Author Topic: FA Cup 3rd round draw  (Read 7086 times)

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Re: FA Cup 3rd round draw
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2022, 07:40:34 pm »
I'm sure I read that if both teams agree then there's no replay, hopefully Wolves will agree to settle the game on the day. Our fixture congestion will be bad enough (including trying to fit the rearranged league game against these).
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2022, 07:42:19 pm »
Chelsea must be annoyed to get City away in both cup competitions.
5 all-PL games is higher than normal. Increases the chances of a lower team in the 4th round, and a chance to keep resting players.

It's about time though. A big reason Chelsea are always in finals is the draws they get.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2022, 07:43:20 pm »
I’ll take it.

Amused at City’s draw. Looks like it’ll be at least 29 years at the earliest for the Blues.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2022, 07:52:41 pm »
Chelsea must be annoyed to get City away in both cup competitions.
5 all-PL games is higher than normal. Increases the chances of a lower team in the 4th round, and a chance to keep resting players.
Yeah, it's a bit more than the expectation value which, if I'm not mistaken, is three all-PL games (rounded).
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2022, 07:55:01 pm »
What date are we likely to be playing on?
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2022, 07:58:29 pm »
What date are we likely to be playing on?
Considering that there are four dates and five all-PL games, I'm guessing that they will distribute them one per day. City-Chelsea and United-Everton will liley be televised Saturday and Sunday, so, maybe we will get a Monday slot. Pure guess (pluctus rectum).
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2022, 08:01:35 pm »
Considering that there are four dates and five all-PL games, I'm guessing that they will distribute them one per day. City-Chelsea and United-Everton will liley be televised Saturday and Sunday, so, maybe we will get a Monday slot. Pure guess (pluctus rectum).

Thanks pal, when will that get announced
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2022, 08:05:06 pm »
They have games on Friday as well, which may be a possibility given we've got Brentford the Monday before (I think other teams will be playing later on that week which will rule them out of that slot).
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2022, 08:13:49 pm »
A lot of all-PL ties in that draw. Definitely could have been worse though.

Here's hoping Chelsea can be a gang of game raisers.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2022, 08:22:12 pm »
Not a bad draw,. probably doesn't give us much chance to rotate though
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2022, 08:29:32 pm »
They have games on Friday as well, which may be a possibility given we've got Brentford the Monday before (I think other teams will be playing later on that week which will rule them out of that slot).

Wolves play on the Weds though.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2022, 08:35:01 pm »
A lot of all-PL ties in that draw. Definitely could have been worse though.

Here's hoping Chelsea can be a gang of game raisers.
Or just kick the shite out of the cheating c*nts

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2022, 09:21:27 pm »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2022, 09:27:06 pm »
A lot of all premier league ties….. has anyone mentioned warming of the balls!
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2022, 09:35:14 pm »
A lot of all premier league ties….. has anyone mentioned warming of the balls!
Whatever gets you through the night.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2022, 11:16:06 pm »
I'm sure I read that if both teams agree then there's no replay, hopefully Wolves will agree to settle the game on the day. Our fixture congestion will be bad enough (including trying to fit the rearranged league game against these).
really?  so you could have some games replayed and others not?  can't see that being allowed.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2022, 01:07:43 am »
really?  so you could have some games replayed and others not?  can't see that being allowed.

Premier League clubs were talking about scrapping 3rd and 4th round replays back in September because of fixture congestion due to the Queen dying.

Nothing official from the FA yet. But they'll need to sort it out before the next round starts.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2022, 03:16:35 am »
Premier League clubs were talking about scrapping 3rd and 4th round replays back in September because of fixture congestion due to the Queen dying.

Nothing official from the FA yet. But they'll need to sort it out before the next round starts.
Definitely, but it won't be left up to the clubs to decide how they want to do it.  Has to be a standard approach.

Problem with scrapping replays - which I hope to god they do - is it deprives small clubs the chance to make much-needed cash over 2 legs.  Supporting the pyramid and all that.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #58 on: December 3, 2022, 12:38:33 am »
Fixture details have been confirmed for Liverpool's Emirates FA Cup tie against Wolverhampton Wanderers.

The third-round clash will be played at 8pm GMT on Saturday January 7 at Anfield.

ITV will broadcast the game live in the UK.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #59 on: December 3, 2022, 10:42:00 am »
Fixture details have been confirmed for Liverpool's Emirates FA Cup tie against Wolverhampton Wanderers.

The third-round clash will be played at 8pm GMT on Saturday January 7 at Anfield.

Must be for viewing figure because no way should this be a televised game. Good kick off time though haha

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: December 3, 2022, 03:41:47 pm »
Must be for viewing figure because no way should this be a televised game.
Why not?

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #61 on: December 3, 2022, 03:43:46 pm »
Why not?

I would think a tie involving the Cup Winners against the bottom team in the Pl has all the hallmarks of a potential banana skin so I can certainly see why it’s being televised.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: December 3, 2022, 03:51:01 pm »

Fucks sake. I'll likely be taking at least one of my kids for this, maybe both, 8pm kickoff is a fucking joke for a Saturday night.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #63 on: December 5, 2022, 09:25:08 pm »
Must be for viewing figure because no way should this be a televised game. Good kick off time though haha
Holders and the fact that we've lost the last 2 Fa Cup games against them and generally have a poor record in the cup against Wolves
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #64 on: December 5, 2022, 10:11:30 pm »
8pm Saturday night is a pisstake, think theirs a rail strike that day too. :no
#Sausages

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: December 6, 2022, 10:29:05 am »
8pm Saturday night is a pisstake, think theirs a rail strike that day too. :no

I'll be getting the use of my mates corporate seats then - which will be a pisser as I'll have to drive and can't batter the free ale :no
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA