Author Topic: Preview: West Bromwich Albion V Liverpool 26 September  (Read 82599 times)

Offline Jonjo Legend

• Anny Roader
Re: Preview: West Bromwich Albion V Liverpool 26 September
« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2012, 05:36:37 pm »
I don't know why anyone would play a single player against West Brom who is supposed to start against Norwich. Why?

Play similar team as against Young Boys. I don't care about how "good" West Brom are. So what if we lose and get knocked out. We have a thin squad and we sure do not need 60 games this season. PL is a top priority and we need that first win of the season. We can not play our top players Wednesday and expect them Saturday to play a high intensity pressing game we need to overrun Norwich. Maybe give Sahin 45 minutes at West Brom if he is to start against Norwich due to Shelvey suspension. Give Yasil his first start. Play Pacheco wide this time.

Well my line of thinking is that I want to stay in / win the cup. Norwich - even though we desperately need a league win right now - are a team that I'm convinced we can beat with our second string if required. So if rest time is needed for some players, then in an ideal world, I'd prefer it to be against them. Obviously the key issue is if the ones who played Sunday have had sufficient recovery time. Probably not is the answer to that (which makes your concerns 100% valid)  but it's a calculated risk we might have to take in order to stay in the competition. I guess BR will have to assess each player and make a call....will be interesting to see what he does though.

Offline beefdog

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2012, 05:39:03 pm »
I'm not overly excited about Downing playing.

But it keeps him away from the team on the weekend. Looks like Suso and Sterling will be rested for this which is good, Coates too.

Online Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: September 25, 2012, 05:40:27 pm »

Well I'm assuming West Brom will field a weakened, Championship level team, and Downing's boss playing against opposition at his level.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Djibriliant

• Last of the Great Romantics. All-year-round-twattish-dresser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's Friday theeeeen, Saturday Sunday WHAT!?
« Reply #83 on: September 25, 2012, 05:42:54 pm »
rumoured team:

Jones; Wisdom, Carragher, Wilson, Robinson; Assaidi, Henderson, Sahin, Downing; Pacheco, Yesil
I'd be very pleased with that.

Pacheco would get a chance to start in his favoured position out wide. Playing Wilson in the middle would suggest Coates will be playing on the weekend. Another chance for Assaidi and Sahin to get match fitness and a bit of form. Robinson at left back is what we have been waiting to see for a while. Yesil has goals. Not overally exciting, but plenty of positives to take from that line up if we get a good result.
He wasn't perfect, he made mistakes. But he was genuine. He had the best interests of the club at heart, and gave us a plethora of successful teams that we should have been thankful for.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #84 on: September 25, 2012, 05:47:21 pm »
If that lineup is true it means that Sterling and Suso are first 11 players now.

In the summer who could have seriously thought Sterling would be a regular starter, and Suso would come in to the first 11 due to injuries. I honestly didn't. Not only is the talent there, but Rodgers believes in it too.
YWNA

Offline cyador

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: September 25, 2012, 05:49:13 pm »
If that team is correct, wouldn't it suggest that pacheco will be playing as the furthest forward of the 3 in midfield?

Hope so personally, i'm not a big fan of pacheco as a striker or even out wide. Think playing in midfield is his best hope of making it here, or being a top player somewhere else.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2012, 05:56:03 pm »

Same here, but who else can we play seeing as Suso is probably considered first team now?

Offline memoriesgone

• Anny Roader
« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2012, 06:05:05 pm »
I'd be very pleased with that.

Pacheco would get a chance to start in his favoured position out wide. Playing Wilson in the middle would suggest Coates will be playing on the weekend. Another chance for Assaidi and Sahin to get match fitness and a bit of form. Robinson at left back is what we have been waiting to see for a while. Yesil has goals. Not overally exciting, but plenty of positives to take from that line up if we get a good result.

The defence is worrying though. I hope we can cope but I think we'll end up conceding a few as we have conceded with a far better defence in many games this season.

Would be delighted to see Robbo and a good opportunity for Wisdom as well. I just hope we play Yesil and Pacheco in the correct positions. Midfield looks good and so does the attack. Hopefully a first goal of the season/LFC career for some players.

If that lineup is true it means that Sterling and Suso are first 11 players now.

In the summer who could have seriously thought Sterling would be a regular starter, and Suso would come in to the first 11 due to injuries. I honestly didn't. Not only is the talent there, but Rodgers believes in it too.

Didn't check our squad list after the transfer window? Only 16 senior outfield players along with 4 goalies. The kids were bound to feature. And with us having 2 strikers, one of whom plays wide, I think we were bound to dig into the youth ranks for options as well. I always expected Suso and Sterling to impress but there is always that little doubt whether they would be able to make an impact straight away. Thankfully for us, they have. I'm actually more surprised to see Wilson and Pacheco getting games for us but pleased for them nonetheless. :)

Online Believe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2012, 06:21:12 pm »
If that team is correct, wouldn't it suggest that pacheco will be playing as the furthest forward of the 3 in midfield?

Hope so personally, i'm not a big fan of pacheco as a striker or even out wide. Think playing in midfield is his best hope of making it here, or being a top player somewhere else.

100% agree, felt sorry for him being the '1'in a '3' against Young Boys. Will be overjoyed to see that team play - not only because of all the youngsters but it also suggests we'll see Coates & Suso in the first team at the weekend.

« Reply #89 on: September 25, 2012, 06:24:00 pm »
The defence is worrying though. I hope we can cope but I think we'll end up conceding a few as we have conceded with a far better defence in many games this season.

We've also scored more with a weaker attack so hopefully we can make the best of it

Offline Gaddur

• Boys Pen
« Reply #90 on: September 25, 2012, 06:30:03 pm »

Assaidi can also play as a n.10 so it could be either one of them in the midfield 3.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: September 25, 2012, 06:41:57 pm »
I have heard that team myself from a very good source. It seems that BR is taking the view that nobody who plays in the week will start at the weekend, albeit with no Shelvey surely Henderson will start at Norwich or perhaps Sahin.

Does this mean Coates is no 3 centre back now reinforcing the City selection ?

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #92 on: September 25, 2012, 06:45:31 pm »
I have heard that team myself from a very good source. It seems that BR is taking the view that nobody who plays in the week will start at the weekend, albeit with no Shelvey surely Henderson will start at Norwich or perhaps Sahin.

Does this mean Coates is no 3 centre back now reinforcing the City selection ?
Coates replaces Agger, carra replaces skrtel  I think
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: September 25, 2012, 06:49:37 pm »
Same here, but who else can we play seeing as Suso is probably considered first team now?

Adorjan with Pacheco on the left?

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: September 25, 2012, 06:50:14 pm »
Coates replaces Agger, carra replaces skrtel  I think
What's the difference ? Coates can play both sides equally as well as Carra.

Offline bigbear

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: September 25, 2012, 06:52:23 pm »
Not sure why we are elevating Suso so quickly. Surely an hour against a slightly weakened WBA side will be of benefit. Maybe it's because he played at YB too and they want him to start on Saturday but I'd have been giving him another hour and let him get accustomed to the team.

Offline johnhouldinglfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: September 25, 2012, 07:03:44 pm »
rumoured team:

Jones; Wisdom, Carragher, Wilson, Robinson; Assaidi, Henderson, Sahin, Downing; Pacheco, Yesil

Pretty much the team I predicted apart from Wilson ahead of Coates. Obviously with Agger injured Coates is too important for this game. I wonder if there is a chance Wilson might jump ahead of Carra in the pecking order. I'd imagine Wilson is getting picked ahead of Sama because of his greater experience. Wilson has been around the first-team squad far more, played games for Liverpool, Rangers and Scotland. By contrast the highest level Sama has played at is international U19 football. In the longer term it's hard to see Wilson having a future at the club but with the relative lack of experience I can see the sense in him playing here with Kelly and Agger injured.

Would love to see N'Goo and McLaughlin somewhere in the squad.

McLaughlin is only back from an injury and is somewhat hampered by having Johnson, Kelly, Wisdom, Flanagan ahead of him in the pecking order in his preferred right-back position. I would be surprised if we see McLaughlin feature for the first-team this season (he's still only 17)

N'goo is a bit more of a mystery given his recent goal-scoring form. However he still seems to be behind Yesil and Morgan in the young striker pecking order. I was wondering if it's possible that he is kinda the opposite of a system player. Its hard to see both Morgan and N'goo on the bench

I don't think we can say on the basis of that lineup that Suso is a first 11 player now.

I would say him being on the bench would be far more about giving Downing, Pacheco and Assaidi game time to see if they can perform to a level put pressure on the first-team players like Sterling, Shelvey, Borini.

I think Suso's appearance as a sub the last day was far more about tactically rejigging things than giving an indication of where he is in the overall pecking order - worth remembering that is was Borini he replaced. His performance will have done him no harm but I think it's more accurate to class him as a player who is a fringe squad player with (Downing, Pacheco, Assaidi) as opposed to being a first-teamer or there abouts (Suarez, Sterling, Borini, Shelvey) I doubt he is being rested to start against Norwich and would be very suprised if he was more than a sub.

Well my line of thinking is that I want to stay in / win the cup. Norwich - even though we desperately need a league win right now - are a team that I'm convinced we can beat with our second string if required. So if rest time is needed for some players, then in an ideal world, I'd prefer it to be against them. Obviously the key issue is if the ones who played Sunday have had sufficient recovery time. Probably not is the answer to that (which makes your concerns 100% valid)  but it's a calculated risk we might have to take in order to stay in the competition. I guess BR will have to assess each player and make a call....will be interesting to see what he does though.

I think it's more complex than just balancing against the Norwich game. It's about squad management for the whole of the season. We will have to rely on "fringe" players during the season and its far better to have them getting some competitive game-time. What sort of message would Rodgers be sending if he picked a first-eleven in terms of competition for places?

As it is, selecting fringe players gives them game time and a chance to put pressure on in terms of competition for first-team places. If any of Wilson, Robinson, Wisdom, Henderson, Sahin, Downing, Assaidi, Pacheco, Yesil have a good performance it means that there is more competition on first-team (starting and squad) places, which benefits everyone.

There are an awful  lot of games left in the season and its worth remembering that a lot of our squad didnt have a full summer break between the Euros, Olympics and even the Euro U19s. I'd imagine a key consideration in resting senior players is making sure we don't pick up injuries at the back-end of the season in March, April, May when having senior players fit could be key.

We could play a first-team but we increase the likelihood of picking up injuries to first-teamers and then we would be relying on bringing in players who had little or no competitive gametime to replace them.

With Kelly injured for the season :-[ and Agger injured, our current 3rd choice CB is Carra who has been performing very poorly, not to mention being 34 years of age has to be considered an injury risk. So far this season Wilson has had little to no game-time. It's not unlikely that Agger will pick up a knock again at some stage given his injury record.

Imagine a situation where Carra picks up an injury for instance (not exactly unlikely given his age) This would mean our 5th choice would be the sub centre-back. We have a high volume of games with the Europa League, the two cups not to mention the league. It's also worth remembering the number of our players who are likely to feature during international weeks and thus will be travelling as opposed to having a mini-break then. Last international break there was 20 players involved in international games. Compare this to some of the other sides in the league who don't have anything like the same number involved in internationals. They can spend the international breaks relaxing and working in match tactics whereas Liverpool's players are traipsing around picking up the air-miles.

Overall the logic in going with a weaker squad for this game makes the most sense. We don't have the squad to realistically compete in 4 competitions and this has to be assigned the lowest overall priority. In a sense we were somewhat unlucky to get a premier league side this early in the competition. However hopefully this is balance out by favourable draws in the FA Cup and the Europa knock-out stages.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 07:06:28 pm by johnhouldinglfc »

Offline fewmin' bedwetter

• Would appear to have great expectations......
  • Kopite
« Reply #97 on: September 25, 2012, 07:05:44 pm »
Would mean Coates plays vs Norwich and Pacheco would be playing in a more preferred position?
If that is the team, it COULD mean Downing as one of the midfield three - as I've said before, I've a suspicion he could surprise a few people in a more central position.
On the other hand, it may not be that at all, it could be Dani boy as the advanced midfielder.
NEVER starts a sentence with, "So..."

Offline johnhouldinglfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: September 25, 2012, 07:09:06 pm »
If that is the team, it COULD mean Downing as one of the midfield three - as I've said before, I've a suspicion he could surprise a few people in a more central position.
On the other hand, it may not be that at all, it could be Dani boy as the advanced midfielder.

I think this is very very unlikely - Downing central - given his recent performances.

Far more likely that Downing is played in his best position and Pacheco played in his best position.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: September 25, 2012, 07:10:50 pm »

If Downing plays well that is surprise enough

Offline bigbear

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: September 25, 2012, 07:15:22 pm »
I think this is very very unlikely - Downing central - given his recent performances.

Far more likely that Downing is played in his best position and Pacheco played in his best position.
I'd rather see Downing play in there too as he did for Villa quite often. Downing keeps possession better than Pacheco and maybe playing a bit deeper will allow him to get involved in the game a bit more.

Offline memoriesgone

• Anny Roader
« Reply #101 on: September 25, 2012, 07:18:44 pm »
Not sure why we are elevating Suso so quickly. Surely an hour against a slightly weakened WBA side will be of benefit. Maybe it's because he played at YB too and they want him to start on Saturday but I'd have been giving him another hour and let him get accustomed to the team.

I was wondering the same. I don't think it's a case of him being elevated although it does appear that way. I think we're being careful not to pick up injuries with already 4 first teamers not available for the couple of games. Assaidi needs time to gain fitness and BR has already overlooked Downing in favour of Suso so if he (Suso) plays tomorrow and picks up a knock then our only option wide would be Downing. I think Suso might come off the bench in the second half if he doesn't start.

Why don't we have any news of the players that are travelling? Is it because it's the Capital One Cup and nobody cares?

Offline johnhouldinglfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: September 25, 2012, 07:29:04 pm »
I was wondering the same. I don't think it's a case of him being elevated although it does appear that way. I think we're being careful not to pick up injuries with already 4 first teamers not available for the couple of games. Assaidi needs time to gain fitness and BR has already overlooked Downing in favour of Suso so if he (Suso) plays tomorrow and picks up a knock then our only option wide would be Downing. I think Suso might come off the bench in the second half if he doesn't start.

Why don't we have any news of the players that are travelling? Is it because it's the Capital One Cup and nobody cares?

Yes  ;)

From Twitter looks like Suso and Pacheco are in the squad anyway.

suso30fernandez ‏@suso30fernandez
Home now..Game tomorrow for the capital one cup against West Brom. Having a nap in a bit ..

Daniel Pacheco ‏@dani37pacheco
Training done with the rain. Game tomorrow vs west brom. Enjoy your day and get the umbrella !

Also from a tweet McLaughlin made about training, I really doubt he's involved.

Offline evanz89

• Anny Roader
  • JFT96
« Reply #103 on: September 25, 2012, 07:49:27 pm »
Really excited about seeing Yesil if he is starting, big opportunity for him to shine with us being so light up top, in fact it really is an opportunity for everyone - I love that Brendan is rewarding performances in the cup with places in the first team. The players will be fighting for everything knowing there's a real chance they could be in the team Saturday if they really impress.

How long is Cole out btw?

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #104 on: September 25, 2012, 07:54:27 pm »
COME ON REDMEN!!
Interesting line up if true. Big chance for Yesil here.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline Jonjo Legend

• Anny Roader
« Reply #105 on: September 25, 2012, 07:55:40 pm »

I think it's more complex than just balancing against the Norwich game. It's about squad management for the whole of the season. We will have to rely on "fringe" players during the season and its far better to have them getting some competitive game-time. What sort of message would Rodgers be sending if he picked a first-eleven in terms of competition for places?

As it is, selecting fringe players gives them game time and a chance to put pressure on in terms of competition for first-team places. If any of Wilson, Robinson, Wisdom, Henderson, Sahin, Downing, Assaidi, Pacheco, Yesil have a good performance it means that there is more competition on first-team (starting and squad) places, which benefits everyone.

There are an awful  lot of games left in the season and its worth remembering that a lot of our squad didnt have a full summer break between the Euros, Olympics and even the Euro U19s. I'd imagine a key consideration in resting senior players is making sure we don't pick up injuries at the back-end of the season in March, April, May when having senior players fit could be key.

We could play a first-team but we increase the likelihood of picking up injuries to first-teamers and then we would be relying on bringing in players who had little or no competitive gametime to replace them.

With Kelly injured for the season :-[ and Agger injured, our current 3rd choice CB is Carra who has been performing very poorly, not to mention being 34 years of age has to be considered an injury risk. So far this season Wilson has had little to no game-time. It's not unlikely that Agger will pick up a knock again at some stage given his injury record.

Imagine a situation where Carra picks up an injury for instance (not exactly unlikely given his age) This would mean our 5th choice would be the sub centre-back. We have a high volume of games with the Europa League, the two cups not to mention the league. It's also worth remembering the number of our players who are likely to feature during international weeks and thus will be travelling as opposed to having a mini-break then. Last international break there was 20 players involved in international games. Compare this to some of the other sides in the league who don't have anything like the same number involved in internationals. They can spend the international breaks relaxing and working in match tactics whereas Liverpool's players are traipsing around picking up the air-miles.

Overall the logic in going with a weaker squad for this game makes the most sense. We don't have the squad to realistically compete in 4 competitions and this has to be assigned the lowest overall priority. In a sense we were somewhat unlucky to get a premier league side this early in the competition. However hopefully this is balance out by favourable draws in the FA Cup and the Europa knock-out stages.

Many fair and logical points raised there mate and just an excellent response all round. It might well be that I've become more worried about losing games then players to injuries because I don't want BR to lose his job but when you consider the bigger picture (like you have suggested) I suppose if we lose any more players to injury then chances are we won't win games. Urghhhh :butt I just want us to WIN and it's driving me nuts right now.

Offline evanz89

• Anny Roader
  • JFT96
« Reply #106 on: September 25, 2012, 07:59:52 pm »
He's back in training but needs match fitness. He'll probably play for the U21's on Monday and then maybe in another U21 game too before he's ready for the first team.

Ahh right thanks mate, didn't know how far away he was from coming back and getting injured again  ;)

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: September 25, 2012, 08:07:12 pm »
Would prefer to see Wisdom & Wilson at Centre back, even Sama. Lukaka will absolutely murder Carra & Clarke will know that better than anyone.
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline stevejd63

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #108 on: September 25, 2012, 08:31:53 pm »
Would prefer to see Wisdom & Wilson at Centre back, even Sama. Lukaka will absolutely murder Carra & Clarke will know that better than anyone.

What would be the point of that. If you're gonna give youth a chance they have to play with first team players otherwise they are not really getting first team experience, they might as well be playing for the u21 if they have the same standard of team mate next to them.
Carra is in his last season for us, he knows where he is at regarding the league games. If he can pass on his experience in cup competitions I'm all for it.

This lad has never ever given less than 100% while wearing the red shirt, and while I agree his best days are behind him, the lack of respect he gets on here is beyond belief.
How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct.

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: September 25, 2012, 08:35:39 pm »
This lad has never ever given less than 100% while wearing the red shirt, and while I agree his best days are behind him, the lack of respect he gets on here is beyond belief.

Feel free to have a look at the West Brom game again when Carra got done by Lukaka on at least 3 occasions & couldn't keep his hands off him. Forgive me for having aspirations to win the game.
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #110 on: September 25, 2012, 08:54:43 pm »
On the one hand our priority is the league but on the other the CC is possibly our best chance of getting back into Europe (other than winning the Uefa cup).

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: September 25, 2012, 09:05:17 pm »
i dont know how to put it but playing carra is a waste.

we should be seeing how good sama is and what  level he's reached.or wisdom should be tried centrally.

rodgers mentioned that he want's carra's attitude to rub off on the younger player.prob wants to keep him around as much as possible
The West is finished, China is the future

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: September 25, 2012, 09:07:31 pm »
West Brom will play a weakened team and so will we.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #113 on: September 25, 2012, 09:13:05 pm »
Pretty insulting to Corkboy that within a few pages of his excellent preview, one or two posters are at each other's throats over basically nothing.

Lots of posts deleted, please behave :wave

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #114 on: September 25, 2012, 09:15:01 pm »
Think we'll put kids out and end up out of the competition
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #115 on: September 25, 2012, 09:17:09 pm »
Pretty insulting to Corkboy that within a few pages of his excellent preview, one or two posters are at each other's throats over basically nothing.

Lots of posts deleted, please behave :wave

Aplogies and agree

Have deleted mine and will try to stay out of these threads going forwards, can't help it winds you up; when you are bothering your arse to travel to support the team and all some want to do is leather the manager and players.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 09:28:28 pm by The 5th Benitle »
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: September 25, 2012, 09:17:42 pm »
I was thinking that Assaidi might play through the middle. I remember him saying that he could play the no. 11 role.

Offline anfieldanfield

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: September 25, 2012, 09:19:28 pm »
If we play that rumoured side & WBA play a first choice eleven then I think we're going out.

I appreciate that Rodgers doesn't really have much of a choice, but it would be a shame to limp out of this comp at the first hurdle.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #118 on: September 25, 2012, 09:20:20 pm »
I was thinking that Assaidi might play through the middle. I remember him saying that he could play the no. 11 role.

Is the number 11 role through the middle?
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #119 on: September 25, 2012, 09:21:34 pm »
Think we'll put kids out and end up out of the competition
You mean like Everton?  (:-X  not to jinx it)  8)
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."