Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3475099 times)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #67320 on: December 24, 2021, 07:16:03 pm »
From recent history about 1.5m tests per day.
We’ve been doing about 1.6 m a day for the last week or so… maybe we’ve hit it here too?

On the face of it, case rate per 100k are very similar in the U.K. and Ireland right now.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 07:23:33 pm by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67321 on: December 24, 2021, 07:30:20 pm »
How do we know what their limit of testing is?  What is it in the U.K.?
For Ireland it’s just a case of seeing how quickly their testing appointments disappear once released. They’ve been all but booked up within 30 minutes of release the past few days.

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67322 on: December 24, 2021, 07:40:17 pm »
We’ve been doing about 1.6 m a day for the last week or so… maybe we’ve hit it here too?

On the face of it, case rate per 100k are very similar in the U.K. and Ireland right now.
For UK our PCR testing capacity is about 850k per day currently (from the dashboard), and we did just under 600k PCR tests on the 19th. It’s not reached it’s limit yet but it will be close to it for some regions perhaps. I don’t think the remaining capacity would be evenly spread across the UK.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #67323 on: December 24, 2021, 07:56:43 pm »
For Ireland it’s just a case of seeing how quickly their testing appointments disappear once released. They’ve been all but booked up within 30 minutes of release the past few days.
Makes perfect sense…

For UK our PCR testing capacity is about 850k per day currently (from the dashboard), and we did just under 600k PCR tests on the 19th. It’s not reached it’s limit yet but it will be close to it for some regions perhaps. I don’t think the remaining capacity would be evenly spread across the UK.
Really interesting

Cheers.. and merry Christmas
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #67324 on: December 24, 2021, 09:14:31 pm »
Ireland reached the limit of their testing capacity a few days ago. They’re no longer identifying the majority of infections.

Think it will be a rough couple of weeks in Ireland and their hospitals, but hopefully it should pass quickly.

I'm hoping the incredible booster campaign will mitigate the worst of it. Maybe we've got in just ahead of the virus???
 Either way hopefully it will pass quickly as you say.

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67325 on: December 25, 2021, 12:56:33 am »
Makes perfect sense…
Really interesting

Cheers.. and merry Christmas
And a merry Christmas to you. Enjoy your time away from the classroom.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67326 on: December 25, 2021, 11:42:20 am »
www.nytimes.com/2021/12/24/world/africa/south-africa-covid-quarantine.html

S.  Africa ends quarantine for asymptomatic cases and contact tracing requirements:

South Africa’s government, buoyed by encouraging data showing that infections from the Omicron variant aren’t as severe, has dropped quarantine restrictions for all but symptomatic people.

That includes allowing people who have tested positive but show no symptoms to gather with others, so long as they wear a mask and social distance. A top health official explained that since the variant spreads so quickly, there are likely many infected people socializing with others and it no longer made sense to quarantine only those who have tested themselves.

The move was yet another step toward a slow acceptance that many countries around the world will likely need to find a way to live with Covid, rather than avoid it. The new measures follow recommendations from a committee of experts who called for focusing on vaccinations rather than contact tracing and quarantining.

“There is greater recognition that, in the face of a hyper-contagious variant like this, quarantining and isolation are no longer effective as public health containment measures to contain the virus,” said Professor Francois Venter, a researcher at the University of the Witwatersrand in Johannesburg and a former member of the committee.

The new protocols go into effect immediately, the health ministry said in a notice to local health department heads. The revisions were based on data showing that immunity resulting from previous infections was as high as 80 percent. That, coupled with a vaccination rate of nearly 45 percent among adults in the country, has kept hospitalizations lower, the South African government said.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2021, 11:45:13 am by surfer. Fuck you generator. »

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #67327 on: December 25, 2021, 12:45:55 pm »
It feels like a lot of people are seeing the reports that the impact of this version is mild and ignoring it.  I can only see that leading to severe pressure on the NHS in the short term anf maybe some sort of herd immunity. Guess it would have been better if it hit us in the summer .  Gonna be a rough few weeks ahead but the golden sky could he here in spring
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67328 on: December 25, 2021, 01:31:38 pm »
It was a good run but I’ve also succumbed to it it seems. Great news to receive at midday on Xmas day  ;D

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67329 on: December 25, 2021, 02:13:08 pm »
It was a good run but I’ve also succumbed to it it seems. Great news to receive at midday on Xmas day  ;D

Hope it's the milder version.  I've been asleep most of the morning but otherwise fine. 
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67330 on: December 25, 2021, 02:36:58 pm »
Hope it's the milder version.  I've been asleep most of the morning but otherwise fine.

Thanks. You too.

I’ve had a runny/blocked nose and slight cough for 3/4 days. Took 3 lateral flows which were all negative. Decided to do a PCR anyway and tested positive. Yet someone I spent a whole day alongside in close quarters on the same day of the test had a PCR and tested negative despite having the same symptoms.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #67331 on: December 25, 2021, 02:38:26 pm »
Get better soon lads :wave
Linudden.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #67332 on: December 25, 2021, 07:45:59 pm »
What is the latest on restrictions?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #67333 on: December 25, 2021, 07:49:34 pm »
It feels like a lot of people are seeing the reports that the impact of this version is mild and ignoring it.  I can only see that leading to severe pressure on the NHS in the short term anf maybe some sort of herd immunity. Guess it would have been better if it hit us in the summer .  Gonna be a rough few weeks ahead but the golden sky could he here in spring
Don’t think people are ignoring it but are being more careful than what they were being a few weeks ago. It’s fact that it’s more mild but I don’t think it will lead to the NHS being overwhelmed even with restrictions being as they are now. I think Scotland and Wales have jumped the gun in terms of imposing more severe restrictions from tomorrow and it’s likely they’ll only be in place for a month at the most. As you say, herd immunity is the likely outcome with omicron over the next few months.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67334 on: December 25, 2021, 08:22:48 pm »
What is the latest on restrictions?

Not sure on the restrictions, but the covid app and emails seem hell bent on the 10 days isolation with nothing about the 7 days and two -ve LFT. Which is a bugger as I don't thnk my covid pass will update.

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67335 on: December 25, 2021, 08:23:53 pm »
Seems this new variant is mad. I've known 2 people now who have had mild symptoms, tested negative on PCR, then tested again 2 days later through concern about mixing and it's positive. The viral load must be way lower, so either it is a 'weaker' variant or the exposure to vaccines is really doing it's job.

Who knows where we go from here though, you kinda feel the damage has already been done with regards to extra strain on the NHS and you'd expect less mixing in January anyway naturally.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67336 on: December 25, 2021, 08:25:07 pm »
Don’t think people are ignoring it but are being more careful than what they were being a few weeks ago. It’s fact that it’s more mild but I don’t think it will lead to the NHS being overwhelmed even with restrictions being as they are now. I think Scotland and Wales have jumped the gun in terms of imposing more severe restrictions from tomorrow and it’s likely they’ll only be in place for a month at the most. As you say, herd immunity is the likely outcome with omicron over the next few months.

I really hope you are right.  It's already creaking at the seams so won't take a big push.  I guess a lot depends on the definition of 'overwhelemed'. Many would say it has been for months, but the frontline staff are doing superhuman things to keep it functioning.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67337 on: December 25, 2021, 09:01:13 pm »
My brother has tested positive here in Dublin today after having it in July also. He's been very sick the last 24hrs after originally starting to feel shit on Wednesday and getting a test yesterday morning. Seen him Wednesday morning at his house so now have to go for a test tomorrow.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline tbonejones

• Dr. Doolittle
  • Legacy Fan
  • We'll be coming down the road...
« Reply #67338 on: December 25, 2021, 09:44:27 pm »
That's me in the Covid Christmas Club as well, and I am really not enjoying it. I would not call this a mild illness but who knows what strain I've got. Last couple of nights have been hell and it's feeling like tonight's not going to be any better! Fingers crossed it starts easing up soon.
Journo: ''So, let me get this right, train, coach, train, plane.''
Rafa: ''No, coach first because we will not be walking to the train station.''

Don't Buy The Sun - www.dontbuythesun.co.uk

It was poodle. She was rocking a fucking poodle to sleep.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #67339 on: December 25, 2021, 10:33:55 pm »
Hope all those who've come down with one or more of the variants are fit and well for new year.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67340 on: December 25, 2021, 10:59:22 pm »
Hope all those who've come down with one or more of the variants are fit and well for new year.
Thanks. And same to the rest of you.

Online King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67341 on: December 26, 2021, 12:12:41 am »

Thanks. You too.

I’ve had a runny/blocked nose and slight cough for 3/4 days. Took 3 lateral flows which were all negative. Decided to do a PCR anyway and tested positive. Yet someone I spent a whole day alongside in close quarters on the same day of the test had a PCR and tested negative despite having the same symptoms.

My brother has tested positive here in Dublin today after having it in July also. He's been very sick the last 24hrs after originally starting to feel shit on Wednesday and getting a test yesterday morning. Seen him Wednesday morning at his house so now have to go for a test tomorrow.
That's me in the Covid Christmas Club as well, and I am really not enjoying it. I would not call this a mild illness but who knows what strain I've got. Last couple of nights have been hell and it's feeling like tonight's not going to be any better! Fingers crossed it starts easing up soon.

spent today isolated also. today's LFT still positive after Tuesday's positive PCR test. Hopefully COVID is kind enough to give me NYE!

Online dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #67342 on: December 26, 2021, 08:10:56 am »
Hope you feel better soon guys. I had the 'Kent' strain, or whatever it's called now, this time last year. Knocked me out for over a week. Hope your symptoms aren't too horrid.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67343 on: December 26, 2021, 09:06:25 am »
One more for the Christmas covid club. One of our kids sons came around to his house Christmas Eve, staying over to have Christmas Dinner with his maternal grandparents. All did LFTs Christmas day to protect the older people and he tested positive.

No symptoms at all, feels right as rain, early 20s and had his jabs
Jurgen YNWA

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #67344 on: December 26, 2021, 09:50:33 am »
Hope everyone with it is feeling alright.

We have tested negative everyday despite bad colds but they seem to have cleared up now.

No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67345 on: December 26, 2021, 09:59:40 am »
Antivaxers posting this all over Twitter.

When it comes to science, they question everything.

When it comes to anonymous storytellers on Facebook, they don’t even question basic maths.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67346 on: December 26, 2021, 10:02:35 am »
What's the maths error?
Id be more concerned about the assertion that two jabs no booster is considered unvaccinated. I can see why they might do that given how ineffective two jabs send to be. Surely not hard to release the truthful figures.

Online Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67347 on: December 26, 2021, 10:11:31 am »
What's the maths error?
Id be more concerned about the assertion that two jabs no booster is considered unvaccinated. I can see why they might do that given how ineffective two jabs send to be. Surely not hard to release the truthful figures.

22.5 people had their booster?

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67348 on: December 26, 2021, 10:39:58 am »
What's the maths error?

Can’t do a 50:50 split of 45. I wouldn’t be concerned. It’s made up bullshit posted on Facebook by an anonymous troll and has been shown up by the maths error.

The only concern you need have is that crap like this spreads widely, unsourced and unquestioned.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #67349 on: December 26, 2021, 10:45:21 am »
Can’t do a 50:50 split of 45. I wouldn’t be concerned. It’s made up bullshit posted on Facebook by an anonymous troll and has been shown up by the maths error.

The only concern you need have is that crap like this spreads widely, unsourced and unquestioned.

People surely don't believe this?

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67350 on: December 26, 2021, 11:06:51 am »
22.5 people had their booster?
Ah. That's pedantic even by my standards. One or two either way would be fair . Still utter waffle though.

Has anyone got a code for the app after posting a negative lft. My wife is hoping to get her covid pass back at day 7 she's had a positive PCR five days ago , but never a positive lft ( tests daily) . Bit can't get a code for the covid app. So the app is thinking she has to do the full ten days.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67351 on: December 26, 2021, 11:16:57 am »
Antivaxers posting this all over Twitter.

When it comes to science, they question everything.

When it comes to anonymous storytellers on Facebook, they don’t even question basic maths.

It's always an unnamed source isn't it? I remember back in the a early 1990s unnamed 'senior police officers ' were casting doubt on the innocence of the Birmingham Six and we went through it with all the bullshit leaks about Hillsborough.

And really strange that no one who is unvaccinated is in Maidstone Hospital with Covid.

Never mind mathematical inaccuracies that's the giveaway.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67352 on: December 26, 2021, 11:21:40 am »
I'm no statistician, but given how many people are vaccinated, it's probably not that unlikely that in one group of 45 people that none are unvaccinated.
I wouldn't make a big fuss of fifty/fifty not being exactly possible. If they were using similar arguments I'd think they were just missing the much bigger more important picture.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67353 on: December 26, 2021, 11:24:38 am »
I'm no statistician, but given how many people are vaccinated, it's probably not that unlikely that in one group of 45 people that none are unvaccinated.
I wouldn't make a big fuss of fifty/fifty not being exactly possible. If they were using similar arguments I'd think they were just missing the much bigger more important picture.

I'm no statistician but about 1 in 10 of the population are unvaccinated so you would expect that to be reflected in the inaccurate data mentioned in that bullshit tweet.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67354 on: December 26, 2021, 11:30:45 am »
It's a fair point so Howard. The maths is beyond me. I guess if we factor in how much more likely you are to catch it when unvaccinated..
The bigger problem is that people who follow this bull can't be swayed by logical argument. I dont know how to alter their view. It's a bit like debating with a toddler or cat.  I'm just not equipped to do it . Maybe appealing to some other emotion.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67355 on: December 26, 2021, 11:34:43 am »
It's a fair point so Howard. The maths is beyond me. I guess if we factor in how much more likely you are to catch it when unvaccinated..
The bigger problem is that people who follow this bull can't be swayed by logical argument. I dont know how to alter their view. It's a bit like debating with a toddler or cat.  I'm just not equipped to do it . Maybe appealing to some other emotion.

You can distract a cat or toddler with a bit of fish or a toy.

Once down the rabbit hole distraction is near impossible.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67356 on: December 26, 2021, 11:42:01 am »
People surely don't believe this?

They don't need to believe it. They're simply looking for outside verification to justify their decision.

If you think about it, there's no real way you can argue against an FB post like that without getting bogged down with links, evidence etc. I don't know about you, but I don't have the time or energy to waste doing that.

It's simply a deterrent, a warning not to argue with them, as they will throw a million bits of crap like that at you, and you'd be expected to disprove every single one of them. But do they believe it? Nah.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #67357 on: December 26, 2021, 11:54:48 am »
They don't need to believe it. They're simply looking for outside verification to justify their decision.

If you think about it, there's no real way you can argue against an FB post like that without getting bogged down with links, evidence etc. I don't know about you, but I don't have the time or energy to waste doing that.

It's simply a deterrent, a warning not to argue with them, as they will throw a million bits of crap like that at you, and you'd be expected to disprove every single one of them. But do they believe it? Nah.

Exactly, you can't spend your time disproving every single piece of nonsense they come up with,  it would be a never ending task, some of it is just  obvious bollocks but can't be "proven" to be so either.

If someone claims as I saw recently that they knew 5 people who had died after getting the booster, it is very very clearly made up bullshit, but impossible to prove.

Its kind of sad now, anytime someone young dies, it will always be "vaccine did it"

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67358 on: December 26, 2021, 11:55:09 am »
Good point red berry. Back to the quote about arguing with idiots.

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #67359 on: December 26, 2021, 11:55:32 am »
Bit nervous this morning.

Bloke who lives directly opposite me in our block of flats has got a positive test off an LFT. Getting too close for comfort for my liking. Have done my own lateral flow test and all negative though.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt