Author Topic: Newcastle - RIP Jamal Khashoggi; Free Salma al-Shehab  (Read 1923680 times)

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
Re: General Newcastle United thread - now with added Benitez
« Reply #12640 on: December 5, 2018, 04:23:11 pm »
bloody hell 10 years!

didnt realize
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12641 on: December 5, 2018, 04:38:35 pm »
bloody hell 10 years!

didnt realize
Yep, just after the fat fuck treated Kevin Keegan so bad he was forced to resign.

And by Christ he's done a hell of a lot of shitty things since then, if I started making a list I would be on all night.

I loathe and despise him.  Everything about him.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #12642 on: December 5, 2018, 05:41:58 pm »
It was September 2008 mate.

It seems like a life time ago and it sickens me to think I've been robbed of going to St James to support my team all this time.  But worse than that I feel, my Da who is coming up to 62 now and went to his 1st match as a 9 year old in the 60's and followed them all over the place and he had a season ticket for 34 years in a row, his loathing for Fat Mike forced him to stop going to the match as well.
Hope you both will enjoy a game soon, mate.

Offline bam09

• Brexiteer who lives in Canada. Is alright Jack...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12643 on: December 5, 2018, 05:45:45 pm »
It was September 2008 mate.

It seems like a life time ago and it sickens me to think I've been robbed of going to St James to support my team all this time.  But worse than that I feel, my Da who is coming up to 62 now and went to his 1st match as a 9 year old in the 60's and followed them all over the place and he had a season ticket for 34 years in a row, his loathing for Fat Mike forced him to stop going to the match as well.

Would you consider buying a ticket off of the secondary market(though not a tout)? The club wouldn't see any money off you. Hope you and your da can get back to SJP as soon as possible.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12644 on: December 5, 2018, 10:37:31 pm »
Got to love Wor Alan  :D

clabby's @Topshoprhymney

@alanshearer Morning Al, simple question and an honest answer, please if you will.
Do you ever think ' What if I'd signed for Manchester United'?
Thanks.

Alan Shearer @alanshearer

NEVER!  I couldn’t stand them then and I can’t stand them now!!!

https://twitter.com/alanshearer/status/1070273725407395840

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12645 on: December 5, 2018, 11:39:38 pm »
Hope you both will enjoy a game soon, mate.
Hope you and your da can get back to SJP as soon as possible.
Thank you, I hope it happens real soon.

Rumour I heard is that it could be done and dusted before the next transfer window is closed, but, well it is just a rumour so have to wait and see what happens.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #12646 on: December 6, 2018, 12:09:40 am »
After that loss to us, lovely to see Rafa hold them to a draw at home.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Paully

• Not the BlackAndWhitey one!
  • Kopite
« Reply #12647 on: December 6, 2018, 08:01:05 am »
After that loss to us, lovely to see Rafa hold them to a draw at home.

Should have won it at the end as well - Atsu had two good chances!

I'd certainly have taken a point pre-match mind!

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12648 on: December 6, 2018, 09:47:07 am »
4 points off drop, 10 points from 5 games

looking better

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12649 on: December 6, 2018, 10:20:38 am »
We showed guts and determination last night, scrapping for every ball.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12650 on: December 6, 2018, 10:27:50 am »
We showed guts and determination last night, scrapping for every ball.
one of the few compliments (probably the only one) taggart ever gave Rafa was that his Liverpool teams always gave a game

he said something like his teams even when they won knew that they were in for a hard game and would have to fight for everything

even if this does go through though would it be it done in time to make moves in january

there was even a suggestion on 5 live (which funny enough i thought of myself about 2 seconds before they said it) was if ashley spent money in january it could be built in to purchase price to refund him

example he spends 100m in january and the club is up for 400m

new owner buys the club for 400m and gives ashley 100m

makes sense i think, but unlikely to happen

Offline Paully

• Kopite
« Reply #12651 on: December 6, 2018, 12:05:09 pm »
one of the few compliments (probably the only one) taggart ever gave Rafa was that his Liverpool teams always gave a game

he said something like his teams even when they won knew that they were in for a hard game and would have to fight for everything

even if this does go through though would it be it done in time to make moves in january

there was even a suggestion on 5 live (which funny enough i thought of myself about 2 seconds before they said it) was if ashley spent money in january it could be built in to purchase price to refund him

example he spends 100m in january and the club is up for 400m

new owner buys the club for 400m and gives ashley 100m

makes sense i think, but unlikely to happen

Got to hope a sale goes through as we are relegation fodder without the great man in the dugout.

Offline Paully

• Kopite
« Reply #12652 on: December 6, 2018, 12:08:09 pm »
I think you lot will like this  ;D

Send it to any Everton that you know!

https://twitter.com/fun88eng/status/1070610513095258112

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12653 on: December 6, 2018, 12:09:42 pm »
Got to hope a sale goes through as we are relegation fodder without the great man in the dugout.
i was worried a few weeks back

but there is some absolute dross down there, Burnley are shit altogether

think there will be three teams worse than you lot, but its not where you should be aiming. sadly its how it is. yous have a pretty average squad

bit of investment in january, get a similar finish to last season and you could give Rafa a good base to get up the table in the next few years. yous can be a very attractive proposition given the telly money, the manager and a huge stadium.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12654 on: December 6, 2018, 04:23:15 pm »
Newcastle United could be the latest Premier League soccer team to have American owners in $382 million takeover

A successful deal would bring his tumultuous 11 years in charge at the club to an end. Ashley is also the majority shareholder in U.K.-based sporting goods chain Sports Direct and gave an interview to Sky News earlier this week saying discussions over a sale "are at a more progressed stage than they have ever been."

Ashley could be considering as many as three other offers from interested parties — all thought to be around his £300 million ($382 million) valuation.

Adam Reed   | @adamsreed
Published 4 Hours Ago

The owner of English Premier League team Newcastle United, Mike Ashley, is reportedly in talks with an American financial investment firm over a potential sale of the club.

A successful deal would bring his tumultuous 11 years in charge at the club to an end. Ashley is also the majority shareholder in U.K.-based sporting goods chain Sports Direct and gave an interview to Sky News earlier this week saying discussions over a sale "are at a more progressed stage than they have ever been."

It's now believed the bid he was referring to is from the financial advisory company Rockefeller Capital Management. Rockefeller is thought to be working with former Manchester United and Chelsea Chief Executive Peter Kenyon as part of a consortium, but it's not known if a formal bid has been lodged yet.

Ashley could be considering as many as three other offers from interested parties — all thought to be around his £300 million ($382 million) valuation.

"I am hopeful — for the Newcastle fans, for the club, for everybody, that I will be able to step aside and we will be able to get an owner in that will please everybody," Ashley said Monday, adding that he was not in exclusive talks with any party.

Ashley bought a controlling stake in the club in 2007 for around £134 million. He has a reported net worth of $3.8 billion and has often been criticized for a lack of investment in the playing squad at Newcastle. He added that any potential buyer must be able to provide transfer funds.

"I'm very keen to sell it to the right buyer so that everybody's happy," he added. "That would be good news."

The club based in the north east of England has officially been up for sale for a year, but according to Ashley recent bids were all deemed to be unsuitable.

In order to complete any takeover, all bids are subject to the Premier League's fit and proper person's test, which could take as long as two weeks to complete. This would make Ashley's estimation of a finalized deal by January 1 seem ambitious at this stage.

Newcastle has twice been relegated from the Premier League under Ashley's ownership, regaining promotion again to the top division in May 2017. It was not until November 3 that Newcastle won its first Premier League game this season, after only spending £30 million on transfers in the summer and making a net profit of £7 million after player sales.

Former England soccer striker Michael Owen remains Newcastle's record transfer signing when he signed for £16 million in August 2006. No other current Premier League team has endured such a long period without breaking its transfer record.

Of the 20 Premier League teams, currently five have some form of American ownership, including the Glazer family at Manchester United, John W. Henry at Liverpool and Shahid Khan at Fulham.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/06/newcastle-united-premier-league-soccer-team-takeover.html
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12655 on: December 6, 2018, 04:55:50 pm »
I stopped reading after here    'Newcastle United could be the latest Premier League soccer team'      ::)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12656 on: December 6, 2018, 05:59:03 pm »
... wring Fat Mike's neck?

Nice idea but you'll need a belt or something.  A big belt.  No way anybody is getting their hands around it, that's for sure! ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12657 on: December 6, 2018, 06:03:58 pm »
One of the biggest shithouses in the sport is Ashley, no interest whatsoever in making Newcastle competitive

Offline Paully

• Kopite
« Reply #12658 on: December 6, 2018, 06:48:21 pm »
Great thread about Rafa this - some brilliant comments - this takeover better bastard happen   :smitten:

https://twitter.com/johnnythenic/status/1070702826421186567?s=21

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #12659 on: December 7, 2018, 03:12:13 pm »
"‘He frequently stays at the same hotel which my wife runs when Newcastle stay overnight before games. Says he’s an absolute gentleman, but has a fondness for a certain brand of chocolate ice cream. So she always sneaks some into his room so the nutritionist doesn’t tell him off!’

Yes, lad.

Enjoyed that piece.

https://www.football365.com/news/manager-in-the-media-everyones-favourite-rafael-benitez
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #12660 on: December 7, 2018, 03:30:47 pm »
"‘He frequently stays at the same hotel which my wife runs when Newcastle stay overnight before games. Says he’s an absolute gentleman, but has a fondness for a certain brand of chocolate ice cream. So she always sneaks some into his room so the nutritionist doesn’t tell him off!’

Yes, lad.

Enjoyed that piece.

https://www.football365.com/news/manager-in-the-media-everyones-favourite-rafael-benitez

Ta for that. Great read... :thumbup
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12661 on: December 7, 2018, 07:20:29 pm »
Great thread about Rafa this - some brilliant comments - this takeover better bastard happen   :smitten:

https://twitter.com/johnnythenic/status/1070702826421186567?s=21

Cheers for that, loved it and great to see Newcastle fans love him too.

These bits stuck out for me, from when he was manager of our club:

His team can score an incredible and important goal and it won’t register any emotion on his face at all. Rather, he will take a note of something on a piece of paper

Champions league semi against Chelsea. Penalty shoot out. He sits down on the pitch so he didn’t block the view of the supporters behind him.

When he left #LFC Rafa donated £96,000 the Hillsborough families, long before the Truth finally came out’
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #12662 on: December 7, 2018, 07:37:56 pm »
I'm only here to say how much I love Rafa. He's actually made me look out for Newcastle results.

Hope he has a lovely Christmas day

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12663 on: December 9, 2018, 04:07:50 am »
I'm only here to say how much I love Rafa. He's actually made me look out for Newcastle results.

Hope he has a lovely Christmas day
After the Boot Room boys, Rafa and Klopp absolutely get Liverpool and they are one of us. Others not so much. And we will forever and always stand behind them
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #12664 on: December 9, 2018, 04:10:23 am »
After the Boot Room boys, Rafa and Klopp absolutely get Liverpool and they are one of us. Others not so much. And we will forever and always stand behind them

Houllier?
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #12665 on: December 9, 2018, 06:23:59 pm »
Shot themselves in the foot again with a silly red card and giving away a late goal.

Still don't think they'll go down (primarily because of Rafa) , but they are desperately in need of investment.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12666 on: December 9, 2018, 08:00:11 pm »
Lascelles had a shocker today, really not seeing all the hype about him being in the England squad etc. Senor arrogante as referee didn't help either as he had a shocker too.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #12667 on: December 9, 2018, 08:07:53 pm »
I'm only here to say how much I love Rafa. He's actually made me look out for Newcastle results

Same until their fans social betrayal behaviour at Anfield
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12668 on: December 9, 2018, 11:16:33 pm »
Think the elbow on Perez could have been a red on another day with another ref
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Direct Action Now
« Reply #12669 on: December 9, 2018, 11:20:24 pm »
Hope Rafa sends his kids round to do knock and run on Dean's house.

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #12670 on: December 10, 2018, 05:06:15 am »
The planned boycot was cancelled because there are ongoing talks about a takeover? That’s pathetic.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12671 on: December 10, 2018, 09:46:24 pm »
The planned boycot was cancelled because there are ongoing talks about a takeover? That’s pathetic.

Seems backwards to me. Surely that's the time when you want to be trying to put the pressure on Ashley to pack up and bugger off?

And if they're worried about it putting off potential buyers, I'd suggest the type of buyers who are worried about that kind of thing aren't the kind of owners a club would want.

Offline Paully

• Kopite

Offline Paully

• Kopite
General Newcastle United thread - now with added Benitez
« Reply #12673 on: December 13, 2018, 11:32:41 pm »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12674 on: December 14, 2018, 12:03:35 am »
I will start clapping after the fat Lady has sung, and not before.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12675 on: December 14, 2018, 12:07:58 am »
Signing Almiron from Atlanta?
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12676 on: December 15, 2018, 04:57:13 pm »
Get in Rafa la!

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #12677 on: December 15, 2018, 04:58:43 pm »

Top result that, now 14th - 6 points clear of relegation zone, 5 points the teams above them.

At home vs Fulham next...

vs Huddersfield highlights - https://www.reddit.com/r/footballhighlights/comments/a6fq2f/huddersfield_town_vs_newcastle_united_premier/
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12678 on: December 15, 2018, 05:00:29 pm »
Great counter - attack goal.

I don't think Huddersfield had a clear chance the entire game, a great Dubravka save from a free kick was closest iirc, there was another shot from within the box that Dubravka saved well but was offside.

You've got to respect that level of organisation, but now that Dummett is back hopefully they go back to 4 at the back and try to go up the table, the way they play the 3 at the back it often ends up 5 with limited control of midfield and the ball. Fantastic control of the spaces though.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12679 on: December 15, 2018, 05:07:01 pm »
A perfectly good goal by Perez given as offside.

Get your eyes chalked you cockeyed c*nt.

Newcastle won this 2-0 in my book     :wave