Author Topic: The 2021/2022 Season Awards  (Read 821 times)

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
The 2021/2022 Season Awards
« on: June 1, 2022, 09:35:22 am »
I've not had much stomach for reflection since returning from Paris. I haven't watched a second of highlights and maybe never will. But I've had enough sleep now to look back on the season for what it was - some of the best moment of following the club in my life. I'm 30 years old and for the first time genuinely believed we could bring all 4 trophies home. That may never happen again. We didn't do it but we will be back.

With that in mind here's some questions:

Player of the season?
Young player of the season?
Favourite match?
Favourite moment?
Surprise player of the season?
Best stadium you went to (for those who go away)
Which players would you sell this summer?
Which players would you buy? (Realistic answers only!)
Grade the season out of 10 (10 the highest)

"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: The 2021/2022 Season Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 1, 2022, 09:49:05 am »
Player of the season? I think Trent, although many get very close (VVD, Matip, Ali, Fab, Thiago, Mo, Sadio)

Young player of the season? I dont really class Trent as a young player, so I'd go Curtis Jones.

Favourite match? Got to be going to United and winning 5-0, seems such a long time ago now

Favourite moment? Beating City 3-2 in the Cup, just felt like one we really needed.

Surprise player of the season? Matip, just wasn't expecting him to go un-injured and fully expected him to be 4th choice and a bit of a bit-part player. Taki also for his cup displays, thought he was done here.

Best stadium you went to (for those who go away) The only stadium I've been to this season is the King Power and thats a bit generic and shite

Which players would you sell this summer?Origi and Karius are done already. Ox definitely. Nat and Neco. I think I'd probably sell Taki too, just because I think he'll want more.

Which players would you buy? (Realistic answers only!)Ramsay as back-up RB seems sensible, and from the videos seems like he's got a wicked cross/pass on him. Another CM, personally I'd love a beast like Milenkovic-Savic. And I'd be looking at another right-wing option but its tricky if we're not losing any of the five attackers we have (I know thats unlikely but thats not the question!). I do wonder if we could make something of Asensio at Real but realistically he's not coming in as a back-up, similarly with Saka. Moussa Diaby maybe.

Grade the season out of 10 (10 the highest) Honestly gonna go like 9.5 out of 10. We took every competition to the very last moment, we were a goal away from winning the title (or just a correct refereeing decision  ::)) and similarly in the CL, if Courtois has a standard game we win that too. Tiny, tiny margins.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: June 1, 2022, 10:11:17 am »
Player of the season?
Alisson Becker, but there are lots of contenders.

Young player of the season? [Not counting Trent or Konaté in this category]
Caoimhín Kelleher, great contribution in the cups.

Favourite match?
Man Utd 0-5 Liverpool, just fucking hilarious.

Favourite moment?
Origi goal versus Wolves probably the biggest blow up.
Other notable moments: Diaz goal against Villarreal — confirming that we'd weathered a serious wobble; Henderson pass to Salah for fifth at Old Trafford — sublime; Jota at Arsenal in the League Cup second leg — brought us through what I thought was going to be a seriously tough period; Salah goal vs City — just so disappointing it wasn't a winner.

Konaté. I'm confident in our recruitment sure, but I did not see this guy being so amazing at so young.
Notable mention: Minamino's contribution in the cups was huge and a surprise.

n/a

Oxlade-Chamberlain, Minamino, Neco Williams, Nat Phillips. Origi and Milner out of contract. Wouldn't sell Sadio but if he wants to go I'm sure he'll end up going for about €45m. Would listen to offers for Naby Keita very keenly, mainly because I can't say he's earned a new contract.

I'd like Darwin and a big-time midfielder in his mid-20s to play as either of the 8s. Seems like most positions are well staffed with top players and rotation staff.

I thought before Christmas was actually quite disappointing (context: Brighton H, Brentford A, Leicester A grrrrrr) but was not sure how we'd come back from last season's crisis. To fight so hard for the second half of the season was unbelievable, but it was too much pressure with not enough release at the end to get a 9 or a 10. An 8 for me.
« Last Edit: June 1, 2022, 10:13:47 am by lamonti »

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #3 on: June 1, 2022, 10:19:22 am »
Player of the seaosn?   
Alisson (2nd Salah .. 3rd Trent)

Elliot

Favourite match?
Mancs 0-5 Liverpool

Favourite moment?
Salah goal vs city at anfield  (runner up every Thaigo no look pass)

Jota

Fulham (nothing to do with LFC .. will be next year)

AOC… then the obviously not good enough ressie , loan lads

Nkunku, Bellingham, Tchouameni, Wirtz, Gnabry, Anthony, Saka  (not all of them
obv but would be excited about any of these)

« Last Edit: June 1, 2022, 10:22:40 am by JackWard33 »

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #4 on: June 1, 2022, 10:36:29 am »
Player of the season?
It has to be Alisson. I think he has been the main reason we got so far in all competitions. Some of the one on one saves to keep us in games....

Even though he's not YOUNG, young... For me Kelleher. Fully established himself as a solid number two. And I don't mean a turd.

Favourite match?
Obviously United will get a lot of mentions, but the League Cup Final for me. It was such a massive relief to win that trophy. Got the domestic cup hoodoo banished. So much drama aswell. My emotions were everywhere. The fact Kepa missed the pen was amazing!

Favourite moment?
Villarreal away. Absolute rollercoaster, but that 2nd half was brutal. A Klopp rocket up the arse.

Could swap with the above question actually.

Matip. As above, solid as a rock, free from injuries and a surprising attacking threat.

Best stadium you went to (for those who go away) None for me this year unfortunately.

Origi, Karius, Neco, Ox - probably all but done.

I wouldnt want to make too many changes, but I do feel we need fresh blood.

Mane
Keita (if the reported £50m bid comes in).

I'd also keep Minamino. Great in the cup competitions if he is willing to play that part for us.

Rb cover - Looks like we've identified Ramsay for that.

Winger - Someone young that would be nurtured under Klopp and his team. I don't know European players very well so I'll pick Martinelli. Think we would make a serious player out of him.

Forward - Ideally someone to give us that extra attacking dimension. A proper finisher. Lewandwski would be amazing and do us a job for two years. If we cant get someone like this, another top established speedy winger. I'll get slated, but I still think Klopp can do something with Pulisic.

CM - Looks like choochoo is off to Madrid. I'd move heaven and earth to tie Bellingham up for next year. This year we can bed Jones and Elliott in more.

Obviously gutted about what could have been, but this is an almost perfect season for me. 9/10

If someone said to you, LFC will be in three finals this year and win two, you'd bite their hand off.

The parade topped it off. Fucking amazing season.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: June 1, 2022, 10:52:06 am »
Player of the season?
- Close, could be any of Mo, Alisson, Fabinho, Trent. However, I'm going for Matip. He hasn't got the credit he deserves from the wider football community, but he's been incredible. He's also scored some important goals. If Salah hadn't dropped off after AFCON, it would have been him easily.

- How young are we talking? Konate and Trent are both only 23. Our squad depth has been so good this season, that our young young players haven't been called upon much. Harvey Elliott started very well, and took his penalty in the shootout very well.

Favourite match?
- Manchester United (A). What a day that was.

Favourite moment?
- Salah's goal against City at home. Just a shame it wasn't the winner.

- Konate has surprised me by how assured he's looked. Our best player in Paris. Tsimikas wins it for me, he's been excellent and played a big part in our season.

- Karius, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Phillips, Minamino if he wants game time.

- Bellingham or Nkunku (if Mane leaves), but we won't get both.

- 9/10. A cruel end to a wonderful season. Glad the players got the send off they deserve.

Offline Kitch83

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6 on: June 1, 2022, 11:14:13 am »
Player of the season? Has to be Salah, sensational first half, decent second half to the season.
Young player of the season? Konate.
Favourite match? United away, can it be any other?!
Favourite moment? Hardest Q to answer. Either getting on the train in Paris to leave that place, or Mo's goal v City.
Surprise player of the season? Jota. 
Best stadium you went to (for those who go away) Sy James Park.
Which players would you sell this summer? Ox, and fringe players Williams (both), Phillips etc.
Which players would you buy? (Realistic answers only!) Ramsey at Villa, Chiesa (if deemed over his injuries)
Grade the season out of 10 (10 the highest) 8.5 Lost the league by a point, the UCL by a goal and won the other two.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7 on: June 1, 2022, 12:14:56 pm »
Player of the season? Thiago

Young player of the season? Trent.

Favourite match? 5-0 vs Man Utd

Favourite moment? Tough one, so many great moments. Maybe Mane putting us 3-0 up in the FA Cup semi final.

Surprise player of the season? Tsimikas. He hadn’t really played much before this season but he’s been vital in giving Robbo a rest occasionally.

Best stadium you went to (for those who go away) N/A

Which players would you sell this summer? It looks like all the obvious ones are moving on.

Which players would you buy? (Realistic answers only!) Bellingham although that’s probably not realistic and we need an attacker to replace Mane. I’m not sure on the attacker, maybe Nkunku. If we can’t get Bellingham then another midfielder with a bit of steel about them, someone who is going to replace Hendo’s role over the next few years as Hendo gets older.

Grade the season out of 10 (10 the highest) I’d go with a 9. Would be a 10 if we had swapped one of the domestic cups for the European Cup or League.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: June 1, 2022, 12:31:58 pm »
Player of the season?

Becker with Matip a close 2nd. Without these 2 I don't think we go as far as we do in most of the competitions.

Konate has really impressed me. Elliot obviously had a cracking start and I do think we'll see the best of him hopefully next season.

Favourite match?

Definitely the FA cup semi. Had the pleasure of attending. Cracking day and performance.

Obviously some outstanding league results. United A and Everton H were special days.

Really enjoyed the Leicester league Cup home game too - one of those barmy nights close to Christmas!

Favourite moment?

Tsimikas penalty has to be up there - thought the cup was gone when Mane had his saved.

Probably Tsimikas when he's featured, looks a real quality player. Also surprised Keita has played as much as he has.

Only been to Wembley and Paris other than Anfield of course. I'll go with Anfield.

Origi
Oxlade
Adrian

I would definitely do everything to keep Mane but looks unlikely. Think we need Keita as it stands. We are already short in midfield.

Definitely need a reliable midfielder and a striker now that Origi and Mane look gone. Would love to go all out for Son.

8. Heartbreaking final week but I can't fault anything the team did this season.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #9 on: June 1, 2022, 12:32:08 pm »

Player of the season?
Joel or Ali, can’t pick.  Salah’s poor last few weeks takes him out of it!

Ibou

Favourite match?
No idea.  Too many to choose from, the away derby, the away Man Utd game, the semi final of the FA Cup, the Leicester game in the league cup, the away Villarreal game amongst quite a few of the CL games. So many.

Favourite moment?
Kloppo signing a new contract.

Tsimi, he proved himself to be one of the best left backs in the league

Neco Williams, Nat Philips, Ox, and whoever wants to leave, being that’s the main thing - having playes who want to be here!

No idea.

9/10. Incredible season, far exceeded my expectations. It’s tough to go toe-to-toe with some richer clubs in such an intense season, but we did it and won 2 trophies in the process.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #10 on: June 1, 2022, 07:44:42 pm »
Player of the season? Salah
Young player of the season? Konate (if he's too old, then Jones)
Favourite match? 5-0 at Old Trafford
Favourite moment? Tsimi's penalty
Surprise player of the season? Diaz
Best stadium you went to (for those who go away) N/A
Which players would you sell this summer? I'll skip this one, and the next one. :)
Grade the season out of 10 (10 the highest) 9.5