Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3459891 times)

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
Its not that complicated either is it as why would you cram the family into a car, head off to a packed beach and think that is the smartest thing to do. I know we all need to blow off a bit of steam but any sane person surely would have said kids lets avoid the beaches right now as the idiots will be out in force, the ones who probably were not social distancing anyway, the same ones who were having the parties at their flats / houses will be all over that beach. That sight is common worldwide as the beaches in Dublin, FL, etc were packed too . Its a bit like heading to the opening night of the new pub/restaurant where there will be a line out the door and anything that will go wrong will occur the first night.  Give it a miss for a week or two and venture when its safer & quieter.
The same idiots in normal times go to the beach let their kids have huge inflatable toys and then let them take them into the sea.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
So he drove 30 miles to Barnard's Castle as a test drive to see if his eyesight was ok, in order to be able to drive to London ! Wonder how many miles he went before realising his eyesight was ok then ?!!  ;D

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So teachers now have to do twice the work they've been continuing to do throughout all this? I'm sure they'll be thrilled.

Teachers I know have been working 1 day a week.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

You mean they've been going into school 1 day a week right? Because every teacher I know, and I know a lot, have been doing their 1 day a week in school to help with key worker children whilst preparing lessons for all the other children in their class to follow throughout the week. They've been working harder and longer to actually prepare those lessons as well.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA

Unless you mean going into school then I’m calling bullshit on this.

My missus is a teacher and she’s worked harder during this lockdown than ever. Lessons she’s had which would previously be planned for now (which she’s done in previous years) are useless as she’s had to convert them to online learning. She’s had days where’s she’s had to go in and also teach online. Marking online takes considerably longer.

I doubt there is any teacher only working 1 day a week. And if they have they are the odd one out who is probably pretty awful normally.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
I can’t imagine you know many then...

I’m doing about 50 hours a week. 

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Pier Head was a fucking disgrace today.

Packed. As busy as a normal bank holiday Monday. Massive groups sat side by side drinking with absolutely no social distancing. Extended families all together side by side. Genuinely fucking horrific to see.

If the nice weather keeps up then I expect numbers to rise pretty fucking quickly going by what I’ve seen today.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
There has definitely been a spike though as even with a small size it hasn’t had to close like it has today. Their medical director even confirmed they have a high number of Corona cases.

What are the numbers of new cases reported today?  Missed today’s figures with the shenanigans re Cummings.

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
What are the numbers of new cases reported today?  Missed today’s figures with the shenanigans re Cummings.
1,625 cases and 121 deaths according to this:

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You mean they've been going into school 1 day a week right? Because every teacher I know, and I know a lot, have been doing their 1 day a week in school to help with key worker children whilst preparing lessons for all the other children in their class to follow throughout the week. They've been working harder and longer to actually prepare those lessons as well.

The lad over the road from me who's a teacher has been doing his driveway for weeks, unless he's catching up with pupils over night, I'm not sure how he manages both.

I've still not heard from my son's teach even once during this lockdown. I can only speak of my experiences.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The lad over the road from me who's a teacher has been doing his driveway for weeks, unless he's catching up with pupils over night, I'm not sure how he manages both.

I've still not heard from my son's teach even once during this lockdown. I can only speak of my experiences.

Your experience is fucking shite and means fuck all.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA

So your experiences are watching your neighbour over the road (and not knowing what he does with his time in the house) and the fact you've not personally heard from your son's teacher.

Right.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So your experiences are watching your neighbour over the road (and not knowing what he does with his time in the house) and the fact you've not personally heard from your son's teacher.

Right.

Of two of them Craig, yes. My Dads partner works in a school so I listen to what he tells me, as well a close friend who has had problems with the school his children attend. This isn't me claiming all teachers across the country are the same, I'm sure some go above and beyond.

Edit. It really isn't much to ask that a teacher contacts my son, even if by email. Admittedly,, she did say that she would phone but didn't.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 07:10:20 pm by RK7 »

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
Shops open from June 15th :lmao

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
Here we go...  ignore the news

See this shiney thing for a headline
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan

The reporting system was down yesterday except for 2 hours.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
If markets are going to open outdoors from 1st June we must surely be allowed to sit in a garden with our family/friends.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Of two of them Craig, yes. My Dads partner works in a school so I listen to what he tells me, as well a close friend who has had problems with the school his children attend. This isn't me claiming all teachers across the country are the same, I'm sure some go above and beyond.

See, this is the issue. You're getting second/third hand info (and sometimes just making assumptions from someone doing their drive) and assuming that's the norm, and any others actually doing what is being expected of them is 'above and beyond'.

My gf knows and has spoken to her teacher friends in maybe 15 different schools, and I've probably another 5 on top of this, and directly from those (and indirectly from the 100's of other teachers within those schools) they are working at least the same as a normal week, often a lot more.

The work load imposed on them to provide the evidence needed for results for years 11 and 13 has been huge. The creation of new lessons which can be done online has been huge. The implementation of those lessons has been huge. The marking they've had to do is now considerably more complicated.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
See, this is the issue. You're getting second/third hand info (and sometimes just making assumptions from someone doing their drive) and assuming that's the norm, and any others actually doing what is being expected of them is 'above and beyond'.

My gf knows and has spoken to her teacher friends in maybe 15 different schools, and I've probably another 5 on top of this, and directly from those (and indirectly from the 100's of other teachers within those schools) they are working at least the same as a normal week, often a lot more.

The work load imposed on them to provide the evidence needed for results for years 11 and 13 has been huge. The creation of new lessons which can be done online has been huge. The implementation of those lessons has been huge. The marking they've had to do is now considerably more complicated.

Yep. My school had an exam week last week so I've spent this week marking 120 online exams, putting that data into spreadsheets and now writing up 120 reports to go home to parents.

But yeah most teachers only work 1 day a week apparently.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

That is really encouraging to hear. Hopefully my Son's teacher finds the time to give him some form of encouragement, it would be very helpful.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
That is really encouraging to hear. Hopefully my Son's teacher finds the time to give him some form of encouragement, it would be very helpful.

Is he being set work?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan

Thank fuck for that.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
So now the public health message from Johnson is..............wash your hands ! FFS

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
Thank fuck for that.

I don't care about shops, I just want a haircut. I'll go dressed in any clobber necessary to get it cut.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
The shops were never going to remain shut forever and they are only allowed to open if they have safety precautions set up.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Is he being set work?

The school send a worksheet once a week on a Monday, they forgot to send it on one occasion.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Thx.  Usual caveat of weekend (bank hol) too. 

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
So now the public health message from Johnson is..............wash your hands ! FFS

He’s just saying what he’s done with the Cummings story. He’s saying it’s done.
Internet terrorist

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

The messenger is shite (even by his standards by all accounts), but don't underestimate the importance of the message!

https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/why-handwashing.html

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
Cummings should be sacked immediately, as should the media who are all crowding around his house ignoring the rules.

Also this man needs to get off his high horse.

https://youtu.be/43pDJY0LrU0

Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
No singing of "happy birthday"? Does this mean the British public sang and clapped the virus into submission and it's now on the run? Groundbreaking stuff from the clown.

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Why don't you phone your sons teacher?

My uncle is a senior teacher and has been teaching for 37 years. He's not technologically savvy and would have struggled with the simplest of tasks on a pc. He went through a crash course, which was pretty useless to someone with his limited skills, but he had no choice other than to learn at home so he could work from home online.

He also gave his home telephone number to each of the pupils parents and they're free to contact him whenever they want.

He's always had a good relationship with the pupils but he's focusing on being supportive now so the kids don't feel harassed or potentially stressed out even more.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Why don't you phone your sons teacher?

My uncle is a senior teacher and has been teaching for 37 years. He's not technologically savvy and would have struggled with the simplest of tasks on a pc. He went through a crash course, which was pretty useless to someone with his limited skills, but he had no choice other than to learn at home so he could work from home online.

He also gave his home telephone number to each of the pupils parents and they're free to contact him whenever they want.

He's always had a good relationship with the pupils but he's focusing on being supportive now so the kids don't feel harassed or potentially stressed out even more.

Thanks for responding. We did and she was going to call us, on a day with a certain time but never did.

He's in year 6, my daughter who is in year 12 has had amazing support.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
The school send a worksheet once a week on a Monday, they forgot to send it on one occasion.

If that’s true, what have you done about it other than moan on a football forum?

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
a couple of things.

Have you contacted the school to ask why?

Has his teacher been ill, do they have small kids to care for?

Perhaps the first things to consider.
W

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If that’s true, what have you done about it other than moan on a football forum?

Sorry, I responded to the wrong post before.

They sent it Monday Afternoon.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
a couple of things.

Have you contacted the school to ask why?

Has his teacher been ill, do they have small kids to care for?

Perhaps the first things to consider.

They have 4 teachers for his age group, they take it in turns to send it out.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
Sorry, I responded to the wrong post before.

They sent it Monday Afternoon.

So you’ve happily been plodding along letting them do one worksheet a week without questioning it?
If your year 6 kid said they did one worksheet a week in school then no doubt you’d be straight in touch with the school or teacher. Why not now?

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Couple of questions I have about today's news about shops. No issue if the guidance is there ahead of time and people stick to social distancing etc. and staff are as safe as can be possible in circumstances. But, that weekly number of new cases isn't shifting down and there's been very little about how it gets reduced further yet and how staying on top of the number of cases is going to happen. It's not a little thing if it's tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of people each day who'll need to duck out of society for a fortnight at a drop of a hat.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So you’ve happily been plodding along letting them do one worksheet a week without questioning it?
If your year 6 kid said they did one worksheet a week in school then no doubt you’d be straight in touch with the school or teacher. Why not now?

I'm not a teacher and I don't know how much work they should be doing. I have not complained about it only being one worksheet.

To be clear, the worksheet covers a number of subjects, not just one and is the teachers plan for the week.