Author Topic: Monster Hunter World  (Read 5248 times)

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Seņor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: Monster Hunter World
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2018, 07:23:45 pm »
Yeah, High Rank gear costs silly money

I'm constantly potless. Would help if I could get over my hording instincts and sell the materials and ammo I'll never use

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2018, 09:01:57 am »
Yeah, High Rank gear costs silly money

I'm constantly potless. Would help if I could get over my hording instincts and sell the materials and ammo I'll never use

Same. Even being a massive "seller" I went from 200k to now 40k just by crafting one armour set and 3 weapons and thats only Rarity 6 stuff, I imagine the rarity 8 will need me to take a mortgage out from the admiral.

On plus side can start wearing Bandit Cape so break off lustruous and beautiful scales and sell those for money

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2018, 09:48:03 am »
Same. Even being a massive "seller" I went from 200k to now 40k just by crafting one armour set and 3 weapons and thats only Rarity 6 stuff, I imagine the rarity 8 will need me to take a mortgage out from the admiral.

On plus side can start wearing Bandit Cape so break off lustruous and beautiful scales and sell those for money

Make sure your using your daily vouchers on high rank hunts get double money then

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2018, 03:25:44 pm »
Trying to take down Diablos at high rank is virtually impossible. Need to break the bastards horns to get material for my kadachi pillar and just can't bloody kill it! Think I'll have to stick that one on the back burner for now.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2018, 03:57:07 pm »
Trying to take down Diablos at high rank is virtually impossible. Need to break the bastards horns to get material for my kadachi pillar and just can't bloody kill it! Think I'll have to stick that one on the back burner for now.

I can help you if ya want mate (if you're on PS4)

I had a quest to go up HR, kill two tempered belzegeuse, couldn't do it, exploding scales everywhere, it was pure carnage!

I have finished the game now, the end boss was a little bit underwhelming, so easy.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2018, 06:49:34 pm »

I can help you if ya want mate (if you're on PS4)

I had a quest to go up HR, kill two tempered belzegeuse, couldn't do it, exploding scales everywhere, it was pure carnage!

I have finished the game now, the end boss was a little bit underwhelming, so easy.

Add me on. Psn if you want mate, I'm TheRedViper87.

I'm Only hr 14 which might be my issue. I've been taking it on with people who are in the 40s though and still can't kill it, it's even harder that I need to break both its horns as well.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2018, 08:25:58 pm »
Add me on. Psn if you want mate, I'm TheRedViper87.

I'm Only hr 14 which might be my issue. I've been taking it on with people who are in the 40s though and still can't kill it, it's even harder that I need to break both its horns as well.

The monsters sort of level with you depending on how many people you take it on with.

You'll find that a monster you can take down on your own, will be much harder with two people, especially if one is a higher level.

I'm only HR 4 I think, started playing it and then got sidetracked with overwatch, really need to get back on this!

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: March 2, 2018, 12:20:17 pm »
How's everyone getting on then?

I'm about 50+ hours in now at HR 15. Think I've only got one or two quests in the main story to finish.

Finally got my gear off the Diablos that I needed. Only had to fight it about 8-10 times ;D. Still the monster I struggle most with I think, just can't ever seem to get out the way of it.

On a side note, Bazalgeuse is a bit of nosey prick when you get to high rank isn't he? Every bloody hunt he seems to pop up to get involved and start fucking shit up. Was hunting a rathalos and azure rathalos last night and sure enough he bowls in and starts dropping lava bombs everywhere. Ended up with all three of them tustling and fucking shit up while I ran round trying to get out the way. :D