Author Topic: CUP FINAL - Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: Full time  (Read 113990 times)

Offline dernaroy

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: CUP FINAL - Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: Full time
« Reply #1680 on: May 6, 2012, 10:03:59 am »
Roy Keane's observation that we play like a 5-a-side team, in that we lack movement, hit the mark for me. At one time use to call for more of it, thinking it would lead to Barcelona style football, I was wrong and I think Keane is spot on. We looked very static yesterday.

Interesting observation since we apparently play a lot of 5 aside in training.
i admireyour optimism but if you honestly believe we will finish even in the top 6 this year , then you my friend (im at pains to say this ) are deluded.

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...
« Reply #1681 on: May 6, 2012, 10:08:42 am »
We need another Lucas.

Not a backup.

A top DM who can play alongside Lucas or rotate with him.

He's so important to us that we can't go into another season without another legitimate option when he's out.
We need a lot of things mate and it al takes time and investment. The trouble is we spent a lot of money this season and largely we havent seen anything like any sort of return on the investment. Whether its the signings or the training or the tactics os the morivation I dont know. I do know that if we do go and sign the player you are suggesting we need it wont be an end to our problems unless we get it right both on and off the pitch.
Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1682 on: May 6, 2012, 10:08:53 am »
Should have changed it at half time. I'm struggling to understand why we didn't.

If Andy had come on at the start of the second half that would have given us another 10 minutes at least (and I do believe we would have made it 2-2 with more time). When you look at Chelsea's performance after Carroll did arrive, there's even reason to believe they wouldn't have scored that second goal in the first place.

60th minute substitutions are for tired legs. Tactical substitutions need to happen whenever necessary. This is by no means the only reason why we lost, but it did contribute to our downfall.

Offline placidcasual

• Main Stander
  • No you won't fool the children of the Rafalution
« Reply #1683 on: May 6, 2012, 10:10:02 am »
What bothers me most about yesterday is Dalglish isolating Suarez by playing him up front with little support. Given that Suarez and Dalglish have similar DNA as players surely Dalglish should be acutely aware that Suarez is at his best dropping off a striker and dragging defenders with him. The predictable tactics cost us the game yet again.

Carroll was absolutely superb when he came on. Hope he takes belief from that because he has shown his hand in the last few weeks - he is brilliant when on form.

Offline MazzaRed

• Kopite
« Reply #1684 on: May 6, 2012, 10:10:46 am »
Gerrard doesn't work hard enough to track runners sprinting towards the box. He only does it like 50% of the time. Someone needs to call him out on this or leave him at CAM.

Leave him where he's at his best CAM....Lucas will be back next season
Roman....if ever you're skint.....
                                              ......we've got 6 Euro's !

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #1685 on: May 6, 2012, 10:11:43 am »
That is an arse of an answer, and I can't be arsed answering it. Night, night.

call it an arse of an answer or not, I dont believe theres any thing there that isnt correct.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #1686 on: May 6, 2012, 10:13:21 am »
We need another Lucas.

Not a backup.

A top DM who can play alongside Lucas or rotate with him.

He's so important to us that we can't go into another season without another legitimate option when he's out.

You know there were certain posters on here that were adament we din't need a Mascherano type holding midfielder in our starting eleven. Often stating Utd didn't use one as a way of backing up their argument. ::)

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #1687 on: May 6, 2012, 10:16:23 am »
Leave him where he's at his best CAM....Lucas will be back next season

The thing is Gerrard was suppose to be playing as a CAM, but kept having to come deeper to help out Spearing and Henderson who kept getting over-run. Leaving Suarez completely isolated up top.

Offline Babelcopter

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1688 on: May 6, 2012, 10:18:52 am »
It's easy to say with hindsight that Carroll should have come on at half time but so many times he's come on an been absolute gash! If he'd come on and been shite we'd all be calling the substitution as the time of death. He did really well yesterday though, didn't have time to moan or go to ground and he looked unplayable because of his attitude. Let's see it more Andy!

« Reply #1689 on: May 6, 2012, 10:21:49 am »
It's easy to say with hindsight that Carroll should have come on at half time but so many times he's come on an been absolute gash! If he'd come on and been shite we'd all be calling the substitution as the time of death. He did really well yesterday though, didn't have time to moan or go to ground and he looked unplayable because of his attitude. Let's see it more Andy!
The point is what we were doing in the first half wasn't working AT ALL.

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...
« Reply #1690 on: May 6, 2012, 10:23:59 am »
The thing is Gerrard was suppose to be playing as a CAM, but kept having to come deeper to help out Spearing and Henderson who kept getting over-run. Leaving Suarez completely isolated up top.
Is exactly what happened which was largely attributable to them having better midfield players than us in that part of the pitch.
Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #1691 on: May 6, 2012, 10:24:18 am »
But he was also coming deep to take the ball off the foot of Skrtel.

Offline TOMMO86

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1692 on: May 6, 2012, 10:24:24 am »
Got back early hours of the morning. Woke up feeling down about yesterday.

Wrong team selection

Was it 4-1-4-1 he went??

Carroll was superb

« Reply #1693 on: May 6, 2012, 10:26:12 am »
Mate, Gerrard needed to Hendo and Spearing weren't able to get the ball forward, kept passing sideways and backwards we were stuck in our own half with the ball and no way to get forward so Gerrard had to drop deep for the ball.

Offline LFC-Dan

• one of the worst here!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1694 on: May 6, 2012, 10:27:00 am »
Kenny didn't sign Kuyt though did he. I totally agree with you though.
I see what you're saying. You can't start with an average player such as Downing just because you've splashed crazy money on him though! Surely its about starting with the players who have the experience and the right mentality? Especially in a cup final! Dirk's scored loads of big goals against those rentboys in the past aswell.
Justice for the 96

Offline spare us the cutter

• (not just another drop in the ocean)
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1695 on: May 6, 2012, 10:29:24 am »
 Gerrard Playing as a quarter back, what a joke.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #1696 on: May 6, 2012, 10:30:48 am »
We were awful in the 1st half but improved in the 2nd. Carroll was outstanding while Enrique & Spearing were abysmal. Reina should have done better with the opener getting beaten by his near post but couldn't do anything to have stopped the 2nd. Gutted.

Offline skeebo

• Kopite
  • FA Cup 2006, Just after the last pen! Wooohooo!
« Reply #1697 on: May 6, 2012, 10:33:25 am »
Am I the only person who think Brad Jones should have started after having a decent game in the semi? Like Carra, Reina doesn't have the god given right to come straight back in.
Justice for the 96

Offline Fuzion6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1698 on: May 6, 2012, 10:35:08 am »
Got back early hours of the morning. Woke up feeling down about yesterday.

Wrong team selection

Was it 4-1-4-1 he went??

Carroll was superb

You spoken to Jay yet? Poor guy had the worst game he could

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #1699 on: May 6, 2012, 10:36:30 am »
You'd really have stayed to watch the racist John Terry lift the cup in front of supporters who disrespected the 96? Fuck that.

It's bullshit. I don't blame anyone for leaving prior to the presentation. You want to talk about disrespect. Try the three Chelsea supporters at the entrace of the the second flight of steps giving it to our lads as they went up to receive their runners up medals. One by one, having a word with each of our players. One of the c*nts said nowt when Agger walked past him. It was on the coverage for all see (yes, I put myself through the pain). They can get to fuck, the lot of them, as far as I'm concerned.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1700 on: May 6, 2012, 10:37:03 am »
You spoken to Jay yet? Poor guy had the worst game he could

Not the worst game - just totally out of his depth.

Offline Mr Boat

• y McBoatface
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1701 on: May 6, 2012, 10:37:35 am »
Am I the only person who think Brad Jones should have started after having a decent game in the semi? Like Carra, Reina doesn't have the god given right to come straight back in.

I think you maybe. I agree Jones did have a good game but looked seriously nervous and didn't really have much to do. Not disrespecting him in anyway, mind.
How strange it is to be anything at all - NMH.

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1702 on: May 6, 2012, 10:39:12 am »

lol
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline SmithyTheRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1703 on: May 6, 2012, 10:40:02 am »
We need better players.
We need to learn that if in doubt, take a yellow.
...And we could do with some luck cos we haven't had much lately.
Red

Offline Bjinxi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1704 on: May 6, 2012, 10:40:57 am »

Hell no. Jones had a good game but he looked shaky at times. Rather Doni than Jones but Reina all the way

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #1705 on: May 6, 2012, 10:41:22 am »
Too bad we are hell bent on giving games away. Chelsea were there for the taking, but we dug ourselves too deep a hole. Reina again leaving the front post. That is a save even I would´ve made.

Suarez had a poor game, Gerrard was pretty much a non factor, poor Spearing was dreadful. Enrique gets a brain freeze every time he crosses the central line. Downing was doing his absolute best impression of the invisible man yet again and I don´t see a future here for him anymore.

Pretty much all the players who are our leaders let us down yesterday.

Carroll was an absolute beast and should have started.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1706 on: May 6, 2012, 10:42:42 am »
I wonder what would of happened if all of the players on the pitch ran to Carroll after that 'ghost goal' in celebration.
« Last Edit: May 6, 2012, 10:46:32 am by Discipline »
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1707 on: May 6, 2012, 10:43:41 am »
55-60 minutes of sitting so deep and not pressing at all until Chelsea were 30 yards from our goal cost us. They pressed us all over the pitch and generally had more energy than and us and wanted it more in those minutes. I lost count of the amount of times we had the ball in our own half and Suarez was the only player moving forward. Downing and Bellamy seemed glued to the halfway line at times and it was a case of them waiting for the ball to come to them instead of making forward runs.

One day soon we will learn that we can't constantly win finals by playing well after going behind.

Having said that, in the last half hour we were really good. We weren't just slightly better at that point, we were miles better. I think the tactics were wrong and that cost us, and we lost the final as much as Chelsea winning it.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1708 on: May 6, 2012, 10:45:44 am »
The decision to start without Carroll was entirely justified IMO. Bar Downing (and taking into account Lucas' injury) the team that started was our best XI. Carroll was immense when he came on but this season he has been bad far more times than good.

Selection was entirely justified however, tactics and preparation can easily be questioned.

Offline stevo747

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1709 on: May 6, 2012, 10:45:56 am »
     Unortunately, it was sadly predictable the 1st 60 minutes . The centre of midfield was always going to be the problem , we needed to play 3 in the middle due to Chelsea's quality and playing style plus our current lack of quality in these positions. Consequently Gerrard playing in the middle spent most of his time trying to get the side going by coming deeper and taking responsibility . Our greatest problem was that the other 2 choices in midfield really lack quality at the moment , one will never have it and the other is still learning, plus the only other option is a 19 year old still learning his trade.
     I don't necessarily think starting  with Carroll would have made things any better, midfield would still have been a problem. I thought the team picked was the best possible with personnel available , its the personnel available that was the worry .

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1710 on: May 6, 2012, 10:49:13 am »
call it an arse of an answer or not, I dont believe theres any thing there that isnt correct.
Don't get defensive. I'm not even having a dig at you, and I'm certainly not chuffed with what's going on, either. But think about, there's loads wrong about that view. By talking about binning Dalglish within 18 months, we're actually talking the future of the club here, what it really is, what it means, what it should be about and where it's going.

To be honest, I think it's already gone, and will never be the same again. We are just another cog in the global entertainment industry that football has become. We'll probably become a smaller and smaller one as time passes. Maybe, we'd be better off becoming like say, Cardiff. I really don't know. But what we are becoming, and what the top of football has become, isn't really my cup of tea. Each generation takes over and has their own game. They do things their way. Well, this over hyped, money grubbing, shite isn't what I signed up for.

The game's gone to fuck. Kenny would be better off out of it, enjoying his family and friends. But he won't give in like some think. If he goes, he will have been pushed, and that's that. It's all over. Liverpool will have nothing to do with the monster Shankly built. It will be just another commodity, like Weetabix, but my brand loyalty will be just about finished.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1711 on: May 6, 2012, 10:52:01 am »
The decision to start without Carroll was entirely justified IMO. Bar Downing (and taking into account Lucas' injury) the team that started was our best XI. Carroll was immense when he came on but this season he has been bad far more times than good.

Selection was entirely justified however, tactics and preparation can easily be questioned.

But the point isn't about the "best 11" on paper, it's as simple as looking at the Barca match. The best pass and move team in the world couldn't break Chelsea down effectively so why would we? Carroll gave us another option and the defenders shot themselves when he came on. Yes, they were tired, but it's still no coincidence.

Pheeny

« Reply #1712 on: May 6, 2012, 10:56:02 am »
so we lost because Gerrard was playing American Football...

Offline gazzathered

• RAWK's Token Ginger
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1713 on: May 6, 2012, 10:59:23 am »
That's a shame being something we have always been very quick to criticise other supporters for in the past.

Classless. ESPN were interviewing Chelsea at that point so I missed that wonderful example of sporting behaviour.

Majority had gone, I left as soon as he lifted it, stayed for the very reason that I think you should just stay and not be a sore loser but it was hard doing it.
YNWA

Offline redrockydennis

• Annie Wilkes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • gonna paint me jarg wheelie bin purple
« Reply #1714 on: May 6, 2012, 11:04:34 am »
Don't get defensive. I'm not even having a dig at you, and I'm certainly not chuffed with what's going on, either. But think about, there's loads wrong about that view. By talking about binning Dalglish within 18 months, we're actually talking the future of the club here, what it really is, what it means, what it should be about and where it's going.

To be honest, I think it's already gone, and will never be the same again. We are just another cog in the global entertainment industry that football has become. We'll probably become a smaller and smaller one as time passes. Maybe, we'd be better off becoming like say, Cardiff. I really don't know. But what we are becoming, and what the top of football has become, isn't really my cup of tea. Each generation takes over and has their own game. They do things their way. Well, this over hyped, money grubbing, shite isn't what I signed up for.

The game's gone to fuck. Kenny would be better off out of it, enjoying his family and friends. But he won't give in like some think. If he goes, he will have been pushed, and that's that. It's all over. Liverpool will have nothing to do with the monster Shankly built. It will be just another commodity, like Weetabix, but my brand loyalty will be just about finished.

Saddens me but I think it was hicks who came out with the weetabix analogy, and he wasn't wrong.
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes,
of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1715 on: May 6, 2012, 11:06:02 am »
It wasn´t, and it isn´t the fans fucking it up though, it´s the people at the club.

And it wasn´t Rafa, of course, like some ex players, players or media people wanted to make us believe, in fact he overachieved.  And when it comes to the decision since Rafa left, it wasn´t our ex owners neither, H&G, who wanted to bleed out the club but for sure didn´t advise Purslow to bring in the likes of Konchensky while trying to sell Lucas f.e.

The people at the club fucked it up big time, not the fans and not modern times football.
« Last Edit: May 6, 2012, 11:16:05 am by steveeastend »
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline redmen9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1716 on: May 6, 2012, 11:07:41 am »
Surprised Enrique's coming in for criticism.  He hardly set the world alight but al least he had the balls to have a go at getting down the wing, Henderson and Downing's first reaction was always to look for a pass backwards.  Lacked confidence in their own abilities.  Too many players off key just when you hoped that a few might rise to the occasion.  Ho bloody hum!

Offline brussels sprout

• Fucking Beaut.
  • Kopite
« Reply #1717 on: May 6, 2012, 11:11:11 am »
I wonder what would of happened if all of the players on the pitch ran to Carroll after that 'ghost goal' in celebration.
Wonder what would have happened if one of the players had followed the ball and made fucking sure it hit the back of the net
A bastion of invincibility

Offline Tom_B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1718 on: May 6, 2012, 11:12:31 am »
Surprised Enrique's coming in for criticism.  He hardly set the world alight but al least he had the balls to have a go at getting down the wing, Henderson and Downing's first reaction was always to look for a pass backwards.  Lacked confidence in their own abilities.  Too many players off key just when you hoped that a few might rise to the occasion.  Ho bloody hum!

His passing was horrendous mate and he was as much at fault as anyone for the first goal. I'm a big fan of his but he was poor.

Offline nik1981

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1719 on: May 6, 2012, 11:15:53 am »
Thought he was our worst player to be honest.
Lost count of the times he lost possession.
Even my gf mentioned it and she knows nothing about footie.
Big Andy's performance the only positive for me.
I just dont like the style of football we playing with him in our team.