Author Topic: Injury news only thread. *  (Read 1926666 times)

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • camina, camina, con esperanza de tu corazon
Re: Current injury updates? not a transfer speculation thread
« Reply #520 on: January 24, 2014, 04:01:12 pm »

L Leiva    MCL Knee Ligament Injury    15th Mar 14    

Didn't Lucas himself tweet saying it wasn't as bad as feared?
@TomNJones on Twitter

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #521 on: January 24, 2014, 04:02:23 pm »

I imagine he feared it was an acl.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #522 on: January 24, 2014, 04:23:58 pm »
What's this about Allen?

Offline Bincey

• Legacy Fan
  • Is that Joe Pasquale? In the garden?
« Reply #523 on: January 24, 2014, 05:03:10 pm »
What's this about Allen?

Someone on a social networking website said something about hearing that he was injured. Hence it must be true.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #524 on: January 24, 2014, 05:12:52 pm »

Mid march would be a worst case scenario for these sort of injuries, medial ligament damage grade 2.

I would think him to be back at the beginning of march..
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline ElstonGunn

• is Billy Beane
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #525 on: January 24, 2014, 05:15:46 pm »
Someone on a social networking website said something about hearing that he was injured. Hence it must be true.
There was a hint about it in the Independent, and he wasn't in the training pictures, supposedly. And Physioroom won't confirm for me on twitter that he's healthy! ;-) Brendan said a few were ill though, so I expect that's all it is.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #526 on: January 24, 2014, 05:25:36 pm »
There was a hint about it in the Independent, and he wasn't in the training pictures, supposedly. And Physioroom won't confirm for me on twitter that he's healthy! ;-) Brendan said a few were ill though, so I expect that's all it is.

Yeah probably just under the weather so best to keep him away from the rest of the squad.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #527 on: January 24, 2014, 05:32:57 pm »
A lot of injuries, but its more the
To be fair, Sahko and Flanagan are supposed to be back tomorrow, while Coates is looking for an exit sign and not part of the plans. So, it's Johnson, Agger, Lucas and Enrique, in reality.

Sakho still feeling effects of the hamstring injury. Reported in the Echo yesterday.
YWNA

Offline gorwar61

• Main Stander
  • "Facta Non Verba"
« Reply #528 on: January 24, 2014, 06:45:09 pm »
Yeah probably just under the weather so best to keep him away from the rest of the squad.
Under the weather MY ARSE!  doesn't fancy a physical battle tomorrow!

Offline ElstonGunn

• is Billy Beane
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: January 24, 2014, 06:52:18 pm »
lol

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #530 on: January 24, 2014, 07:15:37 pm »

Oh deary me.........

Offline ElstonGunn

• is Billy Beane
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #531 on: January 24, 2014, 08:10:15 pm »
I know, what a pussy he is, playing with his shoulder hanging off for two months last season and not even saying a word about it as scores of forumites called him soft.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #532 on: January 24, 2014, 09:13:56 pm »
This is getting ridiculous now, no one is this unlucky. What the fuck are these players doing in training?

G Johnson    Ankle/Foot Injury    no return date    
          L Leiva    MCL Knee Ligament Injury    15th Mar 14    
          D Agger    Calf/Shin Injury    8th Feb 14    
          M Sakho    Hamstring Injury    25th Jan 14    
          J Flanagan    Hamstring Injury    25th Jan 14    
          J Enrique    Knee Injury    no return date    
          S Coates    ACL Knee Injury    no return date

Not to mention Allen again apparently.
The calls and requirement to play a largely settled squad AND the fact we'd registered the smallest senior squad at the start of the league? The amount of injuries is not really something out of the ordinary. We knew we'd have to deal with injuries even with the small squad we registered, so it's not really a surprise.

Agger's suffered a "long" spell on the sidelines in quite a while and Johnson's been playing with an injury and wasn't on the brandy as had been alleged(man, oh man *smh*). It's Sakho's first season in England.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 09:16:48 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #533 on: January 24, 2014, 11:09:57 pm »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/toure-cup-warning-reds-allen-6593001

Allen's injured, copped a knock in training. And Sakho still out as well.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #534 on: January 25, 2014, 01:29:51 am »
Mad thing is everyone reckoned we'd have a fully fit squad to choose from by the end of January but in reality we'll be lucky to put 11 men on the fucking pitch on Tuesday. Just in keeping with the constant farce and misfortune that has dogged this club for years.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #535 on: January 25, 2014, 01:33:48 am »
Fuck me, Allen's out as well? If he's out against Everton as well, we're fucked.

Offline Fluke

• aka the recently dismissed General Consensus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop.
« Reply #536 on: January 25, 2014, 01:53:37 am »
Are our injuries actually worse than those around us though?  I haven't really paid attention to them, but I suspect we just feel it more...
Look down, look down, you'll always be a slave.
Look down, look down, you're standing in your grave.

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #537 on: January 25, 2014, 02:34:31 am »
Are our injuries actually worse than those around us though?  I haven't really paid attention to them, but I suspect we just feel it more...

bar everton every other rival club has a bigger squad and a bigger reserve squad.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #538 on: January 25, 2014, 03:03:51 am »
For fucks sake. We can't go in to Everton with 2 in the middle, we just can't. Alberto will have to play.
YWNA

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #539 on: January 25, 2014, 05:49:43 am »
Players are always going to get knocks so injuries are inevitable, but its frustrating to see how many muscle injuries (aka the "pulled groin" or "hamstring") we've suffered so far this season. Surely these injuries are fatigue related and are bound to happen with such a thin squad, particularly during the busier fixture periods.

For example, Gerrard suffered his 'hammy' 60 minutes into West Ham, following 90 minutes against Hull, 90 minutes vs Norwich... all in the space of 7 days.
Flanagan wasn't used to playing 2 games per week, so the busy Christmas period burned him out, similarly for Sakho (Man City and Chelsea games in particular).

In effect a larger squad does two things: firstly, it allows adequate cover for when players do pick injuries; and secondly, avoids injuries in the first place due to fatigue.

Assuming we can get players back from injuries and avoid having as many as we've had until now the rest of the way we might be able to survive this season without major additions. However, if we make Europe next season we'll need at least 4-5 additions over the summer (one attacker/winger, 2 midfielders, 1 defender/fullback, and a better backup goalie)

Offline Niru Red4ever

• Spoiler spoiler
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #540 on: January 25, 2014, 07:12:56 am »
Players are always going to get knocks so injuries are inevitable, but its frustrating to see how many muscle injuries (aka the "pulled groin" or "hamstring") we've suffered so far this season. Surely these injuries are fatigue related and are bound to happen with such a thin squad, particularly during the busier fixture periods.

For example, Gerrard suffered his 'hammy' 60 minutes into West Ham, following 90 minutes against Hull, 90 minutes vs Norwich... all in the space of 7 days.
Flanagan wasn't used to playing 2 games per week, so the busy Christmas period burned him out, similarly for Sakho (Man City and Chelsea games in particular).

In effect a larger squad does two things: firstly, it allows adequate cover for when players do pick injuries; and secondly, avoids injuries in the first place due to fatigue.

Assuming we can get players back from injuries and avoid having as many as we've had until now the rest of the way we might be able to survive this season without major additions. However, if we make Europe next season we'll need at least 4-5 additions over the summer (one attacker/winger, 2 midfielders, 1 defender/fullback, and a better backup goalie)
A larger squad won't help if Gerrard is kept on for 90 minutes when we were cruising against Norwich with options on the bench.
Would love the 19th more and more trophies; but would love even more to see a fan owned LFC.

Offline Jack Barrels

• Kopite
« Reply #541 on: January 25, 2014, 08:18:52 am »
Shite. When Agger started to string a handful of games together last season I thought we were on to something, now it seems like we're imploding with injuries. Haven't got any knowledge whatsoever to why we seem to be so injury-prone even though we've had plenty opportunities to rest during the season, is it just sheer bad luck or a pattern?

Edit: Cheers rickardinho1, but with the lesser amount of games this season, is our squad really that thin compared to the amount of matches we play? Gerrard and a few other players I can understand, but surely most of our players should be able to cope with a game per week, with the odd exception of two games a week every now and then? Am I being naive? :)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 08:21:44 am by Jack Barrels »
Really thought Martin Kelly would make it.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #542 on: January 25, 2014, 08:34:33 am »
Shite. When Agger started to string a handful of games together last season I thought we were on to something, now it seems like we're imploding with injuries. Haven't got any knowledge whatsoever to why we seem to be so injury-prone even though we've had plenty opportunities to rest during the season, is it just sheer bad luck or a pattern?

We do make injuries worse by playing players injured rather than allowing them to heal properly. So a potential few weeks turns into a few months with surgery needed. It's happened with Enrique and Johnson this season which hasn't helped us at full back and made things worse. We did it with Allen and Borini last season.

We let that doctor go and the fitness coach (Bruckner/Burgess). Have they been sufficiently replaced? I know they'd insist against playing players injured if it was going to make the injury worse.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Livo.85

• Legacy Fan
Re: Current injury updates?
« Reply #543 on: January 25, 2014, 08:35:05 am »
For fucks sake. We can't go in to Everton with 2 in the middle, we just can't. Alberto will have to play.
Probably have only 2 options?                                     
This 3-5-2:                                     
                                  Kelly       Skrtel      Toure

Sterling     Gerrard    Henderson   Flanagan

Alberto

Suarez             Sturridge

or this 4-3-3 against Everton:

Kelly          Skrtel        Toure         Flanagan

Gerrard        Henderson   

Alberto

Sturridge        Suarez          Sterling

Could swap Coutinho for Kelly & shift Sterling to RB if chasing a goal.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 08:46:03 am by Livo.85 »

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #544 on: January 25, 2014, 08:41:47 am »

That's the annoying this for me. These injuries in a lot of cases could be avoidable. We tried to play Gerrard 90+ minutes 3 times in 6 days against Hull (Sunday) Norwich (Wednesday) and West Ham (Saturday). Towards the end of the third game he gets a muscle injury. Who could have predicted that?  ::) There was no need for him to even play against Norwich in the second half as the game was well won by half time. We don't help ourselves. Agger got injured towards the end of the Oldham game which was only a few days after he'd played 90+ minutes at Chelsea. Allen played injured against Chelsea and then made that worse forcing him to miss the next few weeks. Johnson's been playing injured for months and how he's fucked.

I don't think our lack of rotation helps. It's like O'Neill's Villa were the same players are used every game so when there's an injury the player that does come in isn't physically used to regular game time, plus the players that are playing 90 every week get fatigued which leads to injuries.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #545 on: January 25, 2014, 08:42:59 am »
Does anybody know the extent of Allens injury?

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #546 on: January 25, 2014, 10:30:34 am »
Somewhere between "He Is out for a month, we are doomed, the bitters will tear us apart on Tuesday" and " Its very minor, wouldn't have played in the cup anyway, he will be fine to help destroy the BS in the week".
Your welcome.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #547 on: January 25, 2014, 11:06:30 am »

I heard he took one from a month late tackle by Eto'o so who knows

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #548 on: January 25, 2014, 11:12:15 am »
Tattaglia, Barzini, Johnson, Enrique, Lucas, Moe green - they're all dead.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Benimar Col

• benimarisblonde.col.uk
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us Dream
« Reply #549 on: January 25, 2014, 11:17:55 am »
noth official about Joe Allen being injured, unless someone can post a link ?

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #550 on: January 25, 2014, 11:18:52 am »

It was in the echo.

Offline Kadian

• Trolling along... The Specious One. Whistles the Liquidator as he types disparaging comments about Mario Balotelli So utterly predictable, Moreno's best mate
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're coming

Offline Tonyh

• Tony get the shots in (after 7pm)
  • Legacy Fan
  • .............is the final piece of the jigsaw!
« Reply #552 on: January 25, 2014, 06:56:14 pm »

Said during todays match commentary that there is a chance that he can make Tuesdays game, but sounded far from certain.
Let's also never forget the 39!

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #554 on: January 25, 2014, 08:31:32 pm »
It's out of date, Flanno played today.

It's like being top at Christmas for a day all over again :(

Offline Benimar Col

• benimarisblonde.col.uk
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us Dream
« Reply #555 on: January 26, 2014, 11:43:16 am »
Said during todays match commentary that there is a chance that he can make Tuesdays game, but sounded far from certain.

heard that myself,, not sure what decent info ITV have nowadays ?  hopefully he is fit for Tuesday as the midfield is unbalanced with Gerrard playing deep, Henderson seems in a rut aswell,  I'm sure the prospect of the Derby will get players back in the groove

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
« Reply #556 on: January 27, 2014, 04:11:17 pm »
So our best possible defenders are pretty much all out injured for at least 2-3 weeks?

Johnson - no return date
Agger - still a few weeks
Sakho - 2-3 weeks
Enrique - nobody knows

Add to that:

Lucas - some time in March?
Coates - no return date

And possibly Allen as well.
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Offline jaffod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #557 on: January 27, 2014, 04:21:58 pm »
Good job this injury crisis has occured while the transfer window is open innit?

Offline liverpoolfan1

• Kopite
« Reply #558 on: January 27, 2014, 04:23:41 pm »
Good job this injury crisis has occured while the transfer window is open innit?

;D
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are."

Bill Shankly

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #559 on: January 27, 2014, 04:23:56 pm »
Yeah but thakfully we've strengthened a lot in this window so not too worried.