Author Topic: CUP FINAL - Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: Full time  (Read 114011 times)

Offline kopenddanny

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: CUP FINAL - Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: Full time
« Reply #1560 on: May 6, 2012, 02:32:13 am »
Simple conclusion, we were fucking shite for an hour and good for half an hour. Not good enough, just got back, a whole fucking day on a sweaty shitty bus for that.

Offline Redallover11

• Just behind Red Al Lover Number Ten in the Red Al Lover Queue
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1561 on: May 6, 2012, 02:35:28 am »
Did they really outplay us? They weren't that good really, we were just that shite in comparison. But I understand your concerns as I too have them.
Yes mate they did. We were playing outside our own box for the whole first half and I don't think I saw Cech with the ball. Suarez looked like Van Persie or Drogba against Barca He was so alone.
I know what you mean but when one team is shite then it's fairly fair to say that the other team outplayed you. What do you want them to be just a shite?

You have to show up. Enrique didn't Henderson didn't Downing didn't Spearing didn't (Spearing however when Lucas was beside him I thought He was a different player so for me goes to show how good Lucas is. Also Gererard kept coming back to do Spearings job, well everyones job bar his own .

Nope more I think about it we were completely outplayed.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1562 on: May 6, 2012, 02:36:10 am »
summary:
a) spearing was outclzss in midfield. showed his lack nous in awareness of danger

b) why did henderson play right side

c)why did stevie play so deep?

d) for kenny & s clarke: why was team set up with our  displays from such?

e) wrong day for poor defending -2 attacks 2 goals in first 50mins
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1563 on: May 6, 2012, 02:38:33 am »
Fuck, we lost :(
I can't quite believe how poor we were for some good 50-60 minutes.
We were shockingly poor, blunt and going nowhere fast.
Andy caused some major damage after he came on  and in hindsight he should have started, as well as Jonjo. We could have scraped through maybe but we probably just weren't good enough on the day.

As for Kenny, I'm much more bothered about what will our spending budget be, who will we spend it on and who is going to make the important decisions. Manager is the smaller of our problems, if a problem at all at this point. We need better coaches (shocking strikers and goalkeeper form) and we fucking finally need a good, smart and strong transfer window, one we won't look back at with regrets, after several years of generally being selfharming morons when both selling and buying.

Fuck it, we lost :(

Offline nijartovino

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1564 on: May 6, 2012, 02:44:26 am »
La razón por la que preguntó fue porque se le preguntó cómo estábamos jugando, me pareció extraño que un seguidor del Liverpool para preguntar.

It was more like a retoric question...i just wanted to ask to everybody how they could describe the team. Emery, Valencia´s manager is leaving this summer, after 3 good seasons, qualifing for champions league. The reason is that in valencia nobody knows what the team is exactly doing and because of this the fans are not excited about the team , even being 3d. is easy to define Barcelona, or Madrid, or Manchester city style, but with Liverpool i can ´t do it. in the same way i don´t feel that another season with him will bring better things. I said Rafa since i see many references to him in the forum , but there are plenty of good young managers that could do great things. Someone said that would mean start from zero: Yes, sometimes the transfers are not good and the young promises are not so good as they are expected (barcelona has some of them this year). I would clean the team, starting from the old guard.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #1565 on: May 6, 2012, 02:46:40 am »
How long did it take Shanks?
How long did it take Ferguson?
Dominant football clubs aren't built in 18 months.
We gave Kenny a contract. We let him see it out. We review it then. If we don't give him time, what chance some stranger? You want to keep gambling on a new manager every 18 months in the hope one of them get's it right in the first 12?

Wasnt around when Shanks was around but from what I know he got us promoted after a couple of seasons, how results went from when he took over to then... I honestly have no idea. As for Ferguson, I have no idea how they perforrmed between when he took over to when they were a success.

Im not talking about domination, that takes years to build, nor am I talking about 'getting it right in 12 months', but I dont think progress on last season was too much to expect and I dont think we've seen any of that this year or much that points to it but appreciate opinions will differ on this season wildly and whether its been successful or not.

As for strangers, Shanks was a stranger once, so was Houllier and so was Rafa.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline faisfais

• Kopite
« Reply #1566 on: May 6, 2012, 02:47:16 am »
Liverpool's tactics were incorrect. They went into a mindset of not losing and fearing the power of Chelsea's counter attack. Starting with the Everton line-up would have been a better option in hindsight. In my opinion Enrique and Spearing were the weak links today. In the pre-game thread, I kept banging on about starting Agger/Carragher next to Henderson in midfield in place of Spearing & Aurelio in the left as opposed to Enrique.

There were positives in today's game:

(1) Winning the FA Cup would certainly give rise to unrealistic expectations and pressure on a young squad next season. That being said Liverpool exists for winning trophies.
(2) After months of relying on Plan A: the brilliance of Suarez, Andy Carroll is slowly starting to appear as a genuine & effective Plan B against teams that park the bus.
(3) Players with limited technical ability and past their prime have been identified and King Kenny now has all the evidence he needs to make a case for shipping them out and getting adequate replacements.
(4) A genuine option of decreasing the wage bill by sacrificing Gerrard-Reina-Carragher-Cole for younger players can now be discussed. The reality is that King Kenny needs two more seasons and at minimum 5 more players to get going.

My fear is that if things don't start well next season, Dalglish will get the sack fueled by BS from the same people who asked Rafa to leave. I am OK with finishing 5th next season as long as we start building a solid team in 2-3 years time with Agger-Lucas-Henderson-Carroll-Suarez at the core. A good Europa League campaign next year would be great.

Also a good pre-season will be beneficial, but that is not going to happen given the Euros & Olympics.
« Last Edit: May 6, 2012, 02:50:00 am by faisfais »

Offline gloves

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1567 on: May 6, 2012, 02:52:43 am »
A big disappointment because the game was there for the taking. Even worse is that we gave the game to them with the exception of when Andy Carroll came on. They did not even have to do anything special. For some reason there was a seeming lack of desire until Andy.

Offline Rafa_La

• Would give Chopper one by mouth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool, Did you think we would leave you dying?
« Reply #1568 on: May 6, 2012, 02:55:16 am »
Today showed many reasons as to why I believe Kenny isn’t the right man.
His inability to speak to the media is in my opinion completely out of order. Makes him seem a whingy old man, very similar to whisky nose. It’s rude to consistently try and belittle the media and walk away from them. Unfortunately I believe Kenny is stuck in the past. I love the guy to pieces; he’s a God in my eyes and will continue to be. He’s my hero and will continue to be a club legend but I believe everyone feels the same as me; he needs to go for the benefit of the club. 

All sentiment to one side, what do you guys think?

Could I trouble you for your email?

Shall send your CV to the owners in the USA.

Obvious you have the nous to manage our Club.

Maybe Hodgson could help you?

You really are a muppet. :wanker
Nunca me bajoneé, mi conciencia estaba tranquila porque sabía cómo habían sido las cosas.
"The reason i never felt depressed is because my conscience was clear, I Knew what had really happened."
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1569 on: May 6, 2012, 02:59:52 am »
A big disappointment because the game was there for the taking. Even worse is that we gave the game to them with the exception of when Andy Carroll came on. They did not even have to do anything special. For some reason there was a seeming lack of desire until Andy.
simple reason our midfield setup was easily contained. not the lack of desire but lack of nous to break chelseaxmidfield. they looked lost.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1570 on: May 6, 2012, 03:00:36 am »
Wasnt around when Shanks was around but from what I know he got us promoted after a couple of seasons, how results went from when he took over to then... I honestly have no idea. As for Ferguson, I have no idea how they perforrmed between when he took over to when they were a success.

Im not talking about domination, that takes years to build, nor am I talking about 'getting it right in 12 months', but I dont think progress on last season was too much to expect and I dont think we've seen any of that this year or much that points to it but appreciate opinions will differ on this season wildly and whether its been successful or not.

As for strangers, Shanks was a stranger once, so was Houllier and so was Rafa.
That is an arse of an answer, and I can't be arsed answering it. Night, night.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline SportBilly

• Of course America had been discovered by scousers before Columbus, but we always kept it hushed up.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I intend to live forever. Or die trying.
« Reply #1571 on: May 6, 2012, 03:01:47 am »
Today showed many reasons as to why I believe Kenny isn’t the right man.
His inability to speak to the media is in my opinion completely out of order. Makes him seem a whingy old man, very similar to whisky nose. It’s rude to consistently try and belittle the media and walk away from them. Unfortunately I believe Kenny is stuck in the past. I love the guy to pieces; he’s a God in my eyes and will continue to be. He’s my hero and will continue to be a club legend but I believe everyone feels the same as me; he needs to go for the benefit of the club.

Absolutely disagree. I'll back Kenny 100% while still admitting that he gets some things wrong. But when it comes to the way he deals with the media, I love him even more. He knows - and has seen first hand - what the media is like, whether that's spinning answers for their own agenda or just blatantly fucking lying in print. There may be other tacticians out there who can get the better of him on the pitch but when it comes to dealing with the media he's second to none for me.
When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.   (John Ruskin - English critic, essayist, & reformer (1819 - 1900) )

Offline Zelnaga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1572 on: May 6, 2012, 03:07:27 am »
Then why are Chelsea FA Cup winners and in the Champions League final?

They have a better team than us. Simple.

Offline Redstafarian

• Anny Roader
  • Fish fingers, mash n peas
« Reply #1573 on: May 6, 2012, 03:10:49 am »
I'm proud of the lads, the way they regrouped after sorting out the structure. We all but nicked it in true Liverpool Cup Final style, a great effort from everyone as soon as we had the right shape. I feel for Spearo, and we might not see him much after that showing, but Andy, the 'real' Andy, oh where have you been all this time?! Can't wait for next season. YNWA.
Liverpool 2 West Ham 1, BBC Radio live coverage of league cup final  ... first and best memory

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #1574 on: May 6, 2012, 03:13:04 am »
Andy, the 'real' Andy, oh where have you been all this time?!

He's been in and out of the side intermittently, despite playing well.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #1575 on: May 6, 2012, 03:15:51 am »
pah

Offline NOTBORNIN1982

• and neither is he the best poster on here, not even close in fact. Maybe the 1982nd.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand
« Reply #1576 on: May 6, 2012, 03:19:43 am »
Today showed many reasons as to why I believe Kenny isn’t the right man. All sentiment to one side today was extremely poor. It hasn’t only been today though, that’s the problem. In Kenny’s autobiography he explains what happens when a manager loses the dressing room. He explains that the players aren’t motivated, aren’t happy with methods and largely lethargic.

Recently this has happened all too much. Stephen Martin said on the day of the Arsenal game that players were arguing with Kenny after the match. Was this the day Kenny lost the dressing room? It seems that way, our league form went completely off the rails from then on.
Results have been awful, simply awful. Barring the win against a weakened Everton side we’ve lost to WBA, Newcastle, Sunderland, all in which were poor performances. WBA was a different story compared to the others but either way, it’s a defeat.

Today proved that Kenny Dalglish isn’t cut out for it. The season has showed one dimensional tactics. There seems to be no variation and no certain urgency to change. Incorrect squad selections and incorrect starting XI’s have happened all too many times. Having a bench with 4 defenders on in a home league game against Fulham just isn’t right. His decisions have been questionable and have very rarely come off on a positive note.

His inability to speak to the media is in my opinion completely out of order. Makes him seem a whingy old man, very similar to whisky nose. It’s rude to consistently try and belittle the media and walk away from them. Although they could of handled the Suarez affair better, Kenny said he will learn from his mistakes and the situation would pan out differently if it was to occur again. It shows he’s not willing to learn from mistakes and it shows in his personality and his decisions.

His signings and consistency persistence of picking overpriced and largely lethargic players over people who want to play for the shirt is damaging the club. Shelvey could do twice the job on a majority of occasions than Jordan Henderson. Maxi or Dirk, even Raheem would have provided more than Stewart Downing has this year.
Unfortunately I believe Kenny is stuck in the past. I love the guy to pieces; he’s a God in my eyes and will continue to be. He’s my hero and will continue to be a club legend but I believe everyone feels the same as me; he needs to go for the benefit of the club. 

You have no idea what your talking about.
"How much do you smoke, sir? Two packs a day, is that right? Pussy. I go through two lighters a day. That's right, two lighters! You're a health nut compared to me."

Offline heroes123

• Main Stander
« Reply #1577 on: May 6, 2012, 03:22:40 am »
terribly hurt with the result. however i think it is a good thing that we lost. sort of put things into perspective. makes us realise/remember how bad the season has been and how much work needs to be done for next season.

Offline American_Kopite

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA. JFT96.
« Reply #1578 on: May 6, 2012, 03:23:25 am »
So...this is my first post, hello to everybody.I am spanish, I am not a big fan but Liverpool is my favourite team in Premier League.I think that many people started to follow English football thanks to Liverpool some years ago. some questions... when are you going to fire Kenny Dalglish? I don´t want to be rude but i don´t see him too much future (not always the great players are great managers). Why don´t you bring Benitez back? well, actually i don´t know very well what is the general opinion about that but...at least with him you had big names in the team, being a serious team in Europe. I think that he is desperate to come back :D, regards!

Yo solo tengo unos meses aqui, pero depues de leer esto y leer los respuestas de los otros, yo creo que no es muy sabio decir que no eres un fan grande de Liverpool y decir lo que dijiste.
YNWA - JFT96. I have an unhealthy obsession with Xabi Alonso. Don't tell my girlfriend.

Offline Redstafarian

• Anny Roader
  • Fish fingers, mash n peas
« Reply #1579 on: May 6, 2012, 03:25:19 am »
He's been in and out of the side intermittently, despite playing well.

I'd agree with that. He doesn't seem to get on very well with Hendo, does he? Andy needs to play angry every week though, if that's what it looks like, so lets hope they don't start getting on.
Liverpool 2 West Ham 1, BBC Radio live coverage of league cup final  ... first and best memory

Offline Franco10

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1580 on: May 6, 2012, 03:29:51 am »
Great second half effort by the boys, not the greatest first half but oh well, back to Anfield on wednesday to show 'em what for!
You really think they would care about the league match ? They are gonna play fringe team for  sure

Offline Franco10

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1581 on: May 6, 2012, 03:32:10 am »

When you see the angle from behind the goal, it does look in. But in fairness, we didn't really play well enough, until from about 60 minutes into the game. The plastics did just enough on the day, having said that I still think Bayern have a great chance on Wednesday night.
Well. it clearly was not in... You sure that the final is on Wednesday? LoL

Offline blah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1582 on: May 6, 2012, 03:33:17 am »
There is a paring knife and a screwdriver that have been stabbed into my living room coffee table because of this game. They're still there. I don't know when I'll remove them.

Cheap IKEA bullshit.

Offline Rafa_La

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1583 on: May 6, 2012, 03:34:18 am »
Jays got plenty of fight, but is thick as fuck in a football sense anyway. Hasn't a clue when to make a challenge, when to drop back or anything. Tries hard but just isn't good enough.

Would you play any better?

Nunca me bajoneé, mi conciencia estaba tranquila porque sabía cómo habían sido las cosas.
"The reason i never felt depressed is because my conscience was clear, I Knew what had really happened."
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
CUP FINAL - Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: Full time
« Reply #1584 on: May 6, 2012, 03:36:19 am »
Would you play any better?
He is telling the truth. He has the heart for Liverpool but it hurts me to say he doesnt have the quality .

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #1585 on: May 6, 2012, 03:44:45 am »
terribly hurt with the result. however i think it is a good thing that we lost. sort of put things into perspective. makes us realise/remember how bad the season has been and how much work needs to be done for next season.

I don't think so.
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline Hyderabad Red

• Is back... and having an identity crisis.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1586 on: May 6, 2012, 03:49:45 am »
Downing and Spearing were shit. In my opinion, Jay isn't even decent as a 2nd choice DM. And, Downing needs to be offloaded, ASAP. Lost count of the passes he misplaced. And go easy on Hendo guys. He's just 21. Remember the incredible tale of Lucas Leiva? ;)

Gutted about the loss. Thought Big Andy almost levelled us

Offline nijartovino

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1587 on: May 6, 2012, 03:51:04 am »
After reading a while I think that you are very melancholy fans. too many black and white old photos of players around. As a Madrid fan I always will think that the best team is the team with more trophies, and therefore I consider Liverpool as the best team in England but...reading you it looks like you talk about a different club. Some forum users get angry when there is some opinion against the manager or the effort of players.  Loyalty is good but without strong  demands to the team you will never win the premier league. It seems incredible that there are people who think the season is good or convinced that the coach needs another season. If Madrid is second at the end, Mourinho or whoever is the coach would be fired immediately. I've never seen any coach who had the change of being eighth in the middle of the season (or in barcelona either). You're in the club of the big teams but the fans are dedicated to tell YES, We trust, whatever happens. the "legends" and great players  never want to leave the clubs either looking for work within the team or doing  too long his football career in the elite. Yes, they are legends but with 32 or 33 years no longer assure us titles. I would keep the memories of the past for a while. You need to start thinking big. Good forum, really active but i miss more comments with critics to old players that shouldn´t be in team anymore or talking clearly that the manager is a rubbish not good enough for a top team . It would really help to create more expectations.

Offline BEAST

• IEBOY - TIME FOR BOCK BOCK!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sturridge dance
« Reply #1588 on: May 6, 2012, 03:54:46 am »

do you know how to use Google? 

Offline nijartovino

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1589 on: May 6, 2012, 03:55:07 am »
Yo solo tengo unos meses aqui, pero depues de leer esto y leer los respuestas de los otros, yo creo que no es muy sabio decir que no eres un fan grande de Liverpool y decir lo que dijiste.

Mira, yo no soy anglosajón, el liverpool me cae bien pero solo tengo un equipo, que es el Real.Veo la liga y de vez en cuando, cuando puedo, los partidos de la premier. Escribo aquí porque me gusta el fútbol y me resulta curioso como los ingleses ven el fútbol. Doy mi opinión sincera. Muchos seguidores aquí estan siendo MUY conformistas. El equipo tendría que luchar por títulos. Nadie dice abiertamente que la temporada fué una mierda.

Offline Mattiavelli

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1590 on: May 6, 2012, 03:55:38 am »
Seriously?

Oh, and first post so hello.

We can analyse the defeat all day; the only thing anyone needs to 'know' is how proud we are of our club, nothing will ever change that. As a team we lost today, but as a club, culture and way of life, we'll walk on victoriously like we did before, simple.

Offline Rafa_La

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1591 on: May 6, 2012, 04:02:16 am »
He is telling the truth. He has the heart for Liverpool but it hurts me to say he doesnt have the quality .

TBF was coming back to delete the post.

But.....

what does a manager do when said manager needs squad players?

Is jay, therefore,part of the whole problem rather than lacking quality?
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline McGarnagle

• OOTer, Day Tripper, Paddy, etc.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • "What the hell are you Mancs up to?"
« Reply #1592 on: May 6, 2012, 04:02:17 am »
Went to the pub at 5 today (yesterday) to watch the match and only back now...

I've rarely been more disapointed with a Liverpool performance (first 60 mins! But that's the story of our season, summed up perfectly in the most important match of it), but i've rarely been prouder to be a Liverpool supporter either!

I remember when United lost to Chelsea in the first FA cup final back at the new Wembley the weekend before we went to Athens and the shithouses displayed 'how quick one can exit the new Wembley'! Gone before the whistle was even blown practically... YNWA with 30 seconds left; that wasn't a rallying call, everyone knew it was over by then; that was "Have ye're fuckking fa cup this time, we're still so much better than you!"... The reason I say "rarely" so proud is Athens was most definitely up there too, standing in the Milan section practically (I was in the group that got the tickets Milan sent back - No segregation!) - They were going balistic as you do, but they were all stunned into silence when every last Liverpool supperter in the ground belted out YNWA as our lads collected their runners up medals! I got that same feeling today - Sad, but definitely not ashamed! Proud

Win, lose or draw we'll always be there! This club is ours - Owners, managers and players will come and go but we'll still be here no matter what happens

I may be drunk right now, but as I hope you can tell from my typing, i'm not in that bad of a way!

To reiterate - Raraley prouder to be a Liverpool supporter!

Your RAWK friend,

McGarnagle

Lookin forward to August already
« Last Edit: May 6, 2012, 04:18:24 am by McGarnagle »
Justice for the 96

RIP

YNWA

Offline Mattiavelli

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1593 on: May 6, 2012, 04:06:11 am »
Went to the pub at 5 today (yesterday) to watch the match and only back now...

I've rarely been more disapointed with a Liverpool performance (first 60 mins! But that's the story of our season, summed up perfectly in the most important match of it), but i've rarely been prouder to be a Liverpool supporter either!

I remember when United lost to Chelsea in the first FA cup final back at the new Wembley the weekend before we went to Athens and the shithouses displayed 'how quick one can exit the new Wembley'! Gone before the whistle was even blown practically... YNWA with 30 seconds left; that wasn't a rallying call, everyone knew it was over by then; that was "Have ye're fuckking fa cup this time, we're still so much better than you!"... The reason I say "rarely" so proud is Athens was most definitely up there too, standing in the Milan section practically (I was in the group that got the tickets Milan sent back - No segregation!) - They were going balistic as you do, but they were all stunned into silence when every last Liverpool supperter in the ground belted out YNWA as our lads collected their runners up medals! I got that same feeling today - Sad, but definitely not ashamed! Proud

Win, lose or draw we'll always be there! This club is ours - Owners, managers and players will come and go but we'll still be here no matter what happens

I may be drunk right now, but as I hope you can tell from my typing, i'm not in that bad of a way!

To reiterate - Raraley prouder to be a Liverpool fan!

Your RAWK friend,

McGarnagle

Lookin forward to August already

Exactly. (I'm also worse for wear)

Offline NatD

• Takes offence at authors and people who eat in restaurants.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1594 on: May 6, 2012, 04:17:06 am »
One problem is that with two games to go i=to the end of the season we still look like a mish-mash of players tactically and struggled to get enough good performances from half of our signings.

This..!  The result hurt yesterday, hurt real bad.  The travelling Kop were awesome as usual, but that's not enough to ease the pain.

Tactically we didn't seem to get a system to work until Carroll came on - and that shouldn't happen with the players that we have so late in the season. 

It's hard not to single players out for blame - Spearing was only playing due to the injury to Lucas, but even saying that I still don't think he's good enough for our starting 11 and yesterday showed that.

Downing put a good shift in the last 25 minutes but still isn't playing nearly anywhere near what we and the price tag expect.

I'm just gutted, really gutted, and quickly falling out of love with the game.  I Fucking Hate Chelsea, and everything their club stands for - seeing Terry, Lampard, and Cole celebrating yesterday made me sick.

:-(
"...waking up at 12 in my clothes again, feel my head explode from a night of Gin..."

Offline Aido LFC

• Thanks Aldo. Messy arse!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #1595 on: May 6, 2012, 04:20:33 am »
I;m a bit pissed but fuck it i love livepool and i love kenny and i'm absolutely devastated after what's happened todayc but i'll stick by him no matter what and i hope he's given the chance to lead us to better things next season. YNWA!
The only thing I can see that I have infringed is animal porn - but that was just for amusement - didn't know it was illegal?

Offline RedLeader

• Main Stander
« Reply #1596 on: May 6, 2012, 04:22:01 am »
As a Madrid fan...

...and this is where i stopped reading.

How a Madrid fan can come to an LFC site and tell us what to expect is hilarious.
Tell ya what, why don't ya ask that King of yours for.. oh say... £300million for LFC for some signings in the summer, eh?

Yeah, NO.

Offline nijartovino

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1597 on: May 6, 2012, 04:33:37 am »
...and this is where i stopped reading.

How a Madrid fan can come to an LFC site and tell us what to expect is hilarious.
Tell ya what, why don't ya ask that King of yours for.. oh say... £300million for LFC for some signings in the summer, eh?

Yeah, NO.

I am giving you my opinion, politely.Of course, think whatever you want. do you prefer me to tell " i still feel more proud...", " doesn´t matter what i am with the team..." . for that you have thousands of messages. I come here because I like football and as i said this looks a nice forum. We don´t spend 300 million every summer. Actually the last year we spent quite less than you. Xabi Alonso, Mascherano, Torres...how much did you spend with them?.I don´t think that you need so much money to make a decent team but someone with idea leaving in 2012 and not in 1980.I am not talking about money but about attitude, if you are a big team like juventus, ajax,bayern, milan, madrid, etc you can´t be so conformist.

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1598 on: May 6, 2012, 04:49:31 am »
At least Downing did something, showed a bit of bottle to win the tackle which set up Carroll's goal. We definitely should have played a pressing game and use the pace of our front men to our advantage rather than sit back especially when it was apparent we had very little chance on the counter attack. That's how we beat them last time with Adam pressing Mikel into a mistake so Bellamy set up Maxi.

Offline Diomedieocre

• Well-dressed meat 'n veg.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow me, fuckface.
« Reply #1599 on: May 6, 2012, 04:49:38 am »
I am giving you my opinion, politely.Of course, think whatever you want. do you prefer me to tell " i still feel more proud...", " doesn´t matter what i am with the team..." . for that you have thousands of messages. I come here because I like football and as i said this looks a nice forum. We don´t spend 300 million every summer. Actually the last year we spent quite less than you. Xabi Alonso, Mascherano, Torres...how much did you spend with them?.I don´t think that you need so much money to make a decent team but someone with idea leaving in 2012 and not in 1980.I am not talking about money but about attitude, if you are a big team like juventus, ajax,bayern, milan, madrid, etc you can´t be so conformist.

Im sorry but i like my football with a bit of soul.