Author Topic: CUP FINAL - Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: Full time  (Read 113989 times)

Offline MazzaRed

• Kopite
Re: CUP FINAL - Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: Full time
« Reply #1640 on: May 6, 2012, 09:03:49 am »
Shit happens. We've won one trophy.

At least we dont need a new no.9. Turns out the one we have is fucking awesome.

THIS!  My only one big question was why why why didn't he start??? Bellamy would, in my opinion been more effective in coming on for the last half hour with those fresh fast legs?  I hope the media bash of Kenny that will now follow....doesn't impact
Roman....if ever you're skint.....
                                              ......we've got 6 Euro's !

Offline Godmadebloodred

• Legacy Fan
  • The Beanitezls
« Reply #1641 on: May 6, 2012, 09:03:50 am »
I shit you not, I developed a fever immediately after the game. Shivers and temperature and the works.
Not good.

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...
« Reply #1642 on: May 6, 2012, 09:03:59 am »
If we had started the game like we were 2-0 down instead of waiting until we actually were we'd have probably seen a different result.

Really pleased with the way we fought back back which allowed us to walk away with some sense of achievement but we went there to win and we didnt.

Overall had a great day out (again) and proud of how our supporters kept singing and supporting the team right up to the end. Loads of neutral lads texted me to say we were unlucky and the support was fantastic.

Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1643 on: May 6, 2012, 09:13:45 am »
Chelsea wanted as easier game as possible leading up to the Munich game, and we obliged.
Who's fault we didn't hear the whistle at 5.15, just the one that allowed us to kick off after Drogba' goal?

Reina had another poor game by his standards, 2 years ago I'd have expected him to save both, we need Xavi back, and fast.

Enrique has completely retreated into his shell for some reason, and when Ramires outmuscled him for the first he should have taken him down, and taken a yellow for the team.

Spearing, just not good enough, tries hard but lacks the level of quality required to fill the shoes of Lucas, it's not his fault, he's just never going to be that good.

Henderson, this season has come 12 months to soon for him, I think it will have been a massive culture shock for him and hopefully he'll learn from it and grow to be the player we all hope he can be.

Downing, shithouse, needs to be moved on ASAP. Out of his depth, and it doesn't appear he has the fight to prove otherwise.

Bellamy, quiet game, we all have them.

Gerrard, not the player he used to be, but he wasn't given the chance today, Spearing and Henderson against the Chelsea midfield was never gonna work, Gerrard along with Suarez paid the price.

Carroll, wow, just wow, we have a player on our hands here, he proved in 30 minutes today that he can be all we'd hoped for.

We got what our first hours performance deserved, fuck all. For me the ball was over the line, but was too close to call either way, I'm certainly not gonna use it as some sort of argument to say it was why we lost the final, get over it.
The reason we lost the game in my opinion is the fact that Kenny thought Jay and Jordan would be sufficient to play against their midfield, they weren't, by a long stretch, which meant Gerrard dropping deeper, which in turn left Luis completely isolated.
It really is as simple as that.
We knew what to expect from Downing, Enrique etc so it comes as no suprise the performances they put in.
There were two players for me that rose to the occasion, Agger and Carroll. There were about 2/3 others that realised were they were but just couldn't raise their game, the rest? Passed them by in a blur.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline redannie

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1644 on: May 6, 2012, 09:18:08 am »
Xavi who?

Offline southport_fan

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1645 on: May 6, 2012, 09:18:41 am »
I know post count is everything on this forum, so with mine being so low, perhaps I won't be taken so seriously with this post, I do hope you will give it a chance and judge it on content rather than anything else. I suppose being called southport_fan won't help my case either but never mind.

With that in mind, I have to say I was pretty disappointed in our supporters at Wembley yesterday. The reason why is fairly long, I hope you'll bare with me.

I think we've had a difficult time of it lately. We've been branded racists and cheats, the usual rubbish has been sprouted that we should just forget about Hillsborough and agree to play on April 15th. We have had a lot of negative press thrown our way, all undeserved in my opinion.

Which brings me to yesterday. We were pretty riled anyway with those stupid plastic flags. How dare the FA think we need props like that to create atmosphere? The kick off time ruined the day for a lot of people already, we were not happy.

We were beaten yesterday, fair and square, by a better team. Was it over the line? Was it not? Some mock ups suggest it was a goal, the camera suggests it wasn't. Was the camera angle totally straight? It will be like 1966 for me, we'll never really know.

But still, Chelsea outplayed us and deserve their win, to be fair I haven't really seen anyone deny that on here. I was horrified then that we couldn't show respect to our competitors and stay for the award of the trophy to Chelsea. The Liverpool half of the ground was empty by the time John Terry lifted the trophy. It was hard to watch Chelsea win but I still feel we have no excuse to leave early.

On the whole we travelled further than Chelsea and transport was a far bigger issue for us than most blues. But is staying in the ground another 5-10 minutes really going to ruin anyones plans? Traffic was busy before the game had even ended.

Thought that behaviour put a really big downer on a great day out....
Twitter:   @cavjj      @project_luci

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #1646 on: May 6, 2012, 09:18:58 am »

The reason we lost the game in my opinion is the fact that Kenny thought Jay and Jordan would be sufficient to play against their midfield, they weren't, by a long stretch, which meant Gerrard dropping deeper, which in turn left Luis completely isolated.
It really is as simple as that.

Agree with this, problem is what other option did we have? Could've played Shelvey I suppose but he's hardly a holding midfielder either. Its most definitely an area that needs addressing this summer.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1647 on: May 6, 2012, 09:20:00 am »
Xavi who?

Valero. Pepes old goalkeeping coach under Rafa.

Offline andyrol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • might bring you boys a rabbit up in the week
« Reply #1648 on: May 6, 2012, 09:21:05 am »
our problem is we havent enough 'intelligent' players. also kenny isnt the type of manager who goes over every little thing with players (like rafa would/did) he puts a lot of faith in the players themselves, some are ok with this-suarez, gerrard ( a little), agger,johnson. but some, like downing, spearing, dont or cant think for themselves during the game. how many times does downing drift inside or when he sees a full back overlapping automatically gives him the ball sometimes when space has opened up in front of him. suarez-carroll-bellamy should have been the front line yesterday. easy to say now i know, but these have good game intelligence and scare opponents, downing doesnt and possibly never will.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1649 on: May 6, 2012, 09:23:52 am »
I think Maxi or Kuyt would've been a better option then Downing.

Offline Mr Boat

• y McBoatface
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1650 on: May 6, 2012, 09:23:58 am »
I know post count is everything on this forum, so with mine being so low, perhaps I won't be taken so seriously with this post, I do hope you will give it a chance and judge it on content rather than anything else. I suppose being called southport_fan won't help my case either but never mind.

With that in mind, I have to say I was pretty disappointed in our supporters at Wembley yesterday. The reason why is fairly long, I hope you'll bare with me.

I think we've had a difficult time of it lately. We've been branded racists and cheats, the usual rubbish has been sprouted that we should just forget about Hillsborough and agree to play on April 15th. We have had a lot of negative press thrown our way, all undeserved in my opinion.

Which brings me to yesterday. We were pretty riled anyway with those stupid plastic flags. How dare the FA think we need props like that to create atmosphere? The kick off time ruined the day for a lot of people already, we were not happy.

We were beaten yesterday, fair and square, by a better team. Was it over the line? Was it not? Some mock ups suggest it was a goal, the camera suggests it wasn't. Was the camera angle totally straight? It will be like 1966 for me, we'll never really know.

But still, Chelsea outplayed us and deserve their win, to be fair I haven't really seen anyone deny that on here. I was horrified then that we couldn't show respect to our competitors and stay for the award of the trophy to Chelsea. The Liverpool half of the ground was empty by the time John Terry lifted the trophy. It was hard to watch Chelsea win but I still feel we have no excuse to leave early.

On the whole we travelled further than Chelsea and transport was a far bigger issue for us than most blues. But is staying in the ground another 5-10 minutes really going to ruin anyones plans? Traffic was busy before the game had even ended.

There were plenty of reds still in the stadium; me and my lad went down to pitchside in 106 to clap our lads and the winners. Only to see our boys get booed and jeered at as they climbed the steps. My lad cried and I felt like it....they deserve no respect whatsoever.
How strange it is to be anything at all - NMH.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1651 on: May 6, 2012, 09:25:04 am »
Agree with this, problem is what other option did we have? Could've played Shelvey I suppose but he's hardly a holding midfielder either. Its most definitely an area that needs addressing this summer.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and with the benefit of it we'd all have a medals haul like Ferguson or Mourinho, but I'm gonna make a leftfield suggestion here, if I was picking the side again, I'd have left Downing out and played a three in midfield, Jay Jordan and Dirk, kept them rigid.
We'd have been no worse off going forward but Dirks workrate would have helped the two out.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline alhogan

• Main Stander
« Reply #1652 on: May 6, 2012, 09:30:53 am »
What amazes me is that king Kenny didn't have the balls to change the personnel after half an hour when it was plainly obvious that  we were being outplayed by chelsea who looked very comfortable for 60 mins. What does kenny see is Stuart downing? He offers the team nothing except lose the ball and play the return pass to Enrique who is also in very poor form. It's easy to see why Enrique is not in the Spain squad because he lacks the qualities of a top class left back. Had we started with Kuyt instead of downing and Carroll instead of spearing then I think Liverpool would have won yesterday.

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
Re: Re: CUP FINAL - Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: Full time
« Reply #1653 on: May 6, 2012, 09:30:58 am »

Usually I'd agree with you, but their inability to keep quiet for a minute's silence and booing us going up the steps mean they deserve fuck all respect from us.

Offline wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1654 on: May 6, 2012, 09:31:22 am »
There were plenty of reds still in the stadium; me and my lad went down to pitchside in 106 to clap our lads and the winners. Only to see our boys get booed and jeered at as they climbed the steps. My lad cried and I felt like it....they deserve no respect whatsoever.

Sorry to here about that, no need for that kind of thing especially in a final when the game is over and your side won.
« Last Edit: May 6, 2012, 09:33:11 am by wheresnemeth »
making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France...

Offline Baz Smythe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1655 on: May 6, 2012, 09:33:19 am »

I would have been a better option than Downing.
Follow me on twitter.

https://twitter.com/1chrissmith1

« Reply #1656 on: May 6, 2012, 09:36:54 am »
I think he should have changed it at half time it was clearly not working our passing game was totally off, not just the two CM but the wide players were struggling as well.

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1657 on: May 6, 2012, 09:37:15 am »

Maxi played in both games this year against 'em... and scored twice. Not too sure why he didn't start.
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Legacy Fan
  • PSN: WesleyP1pes
« Reply #1658 on: May 6, 2012, 09:41:46 am »
I have so much respect for Drogba as a player or should I say for his ability but the bloke does a good job of killing his image and goes out of his way to ensure he doesn't go down in history as the out and out champion that a player of his resume should.

For mine he is just a cheating dog!

Offline brad147690

• get shirty
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1659 on: May 6, 2012, 09:43:08 am »
I don't know if it is just me but I don't think it was a goal and I am glad it didn't full go over the line otherwise if it had clearly gone in and they hadn't seen it then I would be fuming right now. We just weren't good enough but Chelsea were no better. Get these two games out the way then look to next season.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1660 on: May 6, 2012, 09:43:17 am »
Maxi played in both games this year against 'em... and scored twice. Not too sure why he didn't start.

Neither do I. The only reason why I think Kenny persists with the likes of Downing is because he signed him. Other then that I cant see why he would start ahead of Dirk and Maxi.

royhendo

« Reply #1661 on: May 6, 2012, 09:44:46 am »
What amazes me is that king Kenny didn't have the balls to change the personnel after half an hour...

Just say "Kenny didn't change...". Leave the inference that he doesn't have balls out please mate.

Offline redannie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1662 on: May 6, 2012, 09:45:21 am »
Valero. Pepes old goalkeeping coach under Rafa.

Thankyou I'm so used to hearing him referred to by his surname  I'd forgotten his christian name

Offline Sevo

• Happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy joy.
  • Kopite
« Reply #1663 on: May 6, 2012, 09:46:21 am »

Possibly Kenny rates mediocrity over talent? Seriously though, how Kenny allowed that debacle to carry on for an hour is beyond me. He only really changed things after their second goal, and I bet even he didn't see Andy putting in that sort of performance. Kenny's substitions have been poor all season.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1664 on: May 6, 2012, 09:46:26 am »
Neither do I. The only reason why I think Kenny persists with the likes of Downing is because he signed him. Other then that I cant see why he would start ahead of Dirk and Maxi.

Let's be honest here mate, he's done it with all his players, Adam, Henderson, Downing......
The way to get a performance is definately not by trying to'force it'.
It's a pity Maxi or Carroll haven't had the same backing that the aformentioned three have had.

Offline Stuart_Howard

• Main Stander
« Reply #1665 on: May 6, 2012, 09:47:30 am »
Sorry to here about that, no need for that kind of thing especially in a final when the game is over and your side won.

Worse outside - Just me and my mate Charlie - not a big group of others - making our way to around the side of the Arena.  You'd expect piss take comments and the like but it was real in your face aggro - my fault, should have stuck me scarf in my pocket - I've gone soft.  But the anger and the hatred for us is specatcular.  Piss take yes but looking for aggro after a win - with two 40 year old blokes. Wankers.
As a kid, weren't the square crash barriers just so much better?

Offline willored

• Main Stander
« Reply #1666 on: May 6, 2012, 09:47:40 am »
Just watching the game again if andy carol follows in on his header hel score but he turns away to celebrate

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1667 on: May 6, 2012, 09:49:55 am »
Let's be honest here mate, he's done it with all his players, Adam, Henderson, Downing......
The way to get a performance is definately not by trying to'force it'.
It's a pity Maxi or Carroll haven't had the same backing that the aformentioned three have had.

Or Dirk come to mention it. And I know people might say he hasn't been that good himself this season, but that may be down to the fact that hes hardly played much himself. Atleast with Kuyt you know hes not goin to shit out and he'll put a shift in for you.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1668 on: May 6, 2012, 09:50:06 am »
Just watching the game again if andy carol follows in on his header hel score but he turns away to celebrate

He thought it was in and had Ivanovic ready to block him off.

Can't blame him for celebrating at all.

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1669 on: May 6, 2012, 09:50:53 am »
Dont forget we arnt as close to the players as kenny an his staff,  but from the outside his treatment of maxi an big andy to name 2 has stank, specially when my pethate downing  is a permanent fixture.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1670 on: May 6, 2012, 09:52:18 am »
Dont forget we arnt as close to the players as kenny an his staff,  but from the outside his treatment of maxi an big andy to name 2 has stank, specially when my pethate downing  is a permanent fixture.
I think Kuyt has most reason to feel a little peeved at being sidelined this season. Given what he has done for the club.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline kvarmeismydad

• Might regale ya with tales of footballing genitalia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1671 on: May 6, 2012, 09:52:40 am »
We need another Lucas.

Not a backup.

A top DM who can play alongside Lucas or rotate with him.

He's so important to us that we can't go into another season without another legitimate option when he's out.
@paulair

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1672 on: May 6, 2012, 09:52:47 am »
yer mate, as i said to name 2...
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1673 on: May 6, 2012, 09:53:28 am »

I wouldn't worry about post count, I hardly look at the thing, there'll be good Reds who've been home and away for donkey years with low post counts if they're new on here and vice versa people with high post counts who talk drivel. It's your opinions that count and what you're judged on by most members.

Like others have said, normally be in full agreement with you but yesterday was a bit of an exception. I was unlucky enough to leave the ground with the Chelsea fans and large section were classless mixed in with the booing of the minutes silence, this took it's toll but I think as much as anything everyone just wanted home after the late kick off and transport difficulties
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline LFC-Dan

• one of the worst here!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1674 on: May 6, 2012, 09:54:00 am »
I think Kuyt has most reason to feel a little peeved at being sidelined this season. Given what he has done for the club.
Couldn't agree more.  I thought it was ridiculous how Dirk didn't start the game yesterday and to be honest I thought it was a bit of an insult.  Dirk's shown more for this football club in terms of effort and commitment than Downing ever could.
Justice for the 96

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1675 on: May 6, 2012, 09:56:06 am »
Couldn't agree more.  I thought it was ridiculous how Dirk didn't start the game yesterday and to be honest I thought it was a bit of an insult.  Dirk's shown more for this football club in terms of effort and commitment than Downing ever could.

Kenny didn't sign Kuyt though did he. I totally agree with you though.

Offline redannie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1676 on: May 6, 2012, 09:56:20 am »

That's a shame being something we have always been very quick to criticise other supporters for in the past.

Classless. ESPN were interviewing Chelsea at that point so I missed that wonderful example of sporting behaviour.

Offline welshred1976

• Legacy Fan
  • make us dream
« Reply #1677 on: May 6, 2012, 10:01:01 am »

They really are vile bunch. Even in victory they have no class whatsoever.
“The status of the club is incredible, but it’s only until you come in it that you understand everything that goes on with the football club, with the Hillsborough Support Group ... it’s more than a football club, this is a way of life." Mr. Rodgers

Offline Mal

• adjusted. The Preston Heston is Aylesbury Ducked. Accepts rubbers from any Dick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1678 on: May 6, 2012, 10:01:08 am »
Balls.
@ManifoldReasons

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1679 on: May 6, 2012, 10:02:00 am »
That's a shame being something we have always been very quick to criticise other supporters for in the past.

Classless. ESPN were interviewing Chelsea at that point so I missed that wonderful example of sporting behaviour.

You'd really have stayed to watch the racist John Terry lift the cup in front of supporters who disrespected the 96? Fuck that.
« Last Edit: May 6, 2012, 10:06:19 am by smicer07 »