Author Topic: General Manchester City thread  (Read 3433814 times)

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: General Manchester City thread
« Reply #16120 on: May 27, 2017, 04:43:59 pm »
Pretty much, not been tearing up many trees worth 50m...
Has a habit of missing open goals as well. Was bitter when he left but we replaced him was a far superior player for half the money.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #16121 on: May 27, 2017, 04:57:32 pm »
That kid at the end :(
Wow. That had me welling up too

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16122 on: May 28, 2017, 03:18:31 am »
The Europa league is the third in line after the champions league and the league title of a major footballing nation. Mourinho has had a successful season, champions league qualification as well, easily surpassing Pep.

Sets things nicely up for next season - Chelsea (Conte) Utd (Mourinho) City (Pep ) teams with the top resources with highly decorated managers with varying approaches to the game, Liverpool (Klopp) and Spurs (Pochettino) lesser resources, good managers who have to give that bit extra to their teams to get them challenging up there, Arsenal (Wenger) tbc, Newcastle (Benitez), top manager first season back, you don't expect them to be challenging up there but he will build a team that will be competitive against every one of those top sides, I would include Koeman and Everton in the list but they don't really seem to have a direction.

A great collection of top managers, varying approaches, teams with money who can scout the world, so much scope for improvement if you get the scouting and tactics right.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #16123 on: May 28, 2017, 03:34:37 am »
Leicester are going to be a top half team too next season you would think, their form was excellent once Shakespeare took over. Once more unto the breach!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #16124 on: May 28, 2017, 08:26:21 am »
Actually there is. XXavi tends to look down on everything  that doesn't shine out of Barca's or Pep's arse.

You can say that again I hope Barca nose dive next season.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16125 on: May 28, 2017, 08:55:19 am »
Everything about City is just meh. Unlimited budget and buying expensive players left and right. Pep "Master of the Universe" as manager. It's like playing a video game with cheats: it can be fun but after a while it just gets boring.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16126 on: May 28, 2017, 09:36:26 pm »
They're signing an unknown keeper for £45m from benfica.
It's fucking obscene. Who the fuck is Ederson.

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16127 on: May 28, 2017, 09:45:29 pm »

Another Mendes client- its becoming a bit of a theme...

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #16128 on: May 28, 2017, 09:52:33 pm »
Joe Hart's Torino finished 9th, conceding 66 goals. 11 more than anyone else in the top half.

I've always seen him as a good goalkeeper, not great. Where next for him now? Definitely getting binned off by City.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #16129 on: May 28, 2017, 09:53:38 pm »
45 million  :o

Although I don't know why I'm surprised.

These plastic clubs are getting more ridiculous by the year.

Joe Hart's Torino finished 9th, conceding 66 goals. 11 more than anyone else in the top half.

I've always seen him as a good goalkeeper, not great. Where next for him now? Definitely getting binned off by City.

Yeah no clue! There was talk of Everton wasnt' there last year, but they seem to be going for that Sunderland goalie now.

Hart isn't very good, for all the crying by city fans about him being replaced, the problem wasn't Guardiola getting rid, it was replacing him with an even worse goalie that was mad. 

« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 09:55:58 pm by Die Nullfünfer »

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
« Reply #16130 on: May 28, 2017, 10:10:47 pm »
That Guardiola's such a genius isn't he? Lobbing money at everything

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16131 on: May 28, 2017, 10:17:20 pm »
Hart might not be good anymore, but the season when City first won the league he was brilliant.

A shadow of that player now it seems.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16132 on: May 28, 2017, 10:18:25 pm »
That Guardiola's such a genius isn't he? Lobbing money at everything
Rightly so. I hope we do the same

Offline digger barnes 87

• Kopite
  • TOXTETH RED 4 life
« Reply #16133 on: May 28, 2017, 10:40:22 pm »
In talks with Sporting to sign William Carvalho as well apparently.
“Don’t worry Alan. At least you’ll be able to play close to a great team!” Bill Shankly to Alan Ball after he signed for Everton

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16134 on: May 28, 2017, 10:52:11 pm »
Another Mendes client- its becoming a bit of a theme...

Yes, Man City are playing a dangerous game.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16135 on: May 28, 2017, 11:02:01 pm »
Mendes loves the Manc clubs.

Again the pressure is all on Pep and City next season,anything less than a title is a failure.

And they have to be there or thereabouts in the CL.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline theartist

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16136 on: May 28, 2017, 11:15:46 pm »

Do you know Oblak... exactly right? and before he arrive to Atletic Madrid did you knew him?

This guy, Ederson was his substitute and is as good as him and also existed in Portugal before get to be known outside.

but fuck mendes... would be nice if Benfica players were allowed to stay more than 1 season at the team... because some of them want and is the clube and Mendes forcing them to leave.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 11:22:16 pm by theartist »

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16137 on: May 28, 2017, 11:18:39 pm »
The only thing I know about Ederson is he was incredible against Dortmund in the CL this season.

Offline theartist

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16138 on: May 28, 2017, 11:20:21 pm »
The only thing I know about Ederson is he had an absolute stormer against Dortmund this season.

that game was insane.
He has one impressive particularity, his goal kick many times is a goal opportunity for his team.
I just don´t understand where that suits Guardiola tatics, because he is constantly trying this stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZqosmw7-Sw

Offline theartist

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16139 on: May 28, 2017, 11:28:04 pm »
In talks with Sporting to sign William Carvalho as well apparently.

that guy is even slower than Yaya

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #16140 on: May 28, 2017, 11:30:26 pm »
Their spending has been mental for years but I think they will bring it to new levels this summer.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16141 on: May 28, 2017, 11:30:35 pm »
The only thing I know about Ederson is he was incredible against Dortmund in the CL this season.

He is the backup for Alisson in the Brazilian national team. Who is the backup for Szczesny at club level.

And no, he is nowhere near Oblak's level.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #16142 on: May 28, 2017, 11:34:03 pm »
Can't wait for this football bubble to burst already, this is just getting ridiculous.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16143 on: May 28, 2017, 11:36:49 pm »
Their spending has been mental for years but I think they will bring it to new levels this summer.

at this rate they will likely have spent 120 mill plus before even starting on the full backs and yet another new central defender.

Just ridiculous. I must be getting old, I see nothing at all impressive in building teams like this.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16144 on: May 28, 2017, 11:44:14 pm »
Just completly numb at the amount of money being bandied about for footballers. Its insane.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16145 on: May 29, 2017, 12:20:45 am »
Just completly numb at the amount of money being bandied about for footballers. Its insane.

They will spend more net this summer then some Premier League clubs are valued at. Its insane, and they have given up any pretence of trying to build properly if they spunk £250m+ net this summer, they will have to win the league to be perceived to have any level of success.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16146 on: May 29, 2017, 12:23:48 am »
They will spend more net this summer then some Premier League clubs are valued at. Its insane, and they have given up any pretence of trying to build properly if they spunk £250m+ net this summer, they will have to win the league to be perceived to have any level of success.

Well, you should have learned by now that it is a money laundering scheme. Prepare yourself for some players going to Chinese clubs for some ridiculous prices. My bet would be on Bony as the most likely candidate.

Online cdav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16147 on: May 29, 2017, 12:28:51 am »
Well, you should have learned by now that it is a money laundering scheme. Prepare yourself for some players going to Chinese clubs for some ridiculous prices. My bet would be on Bony as the most likely candidate.

Oh i agree, can't wait for SIPG to buy Bony for €1.3 trillion or some other bonkers deal...

The circle of new money clubs will be right at it this summer to help fund each others mad spending- there is a common theme with certain agents gettting a massive slice of the pie too in all these deals.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16148 on: May 29, 2017, 12:54:47 am »

All I remember from that game was Aubameyang bottling sitters.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16149 on: May 29, 2017, 12:56:19 am »
Do you know Oblak... exactly right? and before he arrive to Atletic Madrid did you knew him?

This guy, Ederson was his substitute and is as good as him and also existed in Portugal before get to be known outside.

but fuck mendes... would be nice if Benfica players were allowed to stay more than 1 season at the team... because some of them want and is the clube and Mendes forcing them to leave.

For 45m I'd want Oblak Buffon or Neuer. Not their substitute.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16150 on: May 29, 2017, 02:07:14 am »
If Pep fails next season (aka no silverware, or just a LC), would City fire him? Would he walk? What's the general consensus? Is he one to stay for another year if things don't work out? Would be unprecedented for him wouldn't it.

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16151 on: May 29, 2017, 02:15:27 am »
So, have they given up on Geronimo Rulli then?
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16152 on: May 29, 2017, 02:16:23 am »
If Pep fails next season (aka no silverware, or just a LC), would City fire him? Would he walk? What's the general consensus? Is he one to stay for another year if things don't work out? Would be unprecedented for him wouldn't it.

Manage Qatar for 30 million a year I'd guess.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16153 on: May 29, 2017, 02:20:29 am »
If they are indeed signing Ederson, Mendy, Fabinho, Bonucci, Carvalho, Silva and Sanchez as planned, are kids still going to continue joining their academy setup? I hope not...

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16154 on: May 29, 2017, 04:05:24 am »

I honestly think the fans will turn on him, and make it very difficult, there seem to be plenty who aren't exactly enamoured with him as it is, spoilt entitled aholes that the City fans have become.

But honestly, even thought it's not ever a sure bet, if he gets all these players in, then he will likely win, they'll just score a shit ton of goals, which they where doing at times as it was, but with Jesus available for a full season, even more attacking depth likely, not having to rely on Toure, Gundogan back, an agile not aged defence, and a goalie who can stop shots, they wont' even need Guardiola to lead 'em to some pots  :D

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16155 on: May 29, 2017, 05:32:52 am »
Chapter 9 in inventing football. Buy everyone.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16156 on: May 29, 2017, 09:13:24 am »
If they do get most of their targets then they have to win the league or CL next season.

It's really hard to love a sport when you have teams that have turned it into a farce.

I'd laugh so much if they win sod all again next year!

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16157 on: May 29, 2017, 09:32:12 am »
Yes, Man City are playing a dangerous game.
?
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #16158 on: May 29, 2017, 09:32:29 am »
What's that £100m already?

Still united haven't started spending yet... more of the same from them....

Fear not though, none of them have signed messi.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16159 on: May 29, 2017, 10:26:28 am »
These lot aren't wasting time.