Author Topic: Newcastle - RIP Jamal Khashoggi; Free Salma al-Shehab  (Read 1923651 times)

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
Re: NUFC - Continue Operation Destroy & Exit!
« Reply #17840 on: October 17, 2021, 07:29:58 pm »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CU-y4tlKqUs/?utm_medium=copy_link

Two for one drinks if you wear traditional Saudi dress. Sportswashing is really, really easy.

What’s the punishment for consuming alcohol in Saudi Arabia?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17841 on: October 17, 2021, 07:36:17 pm »
Is it not also a bit culturally insensitive towards the people they are now lauding to be dressing up in Saudi gear and getting tanked up?

Seems a little bit incongruous to say the least.  Accepting them and whitewashing their actions whilst simultaneously taking the piss out of them.  It’s a bit fucking weird.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #17842 on: October 17, 2021, 07:37:17 pm »
He isn't wrong. Extraordinary.

I noted one of Prince Andrew's daughter is amongst the dignitaries there today. Hmmm.

Arms Trading envoy father…
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #17843 on: October 17, 2021, 07:39:15 pm »
Is it not also a bit culturally insensitive towards the people they are now lauding to be dressing up in Saudi gear and getting tanked up?

Seems a little bit incongruous to say the least.  Accepting them and whitewashing their actions whilst simultaneously taking the piss out of them.  It’s a bit fucking weird.

Like a weird form of "role play."  :o
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #17844 on: October 17, 2021, 07:43:41 pm »

Doesn't apply to some. I was once on a flight from Jeddah to Frankfurt and the wheels had hardly left the tarmac before the kit came off and everyone looked like an Infidel drinking whiskey, vodka and you name it. The rich fly off to Europe for the weekend, whether it be Paris, London, Frankfurt or wherever and fuck the rest.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #17845 on: October 17, 2021, 07:49:21 pm »
If the Saudis had bought us I would immediately stop supporting the club. It wouldn't not be the Liverpool Football Club of the city I come from and the club could go out of existence for all I'd care.

It can apply to any bad actor.  Fans don't have control over who a club is sold to and shouldn't have to support the owner.  As already seen fan action can lead to at least some moderating behavior by owners.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17846 on: October 17, 2021, 08:07:54 pm »

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #17847 on: October 17, 2021, 08:25:09 pm »
Is Klopp the only Manager to call the new ownership out?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #17848 on: October 17, 2021, 08:27:36 pm »

Is Klopp the only Manager to call the new ownership out?

Christian Streich.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #17849 on: October 17, 2021, 08:44:54 pm »
They have such shit, entitled fans. Acting like they belong at the top of the bunch when they have never been there.

This is the impression I've always gotten from them.

I assume this is why they bemoaned Ashley so much as well

I've yet to hear any of their fans offer any kind of cogent explanation as to why Ashley was such a supposedly bad owner 
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17850 on: October 17, 2021, 08:48:34 pm »
So credit where credit is due - she has done remarkably well in her career to go so far up the business ladder whilst suffering from this disease.

So we need to give her credit for getting into bed with a murderous regime who execute gay people or anyone that crosses them because she has a disease?

Should we credit anyone else while they were selling their souls because they were unwell? I think Hitler was quite unwell while taking over half of the world, quite a feat some would say!

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #17851 on: October 17, 2021, 08:54:04 pm »
Saw a clip on SSN, asking someone form the Spurs LGBT+ group how they felt about going to the game. They said as the Saudi’s don’t own Spurs they felt ok about going to the game, but if they owned Spurs then he would not ‘actively support the club’. The Newcastle groups should be ashamed of themselves.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #17852 on: October 17, 2021, 08:55:25 pm »
I also think that if I hear a TV commentator, pundit or writer say "legally binding assurances" about the PIF and KSA one more time I'm going to get ill. 

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17853 on: October 17, 2021, 08:58:08 pm »
It can apply to any bad actor.  Fans don't have control over who a club is sold to and shouldn't have to support the owner.  As already seen fan action can lead to at least some moderating behavior by owners.

Are you just taking the piss or what?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17854 on: October 17, 2021, 08:58:46 pm »

Flogging followed by 12 months in jail
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #17855 on: October 17, 2021, 09:17:13 pm »
I don't mind Bruce.  Ive got this 'theory' that managers generally work well at a level. Think of say allardyce and avoidinflg relegation. Moyes and comfortable mid table. Even (and not been shown) pep or mouriniho and financially restricted clubs. Don't think Bruce is the man to work with the billion pound players but he's done ok with what's at his disposal on the whole .
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17856 on: October 17, 2021, 09:25:14 pm »
So we need to give her credit for getting into bed with a murderous regime who execute gay people or anyone that crosses them because she has a disease?

Should we credit anyone else while they were selling their souls because they were unwell? I think Hitler was quite unwell while taking over half of the world, quite a feat some would say!

What was wrong with Hitler? One testicle?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #17857 on: October 17, 2021, 09:34:46 pm »
Are you just taking the piss or what?

No.  You're one person who is saying you would quit supporting your team in similar circumstances.  Would most?  Should they have to?  I think a lot of Newcastle fan behavior has been terrible but I'm sure there are some that aren't happy by having KSA as owners but have supported Newcastle all of their lives.  I don't envy them I guess.

As far as fan action, if Newcastle fans protested instead of pledging fealty to KSA would this even be happening?  The PL is only going through with this because Qatar/KSA made an agreement and they figure there is no other risk.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17858 on: October 17, 2021, 09:41:39 pm »
If the Saudis had bought us I would immediately stop supporting the club. It wouldn't not be the Liverpool Football Club of the city I come from and the club could go out of existence for all I'd care.

There would be blockading of the stadium and all sorts of trouble if the Saudi's bought us. Also im sure the manager would of stepped down immediately.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17859 on: October 17, 2021, 09:44:50 pm »
If Hitler was a woman you wouldn't say that!  Why do people have to fixate on the physical?
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #17860 on: October 17, 2021, 09:50:26 pm »

Pol Pot suffered with chronic IBS and had malaria

Poor fella
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #17861 on: October 17, 2021, 09:54:49 pm »
Stalin had smallpox as a child.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #17862 on: October 17, 2021, 10:17:15 pm »

So gambling and alcohol freely available to the masses in Saudi?

Offline villagelife

• 100 degree villageidiot
  • Main Stander
« Reply #17863 on: October 17, 2021, 10:25:33 pm »
It’s quite simple: don’t chastise people for their looks. Especially when you have so much more to chastise them over.

Really, when did this law come out?  I noticed 3 posts down you didnt pipe up when they called Bruce bighead.

She is one scary looking woman and a humans rights abuse supporter. Some sensitive misguided people on here.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #17864 on: October 17, 2021, 10:25:40 pm »
So gambling and alcohol freely available to the masses in Saudi?
They'll be putting videos out with stooges drinking celebratory pints of water before long.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17865 on: October 17, 2021, 10:28:33 pm »
They'll be putting videos out with stooges drinking celebratory pints of water before long.

And Staveley driving a car, with her husband IN THE BACK SEAT!!!!!

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17866 on: October 17, 2021, 10:31:48 pm »
From Newcastle online:

"Was it just me or did the boss look emotional when he was introduced to the fans?"
"He did. Seemed a bit overwhelmed by the support they were getting, and Mandy looked like she could burst with pride as well. "

If anyone talked about the Liverpool boss, how many Liverpool fans would think Jurgen Klopp, and how many would think John Henry?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17867 on: October 17, 2021, 10:49:06 pm »

Huntingdon’s.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #17868 on: October 17, 2021, 10:56:45 pm »
I thought the sight of the new owners celebrating that first goal was hilarious and sums up the new world of football and how the rich think. In different circumstances they could have been celebrating a goal for Crystal Palace, Birmingham City, Charlton Athletic, Bristol City if the numbers had added up. Fickle, their new plaything got off to a good start. I know that applies to all owners but it just seems strange, I cannot imagine celebrating wildly a goal for another team like that really.

Here's hoping they celebrate consolation goals against Wycombe Wanderers next season with the same vigour on a cold winter's night.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 10:58:52 pm by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17869 on: October 17, 2021, 10:58:47 pm »

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17870 on: October 17, 2021, 10:59:59 pm »

They could just save £7m with a swift execution in the middle of St.James' Park (or whatever they are going to call it now, sponsored to the tune of £3bn)
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17871 on: October 17, 2021, 11:00:28 pm »
From Newcastle online:

"Was it just me or did the boss look emotional when he was introduced to the fans?"
"He did. Seemed a bit overwhelmed by the support they were getting, and Mandy looked like she could burst with pride as well. "

If anyone talked about the Liverpool boss, how many Liverpool fans would think Jurgen Klopp, and how many would think John Henry?

to be honest, whenever someone mentions the Liverpool boss, I just think of that Brendan Rodgers meme.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17872 on: October 17, 2021, 11:01:07 pm »
I thought the sight of the new owners celebrating that first goal was hilarious and sums up the new world of football and how the rich think. In different circumstances they could have been celebrating a goal for Crystal Palace, Birmingham City, Charlton Athletic, Bristol City if the numbers had added up. Fickle, their new plaything got off to a good start. I know that applies to all owners but it just seems strange, I cannot imagine celebrating wildly a goal for another team like that really.

Here's hoping they celebrate consolation goals against Wycombe Wanderers next season with the same vigour on a cold Wednesday winter's night.

Stoke to be promoted then? ;D

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17873 on: October 17, 2021, 11:07:48 pm »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17874 on: October 17, 2021, 11:09:45 pm »
Really, when did this law come out?  I noticed 3 posts down you didnt pipe up when they called Bruce bighead.

She is one scary looking woman and a humans rights abuse supporter. Some sensitive misguided people on here.

Nah, it’s just decency, really. Happy to chastise her all day about cosying up to fascist murderers, but what is the need to attack her looks?

And on Bruce; shite manager but not deserving much abuse beyond that.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #17875 on: October 17, 2021, 11:10:41 pm »
*It can apply to any bad actor.  **Fans don't have control over who a club is sold to and shouldn't have to support the owner.  ***As already seen fan action can lead to at least some moderating behavior by owners.
*Eh?
**Correct. So just do what we did and get rid of the fuckers ffs!
***Eh?

If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17876 on: October 17, 2021, 11:11:28 pm »
??

Stoke is always quoted as a difficult place to go to on a cold, winter's night. And Stome are vying for promotion!

Wycombe, however, nestles in the bosom of the warm South.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #17877 on: October 17, 2021, 11:16:30 pm »

Nah, that's not the point I was making.

I was saying that even though she's got Huntingdon's Disease she has managed to go far in her career.
When you read up on Huntingdon's you realise that must be a very, very difficult thing to do.
Hence credit where credit's due in terms of not letting a disease like that keep you sitting down.

Bit like appreciating Darren Fletcher being a PL footy player despite his Crohns's disease. Even though he's a Manc.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17878 on: October 17, 2021, 11:20:21 pm »

Here's hoping they celebrate consolation goals against Wycombe Wanderers next season with the same vigour on a cold winter's night.

They did mention that the Premier League is their target in the next few years, which IMHO is quite realistic. It shouldn't be beyond them to get promotion.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17879 on: October 17, 2021, 11:21:16 pm »
ANY word on the supporter who collapsed?

didnt seem right that it took the players on the pitch to spot what was going on and a pitch side medic to go over with a defibrillator. surely there should be first aiders and defibrillator at the back of the stands that can react quicker?