Author Topic: The Shakers - Bury FC  (Read 17467 times)

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Direct Action Now
Re: The Shakers - Bury FC
« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2019, 09:45:43 pm »
Been thinking Chester watching this. May be only way to get the club out of someone's hands when they're dug in that far to gouge everyone.

Bury's got this problem which is why a buyer is going to be hard to find:

Conn in the Guardian

Richards wants better part of £2m for the debt now. Vultures.

Your right Zeb - vultures, criminals, laundering money

I have a company - going on 15 years now. Turn over a small profit, Vat registered, pay my Corp Tax.
Should i be allowed to buy a football club for a £1?
No way.

Whats the PFA doing in getting players paid, I guess they paid their subs? whats the EFL & FA doing to remove unsuitable owners? As I said in another thread they allowed Oyston to mismange Blackpool for years to his own profit.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2019, 10:06:34 pm »
Talk is someone has bought them...

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: August 23, 2019, 10:14:48 pm »
Talk is someone has bought them...

Can you believe what Dale says?

If brought the new buyer/buyers still have prove they've 2.7m of funds by midnight.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2019, 10:29:59 pm »
Supposedly it's this one Frith, the local MP, has been talking about a while.

“"As I understand, that may well be case (that Dale has a bidder), but that particular buyer is not the person I am talking too, he possibly has two irons in the fire,” Frith said.

"The news I have is that the (potential) owners I have been liaising with for several months have got proof of funds and that documentation will be on the way to the EFL and a bid for the club will be made tonight.

"That bid will be conditional on the EFL extending the deadline and a number of details on the complexities around the financial picture of the club, not least the state of the loan on the ground.

"It will come with conditions but it's a credible bid which will be made tonight with proof of funds submitted to the EFL."

https://www.burytimes.co.uk/news/17858186.credible-bid-set-made-bury-fc-ahead-deadline/
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2019, 10:31:37 pm »
Really hope they find a buyer, imagine the loss of your football club?, every supporter of every team should be behind this.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: August 23, 2019, 11:06:05 pm »
Statement from Newman and Campbell of C&N Sporting Risk

"We can confirm that over the past 10 weeks we have been in discussions with Bury FC, the EFL and others with a view to putting forward a proposal to buy the club.

"It is a very complicated scenario and there remain a number of outstanding legal and other issues that have to be addressed.

"Our background is in football and data analytics and it should therefore not be surprising that we are taking a very detailed forensic look at the realities of Bury FC finances.

"A club like Bury ought to have a viable long-term future even if the short-term future is clearly very challenging. To that end we have been in discussions with the EFL about an extension so that we can continue to explore the prospects for a purchase. We will be making no further comment at this stage."

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2019, 11:42:00 pm »
The reports of a buyer now seem to be growing legs. There will be a lot of relieved fans tonight if it’s true.

I know a lot of Bury fans and anyone who was in the Manchester Road end last year knows they are good for a laugh too. Plenty of Scousers in Bury and was one of the reasons I made it my home when I left the Army. Unlike a lot of satellite towns, they very rarely call themselves Mancs either!

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2019, 11:53:57 pm »
EFL statement

"The EFL has received notification that Steve Dale has accepted an offer from C&N Sporting Risk.

“We are currently in discussions with the potential purchaser and await information to allow the board to consider a request for an extension to Friday’s deadline.”

The wait goes on...

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2019, 12:02:33 am »
No news tonight it seems

“That is that for the night.

Shakers fans can go to bed with some hope but they still need some leniancy from the league.

A decision is expected tomorrow (Saturday) so we shouldn't have to wait long.”

https://www.burytimes.co.uk/sport/17856268.bury-fc-crisis-live-updates-potential-owners-emerge/

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2019, 08:42:01 am »
Statement form EFL due at 9:45ish

Expected that they are going to grant Bury an extension to allow this deal to go through.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2019, 10:21:06 am »
These new owners. Very mediocre accounts on companies house. Hope they do have money

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2019, 10:28:04 am »
Statement form EFL due at 9:45ish

Expected that they are going to grant Bury an extension to allow this deal to go through.

Extension would be good but they’ve apparently been involved and looking eight weeks. Another few days going to help?!

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: August 26, 2019, 10:54:23 am »
Bolton look toast  :(

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: August 26, 2019, 11:03:29 am »
Bolton have been teetering on the brink for absolutely donkeys. Can't even imagine how tiring it is to be a supporter of them. Honestly, I think I'd just want it to be over so you could at least start a phoenix club.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: August 26, 2019, 11:10:20 am »
They owed around £100m or so when they got relegated from the prem to the owner, so long time coming really, can remember they have their record signing a three year deal which I thought was bizarre as he only had value for a year and think he went on a free (his name escapes me)

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: August 26, 2019, 05:34:43 pm »
Issue with Bolton complicated by the hotel at the ground

Beyond that who the hell is going buy a football ground?! Administrators will want it sold. Be too expensive to level it for houses.

They owe too much I think for someone to come in. Sad situation

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: August 26, 2019, 05:48:51 pm »
Bolton have been teetering on the brink for absolutely donkeys. Can't even imagine how tiring it is to be a supporter of them. Honestly, I think I'd just want it to be over so you could at least start a phoenix club.
Ground's a bit big for a Working mans clud isn't it?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2019, 05:58:37 pm »

If that's not a euphemism, it should be...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #98 on: August 26, 2019, 08:31:10 pm »

It were Den Perry.

Sad state of affairs. After Anfield, the first other ground I watched a game at was Burnden Park. Always liked Bolton (before the Fat Sam days!). Crazy a club of that size could disappear from the football league.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: August 26, 2019, 08:43:42 pm »
Freudian slip :lmao

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #100 on: August 26, 2019, 09:04:02 pm »
It were Den Perry.

Sad state of affairs. After Anfield, the first other ground I watched a game at was Burnden Park. Always liked Bolton (before the Fat Sam days!). Crazy a club of that size could disappear from the football league.
Yeah my Grandad was a Bolton fan but he passed when I was 8 so he never really had the opportunity to get me into them. I do have memories of watching a play off final game with him at my house but I was young and didn't really give a shit about footie back then. I did go to the last game at Burnden Park though and got to see the reds take on Bolton at the Reebok a couple of years later - watched my hero Fowler go through on goal for a one on one, laugh at the keeper and then miss! A lot of family live in Horwich about 10 minutes walk from the stadium so when we got them in the FA Cup replay recently, I got the train up and crashed at my uncle in laws house. Be a shame to see them go. My Mum frequently goes to watch them since she moved back up there from down south where I'm located three years ago. I think I remind her a bit of her Dad with my passion for the footie as well - she often checks for our results and I'll take her over to Anfield for the odd league cup game when there is a spare and she loves it. Now she's retired I think she quite liked taking in the occasional Bolton game, especially with the stadium being so close.

But yeah, saddening to see what's happening with Bolton. Them and Wigan were always two teams results that I would look out for. My old mans from Wigan but to be totally honest he was always more into the Rugby League which is probably why I didn't really have a team growing up as my Mum's interest in footie pretty much died with my Grandad and was only really resurrected through me and subsequently my brother who I converted become obsessives. Thank fuck I managed to end up supporting the reds - can't imagine what it would be like supporting any other club.  Really hope they pull through though. Of all the teams that have eventually gone to the wall (and all of them are sad in their own way) this would be one of the biggest yet wouldn't it?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 09:06:01 pm by Hij »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: August 26, 2019, 09:08:50 pm »
Bolton under Fat Sam were always something of a bogey team for us around a decade or so ago.  Sad how far they've fallen.  My bestie is a Tranmere fan and saw the 5 nil game - she said Bolton's team were mostly about 18 and were completely gassed long before the match ended.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #102 on: August 26, 2019, 09:13:22 pm »
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline RobinHood

• Kopite
« Reply #103 on: August 26, 2019, 10:10:43 pm »
Thing I remember most about playing Bolton is Westerveld letting one in against them. May have been a newly promoted team and I’m not sure we ever saw him again for us?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #104 on: August 26, 2019, 10:15:29 pm »
Thing I remember most about playing Bolton is Westerveld letting one in against them. May have been a newly promoted team and I’m not sure we ever saw him again for us?

Bank Holiday Monday in fact, having won the Super Cup on the Friday night. He was indeed binned immediately with the Dudek/Kirkland double signing.

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: August 27, 2019, 03:46:23 pm »
Looks very grim now

David Conn
@david_conn
·
3m
BREAKING: Bury FC Crisis: The proposed purchase by C & N Sporting Risk is OFF; owner Steve Dale was given until 5pm today for it to complete or the club would be expelled from the Football League, so this really could be the end.
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: August 27, 2019, 03:46:47 pm »

Sounds like another way of saying "we're not as rich as we thought we were".

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: August 27, 2019, 03:50:34 pm »
These new owners. Very mediocre accounts on companies house. Hope they do have money
Seems like they haven't

Offline CheshireDave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: August 27, 2019, 04:01:47 pm »
Looks very grim now

David Conn
@david_conn
·
3m
BREAKING: Bury FC Crisis: The proposed purchase by C & N Sporting Risk is OFF; owner Steve Dale was given until 5pm today for it to complete or the club would be expelled from the Football League, so this really could be the end.

Quelle surprise

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: August 27, 2019, 04:20:41 pm »
Seems like they haven't

They probably do, just that Dale has been playing silly beggars over it all. He probably reckons he can get money asset stripping the club and converting the stadium into a car park. :(

Popcorn's Art

Offline CheshireDave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: August 27, 2019, 04:23:30 pm »
They probably do, just that Dale has been playing silly beggars over it all. He probably reckons he can get money asset stripping the club and converting the stadium into a car park. :(

That's more likely. Sounds to me like Mr Dale kept a few things back and only when the finer details of the deal were scrutinised they've decided it's not such a good idea after all.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 04:26:02 pm by CheshireDave »

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #111 on: August 27, 2019, 04:27:59 pm »
Sort of irony during the International break, 8th September, Bolton are scheduled to play Bury, & is live on SKY. :(
#Sausages

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: August 27, 2019, 04:36:21 pm »
It looks like it could be a bit of both to be honest.

https://twitter.com/mjshrimper/status/1166367413878890496?s=20

I know they are businessmen but I can't get my head around the owners of Bury and Bolton not budging on their position and taking a hit in order to save the club from going extinct.  In Bolton's case they have talked about the Liquidation process starting tomorrow which will probably result in the owner getting nothing at all so surely any sale now is better than nothing from his point of view.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: August 27, 2019, 04:51:28 pm »
Very sad if any club goes under (unless they have Manchester in the name). Hope Bury and Bolton can get some more time to sort it all out.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #114 on: August 27, 2019, 05:18:45 pm »
Thats in very poor taste isn't it  :o

We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: August 27, 2019, 05:26:54 pm »
Thats in very poor taste isn't it  :o

Utter wankers  :wanker :wanker :wanker :wanker :wanker :wanker :wanker :wanker :wanker
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: August 27, 2019, 05:33:40 pm »
That's shocking from Sky, tone deaf, and really quite offensive, a football club is the heart of the community, to see their very existence displayed in such a blasé fashion is absolutely shameful, not surprising at all as they'll scrape the bottom of the barrel every fucking time.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #118 on: August 27, 2019, 05:58:22 pm »
No surprise to see that utter cockwomble’s front and centre of that deadline photo.
AHA!

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: August 27, 2019, 06:02:41 pm »
It looks like it could be a bit of both to be honest.

https://twitter.com/mjshrimper/status/1166367413878890496?s=20

I know they are businessmen but I can't get my head around the owners of Bury and Bolton not budging on their position and taking a hit in order to save the club from going extinct.  In Bolton's case they have talked about the Liquidation process starting tomorrow which will probably result in the owner getting nothing at all so surely any sale now is better than nothing from his point of view.

Yeah.  By this point it's hard to see what either owner stands to gain from dicking around.  Not only do they come across as complete pr!cks but it doesn't make a lot of business sense either.  Like I said, unless they stand to gain something from the liquidation of the club why would either of them stick it out? 

That said, it's a bit late in the day for the EFL to express "reservations" about a potential buyer at this stage; after all they allowed these two fuckers in in the first place.  :wanker

Utter wankers  :wanker :wanker :wanker :wanker :wanker :wanker :wanker :wanker :wanker

Fucking vultures.  They're revelling in it.

Popcorn's Art