Author Topic: CUP FINAL - Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: Full time  (Read 114003 times)

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
Re: CUP FINAL - Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: Full time
« Reply #1520 on: May 6, 2012, 01:42:55 am »
Like a Spanish Gary Neville

HA! That's brilliant
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1521 on: May 6, 2012, 01:43:34 am »
who is el manco?

Just how Spanish are you?

Anyway, after 17 hours of drinking i have concluded that we're still the best. Carry on.

Offline nijartovino

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1522 on: May 6, 2012, 01:43:54 am »
I am a bit lost with the conversation :), did you think that i was that guy? did i write like him?

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1523 on: May 6, 2012, 01:44:47 am »
I am a bit lost with the conversation :), did you think that i was that guy? did i write like him?
Write us in Spanish. Terry's fluid in it
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #1524 on: May 6, 2012, 01:45:15 am »
It is the Football Manager playing trope, I find it a throwaway comment, that does not add anything to any debate frankly. If we stayed true to the old ways, Hodgson would not have been sacked (he may of course never have been appointed in the first place).
You and I and everyone under the sun knows that Hodgson should never been appointed in the first place. But that's by the by. As far as our future is concerned I hope that the fans (the Twelfth Man, if you like) and owners give Kenny a bit of time and back him.
The season, league wise has been a disappointment but I'm not ready to throw the towel in just yet..

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #1525 on: May 6, 2012, 01:45:24 am »
That big Geordie looked pretty good. He changed the game like Barca couldn't.

He was fucking boss when he came on. Long may it continue from the big massive bastard.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1526 on: May 6, 2012, 01:45:57 am »
Disagree...

Hodgson was an embarrassment as a manager of a Great Footballing Club.
How Hodgson & Dalglish can be viewed in the same light is incredible, really.

My point was about fans opinions on the manager.

Anyway I think this season has been a huge disappointment. Playing an entire season without a penalty box striker might be bravado on an epic scale but ultimately it has come and fucked as up for a good few seasons. This is what we should be talking about not fans playing Football Manager.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1527 on: May 6, 2012, 01:46:28 am »
Write us in Spanish. Terry's fluid in it
Hahahahaha   ;D

Offline nijartovino

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1528 on: May 6, 2012, 01:46:52 am »
Hola, me llamo Antonio, soy español, vivo en la Coruña, en el norte de españa, mi equipo es el deportivo pero tambien me gusta un poquito el Madrid, sobretodo por mi padre y el resto de mi familia. Como he dicho antes me gusta el Liverpool aunque tampoco soy ningún loco del equipo. Si tengo oportunidad veo algún partido. Espero que esta prueba de identidad sea mas que suficiente.

Offline dernaroy

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1529 on: May 6, 2012, 01:47:23 am »
If anything the position of the crossbar is slightly away from the pitch and goal-line, therefore if the ball is over the crossbar then it is definitely over the line.  However it doesn't really matter as we didn't play well enough to win.

This ITV's computerised view of it. As you can see the goaline is essentially broader than the crossbar. So the ball has gone under the whole crossbar but all of the ball has not crossed the whole of the goalline, according to this. Have no idea how this computerised image is formed or how accurate it is.

It seems to me that most people saw the initial image and cried unfair decision and maybe didn't pay any attention to this image shown directly after it. Had a huge row with my brother over this, he had been watching in the pub and clearly, to me, had not seen this view as he was adamant they showed it crossing the line.
i admireyour optimism but if you honestly believe we will finish even in the top 6 this year , then you my friend (im at pains to say this ) are deluded.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1530 on: May 6, 2012, 01:47:23 am »
You and I and everyone under the sun knows that Hodgson should never been appointed in the first place. But that's by the by. As far as our future is concerned I hope that the fans (the Twelfth Man, if you like) and owners give Kenny a bit of time and back him.
The season, league wise has been a disappointment but I'm not ready to throw the towel in just yet..
Fair enough, and I'm still happy to go with that, as long as mistakes of the last two transfer windows are not repeated.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1531 on: May 6, 2012, 01:48:46 am »
Hahahahaha   ;D
Don't be laughing. I've heard you speaking in proper classic San Miguel

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #1532 on: May 6, 2012, 01:48:51 am »
not winning games is a tough habit to break, and this season we have become experts at it.
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1533 on: May 6, 2012, 01:49:25 am »
Hola, me llamo Antonio, soy español, vivo en la Coruña, en el norte de españa, mi equipo es el deportivo pero tambien me gusta un poquito el Madrid, sobretodo por mi padre y el resto de mi familia. Como he dicho antes me gusta el Liverpool aunque tampoco soy ningún loco del equipo. Si tengo oportunidad veo algún partido. Espero que esta prueba de identidad sea mas que suficiente.
Que?

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #1534 on: May 6, 2012, 01:50:49 am »
No. Not having a go, but catch on.... Hodgson should have never been here. Fan's ridiculous demands and expectations helped get the man the job. For that, we are still suffering and Hodgson's retirment fund went up by some part of 50 million that was wasted on him and a few drawings of some space ship that was going to land in L4.

Honestly, not having a dig. Just catch on... we support. That's it. We don't dictate club policy or pick and choose managers... end of.

Thing is mate there is some of us (well me anyway) who loved Rafa and still deep down do, were devestated when he was given the boot but dont neccessarily have the belief that Kenny willl turn things around either. I want to believe, I really do but this season has given me nothing to think it will happen but a lot to think it wont. Im not silly enough  to think were top 4 team, this was a transitional season and that of course involves some poor results and some steps backwards but this season has been something a whole lot worse.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1535 on: May 6, 2012, 01:50:54 am »

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1536 on: May 6, 2012, 01:55:56 am »
Beat me to it, you bastard...
I didn't have the Miguel fella slowing me down

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1537 on: May 6, 2012, 01:58:28 am »
Thing is mate there is some of us (well me anyway) who loved Rafa and still deep down do, were devestated when he was given the boot but dont neccessarily have the belief that Kenny willl turn things around either. I want to believe, I really do but this season has given me nothing to think it will happen but a lot to think it wont. Im not silly enough  to think were top 4 team, this was a transitional season and that of course involves some poor results and some steps backwards but this season has been something a whole lot worse.
So, we sack Kenny and what?
Or we give him some time, and see it through to the conclusion?

Offline nijartovino

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1538 on: May 6, 2012, 01:58:33 am »
Que?

Well...if i understood this "el manco" was saying that he was spanish but he was english? :D

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #1539 on: May 6, 2012, 01:59:35 am »
Ok, so season over. None of us are happy with the league position this season are we? We've got a cup and came mighty close to another one which we may of had if we'd played for 90mins and not 30! Anyway i've critisised Kenny and some of the lads this season and rightly so imo, they have not been good enough and Kenny has admitted that himself, but we have been playing some sound footy. We can consider ourselves unlucky in most of the games we haven't won were if the finishing would have been better(by an inch or 2 in some games) we'd have won instead of drawn and drawn instead of lost. Anyway,i'm drunk so lets see were we are come August.

Goodnight RAWK.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline nijartovino

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1540 on: May 6, 2012, 02:02:20 am »

In my opinion in a top team there is no time to see the conclusion :), one season and half should be more than enough to see the growing of the team. what kind of football style has the team? can someone describe it? how do you think that he managed the transfers? do you think that he is the man to bring success? I see that you are very very loyal with your managers, and very pacient..i can imagine any big club in spain thinking about keep the manager after a season like that.

Offline Carra23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1541 on: May 6, 2012, 02:04:28 am »

Mi aerodeslizador está lleno de anguilas
Sent from my laptop using my fingers to type

Offline RedLeader

• Main Stander
« Reply #1542 on: May 6, 2012, 02:05:44 am »
Ok, so season over. None of us are happy with the league position this season are we? We've got a cup and came mighty close to another one which we may of had if we'd played for 90mins and not 30! Anyway i've critisised Kenny and some of the lads this season and rightly so imo, they have not been good enough and Kenny has admitted that himself, but we have been playing some sound footy. We can consider ourselves unlucky in most of the games we haven't won were if the finishing would have been better(by an inch or 2 in some games) we'd have won instead of drawn and drawn instead of lost. Anyway,i'm drunk so lets see were we are come August.

Goodnight RAWK.

I wish more people would post while drunk!!

Good post

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #1543 on: May 6, 2012, 02:07:22 am »

Goodnight RAWK.

No, nobody is happy at 8th, many arent happy with 2nd, me included, but it all depended on the expectations you had at the start of the season I suppose.
We have a trophy, weve had ups and downs. We'll carry on regardless. We'll make mistakes and get them right.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline RedLeader

• Main Stander
« Reply #1544 on: May 6, 2012, 02:07:29 am »
In my opinion in a top team there is no time to see the conclusion :), one season and half should be more than enough to see the growing of the team. what kind of football style has the team? can someone describe it? how do you think that he managed the transfers? do you think that he is the man to bring success? I see that you are very very loyal with your managers, and very pacient..i can imagine any big club in spain thinking about keep the manager after a season like that.

Qué edad tienes?

Offline nijartovino

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1545 on: May 6, 2012, 02:08:19 am »

Offline RedLeader

• Main Stander
« Reply #1546 on: May 6, 2012, 02:08:27 am »
Mi aerodeslizador está lleno de anguilas

:)

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #1547 on: May 6, 2012, 02:08:47 am »

Well obviously if Kenny was sacked we would need a new manager, and yes we would have to start again and I know exactly the point your making, we start the same loop again with no gurantee of success.

When do you decide that the conclusion has been reached?
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline RedLeader

• Main Stander
« Reply #1548 on: May 6, 2012, 02:09:45 am »

Cuántos juegos LFC se ve cada temporada?

Offline Redallover11

• Just behind Red Al Lover Number Ten in the Red Al Lover Queue
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1549 on: May 6, 2012, 02:16:40 am »
Good fight back from a dismal first 60 mins. Defense let us down. Petr Cech came up big. No good really seeing Gerrard coming so deep to pickup the ball leaving Suarez so isolated. Andy a huge game changer but wasn't to be. But he should be very proud of the way he played.

Still some players were a big let down this season but it's only the first season under kenny and we've been to Wembley twice and come home with the cup once. Interesting summer ahead

Offline nijartovino

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1550 on: May 6, 2012, 02:17:52 am »
Cuántos juegos LFC se ve cada temporada?

Pues...suelo ver los partidos importantes..y alguno otro esporádicamente . Diría que unos 10 o 12 por temporada. La verdad es que al no haber españoles es un poco mas aburrido para mi. Este año he visto algunos menos

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
Re: Full time - Chelsea 2 - 1 Liverpool
« Reply #1551 on: May 6, 2012, 02:21:27 am »

we cant even pass a decent ball forwards without gerrard coming back and taking charge. We all know of spearing's limits.. but hendo.. for 16 million quid.. i expected at least some penetration from time to time.

This.

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1552 on: May 6, 2012, 02:24:11 am »
Well obviously if Kenny was sacked we would need a new manager, and yes we would have to start again and I know exactly the point your making, we start the same loop again with no gurantee of success.

Hows about the 5 years accorded to GH and Rafa?

Offline RedLeader

• Main Stander
« Reply #1553 on: May 6, 2012, 02:25:48 am »
Pues...suelo ver los partidos importantes..y alguno otro esporádicamente . Diría que unos 10 o 12 por temporada. La verdad es que al no haber españoles es un poco mas aburrido para mi. Este año he visto algunos menos

La razón por la que preguntó fue porque se le preguntó cómo estábamos jugando, me pareció extraño que un seguidor del Liverpool para preguntar.

Offline SportBilly

• Of course America had been discovered by scousers before Columbus, but we always kept it hushed up.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I intend to live forever. Or die trying.
« Reply #1554 on: May 6, 2012, 02:26:04 am »

Ahh, you mean 'mantequilla'. Aburrido is, erm, eeyorr, eeyorr

;)
When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.   (John Ruskin - English critic, essayist, & reformer (1819 - 1900) )

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1555 on: May 6, 2012, 02:27:17 am »

How long did it take Shanks?
How long did it take Ferguson?
Dominant football clubs aren't built in 18 months.
We gave Kenny a contract. We let him see it out. We review it then. If we don't give him time, what chance some stranger? You want to keep gambling on a new manager every 18 months in the hope one of them get's it right in the first 12?

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #1556 on: May 6, 2012, 02:28:18 am »
We'll make mistakes and get them right.

That's the key isn't it. We've not done a great job of getting them right for some time now.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #1557 on: May 6, 2012, 02:28:28 am »
I don't want to read most of the posts.

We deserved more than anything to go to extra time and Im gutted we didn't.

You'll never walk alone, well not on my watch
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1558 on: May 6, 2012, 02:28:56 am »
This.
Why have you got a picture of 2 baldy men wearing one hat?

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #1559 on: May 6, 2012, 02:30:14 am »
Reina should have saved the Ramires shot and I don't hate him for it, I'm sure he knows it as well. We've lost in FA Cup finals before like Cantona 96, lets please stick together, please. LIVERPOOL ALWAYS
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.