Author Topic: Anfield Road Extension - Construction work resumed on 12th September 2023.  (Read 879961 times)

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Re: Anfield Road Extension - Construction Underway
« Reply #1440 on: October 29, 2021, 09:53:47 am »

I just think Everton have done a good job with putting up updates on the phase of development thats going on at BMD. There clearly is work going on there. The interview regarding the dredging and the engineering re the dock itself was quite interesting I thought. If ye want to take the piss out of me for saying that then off with ye. LFC have posted a total of 4 photos since the spade in the ground event by Jurgen which is poor coverage I think. Especially when third parties are doing lots of drone coverage to show the construction advancing every 2/3 weeks. Would it be so hard for the club to buy a f**kin drone and do that? Their coverage of the Melwood development was also rubbish. I also work in the industry so have an interest from that perspective too.

I did enjoy the comment that the only reason Everton are doing so much coverage of BMD is that they have f*ck all to show re the on field stuff so this is a nice distraction for them!

Not taking the piss out of you mate. The construction of BMG is interesting but the photos and videos don't really show anything. If you're interested there's some really good stuff in the BMG planning application. Part 4 of the Design Access Statement describes the Engineering Approach to Heritage and the dock infill methodology.

I don't think it's true that Liverpool have only shown 4 photos. There was a big splash for the groundbreaking with Jurgen and Kenny as the big photo op.

At the moment the operations on site are a bit of blinding (probably complete now), constructing the ground floor slab rebar cage and putting in the formers for the ground beams. That's going to look the same for a while until they're ready to pur the ground slab, which will be the next big photo-op.

Once the slab is poured I'd expect the photo ops to start coming thicker and faster.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1441 on: October 29, 2021, 09:56:01 am »
They’ve dug right up to the back of the stand.

I wonder how they’re going to get people in? 
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline kopdude81

• Main Stander
« Reply #1442 on: October 29, 2021, 09:57:51 am »
No hassle lads. I was just thinking that maybe the club could do more but like ye say its very early days with the construction so hopefully the coverage will ramp up once the structure begins to grow. Looking forward to seeing how the whole development evolves over the next year or so.
"This is to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1443 on: October 29, 2021, 09:58:28 am »
Weird? How so? I dont think it's boring. You do. There's lots going on. I could say you're weird for not thinking the way I do. Its something I'm interested in and clearly you're not so no hassle.

Lot's going on? There is, but it's lots of the same thing. Rebar cage... more rebar cage... and some more rebar cage...

And the rebar cage looks like this:

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/447383-photos-anfield-road-stand-construction-update
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1444 on: October 29, 2021, 10:02:03 am »

When I've done similar projects there would be a temporary walkway over the excavations. The main columns that are closest to the old stand are still quite a distance away:

So it shouldn't be too difficult to provide safe access.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1445 on: October 29, 2021, 10:02:17 am »

It looks like at either end they have dug right up to it, but there is still pavement behind the turnstiles, so expect they're hoping (have) created access again at either end.

Either that or they've reworked access so you now enter from either side rather than behind.

Offline kopdude81

• Main Stander
« Reply #1446 on: October 29, 2021, 10:02:45 am »

This was one of the things I was wondering about having seen the recent drone footage. Perhaps a temporary floor/walkway running along the line of the road will be put in place to allow access?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 10:57:07 am by kopdude81 »
"This is to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1447 on: October 29, 2021, 10:05:21 am »
It looks like at either end they have dug right up to it, but there is still pavement behind the turnstiles, so expect they're hoping (have) created access again at either end.

Either that or they've reworked access so you now enter from either side rather than behind.
Ah, that’s maybe what’s happened.

It will be tight though. But I suppose it’s always tight outside the Annie road, always feel too small and short of space… especially compared to the other stands.

Looking at the photos, turnstile L isn’t accessible, the others appear to be.

As for Everton.  They aren’t building a stadium.  They’re filling in a hole in the ground with the hope that they will be able to build a stadium there later.  I hope they do, it will be good for the area, but if they don’t it will be hilarious….
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 10:12:14 am by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1448 on: October 29, 2021, 10:16:06 am »
Good example of temporary scaffolding access. This was during demolition of the old White Hart Lane:

https://www.gkrscaffolding.co.uk/news/gkr-spurs-new-stadium-featured-construction-news/

Whatever thas been done will need to keep the public separate from the building site. It won;t need stairs obviously but I'd expect a covered walkway of some sort.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 10:18:07 am by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1449 on: October 29, 2021, 12:36:34 pm »
Ah, that’s maybe what’s happened.

It will be tight though. But I suppose it’s always tight outside the Annie road, always feel too small and short of space… especially compared to the other stands.

Looking at the photos, turnstile L isn’t accessible, the others appear to be.

As for Everton.  They aren’t building a stadium.  They’re filling in a hole in the ground with the hope that they will be able to build a stadium there later.  I hope they do, it will be good for the area, but if they don’t it will be hilarious….

I genuinely think it's a shame Everton are not staying at Goodison but more fool them. As for BMD, Peel are desperate for any excuse to fill in docks, so I wouldn't take that as too much of a sign of commitment.

Back in the day, Peel didn't want it as it would 'spoil the larney residential character' of Liverpool Waters but times change.
« Last Edit: November 6, 2021, 10:45:33 am by Peter McGurk »

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1450 on: October 29, 2021, 12:37:06 pm »
The club have issued some information regarding access.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/447668-important-information-for-fans-attending-liverpool-v-brighton

How do I access the Anfield Road Stand?

For any home and away fans with tickets in the Anfield Road Stand, please note that Anfield Road is no longer a through road. Please check your ticket and your route for access point:

Home fans entering in turnstiles L, M and N must approach Anfield Road from the direction of Arkles Lane. At the end of the game when leaving the stadium, please turn right.
    Home fans entering in turnstile Q must approach Anfield Road from the direction of 97 Avenue (formerly 96 Avenue) as there is no access from the direction of Arkles Lane. At the end of the game when leaving the stadium, please turn left.
    Away fans entering in turnstiles O and P must approach Anfield Road from the direction of 97 Avenue (formerly 96 Avenue) as there is no access from the direction of Arkles Lane. At the end of the game when leaving the stadium, please turn left.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1451 on: October 29, 2021, 12:44:16 pm »
Whenever I hear the word rebar I think fubar. This is probably meaningful wrt to Everton and BMD...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1452 on: October 30, 2021, 06:00:06 am »
Everton started the Bramley Moore Dock in 2018. Three years later they haven't even filled the dock in. Their only drone footage is a dock full of water. If you find that exciting then maybe you should fill your bath with water and take pictures of it for the next three years.

;D
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline eddie1lancs

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1453 on: October 30, 2021, 08:36:57 am »
Does anyone know where the Everpool Diner has relocated to please?

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1454 on: October 30, 2021, 10:02:39 am »
Does anyone know where the Everpool Diner has relocated to please?

Best place this was - was my routine for years.

Offline kopdude81

• Main Stander
« Reply #1455 on: October 30, 2021, 07:51:10 pm »
New drone footage up from an Evertonian. Club couldnt be arsed but fair play to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr7uJCYXz7M

« Last Edit: October 30, 2021, 07:52:52 pm by kopdude81 »

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1456 on: October 31, 2021, 01:49:51 am »
New drone footage up from an Evertonian. Club couldnt be arsed but fair play to him.

Latest footage of Jordan Pickford at Bramley Moore Dock.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline kopdude81

• Main Stander
« Reply #1457 on: October 31, 2021, 03:33:04 am »
Latest footage of Jordan Pickford at Bramley Moore Dock.

:wellin :lmao

« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 03:34:49 am by kopdude81 »

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #1458 on: October 31, 2021, 06:07:24 am »
Looking at the latest drone footage above, I am guessing, and I may be wrong here, that the vertical rebar you can see on the left will be mirrored on the right looking at the rebar cages awaiting concrete pours. Because a truss is not used, I guess the vertical rebar will be part of the concrete columns to support the upper-tier level and new roof. I am also curious if the amount of steelwork used to construct the extension may be far less than we thought. We are building four unique towers in Lusail city, Qatar.. two at fifty floors and two at seventy floors. The fifty-floor towers use concrete columns, and the seventy-floor towers use steel columns. Concrete is cheaper but takes longer, and steel is quicker to install but costs more.   

You can see the steel columned towers in the foreground and the concrete columned towers in the background; the photo was taken end of last year.

* According to Skyscraper City the is a truss built into the roof?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 07:00:05 am by kopite321 »
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1459 on: October 31, 2021, 10:27:13 am »

You seem to have a real bee in your bonnet about the lack of extensive updates on what is still essentially just a few holes in the ground. I can't wait for things to kick off properly, but like the club i'm also not arsed about a bit of mud, I'm happy to wait for when it rises out of the ground.

Offline kopdude81

• Main Stander
« Reply #1460 on: October 31, 2021, 09:13:16 pm »
You seem to have a real bee in your bonnet about the lack of extensive updates on what is still essentially just a few holes in the ground. I can't wait for things to kick off properly, but like the club i'm also not arsed about a bit of mud, I'm happy to wait for when it rises out of the ground.

Ah I'm only messing really. I have an interest in what's going on there at the moment and you dont. No hassle.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1461 on: November 2, 2021, 11:42:50 am »

Arsed with what? As I said before, there's a load of rebar cages to be completed that look the same as the rebar cages that were in the last video. They've cast a few ground beams and will cast a few more before they start preparing the ground slab.

The row of column bases nearest the old stand have been covered up by temporary access so nothing to see there.

I couldn't tell whether the access is scaffolding or temporary backfill but that's of interest to no one, not even me.

Did you look at his Bramley Moore Dock footage?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1462 on: November 2, 2021, 02:49:09 pm »
Ah I'm only messing really. I have an interest in what's going on there at the moment and you don't. No hassle.

I think everyone in here is very interested in what's going on, the point is, not a lot is actually going on.
Certainly not enough for the club to put together a media team to go cover it.

The comparing our clubs lack of web-cams to other clubs web-cams or twitter shorts is just a bit pointless and probably gets peoples backs up. Especially constantly implying they 'can't be arsed'. I'm first in the queue to slag them off at any opportunity but I couldn't be less arsed about this. I'd just rather the club concentrated on being good at football than let me know when a hole's been widened.

Maybe the club don't, unlike modern internet people, feel the need to film and catalogue everything that ever happens so a few weirdos like us can see a digger crawl a few metres. Maybe the construction company don't want to constantly be monitored by strangers on the internet. They're probably fed up of drones flying over their heads 24 hours a day as it is. Let alone Darren from DBTV constantly gawping at them asking them when the houses are getting knocked down. 

I've watched a few of the bramley dock drones and I honestly cant see anything different from each one other than a few road cones shifting around. I'm gonna check back in in 6 months.
« Last Edit: November 2, 2021, 02:53:47 pm by meady1981 »

Online meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1463 on: November 2, 2021, 02:55:40 pm »
Saying all that, what I'd LOVE to see is one of those step-by-step CGI construction time-frame animations they did for the main stand.

So yeah, come the fuck on club, get your shit together.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1464 on: November 2, 2021, 04:58:07 pm »
What do people want on here? Spade cams?? ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline kopdude81

• Main Stander
« Reply #1465 on: November 2, 2021, 05:50:37 pm »
Saying all that, what I'd LOVE to see is one of those step-by-step CGI construction time-frame animations they did for the main stand.

Yeah that was another thing I was going to say. The club produced an interesting video/graphic that showed some of the phases of construction for the Main Stand. That was done by Clarillion and perhaps Buckingham haven't been asked to do one for the ARE.

I take all your points about it being early days so there isn't too much to see on site yet. I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to this stuff I suppose. Ignore me, I'm an annoying twat at times! ;D

Offline kopdude81

• Main Stander
« Reply #1466 on: November 2, 2021, 05:51:25 pm »

Thats a terrific suggestion! Club should be all over that. :D

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1467 on: November 3, 2021, 02:37:36 am »
Every construction person onsite should be fitted with a GoPro and the footage of their work posted on YouTube every evening until the stand is completed. This is the least they could do.

What do you reckon, Kopdude?  ;D
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #1468 on: November 3, 2021, 03:25:02 am »

This will already exist inside the project BIM model. Revit or some other BIM construction software.
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Online meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1469 on: November 3, 2021, 07:16:21 am »
Yeah that was another thing I was going to say. The club produced an interesting video/graphic that showed some of the phases of construction for the Main Stand. That was done by Clarillion and perhaps Buckingham haven't been asked to do one for the ARE.

I take all your points about it being early days so there isn't too much to see on site yet. I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to this stuff I suppose. Ignore me, I'm an annoying twat at times! ;D

I’m a massive twat

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1470 on: November 3, 2021, 07:37:32 am »

This one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlEI_fdmBds

Turn it 90 degrees and it's the same sequence and principle: foundations and ground beams; concrete slabs and cores; steel superstructure; pre-cast seating planks; new roof supports and roof trusses; roof finishes and wall cladding to make the building watertight; demolish old roof and infill seating planks between the old and new seatings; fit out...

The ARE is far less complex. Maybe they don't think it's worth doing. Have you contacted the club's PR department?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1471 on: November 3, 2021, 07:52:25 am »
Looking at the latest drone footage above, I am guessing, and I may be wrong here, that the vertical rebar you can see on the left will be mirrored on the right looking at the rebar cages awaiting concrete pours. Because a truss is not used, I guess the vertical rebar will be part of the concrete columns to support the upper-tier level and new roof. I am also curious if the amount of steelwork used to construct the extension may be far less than we thought. We are building four unique towers in Lusail city, Qatar.. two at fifty floors and two at seventy floors. The fifty-floor towers use concrete columns, and the seventy-floor towers use steel columns. Concrete is cheaper but takes longer, and steel is quicker to install but costs more.   

You can see the steel columned towers in the foreground and the concrete columned towers in the background; the photo was taken end of last year.

* According to Skyscraper City the is a truss built into the roof?

There will be a lot of steelwork. The ground beams, ground slabs and cores will be in concrete. The upright rebar will be for the walls of the concrete stair cores. Superstructure will be steel framed for speed of construction. Upper floor slabs will be 'crinkly-tin' with concrete topping. Seating rows will be precast. Roof structure in steel with sheet profiled metal cladding. There is a truss but it's built into the roof rather than expressed. Exterior walls will be something like Metsec with insulated panels and brick skin.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Online meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1472 on: November 3, 2021, 08:13:39 am »
Nerd

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1473 on: November 3, 2021, 08:19:52 am »
Can we not make every construction worker go through surgery to be fitted with a bionic eye which live streams their every move during construction? I know if may sound a tad excessive but people need instant and constant updates on each brick laid and I don’t really see any other option.

Offline kopdude81

• Main Stander
« Reply #1474 on: November 3, 2021, 05:36:49 pm »
Can we not make every construction worker go through surgery to be fitted with a bionic eye which live streams their every move during construction? I know if may sound a tad excessive but people need instant and constant updates on each brick laid and I don’t really see any other option.

Hand clap emoji! :D

Nothing as drastic as that. Just tape a smart phone to every workers hard hat and that'll do the job!  :P
« Last Edit: November 3, 2021, 05:40:29 pm by kopdude81 »

Offline kopdude81

• Main Stander
« Reply #1475 on: November 3, 2021, 05:37:57 pm »
Every construction person onsite should be fitted with a GoPro and the footage of their work posted on YouTube every evening until the stand is completed. This is the least they could do.

What do you reckon, Kopdude?  ;D

I think so. Maybe have that DTB TV clown live stream from a zipwire from one side of the site to another until he gets fed up and agrees never to come back!

These are terrific ideas lads. Keep them coming!
« Last Edit: November 3, 2021, 05:53:25 pm by kopdude81 »

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1476 on: November 3, 2021, 06:44:44 pm »
I think so. Maybe have that DTB TV clown live stream from a zipwire from one side of the site to another until he gets fed up and agrees never to come back!

These are terrific ideas lads. Keep them coming!
Well, I've been onto NASA for you and requested they use their spy satellites to take intricate, Hi-Def pictures of the emerging stand with each pass. Of course, this means there will be daylight shots of the progress, as well as some really moody nighttime shots too. They said if you log onto their website there will also be infra red pictures as an added bonus. X-Rays of the site will cost a nominal fee though, and can be paid by debit card online.

I do hope you appreciate the efforts I'm making here.  ;)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1477 on: November 3, 2021, 07:05:32 pm »
I'd like to know the menu in the site canteen, the make and model of all the diggers being used and whether the site bogs have soft or crunchy paper. Not much to ask really.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1478 on: November 3, 2021, 07:09:26 pm »
I'd like to know the menu in the site canteen, the make and model of all the diggers being used and whether the site bogs have soft or crunchy paper. Not much to ask really.
Yep. Especially as Everton have posted that very information in relation to the BMD site.  :-\

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1479 on: November 3, 2021, 07:55:10 pm »
What colour are our cones?