Author Topic: E3 2018  (Read 7659 times)

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
Re: E3 2018
« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2018, 10:26:33 pm »
I read you’ll be able to play Ghost of Tsushima in Japanese with subtitles. Much better, I always played the Metro games in Russian with English subtitles.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2018, 11:31:35 pm »
If you don't want to go down these rabbit holes why even bother? I'm having a discussion (of sorts) with Scotty and you chime in to pick apart every word I say. It's like I'm browsing NeoGAF or some shite - who's arsed.
Fucking do one lad, but don't take forever  :wave

It's an open forum.  You want a private conversation, go elsewhere.  It's not about picking apart everything you say, but rather the complete bollocks that you come out with rather than direcly addressing a point.  If you're going to state bullshit as fact then you're likely to get called out on that.  "Do one lad"? Where are you from again?   ::)

Cut this shit out. Nerdiest argument ever.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2018, 11:00:59 am »
I read you’ll be able to play Ghost of Tsushima in Japanese with subtitles. Much better, I always played the Metro games in Russian with English subtitles.

So very happy about this. The whole vibe I'm getting about that game is one which would benefit greatly from subtitles with Japanese language.

With regards to CDPR the delays really weren't that bad and you can understand the reasons as to why they came about. I think that's part of the reason there isn't yet a release date on Cyberpunk 2077 as they don't want to put themselves in the same position again. As someone on the last page stated as well Rockstar have pushed back the new Red Dead a few times now and their resources dwarf that of CDPR and as far as a company goes they generally don't give one about their community. Yes Red have some pretty gruelling periods of crunch but as you saw with the Witcher 3 they committed to a game and three DLC and they delivered all three;yes you could argue they downgraded on the demo but again I'd argue some of it is a change to lighting and the dynamic weather which they then translated to the foliage - though only 2d - made it worth it and the game itself more lived in.

Rockstar on the other hand - again despite all their resources - produced a great game initially, with a good remastered but then had internal problems, and have given absolutely nothing single player based since FPM. Everything has been around mundane and in some areas low quality online updates.

It's not a case of having a go at one or the other by the way but I do think Kicinski gets a hard time when larger, better funded developers get away with having a pretty disorganised culture ingrained within their structures.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2018, 06:13:50 pm »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ITWOTgBNKzY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ITWOTgBNKzY</a>

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: June 17, 2018, 07:34:39 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ITWOTgBNKzY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ITWOTgBNKzY</a>

Nice, just need the English subtitles!  ;D

Online Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: June 18, 2018, 08:46:20 am »
Well said Chalky. Rockstar have really gone down in my estimation in the last few years. They still produce some fantastic games, but they used to be so much better in how they treated the community and they appear to be all about the money in many of their choices now, with the lack of single player DLC for GTA 5 that you mention being a good example as well as the different versions of RDR2. They're not EA, but from the community side of things I have far more time and respect for CDPR.