Author Topic: Project Cars 2  (Read 815 times)

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
Project Cars 2
« on: December 5, 2017, 08:18:39 am »

I was hesitant in getting this as Pcars1 was a bit shit, but I've had this for about a week now (on PC) and have to say that it's hands down the best driving game that I've ever played (and I've played a LOT of 'em).  I've heard that with a controller that it's very difficult to play, but for anybody with a force feedback wheel and a PC to run it, I'd really highly recommend it. 

Graphically I think that it's the best looking racing game out there (the PC version at least) with the exception of replays, which I think look better in Gran Turismo Sport.  In terms of the car physics though, having played both with the same wheel, it absolutely wipes the floor with that title. The handling is brilliant and you can really feel where the grip is (and ends) and balance the car accordingly.  It really is fun as fuck and I've found myself giggling like a schoolgirl on more than one occasion. 

The real-time weather and time of day it absolutely brilliant also.  As an example, running around Le Mans with the weather set to light rain the track gets wetter, with the spray from the cars increasing and the grip changing as the race progresses and the track evolves from the weather changes and the cars running on track.  You are able to choose up to 3 weather conditions for a race and have the weather change at either real time or scaled to the race, along with setting the time of day and season for the race.

The open-wheelers and some of the road cars are a little too twitchy in my opinion - though they can still be fun -  but the majority of the cars, from the GT3s to the LMP1s are just an absolute blast to drive.  I'm seriously considering getting an occulus at this point.    ;D

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
Re: Project Cars 2
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 02:07:52 pm »
Is a brilliant game!