Author Topic: Pep Lijnders  (Read 150580 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Pep Lijnders
« Reply #1000 on: March 27, 2024, 06:02:26 pm »
I hope he smashes it over there. Ajax are an enormous club and he'll be under the spot light immediately.

I always expect Ajax to have some of the best youngsters (Dutch at least) around, is that still the case ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #1001 on: March 27, 2024, 06:08:16 pm »
I always expect Ajax to have some of the best youngsters (Dutch at least) around, is that still the case ?
I'm not an expert on Dutch football but I think that Hato is very highly rated and is expected to draw attention from other Clubs. Ajax are having a really bad season, down in 5th which is almost unheard of for them. I'm sure their Academy is still producing decent players and if Pep goes there and does well, it'll be a great way to start his Managerial career.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1002 on: March 27, 2024, 06:27:36 pm »
I'm not an expert on Dutch football but I think that Hato is very highly rated and is expected to draw attention from other Clubs. Ajax are having a really bad season, down in 5th which is almost unheard of for them. I'm sure their Academy is still producing decent players and if Pep goes there and does well, it'll be a great way to start his Managerial career.

If only they had watched some of Hendos lowlights from his last season.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #1003 on: March 27, 2024, 07:09:25 pm »
I’ll be watching Pep’s career closely to see how he gets on. He’s obviously incredibly well thought of here, but it’s a different kettle of fish managing middle of the road players and being in the top seat yourself. I hope he does brilliantly. The grief he got on social media last season remains one of the most embarrassing periods for our online fan base.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1004 on: March 27, 2024, 07:11:33 pm »
It's a job that could go either way, good luck to him if he gets it.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1005 on: March 27, 2024, 07:15:47 pm »
A litmus test for Pep. He has the technical tools to make it, the questions that needs to be answered are the man-management and motivation day in and day out. Ajax are a great team with a fantastic academy that would serve well his philosophy of promoting young talent. I hope he's given sufficient time, and that he does well there.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1006 on: March 27, 2024, 07:18:08 pm »
Will be interesting to see how he does if he gets it. It doesn't look like they have much to work with in that first team at all. Not seen loads of them but it feels like the best youngster they have right now would be one of the weaker ones in Ajax sides gone by. PSV and Feyenoord will probably be above them the next couple of years again. Sounds like they could do with what Pep brings to a side ... intensity.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1007 on: March 27, 2024, 07:18:49 pm »
Would be great to establish good relations with Ajax if they have any good players on the books. I'm sure we have a few decent players we can offer them if circumstances arise also.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art