Author Topic: The Shakers - Bury FC  (Read 17468 times)

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Re: The Shakers - Bury FC
« Reply #160 on: August 28, 2019, 07:13:56 am »
Make it so every Phoenix club has to be owned 50%+1 vote by the fans of the club to guard against swindlers maybe?

That has a lot going for it. Something which niggles at me is the relationship of the ground (and ownership/use of it) and the club. Some protections there to make sure the two can't be divorced, without adequate replacement of course, might at least leave something for someone to rebuild with. That said, I remember Boothferry being a near ruin before Hull council bought them a new stadium with the white telephone box money - you'd want clubs to be able to avoid having to play in something falling down. Don't know - some stuff is needed but the practicalities mean some flex is needed, and that boils down to oversight from FA/leagues I suppose.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #161 on: August 28, 2019, 07:16:59 am »
Got to feel for the people of Bury this morning, I can only imagine how it might feel to basically lose your club. Think about no more LFC. Picture that and tell me it doesn't bring a tear to your eyes. That's them this morning and 20% of lower league teams have similar financial worries.
Truly a depressing day for football , for all of us ,but for Bury it is heartbreaking.

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #162 on: August 28, 2019, 08:09:42 am »
Very, very sad situation. Another owner who somehow got through the 'fit and proper' test who was clearly neither.

The players will mostly find other clubs and some of the backroom staff will eventually find other employment, but the fans? they can't go and support Rochdale or Oldham - they have lost their lives.

The effect on the local community will be vast as well. Chippies, food outlets and other shops will now be under serious pressure to survive.

A very sad day (and it won't be the last I'm afraid)

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #163 on: August 28, 2019, 08:42:26 am »
Very, very sad situation. Another owner who somehow got through the 'fit and proper' test who was clearly neither.

The players will mostly find other clubs and some of the backroom staff will eventually find other employment, but the fans? they can't go and support Rochdale or Oldham - they have lost their lives.

The effect on the local community will be vast as well. Chippies, food outlets and other shops will now be under serious pressure to survive.

this all day

Its sad just thinking about this this morning and I have never really cared much for Bury

absolutely shameful this was allowed to happen

its poor form when Sanchez for instances get 100s of thousands of pounds for doing absolutely nothing. Half his wage would make a world of difference to a club like this.

Ok not sanchezs fault but still this shouldnt have happened.

I cant imagine how they felt this morning. Promoted a few months ago and now absolutely nothing
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 08:45:16 am by Hellrazor »
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: August 28, 2019, 08:47:51 am »
Bolton have been given 14 days not to follow the same fate.

Always sad when a club goes under.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: August 28, 2019, 09:20:40 am »

Never really thought about it like this, absolute shame. Especially for a club as prestigious as Bury. Sky can fuck right off as well, why people pay their subscriptions I’ll never know, they’ll never get a penny out of me. Just hoping a Bolton can pull off a miracle, would be a shame to see them go as well. I remember I used to hate them years ago as they were always our bogey team.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: August 28, 2019, 09:25:21 am »
It's a disgrace that not one but TWO clubs of such history and stature are on the verge of being wiped out within a matter of weeks.  It makes an absolute mockery of the EFL for this to happen. :wanker
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #167 on: August 28, 2019, 09:28:38 am »
1st of all. Fuck SKY Sports and their horrible and disgusting countdown clock yesterday. Beyond distasteful.

It's hard to think how close we were at one point to be going into administration. To be effectively told you're being wiped out is devastating not just from a football perspective but as a local community. 

The EFL needs to take a good long look in the mirror and come up with some major reforms to their ownership model. There also needs to be a way of ousting owners if they cant back up their claims.

Sort of like the route we went down with Perslow/Broughton. Someone thats only purpose is to ensure that when clubs are bought/sold that they are done so with the club in mind first and foremost. Not to sell for massive profits and only to people that can really afford to do so. 

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #168 on: August 28, 2019, 09:35:52 am »
Feel for everyone connected to to the club, staff and fans

Are any players still under contract free to find other clubs? Don’t know how the transfer window affects that

Also how long is it before this happens again and the bigger clubs fill these leagues with B teams

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: August 28, 2019, 09:51:29 am »
I guess for Bury a phoenix club is the way forward, starting back in Conference North I'd expect and working their way back up. 

When Chester went under in 2010 they rejoined in the Division One North league which is level 8 (4 leagues under League 2) so I guess Bury will slot in somewhere near that.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: August 28, 2019, 09:58:36 am »
It sounds like it's already been effectively sold to Capital Bridging Finance Solutions (whoever the fuck they are).  I guess it depends on whether there's a legally enforceable covenant that means it has to be retained as a football stadium.

Company registered in Crosby, provide short term finance to property developers. New housing estate then

https://www.capitalbfs.co.uk/
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #171 on: August 28, 2019, 10:14:57 am »
Company registered in Crosby, provide short term finance to property developers. New housing estate then

Someone interviewed on bbc breakfast this morning said there's provision with the council that planning for housing wont be passed without them building a new stadium.

They didn't say where or how big though.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: August 28, 2019, 10:18:30 am »

I suppose there's a (weak) outside chance that some benefactor or entrepreneur might offer to buy the stadium as a step to setting up a new club.  I mean, this company has no reason to reject such offers out of hand?

Popcorn's Art

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: August 28, 2019, 10:37:47 am »
Someone interviewed on bbc breakfast this morning said there's provision with the council that planning for housing wont be passed without them building a new stadium.

A football pitch generally can't be lost without it being replaced to equivalent or better quality and quantity. So yeah, any developers will have to build a new stadium, or come up with a sporting package that satisfies the community.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: August 28, 2019, 10:40:59 am »

It cost FC United £6 million to build their ground and that was 6 years ago. The house prices in the area where Gigg Lane is are about £180k, so I can't see anyone going for that as they'd never make any money. Selling it as it is to a new club would probably be the best option?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: August 28, 2019, 10:41:27 am »
I suppose there's a (weak) outside chance that some benefactor or entrepreneur might offer to buy the stadium as a step to setting up a new club.  I mean, this company has no reason to reject such offers out of hand?

The land is much more valuable to them as houses than a football ground sadly. Suspect that’s the way it’ll go

That’s the thing isn’t it, they won’t need much of a ground. They will reform lower in the league system alongside Radcliffe Borough and Ramsbottom United both very local to them. FC United just up the road as well

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #176 on: August 28, 2019, 10:54:27 am »
The bury owner never passed the fit and proper persons test.

That's kind of why they are in this mess. I'm seeing loads of people having digs at the money in football and how footballers on £500k a week could save them.

First of all it's incredibly sad for those who have lost their job, and the fans.
But why is it the responsibility of some mythical footballer earning £26m a year to bail out football clubs. So what happens next?

Leeds spend beyond their means. Should Sanchez be paying off the Glazers debt?

It's rotten, but to lay the blame at "the big six" is giving everyone else involved a free pass imho

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: August 28, 2019, 11:11:52 am »
I can't multi quote on my phone so if the land can't be built on without the developer replacing the stadium with as good or better size and quality, yet they now don't exist as a professional club and will need to start again alongside Ramsbottom etc etc in the lower leagues then it'll just become a derelict eyesore.

Maybe someone local, a wealthy benefactor will come along and help the community rebuild something for themselves.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: August 28, 2019, 11:17:24 am »
The bury owner never passed the fit and proper persons test.
thing is I’m pretty sure you can fail that test but there is nothing stopping you actually buying the business as it’s more a football league rule rather than a law of the land rule

It cost FC United £6 million to build their ground and that was 6 years ago. The house prices in the area where Gigg Lane is are about £180k, so I can't see anyone going for that as they'd never make any money. Selling it as it is to a new club would probably be the best option?
its near the town centre so could get a decent premium there, wonder if Neville and co offer them a decent deal to rent their stadium as it’s about 5 miles away

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: August 28, 2019, 11:44:17 am »
I can't multi quote on my phone so if the land can't be built on without the developer replacing the stadium with as good or better size and quality, yet they now don't exist as a professional club and will need to start again alongside Ramsbottom etc etc in the lower leagues then it'll just become a derelict eyesore.

Maybe someone local, a wealthy benefactor will come along and help the community rebuild something for themselves.

Pretty much yeah.

The way around it is via an exception that states the replacement provision can be of better sporting value (if it can't be replaced like for like). So if a phoenix club doesn't want a stadium, a developer could build on the land and then provide a load of grassroot football pitches either on site or elsewhere to replace the stadium, with a good quality clubhouse etc. and then argue it is of better value for the community and more necessary.

Sport England have final say as to what is acceptable replacement but they will also follow what the FA (at Community level) says as well.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 11:50:00 am by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: August 28, 2019, 11:44:19 am »
thing is I’m pretty sure you can fail that test but there is nothing stopping you actually buying the business as it’s more a football league rule rather than a law of the land rule
its near the town centre so could get a decent premium there, wonder if Neville and co offer them a decent deal to rent their stadium as it’s about 5 miles away

Bury isn't yet a town that really commands decent property prices though and maybe never will, the up and coming areas around here are all nearer and in better locations, Eccles and Irlam both are close to the City, on the doorstep of the Trafford Centre and are were I was told would be the place to look at if I went for a buy to let. Peel also have plans to build loads of houses along the ship canal next to the Chill Factore.

As for Neville etc, Salford FC already have a decent sized stadium in Moor Lane (called Peninsula due to sponsorship) it was recently renovated and holds 5,108 and they wouldn't relocate to Bury. If Salford did go up the leagues, we have the AJ Bell stadium right near us, home to Salford City Reds RL and Sale Sharks - this holds 14,000, I'm sure they would look at a ground share, the same way Wigan RL and FC share the DW. Sale only get around 6k in, so they could take over the footy ground or go back to their original stadium. Bury did move to Citys old training place in Carrington, so a new Rugby stadium could be built there too if needed.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: August 28, 2019, 11:52:24 am »
Bury isn't yet a town that really commands decent property prices though and maybe never will, the up and coming areas around here are all nearer and in better locations, Eccles and Irlam both are close to the City, on the doorstep of the Trafford Centre and are were I was told would be the place to look at if I went for a buy to let. Peel also have plans to build loads of houses along the ship canal next to the Chill Factore.

It’s about a 5 minute walk to the tram station from Gigg lane, and that tram can get to the centre of manc in half an hour so that’s probably the ‘sell’ for properties there, won’t cost as much as say a worsley or prestwich but can get you to the centre quickly and in the case of somewhere like worsley there is a much better public transport option, then again there is that issue with the car park spaces as well so not sure how easy it would be to build houses there, unless they build a couple of apartment buildings there?

As for Neville etc, Salford FC already have a decent sized stadium in Moor Lane (called Peninsula due to sponsorship) it was recently renovated and holds 5,108 and they wouldn't relocate to Bury. If Salford did go up the leagues, we have the AJ Bell stadium right near us, home to Salford City Reds RL and Sale Sharks - this holds 14,000, I'm sure they would look at a ground share, the same way Wigan RL and FC share the DW. Sale only get around 6k in, so they could take over the footy ground or go back to their original stadium. Bury did move to Citys old training place in Carrington, so a new Rugby stadium could be built there too if needed.
i meant the new bury side rent salfords stadium not the other way round!

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: August 28, 2019, 12:47:59 pm »
Pretty much yeah.

The way around it is via an exception that states the replacement provision can be of better sporting value (if it can't be replaced like for like). So if a phoenix club doesn't want a stadium, a developer could build on the land and then provide a load of grassroot football pitches either on site or elsewhere to replace the stadium, with a good quality clubhouse etc. and then argue it is of better value for the community and more necessary.

Sport England have final say as to what is acceptable replacement but they will also follow what the FA (at Community level) says as well.
Basically Gigg Lane will never see football played there again then.

Stupid questions I guess but who owns it now?  Has ownership transferred to the liquidators?  Will the parasites who led it to this crisis benefit financially after its liquidated?

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: August 28, 2019, 01:07:41 pm »

Stupid questions I guess but who owns it now?  Has ownership transferred to the liquidators?  Will the parasites who led it to this crisis benefit financially after its liquidated?

they haven’t been in administration have they, just kicked out of the efl so think it’s the same guy who owns it

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: August 28, 2019, 01:15:20 pm »
they haven’t been in administration have they, just kicked out of the efl so think it’s the same guy who owns it
Oh!  That seems weird I thought that was why they'd been kicked out. 

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: August 28, 2019, 01:31:45 pm »
It's probably too late to save Bury but let's at least try to get the parasites involved investigated.

http://chng.it/F8hD7999g2

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #187 on: August 28, 2019, 02:38:44 pm »

Would think ownership, after the loan defaults, will ultimately be with the 8 companies in the British Virgin Islands from which the loans to the old owner ultimately came from?
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #188 on: August 28, 2019, 02:41:08 pm »

I read this morning that the new owner from last December (who bought Bury for one pound) promised adequate finances to reform the club then turns around and mortgages the ground

sounds like a huge mess

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: August 28, 2019, 02:51:20 pm »
Having read the stuff attached to the petition I linked above it's a bouquet of barbed wire.

A tangled web of lies and deceit woven by wealthy people who want to remain as such, without a care for the chaos and carnage to the lives they've trodden on to get there.

Day and Dale and all their associated "parrners" should be behind bars.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: August 28, 2019, 03:44:05 pm »
It were Den Perry.

Sad state of affairs. After Anfield, the first other ground I watched a game at was Burnden Park. Always liked Bolton (before the Fat Sam days!). Crazy a club of that size could disappear from the football league.

Aye Burden park, on match days if you joined the wrong queue you could end up in the supermarket by mistake! They'd previously sold off one corner of the ground to the supermarket in order to generate some revenue.

A mate of mine was a Bolton fan and years ago he got us a couple of tickets to watch them at Burnden Park in a play-off semi final against of all teams Bury! So off we went in his 1.6L Vauxhall Cavalier and there was a pretty big crowd in for the game but I remember thinking to myself that this place isn't safe. Not sure when it was, late 80s early 90s? Ah here it is, found it:-

https://www.11v11.com/matches/bolton-wanderers-v-bury-22-may-1991-306882/
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: August 28, 2019, 04:07:41 pm »
It’s about a 5 minute walk to the tram station from Gigg lane, and that tram can get to the centre of manc in half an hour so that’s probably the ‘sell’ for properties there, won’t cost as much as say a worsley or prestwich but can get you to the centre quickly and in the case of somewhere like worsley there is a much better public transport option, then again there is that issue with the car park spaces as well so not sure how easy it would be to build houses there, unless they build a couple of apartment buildings there?
i meant the new bury side rent salfords stadium not the other way round!

I read it arse about face  :-[

Don't mention groundshare on here  ;)

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: August 28, 2019, 04:37:14 pm »

Isn't that what one of the main problems is? The EFL and such have no authority on clubs ownership, only accepting clubs into their leagues?

Wouldn't it require government legislation to make a certain type of ownership a requirement, however I can't see any appetite for this? I can't see the vast majority of clubs owners diluting their shares for a 50+1 ownership, so there would be fierce opposition.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: August 28, 2019, 04:53:01 pm »
My sisters in-laws are from Bury and I have shared a few drinks with their fans, nice bunch.

Clubs like Bury are as important to football in the UK as Liverpool, let’s not forget Ian Rush came from another small lower league team. Bury’s demise will hopefully force the Football League to make its Fit and Proper Persons test more rigorous, while serving as a wakeup call to other smaller teams living beyond their means.

I hope a new Bury can rise through the leagues and sooner or later be back in the Football League.
Justice for the 96!

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: August 28, 2019, 05:02:43 pm »
My sisters in-laws are from Bury and I have shared a few drinks with their fans, nice bunch.

Clubs like Bury are as important to football in the UK as Liverpool, let’s not forget Ian Rush came from another small lower league team. Bury’s demise willhopefully force the Football League to make its Fit and Proper Persons test more rigorous, while serving as a wakeup call to other smaller teams living beyond their means.

I hope a new Bury can rise through the leagues and sooner or later be back in the Football League.

Not a chance I'm afraid.

Popcorn's Art

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: August 28, 2019, 05:09:11 pm »

Clubs like Bury are as important to football in the UK as Liverpool, let’s not forget Ian Rush came from another small lower league team. Bury’s demise will hopefully force the Football League to make its Fit and Proper Persons test more rigorous, while serving as a wakeup call to other smaller teams living beyond their means.

The EFL couldn't give two shits. There's no chance they get their act together.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #196 on: August 28, 2019, 06:08:21 pm »
As a Liverpool supporter like the majority of you reading this, I am the wrong person to be pointing this out but what a strange irony that this one county of Lancashire amongst 48 in this country has several of the richest clubs in the world, and two going under in poverty right next door. There must be something wrong with how football is run?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 06:11:28 pm by markedasred »
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: August 28, 2019, 06:11:29 pm »
Bolton have been sold, thankfully for them

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #198 on: August 28, 2019, 06:15:50 pm »
Yeah, pleased for them. Pleased for someone I know who loves that club.

We are pleased to announce the sale of Bolton Wanderers to Football Ventures (Whites) Limited has been completed.

Joint Administrator, Paul Appleton, said: "This has been one of the most complicated administrations I've been involved with but I'm delighted to say we have finally reached a satisfactory conclusion with the sale to Football Ventures.

"At times, some of the hurdles appeared insurmountable and the frustration felt has been immense, not least by the supporters who have had to endure too many weeks of uncertainty.

"I would like to pay particular tribute to the Eddie Davies Trust and their legal team who, throughout this whole process, have been willing to do everything in their power to ensure Eddie's incredible legacy was maintained and not sullied.

"Even at the 11th hour when other parties were content to renege on their agreements, the Trust realised the very existence of Bolton Wanderers was at stake and were willing to find a compromise to save the club. It is a testament to their unflinching determination to do what was best for Bolton that we are able to complete the deal today.

"The Trust were forced to constantly compromise their position in the face of circumstances and demands which were wholly unreasonable. This says much about their determination not to allow Eddie's beloved Bolton Wanderers to suffer any longer at the hands of Ken Anderson.

"Sadly, Mr Anderson has used his position as a secured creditor to hamper and frustrate any deal that did not benefit him or suit his purposes. Thankfully, with the assistance of the Trust and others, we were able to overcome this obstacle.

"I would especially like to thank both my team and my lawyers who worked around the clock to find solutions to problems which certainly threatened to derail the whole process.

"I have every sympathy for the staff, players and fans who have been forced to stand by while their club was taken to the brink. I am delighted their loyalty, dedication and patience have finally been rewarded.

"Of course, there will be difficult times ahead while the club gets back on its feet but there are too many people with Bolton close to their hearts for it not to be successful once more.

"The EFL and PFA have both played a major part in the club's survival. They have understood the complexities of the process and have stood strong in the fight to save Bolton, helping to drive this deal over the line.

"Now there can be a fresh start with owners who, I believe, will run the club for the good of the supporters and the community as a whole.

"For everything the fans have had to endure, they deserve nothing less."

Bolton offal

Even after he's gone, Eddie Davies looking after them.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: August 28, 2019, 06:16:09 pm »
Afc Wimbledon started in the 9th division of English football in 2002, now they are in league 1, with Bolton bury and MK Dons. It can be done, but it's a long road back.

Just reading the above posts, and without knowing all the facts, is it correct to say that the owner of bury basically paid £1 to buy the club and now owns gig lane.... Maybe that was the plan all along.