Author Topic: Premier League/League Cup fixtures 23rd-26th April  (Read 21522 times)

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
Re: Premier League/League Cup fixtures 23rd-26th April
« Reply #560 on: April 26, 2021, 10:06:16 pm »
Chelsea still have to play City, Arsenal and Leicester, as well as Villa away, though it's quite possible that none of them will have anything to play for by the time they play Chelsea. If we win all our games, we'll probably still be in with a chance going into the final day of the season.

Since I can't predict the future this is true, anything is possible.  With that said you can't look at Chelsea's overall form and think we're going to make up 5 points regardless of their schedule. 

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #561 on: April 26, 2021, 10:06:50 pm »
Chelsea still have to play City, Arsenal and Leicester, as well as Villa away, though it's quite possible that none of them will have anything to play for by the time they play Chelsea. If we win all our games, we'll probably still be in with a chance going into the final day of the season.
How are we going to do that? It would require an immediate reversal of the form we've shown for the whole of 2021. Starting next game with what is historically our hardest league fixture.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #562 on: April 26, 2021, 10:07:54 pm »
Coming lower in the table than this Leicester team is pretty embarrassing really with the players we have.

Think our season has been more about the players we haven't had, to be honest.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #563 on: April 26, 2021, 10:08:40 pm »
He sure rifled that goal in nicely. BOOM top corner. pick that out.

the first one he laid off was hand ball though. Still fuming about that. When you guys see the dazn angle from behind you'll understand my aggro. The ball should have run away from him but he dribbled it like a basketball which kept it in his immediate area. very quick snap of the wrist and impossible to see from most of the angles.

Good play if your on his side  ;D  but var im just about at the end with this.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #564 on: April 26, 2021, 10:12:33 pm »
We have better players, but this year Leicester and West Ham have better teams. They're where they are on merit.

Agreed. Shouldn't take anything away from the seasons they've had. Feel like West Ham have far outperformed their squad's ability but that's a credit to Moyes and the team spirit they clearly have.

Leicester have a good squad and they have one of the best managers in the league as well. 19 points now from losing positions for the Foxes this season.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #565 on: April 26, 2021, 10:12:49 pm »
Coming lower in the table than this Leicester team is pretty embarrassing really with the players we have.

Find it odd to be embarassed by things like that. Leicester aren’t some little underdog, they are a very good team with very rich owners. And they have taken advantage of a very wierd season.

There’s nothing I find embarassing about what’s happened this season. We deserve nothing from it, there are multiple reasons why we’ve had a poor season, some that can be fixed quickly, some may take time, we move on and start fixing, but also remembering the very recent great seasons we’ve had that most clubs would give anything for, and not losing sight of that. 

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #566 on: April 26, 2021, 10:15:21 pm »
How are we going to do that? It would require an immediate reversal of the form we've shown for the whole of 2021. Starting next game with what is historically our hardest league fixture.

I don't think we will, but it's not impossible. :)

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #567 on: April 26, 2021, 10:16:14 pm »
Since I can't predict the future this is true, anything is possible.  With that said you can't look at Chelsea's overall form and think we're going to make up 5 points regardless of their schedule. 

I agree it's unlikely. I can actually see them dropping four points, but I can't see us winning all five games.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #568 on: April 26, 2021, 10:16:22 pm »
I hope Leicester get top 4 to be honest. Would represent something different to the norm at least.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #569 on: April 26, 2021, 10:19:18 pm »
I hope Leicester get top 4 to be honest. Would represent something different to the norm at least.
I know they have decent backing but they haven't bought success, they just seem like a very well run club with good ownership and management.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #570 on: April 26, 2021, 10:26:10 pm »
Eze looks like a very good prospect, one to keep an eye on for sure
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #571 on: April 26, 2021, 10:26:42 pm »
I know they have decent backing but they haven't bought success, they just seem like a very well run club with good ownership and management.

Would love if Rodgers just stayed there and established them as ahead of Arsenal and Spurs. 2 seasons in a row they'll have finished above them.