Author Topic: The small things in life that really hannoy  (Read 2557808 times)

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The small things in life that really annoy you
« Reply #15280 on: February 13, 2018, 09:37:27 pm »
When people say 'ITV shouldn't bid for the Premier League highlights again as it was shit last time'.

Yep sure mate, so one regime makes a hash of it 20 years ago, so it's going to be the exact same this time around with Tactics Trucks, and 7pm starts.

It's just a typical example of people seeing someone once and thinking 'Yep it was bad then, and always will be'.

I don't watch MOTD myself, prefer to watch the Premier League Review show.
Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #15281 on: February 13, 2018, 10:12:56 pm »
I think we can file that in the "dick heads on Facebook" drawer

Facebook is basically a macrocosm of self obsessed cuntery

What did all the self obsessed, validation seekers do before Facebook?

Was there even such a thing as the blue steel look espoused by every halfway pretty girl?

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15282 on: February 13, 2018, 11:01:47 pm »

Was there even such a thing as the blue steel look espoused by every halfway pretty girl?

That’s a good question. Has social media generated more narcissists or are narcissists more visible as a result of social media? 
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #15283 on: February 13, 2018, 11:05:24 pm »
When people say 'ITV shouldn't bid for the Premier League highlights again as it was shit last time'.

Yep sure mate, so one regime makes a hash of it 20 years ago, so it's going to be the exact same this time around with Tactics Trucks, and 7pm starts.

It's just a typical example of people seeing someone once and thinking 'Yep it was bad then, and always will be'.

I don't watch MOTD myself, prefer to watch the Premier League Review show.

Itv have not got better at making TV in the meantime. The BBC has always had the edge in football. Better presenters and commentary and better production values. All the experience is at the BBC. In principle, Itv could do a BT Sport and make a decent fist of it, but what was the last thing they did, in any genre, that was actually good TV?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15284 on: February 13, 2018, 11:14:31 pm »
Itv have not got better at making TV in the meantime. The BBC has always had the edge in football. Better presenters and commentary and better production values. All the experience is at the BBC. In principle, Itv could do a BT Sport and make a decent fist of it, but what was the last thing they did, in any genre, that was actually good TV?
I agree with all your points, I'm just saying whenever this topic comes up, it's this attitude that if they somehow got the rights it would be the same as last time.

Perhaps it extends deeper, in that there is a black and white thinking out there in society.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 11:27:53 pm by Andy Hunter »

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #15285 on: February 13, 2018, 11:41:41 pm »

Be fucking irritating in person. At least on Facebook you can choose to never open it / block them. It is an improvement, telling them to fuck off because they are boring to their face tends not to work so well. Well it works, but it has wider consequences, not all as favourable as shutting the boring bastard up.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15286 on: February 13, 2018, 11:43:16 pm »
I agree with all your points, I'm just saying whenever this topic comes up, it's this attitude that if they somehow got the rights it would be the same as last time.

Perhaps it extends deeper, in that there is a black and white thinking out there in society.

It would not be the same as last time, it would be worse. ITV have not aged well since their oligopoly expired.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #15287 on: February 14, 2018, 12:45:58 am »
It would not be the same as last time, it would be worse. ITV have not aged well since their oligopoly expired.

Tactics Tim in the Tactics Truck, you know that's the sports programming we all want and need...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15288 on: February 14, 2018, 07:20:13 am »
Pen stealers in work. There is a supplies office with 100s of pens!
Why should I walk all the way to the supplies office when you have a pen conveniently lying around on your desk?

Offline Andy Hunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15289 on: February 14, 2018, 08:45:57 am »
Tactics Tim in the Tactics Truck, you know that's the sports programming we all want and need...

I'm not even clamouring for it back, but this is exactly what I'm talking about.

Everyone just assumes they would roll out the tactics truck again.

Offline Andy Hunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15290 on: February 14, 2018, 08:46:38 am »
Why should I walk all the way to the supplies office when you have a pen conveniently lying around on your desk?

To kill time?

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #15291 on: February 14, 2018, 09:42:54 am »
People - mostly sports people - who, when asked a question in an interview start their answer with, "Yeah... no..."

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #15292 on: February 14, 2018, 12:16:31 pm »
I'm not even clamouring for it back, but this is exactly what I'm talking about.

Everyone just assumes they would roll out the tactics truck again.

Chris Jericho wants the truck... And Tim...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #15293 on: February 14, 2018, 12:47:31 pm »
The increasingly common method of people answering questions in radio/tv interviews by starting with "So......"

When did this start being a thing? Is it an Americanism / Australianism that's crept into our culture?   :no

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15294 on: February 14, 2018, 12:54:32 pm »
The increasingly common method of people answering questions in radio/tv interviews by starting with "So......"

When did this start being a thing? Is it an Americanism / Australianism that's crept into our culture?   :no

Not just in interviews.

If you watch Masterchef or something like that and they take the dishes into the critics, they announce their fayre with "So, I've cooked for you picked llama gonads sautéed with garlic pollen"

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #15295 on: February 14, 2018, 01:02:43 pm »

I can't understand why more people aren't mentioning this obnoxious affectation - it annoys the hell out of me.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #15296 on: February 14, 2018, 01:12:31 pm »

surprised there isn't more said about this...it has (seemingly overnight) become the default way to start any answer to any question for politicians, footballers, journalists, x-factor contestants, writers, radio-hosts, economists, schoolkids, actors, teachers, artists and uncle Tom fuckin Cobley ....the bastard thing has become a ubiquitous part of the English language....where the fuck did it come from...and how the fuck did it become part of everyday/everyman parlance so quickly?...it's a conjunction you c*nts...use it in the middle of a sentence and not at the start
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15297 on: February 14, 2018, 01:19:12 pm »

I blame Peter Gabriel.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #15298 on: February 14, 2018, 01:20:00 pm »
Glad I'm not the only miserable b*stard who's annoyed by the "So..." bullsh*t  ;D  We should start a self help group.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15299 on: February 14, 2018, 01:25:33 pm »
Smokers. Absolutely fucking hate walking down the street having to walk through a cloud of it, even worse if I’m pushing the little’un in the pram. Why don’t you just fuck off? I just can’t think of a more selfish habit.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15300 on: February 14, 2018, 01:26:25 pm »

Online LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15301 on: February 14, 2018, 01:39:35 pm »
'you know' in the middle of a sentence where it doesn't belong is widespread.

David Beckham started it.

I guess it's the media training these people have, and saying it gives their brain extra time to come up with something, you know, relevant.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15302 on: February 14, 2018, 01:39:48 pm »
Smokers. Absolutely fucking hate walking down the street having to walk through a cloud of it,

Then don't
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15303 on: February 14, 2018, 01:40:52 pm »
Smokers. Absolutely fucking hate walking down the street having to walk through a cloud of it, even worse if I’m pushing the little’un in the pram. Why don’t you just fuck off? I just can’t think of a more selfish habit.

Then don't walk through it.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15304 on: February 14, 2018, 01:41:36 pm »
Then don't

So I should live indoors 24/7 so selfish fuckers can go round blowing toxic shite everywhere?

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15305 on: February 14, 2018, 01:45:19 pm »
So I should live indoors 24/7 so selfish fuckers can go round blowing toxic shite everywhere?

Barney's going to buy you a jetpack ;D No more pounding the pavements for you
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15306 on: February 14, 2018, 01:46:47 pm »

Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15307 on: February 14, 2018, 01:48:32 pm »

It's outside, a vast area of air, with wind, air currents and general movement of gases including smoke. A small amount of cigarette smoke does not tend to stay in a dense cloud for more than a few seconds or follow you around or form an impenetrable barrier somehow preventing you from avoiding it.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15308 on: February 14, 2018, 01:52:37 pm »
It's outside, a vast area of air, with wind, air currents and general movement of gases including smoke. A small amount of cigarette smoke does not tend to stay in a dense cloud for more than a few seconds or follow you around or form an impenetrable barrier somehow preventing you from avoiding it.

When you get selfish c*nts all congregating at the entrance to a building, often taking up a good chunk of the pavement, then you'll have to walk through plenty of smoke to get to where you want to be.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #15309 on: February 14, 2018, 02:14:06 pm »
The small things in life that really annoy you...

People who are paying their hard earned cash to watch Liam Gallagher in concert. Was on the way to work this morning and I think it was Radio X playing a live track he had recorded for a show he did for them
the other night. The old 'sounded like a cat being strangled' phrase came to mind. Fucking hell he sounds atrocious now! Was almost physically painful to listen to.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15310 on: February 14, 2018, 02:15:50 pm »
Give me cigarette smoke over clouds of vaping shite anyday of the week

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15311 on: February 14, 2018, 02:42:32 pm »
The small things in life that really annoy you...

People who are paying their hard earned cash to watch Liam Gallagher in concert. Was on the way to work this morning and I think it was Radio X playing a live track he had recorded for a show he did for them
the other night. The old 'sounded like a cat being strangled' phrase came to mind. Fucking hell he sounds atrocious now! Was almost physically painful to listen to.

I heard it played last night and thought I'd drifted out of good reception. I generally like Radio X, but they're way too far up the arses of the Gallagher brothers.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #15312 on: February 14, 2018, 03:32:26 pm »
Not being able to get Flamin hot Cheetos in the UK.

I mean, we can buy the shitty UK versions of Cheetos....but what you get in America is so much better. But we can't have it. Annoying!!
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15313 on: February 14, 2018, 03:52:39 pm »
Restaurants that serve chips in a tin mug..just put them on the plate with the rest of my food for fucks sake.

Offline Brain Potter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15314 on: February 14, 2018, 03:55:38 pm »

This use of 'so' pisses me off so much. I hear it all the time nowadays.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #15315 on: February 14, 2018, 04:00:16 pm »
Restaurants that serve chips in a tin mug..just put them on the plate with the rest of my food for fucks sake.
What are your views on garlic bread, Brian?

Offline Brain Potter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15316 on: February 14, 2018, 04:08:47 pm »
What are your views on garlic bread, Brian?

It's the future

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #15317 on: February 14, 2018, 04:16:41 pm »
This use of 'so' pisses me off so much. I hear it all the time nowadays.

Silly word. What's wrong with "now"?

"So" doesn't bother me, but watching YouTube videos and the number of times people use the totally pointless phrase "go ahead and" like the guy from Office Space is mind-boggling.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #15318 on: February 14, 2018, 04:17:26 pm »
People who ask your advice and then fucking argue with you that its wrong. If you know fucking better, then fuck off and dont ask me you fucktard. FFS

Bloke at works car has battery issues so asked if I had a battery tester. I said no, I'd just use a multimeter to test it. He reckons battery is knackered. Its brand new. All I said was test the alternator by putting multimeter and seeing if you get 13.8-14.2V. If lower then alternator has issues, if higher prob rectifier regulator etc. Nope, not good enough he wants a thing for testing the actual battery. He reckons my approach is wrong. Fine I say but if you eliminate the alternator and reg/rect then the battery is likely. Not good enough for him. He wants an actual battery tester. Fine buy one you daft twat and I'll just use my £5 multimeter to get to the same fucking conclusion.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15319 on: February 14, 2018, 04:24:03 pm »
People who ask your advice and then fucking argue with you that its wrong. If you know fucking better, then fuck off and dont ask me you fucktard. FFS

Bloke at works car has battery issues so asked if I had a battery tester. I said no, I'd just use a multimeter to test it. He reckons battery is knackered. Its brand new. All I said was test the alternator by putting multimeter and seeing if you get 13.8-14.2V. If lower then alternator has issues, if higher prob rectifier regulator etc. Nope, not good enough he wants a thing for testing the actual battery. He reckons my approach is wrong. Fine I say but if you eliminate the alternator and reg/rect then the battery is likely. Not good enough for him. He wants an actual battery tester. Fine buy one you daft twat and I'll just use my £5 multimeter to get to the same fucking conclusion.

Just take the piss when his new £50 tester proves there is nothing wrong with his battery.
Jurgen YNWA