Author Topic: Liverpool sign huge kit deal - Warrior to replace Adidas  (Read 237506 times)

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool sign huge kit deal - Warrior to replace Adidas
« Reply #2040 on: April 23, 2011, 03:54:05 pm »
I know people are worried about what the new kits are going to look like but we had the same worries about addidas a few years ago.  Now, people have warmed to them.  We'll get used to the new Warrior logo.  I have to admit that the name "Warrior" is really stupid though!

Warrior a stupid name for sports merchandise?
How so? I think it's fucking great.
Fight like a brave and all that.

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2041 on: April 23, 2011, 03:56:16 pm »
If this is a concern, then it's no wonder our club was financially fcuked for so long.  Even before the cowboys.  It's this type of small minded, small time shit that keeps us exactly that - small minded and small time.

It's not a 'real' concern, it's just what's to be expected from a 'small-time' brand. Having a nice looking kit helps sales.

I've already said I'm happy with the deal though seeing as the money is far more important than having pretty gear.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline imnotcomingback

• Kopite
« Reply #2042 on: April 23, 2011, 03:58:57 pm »
It's not a 'real' concern, it's just what's to be expected from a 'small-time' brand. Having a nice looking kit helps sales.

I've already said I'm happy with the deal though seeing as the money is far more important than having pretty gear.

but we don't even now they wont be pretty yet.  We should be looking at this saying that simply by changing providers, we will have increased turnover by x%.  Nobody, having made such a significant investment, is going to make a shirt that won't sell.  If anything, they'll want one that will outsell anything we've had to date.
YNWA

Offline davenorthwales

• RAWK's utilities guru
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2043 on: April 23, 2011, 03:59:32 pm »
didn't bill shankly once say back in the 60's about having a nice kit? it makes a person feel better?
can i have my old name back please?

Offline spinaltapped

• Flesh tuxedo?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Rico Suavez
« Reply #2044 on: April 23, 2011, 04:00:07 pm »
I played lacrosse in the states, so I'm familliar with the brand. They produce quality equipment, but I can't speak for their uniform designs. Their equipment designs are class if somewhat untraditional usually. I think it's a brilliant way to jump into a bigger market and I think the uniforms will be boss. And wowowow 25m.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #2045 on: April 23, 2011, 04:00:13 pm »
holy shit nesv keep coming up with these suprises
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline lovestospooge

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2046 on: April 23, 2011, 04:05:48 pm »
i'm from new york, lacrosse was a huge sport in my high school and surrounding areas (my friends little brother starts for my alma mater and whats probably the best college lacrosse team/program in the country, syracuse univeristy) everyone seemed to say it was a good thing for us. all my friends were raving about their product quality and jumped at the chance to show off their warrior stuff. i know its not football jerseys but at the very least, what they do make, is quality.

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #2047 on: April 23, 2011, 04:05:51 pm »
I'm shocked that people are still going on and on about this. This is a great deal end of story. We are about to more than double our revenue stream from our kit manufacturer. I have a feeling our kits will be absolute quality... and guess what, there is a whole year to get the kits right :)
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #2048 on: April 23, 2011, 04:06:17 pm »
And I'm thrilled there will be no more stripes. Our kits should be all red.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline Samee

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2049 on: April 23, 2011, 04:08:56 pm »
but we don't even now they wont be pretty yet.  We should be looking at this saying that simply by changing providers, we will have increased turnover by x%.  Nobody, having made such a significant investment, is going to make a shirt that won't sell.  If anything, they'll want one that will outsell anything we've had to date.

I see what you're saying and I'm kinda expecting Warrior to surprise us all and produce a very nice kit but pretty much every time an 'unknown' company has produced a football kit for a Premier League team it's been shite.
@Samee
In Leicester?

Offline Citizen Kane

• Anny Roader
  • The bereaved victim of a broken m key
« Reply #2050 on: April 23, 2011, 04:14:50 pm »
The concern is Warrior will produce something that looks cheap and stupidly overcomplicated just like what Birmingham are wearing right now.

Mind you, their keeper kit looks alright.

If we win the league in it I don't give a shit.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 04:18:50 pm by Citizen Kane »

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #2051 on: April 23, 2011, 04:31:58 pm »
I can't see them selling as many shirts as Adidas.
There will be a section of fans who won't wear the shirts or other merchandise as the brand is not 'fashionable'.
Then there are people who like Adidas and buy the shirt for the brand and not so much the team.

I only bought the reissued originals stuff from Adidas (also the France 84 and Keegan Hamburg shirt to play footy in) and I haven't owned as shirt since 84 when I was a young teenager so it means nothing to me really what we wear. But I am hoping Adidas reissue the 87 kit before the end of the season.

But 25 million is a lot of cash. I think Adidas will regret this. This new deal could set a precedent.
What is the current deal 12 million? What is an extra 13 million a year to Adidas? Chelsea will jump ship if their next contract isn't over 20 million.
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline Samee

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2052 on: April 23, 2011, 04:32:37 pm »

Yup.
@Samee
In Leicester?

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2053 on: April 23, 2011, 04:38:35 pm »
I can't see them selling as many shirts as Adidas.
There will be a section of fans who won't wear the shirts or other merchandise as the brand is not 'fashionable'.
Then there are people who like Adidas and buy the shirt for the brand and not so much the team.
Yep, thats a fear. Sad really but ya cant tell people how to spend their money. I havent bought a shirt in years, but i'll make it me business to buy this new one, regardless of what it looks like, in return for them splashing 25 mil a year on us

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #2054 on: April 23, 2011, 05:02:10 pm »
Yep, thats a fear. Sad really but ya cant tell people how to spend their money. I havent bought a shirt in years, but i'll make it me business to buy this new one, regardless of what it looks like, in return for them splashing 25 mil a year on us

All about $$$$ though. May not be a name brand here, but Warrior brand will start to get recognised. so someone in a sports store just buynig a plain t-shirt will think "oh that's the brand that do liverpool's shirt"..this is why theyre wiling to pay so much. the exposure we'll give them in Europe/far east will be worth their money
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline Abrak

• Pulling his Peter Principle
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2055 on: April 23, 2011, 05:02:14 pm »
                     Reebok

Joma       Nike        Puma      Adidas

Errea     Umbro

Kappa        Macron        Lotto

Warrior
I thought Adidas had got dropped. Not good enough. Nike and Umbro should be in the reserves.

Offline stevedo

• Lacks Emotion.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muddling through.
  • Super Title: Corbyn Circle Jerker
« Reply #2056 on: April 23, 2011, 05:04:35 pm »
This.  :D

« Reply #2057 on: April 23, 2011, 05:05:44 pm »
ask yourself, how does 25million pounds a year is achieved?  it's great on paper.. if they can achieve 25m without treading on peoples toes, thats ok
How is 23.5M a year achieved? I bet if one of our rivals had got this deal we'd all be complaining how far behind we are, why do people always have to look for the negative side of everything. If we won the league I bet some on here would find something negative to say.

Offline skooma

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our change into rain is no change at all.
« Reply #2058 on: April 23, 2011, 05:08:18 pm »
'Warrior', a subsidiary of New Balance will pay £25m per season from 2012/13 to produce the kit.

NB is class. They even make some of their shoes in America and UK instead of third world sweatshops.

Not sure how much, but definitely a step in the right direction.

Will miss the stripes though. You almost forget they are branding and think they are just part of the kit.

Offline BEAST

• IEBOY - TIME FOR BOCK BOCK!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sturridge dance
« Reply #2059 on: April 23, 2011, 05:10:11 pm »
4-1-3-2                                     
                                                         Celtic Warrior Steve Collins     

Xena Warrior Princess    Road Warrior Hawk       Road Warrior Animal     The 13th Warrior

Warrior of the wasteland Lord Humongous

King Leonadis Spartan Warrior         The Ultimate Warrior       Apache Warrior Geronimo

Ajax from the Warriors              Trojan warrior Achilles

That's some serious beef on the backline.  Nobody gonna score on us.

Offline skooma

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our change into rain is no change at all.
« Reply #2060 on: April 23, 2011, 05:13:34 pm »
if they're given the chance to find a shirt sponsor or stadium naming rights

ಠ_ಠ

Offline OrangeMochaFraps

• Legacy Fan
  • Interesting. No, wait, the other thing: tedious.
« Reply #2061 on: April 23, 2011, 05:20:53 pm »
Still pleased about this kit deal.  As long as the shirt is red, I'll be happy.  25m is big enough for a new Suarez every summer.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #2062 on: April 23, 2011, 05:20:55 pm »
We only beat Birmingham because we were wearing Adidas.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline TommyT1995

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • :)
« Reply #2063 on: April 23, 2011, 05:28:01 pm »
Althought I'm not even going to pretend that I have my head around the FFP rules, I do have a little understanding of it and the 45m that we get from Standard Chartered and Warrior won't directly mean that it means "its an extra 45m for Kenny to spend". We can make a 35m(IIRC) loss in the first 3(?) years of when FFP rules come in effect.

Although this does increase our revenue and yes it will most likely directly effect the amount of money we can spend, there is a lot of money in terms of wages, ground maintenance etc. that needs to be spent and I'm sure FSG are working on brining in maximum revenue but like I said, this won't mean we directly have 45m to spend.
Keep it simple.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2064 on: April 23, 2011, 05:32:44 pm »
 Look it's £25m .....
They're not going to send us out wearing a gimp mask, crotchless knickers and a PVC bustier.

50 pages on this shite when the worst case scenario (which probably won't happen mind) is that our kit looks slightly naff....and this is based on clueless headless chicken reactions.

Lets leave it eh lads and lasses?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #2065 on: April 23, 2011, 05:49:08 pm »
Look it's £25m .....
They're not going to send us out wearing a gimp mask, crotchless knickers and a PVC bustier.

50 pages on this shite when the worst case scenario (which probably won't happen mind) is that our kit looks slightly naff....and this is based on clueless headless chicken reactions.

Lets leave it eh lads and lasses?

Good place to leave it there - going round in circles now. Locked until we get the official announcement.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.