Author Topic: 7he Manches7er Uni7ed 7hread - NO GREENWOOD/ANTONY*  (Read 532806 times)

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: 7he Manches7er Uni7ed 7hread - NO GREENWOOD/ANTONY*
« Reply #8280 on: February 29, 2024, 03:38:24 pm »
Yeah I can't really disagree, I never watched him play for Ajax so no idea how good he was. But he's looked terrible so far.

He looked like one of those £20-30m players that could probably make the step up to a bigger league if given time to settle in, utter madness that they paid world class money for him.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8281 on: February 29, 2024, 03:41:29 pm »
Pogba wouldn’t have had half the hype had he just stayed at United through his career (he’d still have had plenty, they obviously live to hype a young player).

But the fact he left, then looked pretty handy at a time United’s midfield started to look a bit shambolic added to the myth a bit. Buying him back for a world record fee, or close to it when he’d left on a free (or very cheap?) just made the whole think look like a bit of a vanity project for all concerned.

He had talent, and could score the odd wonder goal or make a great assist but it was all very few and far behind. Like Gerrard but if Gerrard had no drive or heart.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 03:46:14 pm by Crosby Nick »

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8282 on: February 29, 2024, 03:47:35 pm »
Pogba has put out a statement, part of it says he has "never disrespected or cheated fellow athletes and supporters of any of the teams I have played for or against."
No one is having that shite lad. Was it 2, or maybe 3 times he publicly said he didn't try hard enough in a game. Respectful fella alright

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #8283 on: February 29, 2024, 03:49:00 pm »
He looked like one of those £20-30m players that could probably make the step up to a bigger league if given time to settle in, utter madness that they paid world class money for him.

I still like the (obvious urban myth :D) of Fred

"When we heard that United were interested we were hoping to get around €20 million to €25 million as he had such a bad season."
"Two days later we received an official faxed bid of €60 million from United, the room erupted in laughter, I told my assistant to fax back, asking for €64 million."
"The next morning, a new bid arrived of €64 million."
"I remember thinking had the world gone crazy? I mean, we had better players in our youth team! I ordered my assistant to get a bottle of Champagne - it felt like winning a lottery."

Funny even though obviously not true, but they're 100% the biggest 'saw them coming' club around. Its like once they go for someone they're shit scared of looking silly if they dont end up signing said player so they just keep going. I honestly think they could be goaded into paying really big money for literally any half decent footballer.

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8284 on: February 29, 2024, 03:51:26 pm »
Erik ten Hag says Fulham "should apologise" for a TikTok posted on their account that appears to mock Manchester United captain Bruno Fernandes.

The video shows the midfielder go down and clutch his leg before swiftly getting up again during United's 2-1 defeat to the Cottagers on Saturday.

The clip is dubbed with jaunty music and captioned: "So glad he's OK."

"I would say it is not right. Totally out of order and wrong. They should apologise for this," said Ten Hag.
:lmao You're the manager of Manchester United, playing awful, nonentity football, surely you have more important things to be thinking about?

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8285 on: February 29, 2024, 07:54:25 pm »
I only saw that video because of 7hag drawing attention to it. Fulham have nothing to apologise for. Fernandes, on the other hand, should apologise to football fans everywhere for his cryarsing.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8286 on: February 29, 2024, 07:57:54 pm »
Probably the most overrated footballer of all time

Agree. Felt like I was being gaslit every time people (even Liverpool fans) were wanking over him.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8287 on: February 29, 2024, 08:00:21 pm »
:lmao You're the manager of Manchester United, playing awful, nonentity football, surely you have more important things to be thinking about?

That is brilliant. I like Ten Hag, he seemed fairly bland and boring before but the fact that their fans hate him and he's starting to get tetchy is far more interesting.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #8288 on: February 29, 2024, 08:14:03 pm »
When we played with no crowds we could literally hear him screaming…

After there was clearly zero contact with anyone. He’s the one who should be apologising.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #8290 on: February 29, 2024, 08:55:58 pm »
I only saw that video because of 7hag drawing attention to it. Fulham have nothing to apologise for. Fernandes, on the other hand, should apologise to football fans everywhere for his cryarsing.
Nice one Fulham
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline DarkOfTheManatee

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8291 on: February 29, 2024, 09:41:59 pm »
Has Ten Hag always been this thin-skinned about his players? Feels performative, like he's worried about losing/having already lost the dressing room, and is now making an exaggerated show of backing one of his 'leaders' to try and keep them onside.

Ironically though, by saying Fernandes has a high pain threshold, he's really just confirming that his captain is a serial diver and cheat. If you have a high pain threshold but roll around screaming whenever someone grazes your ankle, there's something afoot...

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #8292 on: February 29, 2024, 09:54:01 pm »
I still like the (obvious urban myth :D) of Fred

Funny even though obviously not true, but they're 100% the biggest 'saw them coming' club around. Its like once they go for someone they're shit scared of looking silly if they dont end up signing said player so they just keep going. I honestly think they could be goaded into paying really big money for literally any half decent footballer.

Wasn't that the case with Hjolund?
We are Liverpool!

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #8293 on: March 1, 2024, 12:29:10 am »
So I suppose #PogisnotcomingBack? Feel sad for the young man, money and fame does have a tendency to be a curse.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8294 on: March 1, 2024, 12:34:50 am »
He retired years ago really didn't he.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
« Reply #8295 on: March 1, 2024, 12:40:46 am »
I've seen a decent amount of comments on their forum from people who are happy to lose to Abu Dhabi (not a chance they are taking points off them anyway) so that they don't help us in the league lol

A derby, yet they can't be arsed. What a fanbase!

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #8296 on: March 1, 2024, 01:20:22 am »
I've seen a decent amount of comments on their forum from people who are happy to lose to Abu Dhabi (not a chance they are taking points off them anyway) so that they don't help us in the league lol

They're an embarrassment. The torment we put them through is glorious.  8)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8297 on: March 1, 2024, 02:47:55 am »
https://www.tiktok.com/@fulhamfc/video/7340647588032417056

If he doesn't want his players mocked, has he perhaps considered suggesting that he stops doing so much crying and cheating?

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #8298 on: March 1, 2024, 08:12:08 am »
You’ve got to give them some credit, they have provided us with consistently top class entertainment for many many years now

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8299 on: March 1, 2024, 08:13:51 am »
Imagine if they scrape a draw. The fume from them will be glorious. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #8300 on: March 1, 2024, 08:51:15 am »
Pogba has put out a statement, part of it says he has "never disrespected or cheated fellow athletes and supporters of any of the teams I have played for or against."
No one is having that shite lad. Was it 2, or maybe 3 times he publicly said he didn't try hard enough in a game. Respectful fella alright
Apart from when he head locked players and threw them to the ground, or dived in to a tackle in petulance because his team were being hammered and was happy to get sent off.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8301 on: March 1, 2024, 10:18:15 am »

They're terrified of us getting to 20. They (genuine Mancs) hate City, but they fear and hate us more.

My missus, as most on here know is a proper Manc, wants them to twat City.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8302 on: March 1, 2024, 10:29:23 am »
They're terrified of us getting to 20. They (genuine Mancs) hate City, but they fear and hate us more.

My missus, as most on here know is a proper Manc, wants them to twat City.

I’m sure most would want to win the game but would probably prefer City (or Arsenal) to win the league ahead of us. They can hope they beat City and then hope Ciry beat us next week.

I was probably like that in most games when we played Mourinho’s Chelsea in 2007 for example.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8303 on: March 1, 2024, 10:31:45 am »

They're a bigger Everton these days, shit team, a 0-0 v us is their dream result, their players try to injure our players, fans more concerned with us and happy to throw games to fuck us over, some fall for the self proclaimed biggest club in the world.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8304 on: March 1, 2024, 10:32:41 am »
I wouldn't be shocked to see City hit 21 titles before United, I wonder how they'll feel about years of hoping City pip us to it then.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8305 on: March 1, 2024, 10:37:12 am »
Wasn't that the case with Hjolund?

Been the case for loads of them I think. Pretty sure Chelsea saw them coming with Mount and ended getting a fair whack more than anyone else would have paid.

Ten Hag seems incredibly rattled recently. Giving off 'getting sacked before the end of the season' vibes

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8306 on: March 1, 2024, 10:40:41 am »
Ten Hag seems incredibly rattled recently. Giving off 'getting sacked before the end of the season' vibes
he's losing it, for sure. the WTF level increases each time he opens his gob at this point.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8307 on: March 1, 2024, 10:42:29 am »
I’m sure most would want to win the game but would probably prefer City (or Arsenal) to win the league ahead of us. They can hope they beat City and then hope Ciry beat us next week.

I was probably like that in most games when we played Mourinho’s Chelsea in 2007 for example.

That's it exactly.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8308 on: March 1, 2024, 10:43:36 am »

The same Pogba who ended Keita's match with a studs up, two footed, over the ball challenge when we thrashed them 5-0 at Old Trafford? Yeah, he's full of respect for his fellow athletes...
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8309 on: March 1, 2024, 10:48:42 am »
he's losing it, for sure. the WTF level increases each time he opens his gob at this point.

He’s a hard listen at the best of times, even when he’s not talking bollocks. God knows what United fans make of him. Get the feeling that the ones who say “give him time, it took Ferguson/Klopp x years to win a trophy don’t really mean that and are just going through the motions a bit. Surely no one is watching them and is convinced he’s the man to bring sustained, long term success.

That said, they could beat our weakened up side, get Wolves in the semi and then they’ll say he’s made 3 cup finals in 2 years and everything is all on the right track. Either way, they look miles from any title challenge anytime soon.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #8310 on: March 1, 2024, 11:02:55 am »
I don't think he was limited, just lazy. His range of passing was excellent and he could use a wide variety of passing techniques to craft chances. He wanted to be a luxury player though, he expected to be able to do nothing but spray passes with no other responsibility.

He had a good range of passing but for every perfect pass that would be drooled over several more were overhit and sent out of play. It's not like he could dictate the game like a Scholes or Carrick for them. He also needed carrying in terms of work rate.

He was basically a poor man's Veron.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline ValiantInstance

• Main Stander
« Reply #8311 on: March 1, 2024, 11:11:57 am »
He certainly had the talent imo.

I think that's why Souness kept laying in to him. He was a great midfielder but had no time for show ponys. It annoyed him to see such a waste of talent due to not focusing on the things that mattered.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8312 on: March 1, 2024, 11:17:54 am »
To me he was no different to the likes of Taraabt or Ben Arfa. He'd occasionally look really good or score a screamer and then live off it for months. I feel like talent is more than just being able to do a fancy flick or score a banger from 30 yards or occasionally nail a 60 yard cross field pass. There's got to be a semblance of actually being a useful player in a team and doing the boring bits like pressing and passing etc.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8313 on: March 1, 2024, 11:57:23 am »
He had a good range of passing but for every perfect pass that would be drooled over several more were overhit and sent out of play. It's not like he could dictate the game like a Scholes or Carrick for them. He also needed carrying in terms of work rate.

He was basically a poor man's Veron.

I think those issues come down to application rather than talent though. Look at how Trent's passing has evolved over the years, he's incredibly talented but he obviously works hard behind the scenes to keep improving.

Pogba reached the level of raw talent and then basically stopped.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8314 on: March 1, 2024, 12:07:21 pm »
Not often you can give Sky much credit, but they have a piece on Fernandes there. About how Ten Hag says he needs more protection from refs and they really make Ten Hag look the idiot he is  :)

- Fernandes has been fouled 18 times this season. Bruno Guimereas has been fouled 78 in comparison
- Ferdnandes is number 111 over a game in terns of most fouled players
- in 90 mins only he is number 214

In case its not clear Ten Hag you weapon, Fernandes is a diving bastard. He doesn't need more protecting from referee's because he's not being fouled. He's a cheat and it's about time people are wakening up to that

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8315 on: March 1, 2024, 01:08:57 pm »

Ex players of theirs openly stated that they'd never decline like we did, but they've done exactly that, maybe even worse than we declined, too.

I'd have to say that this is correct.
In the 11 years since they last won it, they haven't challenged once. Yes they have finished 2nd twice and 3rd twice, but they were not close AT ALL at the end and never looked 'in the race' at any point, despite what SKY might have wanted people to believe.
Cups in that time - 4. 1 FA Cup, 2 League Cups and one UEFA Cup (part of a double, which they sacked a manager for)

In the 11 years after we won the league, we challenged the following year (losing to Arsenal) and 2 or 3 times around the millenium.
Cups in that time - 5. 2 FA Cups, 2 League Cups and one UEFA Cup (Part of a treble).

I mean there's not much in it but they seem to be doing worse by some fine margins.
I have noticed that they have inherited our old trick of signing players who looked wonderful, only for them to be cloggers when they played for us.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8316 on: March 1, 2024, 01:44:35 pm »
:lmao

Even Martin Tyler had a dig in the empty O/T when we beat them 4-2 that you could hear Fernandes screaming yet again. He's a fucking cheating little rat faced c*nt you Ming the Merciless tribute act :wanker

If he was so tough, he'd have pen in the area looking for a pass.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5VA-UtgzouE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5VA-UtgzouE</a>

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #8317 on: March 1, 2024, 01:51:03 pm »
To me he was no different to the likes of Taraabt or Ben Arfa. He'd occasionally look really good or score a screamer and then live off it for months. I feel like talent is more than just being able to do a fancy flick or score a banger from 30 yards or occasionally nail a 60 yard cross field pass. There's got to be a semblance of actually being a useful player in a team and doing the boring bits like pressing and passing etc.

Wasn’t it inglethorpe who has just said talent gets you to 16, attitude gets you to 35

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #8318 on: March 1, 2024, 01:54:06 pm »
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #8319 on: March 1, 2024, 02:00:11 pm »
Ten Hag on the weasel-faced prick, Fernandes, specifically mentioning the point on Saturday where he lay writhing on the pitch in supposed agony then jumping up when he realises they're on the attack:

"I see social media criticising him, it is pathetic. He had a serious injury but he continued to play on Saturday and then also he fought to be part of this game. He has a very high pain threshold and last year, he did something similar against Spurs and I think in the semi-final (against Brighton). It shows his leadership."

I'll tell you what it shows  and that's one cheating Portuguese tosser that shames my club. Robbo and Keano would have ripped his goolies off !!
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994