Author Topic: Injury news only thread. *  (Read 1923382 times)

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
Re: Current injury updates? not a transfer speculation thread
« Reply #12800 on: August 15, 2019, 08:10:21 am »
My other half found a pic on Instagram straight away - I would’nt know where to start - so erm.... yes... anyone know why Allison is in a protective boot for a calf strain?  :-\

So he doesn`t use his calf ? It would seem the logical conclusion i.e. protecting the muscle
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12801 on: August 15, 2019, 08:11:28 am »
My other half found a pic on Instagram straight away - I would’nt know where to start - so erm.... yes... anyone know why Allison is in a protective boot for a calf strain?  :-\

The commentator speculated why he was wearing a protective boot as if he had done his achilles

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12802 on: August 15, 2019, 08:43:29 am »
And a quick google says:
Walking boots are commonly recommended following ankle, foot and lower leg injuries. Injuries that can utilise a walking boot include ankle, foot and shin (tibia or fibula) fractures, ankle sprains, achilles injuries or calf muscle tears.
Where's WelshRed when you need him?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 08:45:05 am by No666 »

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #12803 on: August 15, 2019, 09:44:50 am »
And a quick google says:
Walking boots are commonly recommended following ankle, foot and lower leg injuries. Injuries that can utilise a walking boot include ankle, foot and shin (tibia or fibula) fractures, ankle sprains, achilles injuries or calf muscle tears.

Came in to post the same!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12804 on: August 15, 2019, 10:12:01 am »
And a quick google says:

I know absolutely bullox all medically, but I can claim good knowledge on this boot carry on. My bird works in the department in the hospital that dishes them bad boys out, she reckons they go out now for all sorts of injuries in the leg area to avoid unnecessary pressure and all that.  The commentator can f**k off with his achilles nonsense.
We now have the football connection too as she watched the game a bit then after hearing that. Not sure if thats a good thing or not

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #12805 on: August 15, 2019, 10:20:30 am »
It'll allow increased weight bearing which will help to maintain current muscle strength and bulk whilst helping to strengthen up the new calf muscle fibres through the stress put through them in the boot. Hes probably got it on because hes struggling to walk without it and you want him to walk to help not just the calf but the quads, hamstrings and glutes as well.

Either that or hes more fucked than we thought :)

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12806 on: August 15, 2019, 10:25:42 am »
It'll allow increased weight bearing which will help to maintain current muscle strength and bulk whilst helping to strengthen up the new calf muscle fibres through the stress put through them in the boot. Hes probably got it on because hes struggling to walk without it and you want him to walk to help not just the calf but the quads, hamstrings and glutes as well.

Either that or hes more fucked than we thought :)

You see a lot of players in those boots now even for minor foot injuries though don't you ?
Wont be long before the start getting sponsors on them things

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #12807 on: August 15, 2019, 10:25:50 am »
It's signing Lonergan for a whole season that makes me think it's more than what we thought/being told...

Could have easily signed him week to week or until the winter break

That would fit into the injury profile we've been given

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #12808 on: August 15, 2019, 10:29:51 am »
"Andy, we know that you're currently looking for a club to play for but we want to stop you from doing that by signing a week to week contract so we can stop employing you as soon as Alisson is available again, what do you think?"

He'd flat out turn that down.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #12809 on: August 15, 2019, 10:30:11 am »
It's signing Lonergan for a whole season that makes me think it's more than what we thought/being told...

All clubs can do with an experienced #3 at any time.
Linudden.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12810 on: August 15, 2019, 10:57:38 am »

That's cool, but we haven't signed him for the season. It's a "short term contract"

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #12811 on: August 15, 2019, 04:04:27 pm »

Ooooh bravo, I approve of this sort of trollage
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12812 on: August 16, 2019, 11:02:58 am »
Oh fucking fuck off

paul joyce
@_pauljoyce
Klopp says Adrian a doubt for Southampton with swollen ankle after being injured by a fan who ran on the pitch during Super Cup final celebrations
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #12813 on: August 16, 2019, 11:03:22 am »
Can't help but laugh, either that or cry.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12814 on: August 16, 2019, 11:03:24 am »
Jesus fucking christ. It's going to be one of them season's isn't it?

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #12815 on: August 16, 2019, 11:04:09 am »
:lmao

Fucking hell.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #12816 on: August 16, 2019, 11:05:24 am »
Are you fucking winding me up :lmao

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12817 on: August 16, 2019, 11:06:39 am »
Oh hang on..this is better

“Yesterday it was swollen and today I spoke to him and he said it’s much better, but we have to see."
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12818 on: August 16, 2019, 11:07:08 am »
Oh fucking fuck off

paul joyce
@_pauljoyce
Klopp says Adrian a doubt for Southampton with swollen ankle after being injured by a fan who ran on the pitch during Super Cup final celebrations

Haha

I'm sure he'll play, and this might be slightly overplayed to stop fans doing it again and getting us fined. But that's Alison, Adrian and Kelleher getting injuries this summer. Feel like there was another youngster with an injury (maybe Grabara before his loan). And being on loan doesn't help, Karius is injured too.

Achterberg out ;D

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12819 on: August 16, 2019, 11:08:15 am »
Gomez almost got wiped out too
W

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12820 on: August 16, 2019, 11:09:49 am »
Andy Lonegran ultras.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12821 on: August 16, 2019, 11:10:23 am »
This is a joke surely?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #12822 on: August 16, 2019, 11:10:57 am »
Oh fucking fuck off

paul joyce
@_pauljoyce

Haha amazing.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12823 on: August 16, 2019, 11:11:40 am »
Can Elliot or Van den berg play in goal?
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12824 on: August 16, 2019, 11:12:43 am »
This is when it happened apparently.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #12825 on: August 16, 2019, 11:14:14 am »
This is when it happened apparently.

Mo's face kinda sums it up
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12826 on: August 16, 2019, 11:14:16 am »
Should be ok I reckon.

"He couldn't have played directly after we landed in Liverpool, but I saw him now he's better."
W

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12827 on: August 16, 2019, 11:15:07 am »
More good news is that Keita is out with a hip muscle injury. :lmao

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12828 on: August 16, 2019, 11:15:20 am »
Keita is out...
W

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12829 on: August 16, 2019, 11:15:31 am »
LOL
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline eeekaj

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12830 on: August 16, 2019, 11:16:30 am »
Naby Keita is made of crisps. So gutting, I was so excited when we signed him but we've not had chance to see him hit form  :'(

Offline Qston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #12831 on: August 16, 2019, 11:17:45 am »
Naby Keita is made of crisps. So gutting, I was so excited when we signed him but we've not had chance to see him hit form  :'(

Depends which crisps. Kettle Chips can be like bullets. If you're talking skips then we have a problem

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12832 on: August 16, 2019, 11:17:58 am »
His injury against Barca was repeated at AFCON. 

These groin things are tricky to get over, the hip muscle stuff is linked.  It will take him a bit of time to get up to top fitness.
W

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #12833 on: August 16, 2019, 11:18:56 am »
Can't believe we picked this summer out of all the others to release Adam Bogdan.

#KloppOut
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12835 on: August 16, 2019, 11:19:56 am »
Shame for Naby as he’s looked very good when he gets in form but his Liverpool career so far has just been one injury after another, very concerning now.

Why do these bellends run on the pitch and think they’re entitled to start throwing themselves on or jumping on players?

Offline eeekaj

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12836 on: August 16, 2019, 11:20:03 am »

These groin things are tricky to get over, the hip muscle stuff is linked.  It will take him a bit of time to get up to top fitness.

Going to AFCON has really messed his recovery and fitness.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12837 on: August 16, 2019, 11:20:29 am »
Danny Mills as usual being a c*nt on Sky talking about Klopp making excuses before we play Southampton. If players are injured they are injured you stupid fuck.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12838 on: August 16, 2019, 11:24:23 am »

That was a groin issue no? I’m sure they could be connected, but he had hip injuries for us several times last season before the Barca injury

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12839 on: August 16, 2019, 11:24:51 am »
Going to AFCON has really messed his recovery and fitness.

he was getting injured regularly before AFCON
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017