Author Topic: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 1748989 times)

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: THE NON-LIVERPOOL SUMMER 2020 TRANSFER THREAD (sponsored by Jadon Sancho)
« Reply #400 on: August 20, 2020, 09:58:29 am »
Greedy bastard. Upping his wage demands after his CL performances.

Haha good catch!

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #401 on: August 20, 2020, 10:01:27 am »
That wasn't my read on his quotes, although he was definitely putting them in the shop window. As far as I can see, he said there'd be departures and that's inevitable when you have the likes of Dembele and Aouar performing as they have in the CL.

Also read that Aouar would have taken 40m euros for Aouar but are looking for 60m after his performances! So if you're an interested team, you've been a bit daft not pushing it through before now. Juve have been credited with loads of interest in the past, along with us and City, but apparently the only bid they've had so far is Arsenal.

We had the chance to sign Aouar when he was 16 but he was advised to stay at Lyon at the time.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #402 on: August 20, 2020, 11:32:48 am »
Gabriel Magalhães to Arsenal.  Honestly can't ever remember seeing him play but everyone seems to be raving about him plus he does have the size they are sorely missing.  If they can get Partey that's a pretty decent window for them.  They will rely heavily on Auba again but at least they are trying to sort some issues out. 

Just looked and Luiz is only 1cm shorter than Gabriel.  I never would have guessed that. 

Looks like Arsenal will have Luiz, Gabriel, Saliba as 3 of their centre backs next season. 2 pretty promising but inexperienced centre backs there.

Interesting to see who stays out of Pablo Mari, Chambers, Holding, Mustafi and Sokratis to provide competition. Can't see them keeping all 5 though not sure what type of fee they'd get for any. Suspect Holding might be the easiest to shift but might, alongside Mari, be one of the centre backs they want to keep.

Interesting to see who leaves Arsenal in general. I suspect they'd love to shift Chambers, Sokratis, Mustafi, Elneny, Guendouzi, Ozil  if possible. Maybe even Lacazette. Guendouzi is an interesting one since he's a very talented player that it looks like Arsenal have tried to use in swap deals for other players.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: August 20, 2020, 11:43:00 am »
Looks like Arsenal will have Luiz, Gabriel, Saliba as 3 of their centre backs next season. 2 pretty promising but inexperienced centre backs there.

Interesting to see who stays out of Pablo Mari, Chambers, Holding, Mustafi and Sokratis to provide competition. Can't see them keeping all 5 though not sure what type of fee they'd get for any. Suspect Holding might be the easiest to shift but might, alongside Mari, be one of the centre backs they want to keep.

Interesting to see who leaves Arsenal in general. I suspect they'd love to shift Chambers, Sokratis, Mustafi, Elneny, Guendouzi, Ozil  if possible. Maybe even Lacazette. Guendouzi is an interesting one since he's a very talented player that it looks like Arsenal have tried to use in swap deals for other players.

Mari's loan was made permanent at the end of June so he's definitely staying. Reports are they'll try and flog Chambers, Mustafi and Sokratis.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: August 20, 2020, 11:44:43 am »

Ozil at Arsenal makes me happy, like Sanchez at Man Utd, Bale at Madrid, the whole Barca squad, etc.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #405 on: August 20, 2020, 11:46:16 am »
Mari's loan was made permanent at the end of June so he's definitely staying. Reports are they'll try and flog Chambers, Mustafi and Sokratis.
Fairly well reported that Sokratis won't play again under Arteta. The reasons, I'm not sure.

Gabriel will be an excellent signing for them. Heard £22m initially but more reputable sources now saying £27m with add-ons taking it to £32m, which sounds about right.

They're getting linked to Zaha again but surely that ship has sailed for the player? Coming off a bad season where he was massively over-valued and priced out of the market by a team largely dependent on him for attacking output, who don't need to sell. A year older and still never having developed into what he looked he could become and is now too old to ever make that leap in progression. 
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: August 20, 2020, 11:49:57 am »
Gabriel will be an excellent signing for them.

I know Everton were linked with him but I think Gabriel's always wanted to play for Arsenal as he's supported them since he was a kid. I guess dreams can come true.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #407 on: August 20, 2020, 12:46:59 pm »
Talksport (Alex Crook) says Man Utd are after David Brooks from Bournemouth having given up on Sancho.

40 million squid

Hope they sign him. For any true footy fan a Bruno / Brooks midfield would be music to your ears.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: August 20, 2020, 12:50:40 pm »

Sportsmole (ha!) says Fulham want Chambers back which to be fair sounds actually reasonable,and yeah you'd think Holding would be wanted by someone too.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: August 20, 2020, 01:23:36 pm »
Sportsmole (ha!) says Fulham want Chambers back which to be fair sounds actually reasonable,and yeah you'd think Holding would be wanted by someone too.

Whoever signs Rob Holding should look to persuade this right back to return from retirement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florian_Dick
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #410 on: August 20, 2020, 01:41:53 pm »
Juninho Lyon's sporting director confirmed after the game that Dembele and Aouar will be leaving the club.

Not sure they will be getting the bumper fees they'd have expected pre-COVID. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them ends up at an unexpected side

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #411 on: August 20, 2020, 01:44:10 pm »
Not sure they will be getting the bumper fees they'd have expected pre-COVID. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them ends up at an unexpected side

Arsenal have showed interest in Aouar, as have Chelsea but they seem to be linked with every attacking player on the planet.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #412 on: August 20, 2020, 02:03:51 pm »
European market starting to move slightly. Nuri Sahin has joined Antalyaspor on a free. Former RAWK transfer forum favourite Ricardo Rodriguez has joined Torino. Man City have extended Scott Carson's loan spell at Man City

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: August 20, 2020, 02:13:45 pm »
Arsenal have showed interest in Aouar, as have Chelsea but they seem to be linked with every attacking player on the planet.
Probably going to City.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #414 on: August 20, 2020, 02:15:13 pm »
Probably going to City.

I'm surprised they haven't gone for Havertz with a view to a post-Guardiola set-up

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: August 20, 2020, 02:25:55 pm »
Southampton want Jack Butland, according to Paul Joyce. Angus Gunn might go in the other direction.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: August 20, 2020, 02:30:21 pm »
Ricardo Rodriguez has really gone down like the Titanic. He's only 27 and his career has gone to pieces since leaving Wolfsburg. He was supposed to be a top fullback.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #417 on: August 20, 2020, 02:32:48 pm »
Southampton want Jack Butland, according to Paul Joyce. Angus Gunn might go in the other direction.

What a poor transfer Gunn has been for them considering he cost them around £13m

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: August 20, 2020, 02:37:13 pm »

Fucking hell Jack Butland. I remember some (admittedly dimwitted) pundits were suggesting him for us the season we got Alisson.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #419 on: August 20, 2020, 02:39:22 pm »
I know Everton were linked with him but I think Gabriel's always wanted to play for Arsenal as he's supported them since he was a kid. I guess dreams can come true.

He thinks that under Arteta they’re now ready to rise again.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: August 20, 2020, 02:50:29 pm »
He thinks that under Arteta they’re now ready to rise again.

:D
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #421 on: August 20, 2020, 02:57:42 pm »
Ricardo Rodriguez has really gone down like the Titanic. He's only 27 and his career has gone to pieces since leaving Wolfsburg. He was supposed to be a top fullback.

Lots of people on here thought really high of him. About the same time that Granit Xhaka was being touted as a midfield supremo in the making by some.

To be fair, both players were highly rated young Bundesliga players around 2015-17.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #422 on: August 20, 2020, 03:02:41 pm »
Young English goalkeepers are like bitcoin aren’t they? We should be signing loads of young ones so we can cash in in a few years.

£18.5 million for Ramsdale and now talking £10 million STILL for Butland
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #423 on: August 20, 2020, 03:03:57 pm »
Just imagine what Ben Foster would cost.
AHA!

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #424 on: August 20, 2020, 03:04:59 pm »
Just imagine what Ben Foster would cost.

Think it would just go to a tribunal given his age?

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: August 20, 2020, 03:10:39 pm »

You're defo on the right lines. Saliba, Gabriel, Mari & Luiz are the 4 main Centre Backs that you imagine will defo stay. In an idea l world, Arsenal would probably look to shift nearly all the others, but that might be difficult for a variety of reasons.

Sokratis looks the most likely to be off, as Areta doesn't trust him enough to play out from the back. Italian teams have been credited with an interest, Napoli & Roma names mentioned. Mustafi played a bit better under Arteta but they would probably have encouraged him to leave, but he is carrying an injury just now so doubt that will happen.

Chambers & Holding i'm not so sure, As has been mentioned Chambers has attracted interest from Fulham which makes sense seeing he done well for them on loan, but is recovering from an ACL injury so that complicates things. Holding might hold some interest, but nothing serious as of yet.

As for other outgoings, yeah your looking at Elneny, Mkhitaryan & Guendouzi for sure. They'd love to get rid of Ozil but he'll see out his last year. Other potential outs could be Balogun, Kolasniac, Torriera, Maitland Niles, & even Lacazette. I think it all depends on how other sales go.

They'll want to now try & raise money to sign Thomas Partey, so it might take selling 1 of the latter 3 names mentioned above that Arteta might not want to leave but might have to accept to get him. We'll try & get Ceballos on another loan. I think that would be us finished then, bar perhaps an opportunistic deal for someone like Coutinho. I've seen us linked to Auoar, & would love him here, but I just don't think we have the money unless we somehow sell really well, & we rarely do.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: August 20, 2020, 03:27:35 pm »
You're defo on the right lines. Saliba, Gabriel, Mari & Luiz are the 4 main Centre Backs that you imagine will defo stay. In an idea l world, Arsenal would probably look to shift nearly all the others, but that might be difficult for a variety of reasons.

Sokratis looks the most likely to be off, as Areta doesn't trust him enough to play out from the back. Italian teams have been credited with an interest, Napoli & Roma names mentioned. Mustafi played a bit better under Arteta but they would probably have encouraged him to leave, but he is carrying an injury just now so doubt that will happen.

Chambers & Holding i'm not so sure, As has been mentioned Chambers has attracted interest from Fulham which makes sense seeing he done well for them on loan, but is recovering from an ACL injury so that complicates things. Holding might hold some interest, but nothing serious as of yet.

As for other outgoings, yeah your looking at Elneny, Mkhitaryan & Guendouzi for sure. They'd love to get rid of Ozil but he'll see out his last year. Other potential outs could be Balogun, Kolasniac, Torriera, Maitland Niles, & even Lacazette. I think it all depends on how other sales go.

They'll want to now try & raise money to sign Thomas Partey, so it might take selling 1 of the latter 3 names mentioned above that Arteta might not want to leave but might have to accept to get him. We'll try & get Ceballos on another loan. I think that would be us finished then, bar perhaps an opportunistic deal for someone like Coutinho. I've seen us linked to Auoar, & would love him here, but I just don't think we have the money unless we somehow sell really well, & we rarely do.
Balogun is an interesting one to watch, I'd like to see where he ends up. I don't think it's merely a money issue with Aouar, but pulling power. No Champions League to entice him and probably better sides with more immediate chances of winning titles will be interested.

Torreira should go back to Italy for the sake of his career, or would be a good pick up for a top Spanish side in need of a destroyer. He looked great at Samp.

Maitland Niles I would take here as a project signing.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: August 20, 2020, 03:43:13 pm »
Fulham have signed Antonee Robinson from Wigan. Really intrigued to see how he gets on, was supposed to join AC Milan in January. Came up through Everton youth set-up, also the US National Team's starting LB.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #428 on: August 20, 2020, 04:19:44 pm »
Fulham have signed Antonee Robinson from Wigan. Really intrigued to see how he gets on, was supposed to join AC Milan in January. Came up through Everton youth set-up, also the US National Team's starting LB.

Some Everton fans hoping to raise a few bob with a possible sell on clause.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: August 20, 2020, 04:22:17 pm »
Some Everton fans hoping to raise a few bob with a possible sell on clause.

Won't be much, he only cost £2m or so apparently  ;D

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: August 20, 2020, 04:22:45 pm »
He had a bad injury a few years back and was never the same player.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: August 20, 2020, 04:59:33 pm »
Balogun is an interesting one to watch, I'd like to see where he ends up. I don't think it's merely a money issue with Aouar, but pulling power. No Champions League to entice him and probably better sides with more immediate chances of winning titles will be interested.

Torreira should go back to Italy for the sake of his career, or would be a good pick up for a top Spanish side in need of a destroyer. He looked great at Samp.

Maitland Niles I would take here as a project signing.

I think the issue with Auoar is who are the teams that can afford him? I read somewhere that Lyon were looking at having to accept about €40M, but are hoping that his form in the CL can get them closer to €60M now.

Man City & Juve are most strongly linked. City makes sense as a Silva replacement & they have the resources, but Pep & the City media guys have all said they won't be signing a midfielder this summer, plus if they do does it limit Foden's playing time?

Do Juve have that cash this summer, the last I read they were having to sell before they buy before making that kind of investment, & it won't be easy to offload the likes of Ramsey, Khedira & Rabiot to make way.

Obviously we are in the same boat, but if sales did go our way it might be like another Havertz to Chelsea scenario, where its taking advantage of a moment in time where there are no real alternatives for Auoar to move to.

I still think its a massive long shot though, & we will more likely go with what we have or a late loan deal for Coutinho.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #432 on: August 20, 2020, 06:36:18 pm »
They’re giving him a new deal, seemingly, over £100k a week for a backup ‘keeper :lmao

Baffling.

No

De Gea's shit
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #433 on: August 20, 2020, 06:47:04 pm »
He’ll still be their first choice as long as Solskjaer’s there.
AHA!

Offline Americano12345

• Main Stander
« Reply #434 on: August 20, 2020, 08:40:07 pm »
Apparently he's on 50k p/w. which makes him already one of the highest earners at the club

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #435 on: August 21, 2020, 01:33:58 am »
I think the issue with Auoar is who are the teams that can afford him? I read somewhere that Lyon were looking at having to accept about €40M, but are hoping that his form in the CL can get them closer to €60M now.

Man City & Juve are most strongly linked. City makes sense as a Silva replacement & they have the resources, but Pep & the City media guys have all said they won't be signing a midfielder this summer, plus if they do does it limit Foden's playing time?

Do Juve have that cash this summer, the last I read they were having to sell before they buy before making that kind of investment, & it won't be easy to offload the likes of Ramsey, Khedira & Rabiot to make way.

Obviously we are in the same boat, but if sales did go our way it might be like another Havertz to Chelsea scenario, where its taking advantage of a moment in time where there are no real alternatives for Auoar to move to.

I still think its a massive long shot though, & we will more likely go with what we have or a late loan deal for Coutinho.

Yeah hopefully Aouar’s priced out of a move this summer and City don’t go for him. Would love to see him come to us next summer (seems impossible this summer). I know Jones is coming through but with Gini a 50/50 prospect of going and Milner not getting any younger there’ll be room for him. From what I’ve read, we still have a good relationship with OL in spite of the Fekir deal falling apart.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: August 21, 2020, 08:13:32 am »
Aouar is on the move this summer.. to somewhere (not LFC). Lyon chief admitted it last week

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #437 on: August 21, 2020, 08:45:06 am »
Won't be much, he only cost £2m or so apparently  ;D

Every penny counts when you're saving to move house.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: August 21, 2020, 09:54:48 am »
Gerrard confirmed Rangers rejected a bid for Ryan Kent from Leeds. Kent should probably be trying to force a move though, would be a really good opportunity.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 09:58:03 am by Chris~ »

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: August 21, 2020, 09:56:09 am »
Aouar is on the move this summer.. to somewhere (not LFC). Lyon chief admitted it last week
He basically said words to the effect that Aouar and Dembele will leave. Dembele hasn't at all kicked on like I thought he would from his time at Celtic. He's got a very good scoring record granted, but I just don't think his all round game is refined enough to build a team around. I'd be looking at Edouard up at Celtic instead, as a similar player who's going to be better. Would cost a lot less too.

Aouar really does look something indeed. If he is going for circa £40m, we should try and get involved. Too many permutations at this point to say what we'll do though. And that's kind of nice. My favourite kind of signing are the out of the blue, 'when did this happen' ones. Think Fabinho, or even Oussama Assaidi back in the day  ;D ;D

Leeds United looking at Josh King apparently. They definitely desperately need a striker, and he's an alright one. Again for the price he'd cost they'd -in my mind- be better taking a chance on non-'prem proven.' Leeds also getting linked heavily to Ryan Kent, for £10m. Guess we may finally find out his level.