Author Topic: Welcome to Liverpool, Alexis Mac Allister  (Read 205428 times)

Offline LordCommada

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Welcome to Liverpool, Alexis Mac Allister
« Reply #2600 on: April 7, 2024, 11:49:01 pm »
He’s consistently producing 8/10 performances or better for a while now. Great player.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2601 on: April 8, 2024, 12:07:17 am »
Didn't really get into the game for me.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline LordCommada

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2602 on: April 8, 2024, 12:56:24 am »
Well, he had more touches (77) than anyone among the front six and completed more passes as well. Led the team in passes into the final that third (11), tackles won (3), duels won (8 )and ball recoveries (13). I would say he was very involved all round.
« Last Edit: April 8, 2024, 01:20:10 am by LordCommada »

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2603 on: April 8, 2024, 01:31:13 am »
Well, he had more touches (77) than anyone among the front six and completed more passes as well. Led the team in passes into the final that third (11), tackles won (3), duels won (8 )and ball recoveries (13). I would say he was very involved all round.

He didn't really dictate play though.

We were at our best when Macca was at his best. That didn't happen often enough for me. Usually, he has an incredible ability to dictate the tempo of a game. I am not sure you can do that against United though. They are such a dysfunctional team. One minute you have them on the floor beating the shit out of them the next they score a goal from nowhere.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2604 on: April 8, 2024, 03:14:44 pm »

We were at our best when Macca was at his best. That didn't happen often enough for me. Usually, he has an incredible ability to dictate the tempo of a game. I am not sure you can do that against United though. They are such a dysfunctional team. One minute you have them on the floor beating the shit out of them the next they score a goal from nowhere.

They absolutely can be controlled most of the time. Effectively it comes down to whether you can punish them enough.

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2605 on: April 8, 2024, 03:44:18 pm »
Unlike you to move the goalposts when your argument is debunked.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2606 on: April 8, 2024, 07:42:28 pm »
Unlike you to move the goalposts when your argument is debunked.

How is it moving the goalposts.

For me the game started off with United on top. Macca was then excellent for a good thirty five minutes where he controlled the game. We then lost that control for most of the second half. For me the likelihood is that a lot of Macca's contributions would have been during that first half when he was running the game.

It isn't a criticism just an observation of how United play. They wanted chaos we wanted control.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2607 on: April 8, 2024, 07:47:31 pm »
How is it moving the goalposts.

For me the game started off with United on top. Macca was then excellent for a good thirty five minutes where he controlled the game. We then lost that control for most of the second half. For me the likelihood is that a lot of Macca's contributions would have been during that first half when he was running the game.

It isn't a criticism just an observation of how United play. They wanted chaos we wanted control.

We have to be able to control that though? Otherwise we get dragged down levels far too often.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2608 on: April 8, 2024, 07:53:21 pm »
We have to be able to control that though? Otherwise we get dragged down levels far too often.

I think it is the opposite, more a case of United raising their game when the crowd got involved. We weathered the initial storm and then Macca ran the game right up until we gifted them a goal. All of a sudden they were flying into challenges and couldn't we really grab back control.

I think if we had been able to get Macca on the ball more second half then we would have won. We just became too frantic and the game became chaotic. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Kloppage Time

• Anny Roader
  • ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
« Reply #2609 on: April 9, 2024, 09:00:05 am »
Nominated for PFA player of the month probably posted already but no harm reminding folks to vote?

https://www.thepfa.com/fpotm/premier-league
Anyone can have a good day, but you have to be able to perform on a bad day.

Jurgen Klopp