends if we start winning things for me. Start winning titles and trophies and I think Mo would be happy to stay for a long time.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3471 on: March 20, 2018, 08:04:45 am »
His agent will want to to get him a pay rise perhaps. Some of the drivel on radio this morning. Not every player acts like fucking Neymar and wants to jump ship.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3472 on: March 20, 2018, 08:04:54 am »

Liverpool is perfect club for him. He has changed many clubs in his career, and he was never this good. I believe that's got to do a lot with Klopp. We blame the manager when we draw or lose, but we should also give credit when we win and when we play beautifully.

Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #3473 on: March 20, 2018, 08:13:06 am »
All depends if we start winning things for me. Start winning titles and trophies and I think Mo would be happy to stay for a long time.

I agree. I don`t see him leaving, or indeed the club contemplating selling this summer, but next season will be pivotal (and the european cup this season of course). If we are not quite there next season and don`t look like taking the next step that we need to then I am pretty sure he will be off. However, I am pretty confident that we are on the verge of something very special and believe that next season we will finally achieve what many of us have waited for too long to see again
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #3474 on: March 20, 2018, 08:20:04 am »
Rumours are inevitable if we have good players, and a good sign.

In the Suarez and Coutinho cases, it was obvious that they saw la liga and Barca as the highest possible level. This is the case for most players from South America, for obvious cultural reasons.

I have no idea what Egyptians in general and Salah in particular consider the most prestigious league.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3475 on: March 20, 2018, 09:32:35 am »

Yeah exactly this. Got to keep showing signs of intent. I'm sure we will this summer.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3476 on: March 20, 2018, 09:47:48 am »
sigh, this is all we are going to hear every single week from now until he leaves. pathetic journalism, of course every single team on planet earth wants him, only a select few have the money.

for me, salah appears to have a lot more integrity than players we could mention from the past, im very confident his heart is at liverpool just now. that said, we do have to start winning trophies or we eventually lose all our good players and constantly rebuild.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3477 on: March 20, 2018, 09:49:27 am »
Not worried about him leaving. He's moved around a lot in the last 5 years, and has finally found a team and manager that gets the best out of him, and a fanbase that adores him. Even if Barca/Madrid are his dream moves, it wouldn't make sense for him to move this summer.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #3478 on: March 20, 2018, 09:51:36 am »
If you don't want players to be linked to clubs elsewhere then we should just start buying the likes of Adam and Carroll again and settle for mid table.

Online has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3479 on: March 20, 2018, 09:58:41 am »
If you don't want players to be linked to clubs elsewhere then we should just start buying the likes of Adam and Carroll again and settle for mid table.

its the triresome way liverpool players, particularly our goalscorers, are always 'top gossip' for this kind of trash reporting, often based on nothing. cannot recall even 1 report of de bruyne or auguero being linked with barca, real or psg, funny that!

anyways, he plays for liverpool and seems to be having the time of his life. long may it continue.
- all in my opinion of course -