Author Topic: Golf Betting Thread  (Read 228801 times)

Offline AdamR

• Legacy Fan
Re: Golf Betting Thread
« Reply #400 on: May 11, 2011, 05:48:12 pm »
TPC - Sawgrass

Luke Donald @ 16/1
Matt Kuchar @ 28/1
Bill Haas @ 66/1
Francesco Molinari @ 80/1
Alvaro Quiros @ 125/1 (Free bet)

Iberdola

Shane Lowry @ 40/1
Jaco Van Zyl @ 66/1

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: May 11, 2011, 07:21:54 pm »
Luke Donald @ 16/1
Adam Scott @ 33/1
Ben Crane @ 33/1
Jason Day @ 50/1

Offline wardides

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A FUCKING BEACH BALL
« Reply #402 on: May 11, 2011, 10:04:09 pm »
Considering taking the 5/6 on Goosen to beat Els.

Els is playing like a drain of late, missed the cut here last year and managed 45th the year before. If Goosen makes the cut I don't think he'll be far away from having it tied up on Friday really. I certainly can't see Els blowing anyway away.

Where is this?
Bet 1, Lyon v B Munich...No Hat Trick @ 1.03.
Little does he know, he's left the Beatles and joined fucking Razorlight.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: May 11, 2011, 10:07:50 pm »
Bet365

Offline wardides

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A FUCKING BEACH BALL
« Reply #404 on: May 11, 2011, 10:12:19 pm »
Bet365

Cheers.

I've gone on Scott aswell, fancy a double tomorrow on Mythical 2 balls on PP. Adam Scott and Rickie Fowler ( v Zach Jonshon and Andres Romero). Pays about 11/5.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: May 11, 2011, 10:38:51 pm »
For the players I think i have found an absolutley stunning bit of value on the Spread.

Kenny Perry is 61-64 (buy 61 Sell 64).  And the cut is top 70.  The market states that the maximum make up is 70.  So if Kenny misses the cut the maximum loss for a £1 stake is £9.

Kenny is 10-1 for a top 20 finish with the bookies but this spread will give 41-1 if he finishes in say 20th and 50-1 for a top 10 finish (25's best with bookies).  50th will get you 11-1 etc

Perry has vast experience here at Sawgrass and makes the cut more often than not (T-22 last year). He's playing shit hot on the champions tour this year also.

Am I right in what I am saying regarding the spread?

Offline JM10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: May 12, 2011, 12:00:26 pm »
Players - Donald 14/1, Na 80/1, Mahan 33/1 and Cink 100/1.

Also did Rhys Davies and Larrazabal in Mallorca, 25/1 and 16/1.
Twitter

Betfair referral code: 7X3XLFRPH

Offline paddys left peg

• Kemlynite
  • L.F.C Your the measure of my dreams
« Reply #407 on: May 12, 2011, 01:19:35 pm »
Good start from Davies -4 after round 1. Not so good from Lowry +2 after r1.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: May 12, 2011, 03:20:09 pm »
Not so good from Mr Woods. +5 after 6

In fairness he has been injured and I feel he rushed back for this.  Wouldn't be surprised if he didn't show up tomorrow.

Offline -Gianni-

• Would have wood if Tiger Woods would
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: May 12, 2011, 03:35:38 pm »
Not so good from Mr Woods. +5 after 6

In fairness he has been injured and I feel he rushed back for this.  Wouldn't be surprised if he didn't show up tomorrow.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's had enough before he's finished this round. Hasn't even played a full 18 holes since the Masters. Add that to not being fit enough and the course not suiting him at all, he's wasting his time out there.
So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Offline -Gianni-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: May 12, 2011, 03:45:21 pm »
Tiger withdraws.
So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Offline JM10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: May 12, 2011, 03:46:09 pm »
Yeah Woods has withdrawn now, McDowell just tweeted that he just limped past him in the locker room so must still be injured/aggravated it again.
Twitter

Offline paddys left peg

• Kemlynite
« Reply #412 on: May 12, 2011, 03:57:54 pm »
Anybody if the bookies will give you your money back if bet on Tiger?

Offline JM10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: May 12, 2011, 04:04:03 pm »
Anybody if the bookies will give you your money back if bet on Tiger?

They wouldn't normally, but just seen that SkyBet have given them back as free bets. Depends who you're with really.
Twitter

Offline paddys left peg

• Kemlynite
« Reply #414 on: May 12, 2011, 04:21:39 pm »
Paddy Power. Ah sure ill fly in and see if they will. If they do ill stick it on Kaymer, looks in the mood.

Offline -Gianni-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: May 12, 2011, 04:24:34 pm »
Good chance they will mate. They refund quite a bit with their 'Justice Payout' thing.

Offline AdamR

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: May 12, 2011, 04:29:31 pm »
Shame that for Tiger, silly the people who did bet on him though. 

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #417 on: May 12, 2011, 04:35:08 pm »
Agree, can't sympathise with them.
hi

Offline -Gianni-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: May 12, 2011, 04:55:50 pm »
Paddy Power. Ah sure ill fly in and see if they will. If they do ill stick it on Kaymer, looks in the mood.

They are refunding.

Offline wardides

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A FUCKING BEACH BALL
« Reply #419 on: May 12, 2011, 05:01:50 pm »
Adam Scott not having the greatest of days.  All on my Ricky Foweler/Goosen double over 72 holes, against Romero and Els.

Offline paddys left peg

• Kemlynite
« Reply #420 on: May 12, 2011, 05:42:06 pm »
Yeah got my money back, stuck it on Kaymer, Cheers.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: May 12, 2011, 10:16:35 pm »
Oh bollocks!!! My link to the golf observer site that shows past results of a trourney automatically defaults to The Houston Open.  Maggert did finish 6th in that last year but as for THIS tournement he hasnt been near the top 20 since 2003.

Had a fiver on top 10 and top 20 before i realized my gaff. - If it comes in which i seriously doubt it's pure fluke.

Phew!!! NR

Now who to waste the returned tenner on?

Offline 51cam

• Because 5 + 1 = 7 ;)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: May 13, 2011, 12:17:25 am »
Decided to get on Quiros late last night! Delighted now!

Money back on Tiger. I would have taken that yesterday! 8)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 12:20:30 am by 51cam »

Offline AdamR

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: May 13, 2011, 08:14:17 am »
To the people who did bet on tiger, may I ask why?  There just doesn't seem any logic to me.  Not played for a while, still not back playing properly as of yet and he went off favourite? 

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: May 13, 2011, 08:36:29 am »
Anyone see Hoffman snap his putter in half last night? Also showed you him in this last year chucking his putter in the lake when he 3 putted from 6 ft. Funny as fuck. ;D

This the clip from last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgJ00YjPWWE
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 12:32:22 pm by Buck Pete »

Offline AdamR

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: May 13, 2011, 09:04:17 am »
Haha @ that putter throw, did he just use one of his woods last year to putt with?
This year was after the 18th though I think.

Anyway good starts from Quiros, Donald and Kuchar

Offline 51cam

• Because 5 + 1 = 7 ;)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: May 13, 2011, 11:36:45 am »
To the people who did bet on tiger, may I ask why?  There just doesn't seem any logic to me.  Not played for a while, still not back playing properly as of yet and he went off favourite? 

Mate its easy to say that now.I backed him and tipped him but it was purely from a value point of view. Okay he was favorite and there were multiple reasons not to back him but some week he is gonna win at big odds and we won't get that value again.

Why would someone back LFC at half time in Istanbul?Why do people back Ronnie O'Sullivan in snooker? He is a loose canon but in any given event he can produce winning performances regardless of build up to the tourney, odds, etc. We nearly saw Tiger do this at the Masters. He had no right to win but on the final round he pulled a ridiculous round out of the hat and put himself in contention.

For me it came down to Tiger Woods + 16/1 + 6 Places = Worth a punt.

to be honest if someone told me or you that they were backing Mark O'Meara and he withdrew after nine holes we'd be saying the same thing.

I'ev no regrets in backing him but I understand your argument.

Offline AdamR

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: May 13, 2011, 11:45:35 am »
I would have said the same at the start mate, I wasn't criticising as such, just looking for the reasons which you have gave.

My only argument is that he hadn't played since The Masters and Sawgrass isn't a course you can just jump on without any preparation.

Offline 51cam

• Because 5 + 1 = 7 ;)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: May 13, 2011, 12:03:29 pm »
I would have said the same at the start mate, I wasn't criticising as such, just looking for the reasons which you have gave.

My only argument is that he hadn't played since The Masters and Sawgrass isn't a course you can just jump on without any preparation.

Yeah, I totally understand what your saying and I agree to an extent but I guess I'm too greedy! Tiger at 16/1 sells me every time! ;)

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #429 on: May 13, 2011, 01:07:21 pm »
Yeah, I totally understand what your saying and I agree to an extent but I guess I'm too greedy! Tiger at 16/1 sells me every time! ;)

And that is why he was only 16s rather than the reality of much bigger.

Watney showing me up the twat :D
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: May 13, 2011, 03:26:51 pm »
Toms going well again. Nice to see.

I REALLY need Kenny Perry to find some Birdies so I am going to cry some in as it worked for a last minute goal I needed a few months back.

Kenny...Pretty please..with sugar on top..Make the fucking cut

Offline JM10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: May 13, 2011, 06:00:25 pm »
He'll probably need to go 2 under today to make it, very doable. Cracking shouts on Toms and Goydos so far though.
Twitter

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: May 13, 2011, 07:34:41 pm »
Great grinding Round by Perry - never gave up and rewarded by a birdie on 17 to finish -1.  Projected cut is anything below E Par so Kenny looks ok for the time being. Blow wind..BLOW.

Its going to very interesting to see what the spread will offer on the Perry sell later when the day is complete. I dont think it will be enough for me to close out and in any case I have faith in Perry going low tomorrow.  Did this to a tenner stake so happy with any finishing position above 61!!!

Apparantley Goydos had an Eagle chance on 16 and 3 putted then went in the drink on 17. Muppet.

Offline 51cam

• Because 5 + 1 = 7 ;)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: May 14, 2011, 12:07:09 am »
Luke and Glover keeping me well happy! My other four bets not totally out of it yet!

Just after doing a small ew double on Striker (10/1, 2 off the lead, Top 4 place) and Levet (14/1, 4 off the lead, Top 3 place). Just for fun!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 12:36:16 am by 51cam »

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: May 14, 2011, 12:08:48 am »
Great stuff from Luke.  If only Mickleson could pull off some magic tomorrow....
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: May 14, 2011, 12:19:08 am »
Considering taking the 5/6 on Goosen to beat Els.

Els is playing like a drain of late, missed the cut here last year and managed 45th the year before. If Goosen makes the cut I don't think he'll be far away from having it tied up on Friday really. I certainly can't see Els blowing anyway away.

The Big Easy misses the cut.

Fuck off Big easy.

Offline 81a

• From Speke to Bootle via Broad Green. All aboard!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: May 14, 2011, 02:46:24 am »
The Big Easy misses the cut.

Fuck off Big easy.

Ticket to the poor house mate.

Realised this a few years ago in the Prom Am at St Andrews when he only had to par home from the 17th and he putted off the green at the 17th and cost me a grand.

I've never forgave the "big easy dollope of shite"

Offline 81a

• From Speke to Bootle via Broad Green. All aboard!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: May 14, 2011, 02:54:02 am »
Bevied but here's my assement at the half way stage

Donald - Not sure he's got the nuts to finish this but we'll find out on Sunday (I doubt it)
Tom's  - Big day on Saturday - Can he put 3 big rounds in on the bounce - I think he can but will struggle on Sunday
Glover - Expected a down day today after his rush fuelled 67 yesterday coming off a win. If he's within 2 shots of the lead after Saturday I'd expect him to win.

McDowell - Had a fluke birdie on the 6th yesterday that suggests this might be his week. Could well be.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: May 14, 2011, 09:37:03 am »
No poor house here - on Goose to beat him.

Offline JM10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: May 14, 2011, 11:49:40 am »
Going pretty well for me so far, got Donald and Mahan right up there. Cink further back but he's good at creeping up the leaderboard as the week goes by. I think McDowell wins this though.
Twitter